Druchiis' songs

Stories, fluff, army fluff, your own fluff ideas, and other creations concerning the Druchii, the End Times Elves or the Exile Aelves go here!

Moderators: T.D., Drainial, The Dread Knights

Kormin sombracier
Corsair

Druchiis' songs

Post by Kormin sombracier »

Hi

I wanna write a Tolkien style story about druchii, with lot of poetry, and some songs.

I know that druchii are like any others elves race: they all sing very good, and their litteracy is the most beautiful.

Do you know some poetry, official or not, about dark elves ? Some songs, even if it's your writing, i'll be happy to have some inspirations, examples for write some.

Last things: i'll kill everyone who say me to "try to listen to some metal music for inspiration" :evil:

Thanks ;)
French website about Asur and Druchii: http://ulthuan-naggaroth.over-blog.com/
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

Well I dont think the Druchii will be much into music, they sort of stoped after the sundering and vowed not to start again untill Ulthan was theirs once more. Thats not to say that there wont be any, no culture has no music but its not a large part of their culture.

The sea and Ulthan would probobly be the usual theams and all of the songs should be in Druck-Eltharian but I think you will have to make them yourself.
Moding a group of Druchii.net players is much like directing the musical 'Cats' using actual cats. Frustrating, difficult, chaotic but ultimatley satisfying and a great deal of fun.

Arch Deacon of the RPG forum
Gentleman of Moderation
Darklord of naggaroth
Dark Rider
Location: A dreaded place where any mere mortal would not be able to bear...Manchester

Post by Darklord of naggaroth »

I think the easied and main two things you could make songs about are...
the beauty of Nagarythe (the only thing they cherished for its beauty)
a hateful chant about the Asur
and maybe a song about Khaine too.

but I doubt that anyone ever makes poetry, after all, they call the high elves for doing so.
The Weak deserve To Die
DarkLord
Mornedhel
Cabal without a cause

Post by Mornedhel »

Drainial and DarkLord: where do you get those ideas? Where does it say the druchii have no poets, no singers? If you make statements like that, you should cite your sources, else there is no reason at all to believe you.

And why should they not sing? Even the vikings and ancient germans, who were rather less concerned with more philosophical matters, had a tradition of songs and poetry (in fact, both combined). So why should the druchii not sing of their tragedy, or of their wars versus the asur, or their great heroes?
It´s nice to be important, but it´s more important to be nice.
General kala
Blasphemer and Heretic
Blasphemer and Heretic
Location: Sowing the seeds of evil in the hills of Austin, TX

Post by General kala »

Guys, I don't know where you are getting this idea that Dark Elves just suddenly stopped being artistic after the Sundering. But I totally disagree. Even if the Druchii are sinister and vicious, they still maintain the contemplative nature of Elves. Their creative influences would have simply turned a bit darker.

I can imagine the incantation song of a Sorceress coven weaving a spell to bind a daemon of dark magic.

I can easily picture the great hall of Naggarothi keep ringing with the sound of a clear voice chanting an epic about Malkeith blinding Eltharion, while dagger pommels pound out a cadence on the table.

I can imagine a choir of Witch Elves singing out songs of blood and anguish to Khaine, with their litanies written in rhyming couplets.

Druchii music is the song of the iron fist and the vengeful heart. Their poetry is the voice of the merciless blade. Though they may have lost any sense of innocence, kindness or sweetness they still express powerful emotions like Elves.
Because anyone vicious enough to shoot down her own battlecruiser because there might be a traitor at the helm deserves to have a Druchii namesake.
Fingol darkwater
Witch King's Envoy

Post by Fingol darkwater »

I know where Drainial is getting that from, but I'm quite sure he's misinterpreting the quotation.

Off the top of my head, I remember Furion's story mentioning that the glory of Nagarythe (that is, the songs & arts) would never be recreated until Malekith sits on the Phoenix Throne. The very fact that Furion is telling a story (an art form on its own) tells us that the Druchii haven't abandoned the arts. In fact, I'm pretty sure Furion meant that the Asur are just so terrible at poetry and such that they could never hold a candle to what the Nagarythi accomplished, thus such wonders can't be reproduced on Ulthuan until the Druchii take it over.

Last things: i'll kill everyone who say me to "try to listen to some metal music for inspiration" :evil:

QFT. I'm actually not too good at this sort of thing though to be honest. Kala's examples sounded quite good.
Druchii Discussion and History mod

Behind every mask, is a man
who can't live in his own skin.
He lives by the flask.
He bathes in his past
and dies of his own sins
Khel
Angel of Darkness

Post by Khel »

Ever heard of battle Hymn's? Well i doubt the druchii would be singing them loud and proud into battle. I bet there would be a slave song the slaves made about the druchii, that was before they had their tonges cut out for being happy. Maybe the druchii would be singing on their way to battle against their former Brothers? Plus in the Hall of Naggaroth, you can hear the praises to Khaine and the people talking in secret with the occasional slave being dragged out of the hall with his legs missing.
Saldrimek Xenan - WS6 / S4 / T3 / D5 / I3

Equipment: Executioners Axe (Rune of Beastslaying - Heroic Killing Blow), 2 Scimitars (Rune of Speed - Always Strike First), Dagger, Rune Branded Leather Armour, Executioner Helm, Fine Set of Throwing Knives (x4)
Inventory: Amulet of Darkness, Poison Vials x7, Deadly Poison Vials x8
Mount: Dark Steed
Gold: 163
Skills: Ambidexterity, Frenzy, Two Weapon Fighting, Ride
Class: Khainite
Draknir
Dark Artist

Post by Draknir »

When talking of a battle hymn, I would say something menacing and intimidating to scare the enemy and encourage the own troops, accompanied with the pounding of drums and playing of horns. The words would be something that really freezes the blood of the enemies.

If I may say, Khelmor's poems I've read are very good... Kormin should really see them (winks to Khelmor)
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

I got it from the army book when Furion is speaking, maybe it is not exactly what is ment but if it is true then it sugests to me that even the songs sung in the palaces of the mighty will have relitivly unknown composers.
Moding a group of Druchii.net players is much like directing the musical 'Cats' using actual cats. Frustrating, difficult, chaotic but ultimatley satisfying and a great deal of fun.

Gentleman of Moderation
Almundis
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Almundis »

it might be worth creating a song thats meant to have been sung befor nagarythe was sunken, being that eleves live ages its possible that one of em may still know a tune or two
name: Rhyithan Uematsu
WS 4 (5)
Str 4
T 4
Dxty 2
Int 5
Equipment: Longsword, Shield, Lightarmor, Seadragon Cloak, Enchanted Draich (+1 WS).
skills: Two-Handed Weapon Fighting
10gc

awesome tattoo - priceless.
Sirist
Black Guard

Post by Sirist »

Just as a shameless plug, the second chapter in 'Sea of Shadows' features a song I wrote about Druchii going to sea. Disuan is actually an accomplished singer, and Dizaun -- whilst not a singer -- loves music.
Darklord of naggaroth
Dark Rider
Location: A dreaded place where any mere mortal would not be able to bear...Manchester

Mornedhel wrote:Drainial and DarkLord: where do you get those ideas? Where does it say the druchii have no poets, no singers? If you make statements like that, you should cite your sources, else there is no reason at all to believe you.

'Thus our weakling kin srudied poetry, dancing, gardening and other nonsense...' page 61

so I would have thought that they viewed these arts as a waste of time, time better spent preparing for war.
The Weak deserve To Die
DarkLord
Mornedhel
Cabal without a cause

Post by Mornedhel »

Page 59 first paragraph wrote:The Cult of Pleasure produced the greatest songs of the age..

So yeah, I'd say you should look at the context of the quote you are referring to. The paragraph where you found it describes how the asur neglected their military and instead spent all their time with things like poetry, dancing and gardening. So basically it does not say poetry, dancing and gardening are completely useless, but that stopping to train and build up the military in favour of spending time with such things is folly.
It´s nice to be important, but it´s more important to be nice.
Khel
Angel of Darkness

Post by Khel »

thanks again Draknir, though i think it would be a real challenge to make a druchii War song.

Equipment: Executioners Axe (Rune of Beastslaying - Heroic Killing Blow), 2 Scimitars (Rune of Speed - Always Strike First), Dagger, Rune Branded Leather Armour, Executioner Helm, Fine Set of Throwing Knives (x4)
Almundis
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Almundis »

war songs/chants would be good for druchii, something to inspire them into bloodlust
name: Rhyithan Uematsu
WS 4 (5)
Str 4
T 4
Dxty 2
Int 5
Equipment: Longsword, Shield, Lightarmor, Seadragon Cloak, Enchanted Draich (+1 WS).
skills: Two-Handed Weapon Fighting
10gc

awesome tattoo - priceless.
Kormin sombracier
Corsair

Post by Kormin sombracier »

If I may say, Khelmor's poems I've read are very good... Kormin should really see them (winks to Khelmor)

May I have a link to see them ? :D

I can imagine the incantation song of a Sorceress coven weaving a spell to bind a daemon of dark magic.

I can easily picture the great hall of Naggarothi keep ringing with the sound of a clear voice chanting an epic about Malkeith blinding Eltharion, while dagger pommels pound out a cadence on the table.

I can imagine a choir of Witch Elves singing out songs of blood and anguish to Khaine, with their litanies written in rhyming couplets.

I can imagine mariner and corsars singing songs about the sea and about some mariner storys' ;)
French website about Asur and Druchii: http://ulthuan-naggaroth.over-blog.com/
Khel
Angel of Darkness

Post by Khel »

Lordofthenight
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Lordofthenight »

DarkLord Of Naggaroth wrote:
Mornedhel wrote:Drainial and DarkLord: where do you get those ideas? Where does it say the druchii have no poets, no singers? If you make statements like that, you should cite your sources, else there is no reason at all to believe you.

'Thus our weakling kin srudied poetry, dancing, gardening and other nonsense...' page 61

so I would have thought that they viewed these arts as a waste of time, time better spent preparing for war.

Well, studying it isn't exactly the same as taking an interest in it. He could well be remarking among the fact that some Asur citizens are poets for a living, while any Druchii would take something far more sensible as their profession, and only write on the side.
Punishment leads to Fear. Fear leads to Obedience. Obedience leads to Freedom. Therefore, Punishment leads to Freedom.

Kuyoz Nightkiller
WS: 4 S:3 T:3 D:4 I:4
Repeater Crossbow, Short Sword, Shade Cloak, Light Armour
5 throwing daggers, 90gc
Ramaj
Cold One Knight

Post by Ramaj »

I imagine Khainite chants sounding a lot like this actually:

http://www.aimelek.com/locker/sacrifice.mp3

:shock:
Why WFB Elves are great:

1. Malekith only has one arm ;)
2. Tyrion's 'monster' mount is a horse
3. Teclis drinks all the time
4. Morathi looks like she strips for a living
Darklord of naggaroth
Dark Rider

Ramaj wrote:I imagine Khainite chants sounding a lot like this actually:

http://www.aimelek.com/locker/sacrifice.mp3

:shock:

wow, so druchiiish! How inspiring to be evil! well, until it got to the second half :roll:
The Weak deserve To Die
DarkLord
Ramaj
Cold One Knight

Post by Ramaj »

But that was the best part ;) ! I thought that screech at the end was rather witch elf like :P...
Why WFB Elves are great:

Neves
Black Guard

Post by Neves »

That last example was indeed a very 'inside Khaine's temple' feel. :o

Very good inspiration source!

EDIT: you might want to take a look at the 'Silmarillion' by Tolkien, there is a part about a Dark Elf, maybe it contains a song or poëm. Not sure though.
On my signal...unleash Hell.
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

I dont know it seemed a bit to barbaric to me and I dont know why but I have allways imagined the sacrifices to be sort of private, just the whitch elf and the victem.

Gentleman of Moderation
Ramaj
Cold One Knight

Post by Ramaj »

Half-naked priests who tear the still-beating hearts from their victims, drink and bathe in blood don't strike you as a tad 'barbaric'? According to the Malus series true WE also practice cannibalism! You must remember that while elven high culture seems refined, Druchii religion is extremely savage. The sacrificial rites are only slightly more restrained than the Khornate equivalent. Also mass sacrifices are very much a public affair, just read the 'Death Night' fluff...
Why WFB Elves are great:

Fingol darkwater
Witch King's Envoy

Post by Fingol darkwater »

You must remember that while elven high culture seems refined, Druchii religion is extremely savage.

As far as the organized religion goes, ie. the Temple and the Shade Clans, they are extremely savage! They also get to be pretty hedonistic, so their practices get dangerously close to being Slaaneshi like as well.
Druchii Discussion and History mod

Behind every mask, is a man
who can't live in his own skin.
He lives by the flask.
He bathes in his past
and dies of his own sins