Death Night is coming - How will YOU survive?

Stories, fluff, army fluff, your own fluff ideas, and other creations concerning the Druchii, the End Times Elves or the Exile Aelves go here!

Moderators: T.D., Drainial, The Dread Knights

xFallenx
Malekith's Best Friend

Re: Death Night is coming - How will YOU survive?

Post by xFallenx »

Great reads all! Thanks for all the inspired work.
Oct 2013-Current: 3-2-0
Skilgannan
Trainee Warrior

Post by Skilgannan »

Really great stories guys. Next year I will certainly be participating. I was going to this year but I kept saying I'll do it later but as we all know later never comes.

Tim
Scythe
Death Night Survivor

Post by Scythe »

Thanks all! It was a lot of fun coming up with that story - and it was also a really wonderful motivation to start coming up with some overdue fluff for some of my army.

I've decided the character in my death night story will be my army's general, Ecator Scythe - the surname having been earned by both his prowess in the art of pillaging/slaving and also his tendency to wield a large scythe as a great weapon into battle (I have a fleetmaster model conversion planned for this that will eventually find its way into my plog). Following the story he goes on to eventually become fleetmaster of Dawn's Lament.

As for the other stories - wow! I was unsure what to expect when I first saw the topic posted, but the final result surpassed whatever those expectations may have been. In the end there were about 3 stories that I would have liked to have voted for, and a whole bunch more that were in different ways unique, clever, and/or thorough. All were entertaining.

Looking forward to more stuff like this in the future! And with Death Night now behind us, I hope you all have a chance to enjoy the holidays!
Haagrum
PhD in Dark Magic

Post by Haagrum »

Thanks to everyone who contributed to Death Night, and congrats to Scythe, my fellow survivor. Here's to more such events in the future, and to the return of Wolden Spoons under another guise. It was hard to pick just one story to vote for - people really got into the spirit of the event and put together some truly chilling stories of ruthless survival.

In much the same vein as Scythe, I intend to start using the characters from the story as characters in my armies. I already have an old Corsair champion to use as Varek Bloodspite (painted to use the old Blood Armour, no less)... now I just need to find a reliable use for the Fleetmaster's rules or a rules errata.

Happy holidays, everyone!
"The wrath of a good man is not to be feared. They have too many rules."

"Good men don't need rules. Today is not a good time to find out why I have so many."
Wolden Spoons
Sacrificed to Khaine on Death Night

Post by Wolden Spoons »

For those who didn't vote, I gracefully accept you voted for me. Really liked the final story interlinking everyone, good work.

As for my fate, don't worry, I am happy taking one for the team :). Melle, so glad you escaped following your bravery.

Admins, I will contact you shortly. For the rest of you.

IT WAS AS PAINFUL AS IT SOUNDS..................
Strykan ar stark I den har.
direweasel
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by direweasel »

The tie-in story was a very nice touch. And yes Wolden Spoons, your death did not sound pleasant to say the least!

Looking forward to next time.
Chinese Relativity Axiom: No matter how glorious your triumphs, nor how miserable your failures, there will always be at least one billion people in China who don't give a damn.

Apocalypse Drow! Plog: http://druchii.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=75360