Who Minds the Store whenever Malekith is invading Ulthuan?

Stories, fluff, army fluff, your own fluff ideas, and other creations concerning the Druchii, the End Times Elves or the Exile Aelves go here!

Moderators: T.D., Drainial, The Dread Knights

Scalenex1
Slave (off the Altar)

Who Minds the Store whenever Malekith is invading Ulthuan?

Post by Scalenex1 »

When the bulk of the Dark Elves are sailing their Black Arcs to Ulthuan, who remains behind?

The Warhammer histories don't like to have the Forces of Destruction on the defensive much, but Naggoroth would be pretty vulnerable during each of Malekith's crusades. If the Lizardmen, Warriors of Chaos, or Daemons attacked Naggoroth en masse, who would stand against them?
All hail Malekith mightiest of all elves! He alone has Toughness 4.
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Re: Who Minds the Store whenever Malekith is invading Ulthua

Post by Calisson »

Morathi.
Better, she can predict what will happen.
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Thraundil
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Thraundil »

History has also shown that Kouran is utterly devoted to the Witch King.
Name: Ladry (female)
Class: Mage (Pyromancer)
Equipment: Staff, longsword, dagger, 20 gold, insignia ring.
Skills: Power of Aqshy (2), defensive figthing
WS4, S2, T3, D4, I6.
Scalenex1
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Scalenex1 »

I figure Kouran and Morathi to be in Ulthuan with him, not guarding Naggoroth. I guess I was more curious about standing armies rather than characters. I figure the Grond leaders would mostly stay.
All hail Malekith mightiest of all elves! He alone has Toughness 4.
Underway
Silver Khaine Winner

Post by Underway »

Reading the most recent fluff, it seems Morathi is a bit of a homebody, with all her prophesizing and all. However, Malekith is not always hanging out in Ulthuan, he has a black dragon, you never know where he might turn up! That's one of his keys to control. He could show up just about anywhere in a short period of time and execute your sorry revolutionary behind.
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

I suspect that all of the six cities would remain large population centres during the invasions, a large portion of the populace would take up arms to be sure but the country wouldn't empty. War requires money and resources and a breeding population (each invasion may last centuries after all and the death rate can be high). Most of the professional warriors would likely go with the invasion including a high percentage of the nobility, to keep an eye on them if nothing else, probably leaving common folk as a larger percentage of the population. Since all Druchii of fighting age must spend time under arms and be equipped to go to war at need any of the six cities would probably still be able to muster a large force of well trained if perhaps not seasoned levies.

I would agree that the forces guarding the watch towers and the garrison at Ghrond would probably remain at strength or at least suffer fewer loses than the other cities. Many sorceresses would doubtless go with the invasion but plenty would remain for their own reasons. Likewise a large number of Miabed and Executioners would accompany the army but the flock at home still needs tending so some would remain. I also suspect that plenty of the black guard would stay to keep an eye on the nobles that remained governing the cities to remind them that just because Malekith isn't there does not mean he isn't watching.

So yes Naggaroth would be under strength but the nation wouldn't empty, that is why there is always something to come back to.
Moding a group of Druchii.net players is much like directing the musical 'Cats' using actual cats. Frustrating, difficult, chaotic but ultimatley satisfying and a great deal of fun.

Arch Deacon of the RPG forum
Gentleman of Moderation