A Raid against the Norther Wastes (set up)

Stories, fluff, army fluff, your own fluff ideas, and other creations concerning the Druchii, the End Times Elves or the Exile Aelves go here!

Moderators: T.D., Drainial, The Dread Knights

Saintofm
Malekith's Best Friend

A Raid against the Norther Wastes (set up)

Post by Saintofm »

When I come up with big story ideas in warhammer, I like to think in terms of gameing, and how what I see on the playing feild will translate on the printed page or computer screen. So I thought for the next big story idea that's stuck in my head, why not plan a big battle? Hypathetical game, but one that can leave plenty of room for leeway.

The Time Frame: About a year before the main assault against Ulthuan the last time the Witch King Declared full war against the high elves (with the chaos allies in tow).

The Plot: It has come to the only person left in charge of Naggrond (a rival of Ronan's) that one great Sorcerer Lord has been collecting all the dark elves that Morathi has been sending northward as experiments. As he likes to keep them fresh, he keeps them under heavy enchantments in a state of suspended animation. And he may be sending more troops to gather more.

So with malekith's permission, Ronan has used up every favor he has, and has asked for every vaulenteer that is either tired of not getting their share of glory or the chaff of other armies. From this, he will storm their gate...After he gets his butt handed to him, and he meets new allies to aid him.

Here is the army so far I can think of: 10,000 points to represent 10,000 officers, heroes, lords, doctors, servants, troops, and beasts both of war and burden, and my thinking for them.

Your Job will be to help me with a Tzeentch heavy Warriors of chaos list. The only restriction is that it must be predominently from the Warriors of chaos army book, and that its Tzeentch Heavy. How you inturpret mosty WoC and Tzneetchen heavy is up to you. CHaos SPawn? Check. Lots of Beastmen? Perfect. Daemons? Hay, he can summon them. ANything from storm of magic? You can do that. The two Forge World Books? Nice. Equip gear from older editions? Awsome Sauce!

My lords and heroes are all picked out (previouse charecters that stuck around) and so I don't really have much of a thought behind them other then cool factor.

First round will have
Dreadlord Ronan: Dreadlord on Cold One with Ogre Blade, Black Amulet, Sheild, Heavy Armor, and Sea Dragon Cloak. He's the general. See Him in Cold One Knights 1.

Dread Lord Sabriana: Say fiance at this point, and eloping before her reddneck family catches up (her mini is a old school beastmaster after all). She will have the Fencer's blade,Armor of Destiny, A Sea Dragon Cloak, and the other trickster shard. See her with the Corsairs 1.

Supreme Sorceress Seppacuna: Mounted on a dark steed, she's a Level 3 Dark Magic User (as the story progresses she becomes a level 4). She also has the Twilight Cloak and Tomb of Furrion. She'll be with the dark riders

Supreme Sorceress Erutanasia: I might shave a few points and replace Book of Usher with Sacrificial Dagger, but her other item is the Talismon of Endurance. She is also a Level 4 using the Lore of Shadows. She may use Death from time to time. She'll be with the spearmen.

Sorceress Tweekle: A firey Level 2 with, you guessed it, Lore of Fire. She has the Old Life takerer (S4 repeater ranged magic weapon that has 3x shots that hits on 2) and the Scepter of Stability. She's with the first uni of Crossbowmen

Sorceress Canatrix: Level 2 Dark magic usier with Channeling staff and Feather Foe Torc. She's in the other crossbowmen unit.

Master Bock Stobek: A Halberd weilding, Heavy armor and Sea Dragon Cloak Wearing battle standard bearer riding a cold one. He has the War Banner on is back in the same vein as a samurai. He's also with the main Cold one unit.

Assassin Sevril'Relik: Killing Blow, 2 hand weapon, Talismon of Preseervation, Potion of Foolhardyness (the last one is for the extra attack). Will be in the great weapon shades

Assassin Bakato: 2 hand weapo, poison attacking, and donning the terrafying mask of eeeheee. Expect him in one of the units of crossbowmen, adding a layer of defence.

Assassin Sulfura: She will have 2 hand weapons, man Bane and the Poition of Strenght and will hide in one of the shade units. And since this will also be a Storm of Magic game, she gets the WInd Catcher Prisom.

Core:

spearmen (The Red Serpents): 61 minis, Full comand, Standard of Disaplin: A old mainstay unit of dark elves, I like the idea of go big or go him. Standard of disaplin gives me some holding power for the meat sheilds. Now that I think of it, the supreme sorceress tagging along with them will get the sac dagger.

2 units of 30 Dark Shards: (Spitting Asps and Nethu's Agents): The first one will have the eternal flame standard. Aside from that I origionaly though 25 guys each with full comand and sheilds, but had some points left over so stuck part of it here. Regardless the large size is mostly for shock and aw, and getting a mass of shooting in one place at one time. For the most part anyways

2 units of 40 corsairs (Mansled's Own and Doom Depths): Full comand with 2 hand weapons, and the first one getting the Banner/Standard of Swiftness. Figue these these two units could be a more aggressive, devil may cry bravado types.

Dark Riders (Raven's Own): 20 riders (was planning on just 15) full comand, sheilds, and repeaters. Thinking eventualy will get slimmed down to 10 to 15, but for now they can take on chaff with ease.

Special: 8 Reaper Bolt thrower Teams: Laying siege, must have seige weapons. Might also have some monster killing propertyies or killing a few uber armored units like knights or bloodcrushers.

6 Cold one Chariots: origionaly 3, but 6 sounded cool. Might take 2 out and some of the dark riders to have some of the Scourge runner variety to kill a few monsters.

23 Harpies (Ronan's Finches): Bog big or go home, so lone wizzards and enemy shooters, as well as anti chaff, redirectors, and meatsheilds.

2 units of knights (House Carcus): The first one will have the Rangers banner (I get tired of having to look up forest rulles and other moving through terain rules., so I get used to takeing it) but overall both will have a full command. The sons and daughters of the Land of Chill have a few Nobility that like to proove their stuff.

40 Executioners (Sons of Khaine): Will take enough casualties to kill a quarter of it, but untill then one of my origional heavy hitter units with full comand and the Razor standard).

2 Units of 20 shades (Panther's SHadow Clan and Headhunters): ALl will have full comand and light armor. The first will have great weapons, while the second will have 2 handweapons. Over specialize and you go extinct, so they go after different targets (monsters and dwarves for one, and war machines and archers for the other, which will also mean shooting Cygores alot).

3 Hydras: At least 1 will have the breath attack. The other may have the spit fire one instead, but I'll leave that 2 you. Again, laying siege.

Bloodwrack Shrine: LD Bonus/hex. Also I like how the madusa looks. Not sure what unit yet, but probably the faster of the 2 corsairs.

K beast: Had some points left.

Other Storm of Magic stuff:

4 Ancient Stegadons: I'm thinking creatures beastmasters have captured, and here they are mostly beasts of burdon that can be unleashed on the enemy in a jiffy.

4 units of 4 gigantic spiders: Maybe some subliminal Drow omage, but more beasts of burdon dragging the carts that can be used on the enemy in a jiffy.

Cocatrice with Acidet Vomit and Poison attacks: Wondering how well they will do in a game, and say tags along for the ride.

9 Yhetties: War beasts/heavy lifting.

11 warhounds: hunting hounds with posion and scaly skin.

So What units, charecters, and what not would you throw at this to crush it in the ground?
Who needs sanity? I have a Hydra