Cool Dark Rider horse conversion

Discover the age-old techniques of painting...

Moderators: Layne, xFallenx, cultofkhaine

Forum rules
Remember that picture file size should be no larger than 256KB.
For the full Painting and Modelling rules, visit [url]http://www.druchii.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=27440[/url]
Metallic malekith
Executioner

Cool Dark Rider horse conversion

Post by Metallic malekith »

Bet someone came with this idea too, my idea is too mount my dark rider models (and mounted sorceress which is normal on the cold-one) on the new wood elf glade rider horses which look much faster and better any way then those very old looking horses of the dark elfs now.
I already ordered the horses (and seperate dark rider bodies) from the GW and hping to soon be able to post some pics of it.

Anyone done this before or have other ideas/reactions, go ahead :P
Facing the sun as they went to their grave
Burn like a dog or you live like a slave
Death is the price for your soul's liberty
To stand with the cathars and to die and be free
Langmann
Malekith's Tastetester & Physician
Malekith's Tastetester & Physician

Post by Langmann »

Hey Man,

This part of the forum is actually for suggestions on how to make the site better etc. The forum this topic goes best in is called Painting and Modelling.

I moved the thread for you.

Have a good time on druchii.net!
Last edited by Langmann on Sat Mar 11, 2006 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
While running a million dollar company, singing at weddings, and his frequent jetting to Spain Elton Jon style, Dark Alliance found the time to stand on the doorstep of Games Workshop like Moses and the Pharoah and calmly state, "Let my people go."
Gnosis
Hard, but Fair

Re: Cool Dark Rider horse conversion

Post by Gnosis »

Floris wrote:Bet someone came with this idea too, my idea is too mount my dark rider models (and mounted sorceress which is normal on the cold-one) on the new wood elf glade rider horses which look much faster and better any way then those very old looking horses of the dark elfs now.
I already ordered the horses (and seperate dark rider bodies) from the GW and hping to soon be able to post some pics of it.

Anyone done this before or have other ideas/reactions, go ahead :P

It's a good idea, demonstrated by the fact that a lot of people have done so before. There hasn't been a topic lately, but there were a lot last autumn; the release of the new WE having much to do with that, of course. Do a search for one of those topics, they shouldn't be too far back. Most of them were just 'idea topics', but some of them had pictures of the results as well.

I'm struggling to recall his name, but a certain well-known modeller and member had even used greenstuff to Druchii-fy both the steeds and the riders. Might be an idea, if you're up to it?

If you can, post pics of the results. We're always keen on a member's creative exploits. Oh, and welcome to druchii.net, of course. Check the FAQs and Announcements, abide our rules with common sense, don't hesitate to ask for additional information, and have lots of fun browsing our glorious website!

- Damnation, on behalf of the Moderator crew and the 10.000 strong member legion.
Count them:

Painted in 2013: 500
Painted in 2014: 600
Painted in 2015: 854
Neondestroyer
Dark Rider

Post by Neondestroyer »

It was Lion Of Flanders who made some amazing looking dark riders.

Here they are:

http://www.druchii.net/viewtopic.php?t=39326
Ik haat godverdomme trance!

Have a look: http://www.druchii.net/album_personal.php?user_id=10838
Tastyfish
Arch-deviant of the Cult of Pleasure

Post by Tastyfish »

Those arn't the ones I think they are talking about, there was another guy who extended the half mask into a full hood for the horse. He is brilliant at painting, but I'm not so keen on Lion of Flanders' riders to be honest.

Might be this one http://www.druchii.net/viewtopic.php?t=38307. The link to the picture seems to be not working, but you could check Cyberaggie's album to see if they are there.
Want to write background or fluff for the Herald? PM me
Ansob.
Follower of Malal

Post by Ansob. »

Link is working fine for me, and it was indeed Cyberaggie. Wonder what happened to the unit too, as he never showed us the finished works...

Anyway, simple solution for cheap(er than now) DR: 2 * box glade riders + 1 * box dark elf warriors; GR horses + legs + heads, DEW torsoes + arms.
General Kala wrote:
Cenyu wrote:Hail to the King, baby.
All my eloquence fails to express it as well as this.
Metallic malekith
Executioner

Post by Metallic malekith »

thanks for all the replies and links, those dark riders really look good though i will be using the normal dark rider bodies because i think they look very nice at all, they have pretty much detail and things. Whith some cool extras i think they will be looking "darker" then the converted glade riders, though they also look great. I think might be doing some modelling on the horse though, that link of those converted to dark elf horses gave me lot of inspiration >>> as will mine for you i hope when im finished.

So now ill just have to find some time and patience to make the models and then ill try to post some pics (dont think gonna be handy on posting pics :P, we'll see )
Facing the sun as they went to their grave
Burn like a dog or you live like a slave
Death is the price for your soul's liberty
To stand with the cathars and to die and be free