Chaos Non-Chaos Chariots?

Discover the age-old techniques of painting...

Moderators: Layne, xFallenx, cultofkhaine

Forum rules
Remember that picture file size should be no larger than 256KB.
For the full Painting and Modelling rules, visit [url]http://www.druchii.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=27440[/url]
Vorchild
Master of the Red Legion
Master of the Red Legion

Chaos Non-Chaos Chariots?

Post by Vorchild »

I've been trying to pick up a bunch of chaos chariot models and its proving more difficult than I thought (since I'm cheap and don't want to pay full price ;) ) so I'm trying to find ways to either convert them or find alternate chariots which can work. Does anyone have any ideas?

I was thinking that I could do some of the thing in plasticard and then add some bits from the 40K chaos vehicle sprues, but I don't know it that would work.
_
The storm is coming...
Are you ready?
Tastyfish
Arch-deviant of the Cult of Pleasure

Post by Tastyfish »

Plastic toy rhino, greenstuff and plasticard? Something like the FW mammoth or scrap launcher but on a smaller scale
Want to write background or fluff for the Herald? PM me
Cornixt
Cold One Knight

Post by Cornixt »

TK light chariots are cheap
Vorchild
Master of the Red Legion
Master of the Red Legion

Post by Vorchild »

Well, the solution I think I'm going to run with is going to involve a bunch of bits from the city fight box set - mainly the panels and walls and the like. It makes the things look truly bulky (which is good from a chaos chariot point of view) though it might actually be overdone a little bit. ;) I'm going to finish one off to see if it will work and I'll try and post some pics and such.
_
The storm is coming...
Are you ready?
Icon hack
Druchii Anointed
Druchii Anointed

Post by Icon hack »

Bryan, what about using balsa wood? You can make a frame pretty easily and if you have any of the old Chaos Warrior bits lying about, the one banner that is a wheel works pretty good as, well, a wheel.
Wishing everyone the very best, to the end of your days.
Vorchild
Master of the Red Legion
Master of the Red Legion

Post by Vorchild »

Well, speaking of that idea, that's actually part of what I'm doing. ;) The wheel bit. But I'm not using it as a wheel all on its own, I'm adding it to a wheel from a 40K set so it looks bigger.

Balsa's a good idea, but I find it pretty flimsy and prefer the GW plastic if I can get it (easier to work with too - I'm crummy at cutting straight lines with balsa). Maybe bass wood instead?
_
The storm is coming...
Are you ready?
Icon hack
Druchii Anointed
Druchii Anointed

Post by Icon hack »

I've never used bass wood, myself. But I do know that if you let superglue soak into balsa, it gets pretty rigid and sturdy. Cutting straight lines in any medium though is a challenge I don't know how to advise on.

I'm very interested in seeing the finished product. I've been toying with the idea of making another pair of RBTs out of balsa (or something else, like sprues possibly - GW of course so they will be tournement legal), off and on for a while now.
Wishing everyone the very best, to the end of your days.