Cool idea or no?

Discover the age-old techniques of painting...

Moderators: Layne, xFallenx, cultofkhaine

Forum rules
Remember that picture file size should be no larger than 256KB.
For the full Painting and Modelling rules, visit [url]http://www.druchii.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=27440[/url]
Mr_styrofoam
Dark Rider

Cool idea or no?

Post by Mr_styrofoam »

Alright so I just got a bunch of dark riders, and I was trying to figure out a cool way to paint them. I've already figured black horses (duh) and I wanna do white robes on the riders, and dark blue armor. But then I got this sweet idea to paint warpaint on the horses, aka bright blue and yellow handprints on the hindquarters, dyed strands on the tail and mane (even hoofs?), other stuff if I can think of it. Has anyone ever done this before or have pictures, or any other advice? I think this might turn out pretty sweet, I'll post pics if it does.

Oh and also, after the chaos black undercoat on the horse bodies and hair, can you highlight with straight codex grey or should I do a mix with chaos black first and then straight codex grey?
Goldfish
Trainee Warrior

Post by Goldfish »

Oh and also, after the chaos black undercoat on the horse bodies and hair, can you highlight with straight codex grey or should I do a mix with chaos black first and then straight codex grey?

On my Barded Chaos Steeds I use Chaos Black then drybrush with Codex Grey, looks pretty nice. The hooves comes out pretty well too.
Lord_jimmy_
Cold One Knight

Post by Lord_jimmy_ »

Sounds like it could look cool, I'm just not sure if Dark Elves are the warpaint type. I know they are evil but they are still Elves, and that means clean fancy clothes and clean fancy armour and clean fancy skin. I dont think messing up their clean fancy horses would make them happy.

But if you want to, go ahead, I'm sure it could look cool. Just not my thing.

Codex grey goes well on black I feel, if you use a couple of watered down coats.
People say I'm cocky, I say it's because they know I'm the best.

GrogsnotPowwabomba wrote:Ok, I agree with Lord_Jimmy here.
Saedron
Shade

Post by Saedron »

I would like to echo the concern that I don't see DE as the warpaint type, and if they were, it would probably show up on witch elves before dark riders.

Go for it if you want, I would be interested to see results. Good luck!