[PLOG] DarkNightshades Dark Elf Army *pic heavy*

Discover the age-old techniques of painting...

Moderators: Layne, xFallenx, cultofkhaine

Forum rules
Remember that picture file size should be no larger than 256KB.
For the full Painting and Modelling rules, visit [url]http://www.druchii.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=27440[/url]
Xizor
Chris Tomlin

Post by Xizor »

Hey,

Nice job with stripping that model, the acetone seems to have done a good job. I really want that model, but it sells for so much on eBay most the time! I guess Ill have to wait untill we get a new model for it.

Looking forward to seeing some progress. Also, but sure to PM me a photo of your finished tatto :)

Cheers,
Chris
The Black Sun Weekly - an AoS Podcast

Follow me on Twitter; @the_black_sun
No one
Noble

Post by No one »

looking good, however you might want to highlight the clothes with a dark shade of grey, this will give it more depth.
hope you enjoy the site.
'with hatred all things are possible' -Malus of Hag Greaf-

"3/4 of games are won by deathstars. Copy this into your signature if you still use real tactics to win"
Dannyisevil
Shade

Post by Dannyisevil »

The cloak of the corsairs are very nice collour.
The overall theme is nice :D

Keep up the good work.
Ragian Cain
Highborn

Post by Ragian Cain »

Very nice army for your first one, the Female of our species have always come across as more naturaly talented at painting in my experiance.
Darknightshade
Warrior

Post by Darknightshade »

Chris (xizor): oh i got this model real cheap from the swedish version of ebay :/

no one: yea i know^^ actually there is som grey highlighting there but not much and i will do a better job with that next time :) and i'm enjoying the site very much :)

dannyisevil: thank you :)

ragian cain: haha thank you^^ my welding teacher said same thing about females and welding ;)

hello and sorry for not posting until now but RL doesn't let me do what i want to so i've been busy wit lots of other stuff than warhammer,
anyways I have started painting the chariot and its crew :)

my boyfriend also bought two washes..badab black...and....eh it ends in mud and are brown i'm bad at remeber names sorry. sooo i thought now i can try those tips some of you guys gave me about improving my metal... i tried but don't know what to say about the result... you'll see.. well I should stop talking and maybe show some pics of what i've done tday :)

yea i will change the eye later ;)

hmmm the chariot looks better in RL :/

and chris heres some pics of the tattoo for you ;)

My Army Plog

"We're Part Of A Story, Part Of A Tale,
Sometimes Beautiful, Sometimes Insane"
Xizor
Chris Tomlin

Post by Xizor »

Hey,

Firstly, the tattoo is looking great! I have recently been asked by a girl I work with if she can photo me and my tattoos for a college project, so hopefully within the next month or so Ill have some good pics of mine :)

The Chariot crewman is good so far, though the paint on the skin does seem a little thick. Do you water your paints down much? I think the eye looks good, why do you want to change it? Look forward to seeing how it comes on.

Chris
The Black Sun Weekly - an AoS Podcast

Follow me on Twitter; @the_black_sun
Kurl-soulrender
Black Guard

Post by Kurl-soulrender »

That tattoo is some serius shiz. Gratz with that.
And your chariot and crewman looks fine, except the right hand, looks kinda, broken?
-JK.
Darknightshade
Warrior

Post by Darknightshade »

xizor: looking forward to see those photos then ;) its the photo that makes the paint look thick cause i'm addicted to water my paints down :D seriously :)

kurl-soulrender: thanks :) and i know!!! i noticed that when i started to paint the hand xD i guess i have to fix it with some greenstuff :)
My Army Plog

"We're Part Of A Story, Part Of A Tale,
Sometimes Beautiful, Sometimes Insane"
Sassmaw
Cold One Knight

Post by Sassmaw »

Hey that Tat looks sweet!
My painting adive to you is to not be afraid with the washes. You can put a ton of wash a a model and it will still come out great. Your painting skills are quite exceptional especially considering this is your first army. Keep at it love to see more!
Never underestimate the power of sheer bloody minded spite.
"I’m not going to fight them, you fool. I’m going to kill them.”
-Malus Darkblade

"We shall strike down our foes with sharp steel and cold hearts. The weak die so that the strong prevail and none shall be spared. Then and only then will our enemies know the true meaning of fear."
- Malekith, The Witch King of Naggaroth
Arcturus
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Arcturus »

I think they look good for first miniatures. You could thin down your paints a bit, some parts look a bit thick. Just get a palette, I use a CD cover at the moment for example, so it doesn't have to be anything special. Just take paint from pot, add to palette, toss some water into the mix, and you got thinner paint. You'll figure out what covers and what doesn't pretty quickly.

What size brushes do you have? The sorceress looks like you've had a bit of a big brush while doing her, seeing as she's quite small and full of detail. Also, paint thickness also adds to the difficulty. But essentially there's nothing really wrong with the sorceress other than a bit thick paint and perhaps a bit of unfocused areas.

Cheers
---Tragic legend, Eerie stratum---
Saori_nightstar
Black Guard

Post by Saori_nightstar »

wicked kool tatoo!!! really like the look pf your army! must have taken ages, but worth every min! brilliant warriors!
Image Image Image
Lil' Waaagh Army | DRUCHII PLOG

'I may have the week and feeble body of a woman, I but I can assure you, I have the heart and stomach of a King!' - Elizabeth I
Desmodeus
Executioner

Post by Desmodeus »

I love the corsair cloaks, and the skeleton on the Cold One Knight's bases is a nice touch.

The only critique I could make is perhaps adding some depth to the larger falt areas of metal? (Swords and Bolt Thrower) Maybe just a wash followed by another highlight in the base colour?

EDIT: Woops, missed the other pages, the new metals are looking good.
Nice tat' too. (Excuse the really bad play on words.:P)
Anast: Ws4 S3 T3 D4 I4 0G
Short Sword, Repeater Crossbow, Shade Cloak, lock-picks, choke-wire
Skills: Basic Stealth, Wilderness Lore
Blaznak
Beastmaster

Post by Blaznak »

I think your painting looks very very good.

Can I give you a possible tip? It looks like you are using the paint straight from the bottle (or possibly dipped onto a pallet). I think your paints would look a lot smoother if you try thinning them just a very small amount. Water is good, but there is also acrylic extenders you can buy very cheaply at a craft store.

I saw this the strongest on the skull banner picture.

Again, this is not a comment on your painting, as it looks very nice. However, the thinning tip is something that really helped me get smoother looking color and blending.

Good luck and keep posting!!!

~B~
Farodin
Assassin

Post by Farodin »

Your painting looks very nice, almost unbelieveble good knowing you haven't painted so much :o .
Too bad the pictures make it look like your paint is too thick, especially if you water them down so much xD.

Can't wait for updates,

-Farodin
We are Druchii, the cold-hearted blades of destiny.
We shall cut through the world and bring forth Khaine's Kingdom...
...and all shall know their masters
Lachlan
Warrior

Post by Lachlan »

Great looking army especially as it's your first! On an unrelated note that is a MAD tatt!