A bit of news from Raging Heroes

Discover the age-old techniques of painting...

Moderators: Layne, xFallenx, cultofkhaine

Forum rules
Remember that picture file size should be no larger than 256KB.
For the full Painting and Modelling rules, visit [url]http://www.druchii.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=27440[/url]
Raging heroes
Slave (off the Altar)

A bit of news from Raging Heroes

Post by Raging heroes »

We haven't posted news on this forum for quite a while, so it's make up time...
First of all, we want to say many thanks to everyone who has believed in us and help make Raging Heroes an established brand. You might not know this yet but this summer, we started contacting brick-and-mortar shops and our minis can now be found in nearly 60 stores in 14 countries!

We've got quite a bit of stuff happening right now, so we'll try to update you regularly in the next few days on what's up. First off, our latest release: after many many requests, Standard Bearers Eleriel & Alaniel are finally back in a new anniversary version.
We've printed this mini using our new 3D printing technology, which provides beautiful details, and we've completely redone the flag.
The miniature is currently being painted by Angel Giraldez Vidal (images coming soon).

Truth is, if you don't like naked beauties, or over-the-top minis, or billowing flags caught in magical winds, or a mini that stands out from the crowd, then this mini is probably not for you!
Eleriel&Alaniel makes makes a one-of-a kind standard, a great banner, or an objective marker in your army.
Total height is 11cm.
This mini will be available around December 16, and pre-orders are now open!

Below is a photo of the master (note the amazing level of details of the ladies' jewellry!). More images here.

Raging Heroes Team
Site / News / Facebook
Handsome jack
Executioner

Post by Handsome jack »

How large of a base do they need? will they fit on a 20mm base or 2 20s side by side
handsome jack
Raging heroes
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Raging heroes »

They are designed to fit on a 20x20mm base.
Raging Heroes Team
Site / News / Facebook
With hatred ...
Black Guard

Post by With hatred ... »

There is no doubt its a gorgous piece and I could see myself using Eleriel & Alaniel but am unsure which direction to go with the standard. I think it would be beyond my skills to freehand a decent design onto the standard so I'd probably have to leave it plain. Saying that, I can't wait to see it painted.
Also I must confess that my Raging Heroes Manticore is still only basecoated, oh the shame!
Raging heroes
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Raging heroes »

We have asked miniature painter Ángel Giráldez to work on Eleriel&Alaniel. We should have the pictures next week. This will perhaps help in deciding what you may want to do with the standard...
Raging Heroes Team
Site / News / Facebook
Dalamar
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord

Post by Dalamar »

Are there any news about Asharah on a pegasus? I remember seeing the concept and loving it but nothing new since :(
7th edition army book:
Games Played: 213
Games Won: 114 (54%)
Games Drawn: 33 (15%)
Games Lost: 66 (31%)

8th Edition army book W/D/L:
Druchii: 36/4/16
Raging heroes
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Raging heroes »

Pegasus due out early 2012 (really not that far off, actually!).

This was a very complex project, technically speaking, and since we had quite a few challenges finding resin foundries that could do proper work, we put that one on the back-burner.
We still don't know if we'll keep the original concept or if we'll go for a simpler version, because the former would be a much more expensive mini than a GW pegasus, for example. So any thoughts on this are welcomed.
Raging Heroes Team
Site / News / Facebook
Dalamar
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord

Post by Dalamar »

I remember the concept with something like 3 pairs of wings.
I think that was a cool idea, but a single set of wings is more than enough as long as the pegasus has an obligatory horn for impaling (just not a unicorn horn) and is posed in some awesome pose (preferably mid-flight/charge)
7th edition army book:
Games Played: 213
Games Won: 114 (54%)
Games Drawn: 33 (15%)
Games Lost: 66 (31%)

8th Edition army book W/D/L:
Druchii: 36/4/16
With hatred ...
Black Guard

Post by With hatred ... »

Raging Heroes wrote:We have asked miniature painter Ángel Giráldez to work on Eleriel&Alaniel. We should have the pictures next week. This will perhaps help in deciding what you may want to do with the standard...

So looking forward to seeing that....along with the pegasus, and lust and...