End Times: Unified Themed Armies

Discover the age-old techniques of painting...

Moderators: Layne, xFallenx, cultofkhaine

Forum rules
Remember that picture file size should be no larger than 256KB.
For the full Painting and Modelling rules, visit [url]http://www.druchii.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=27440[/url]
ferny
Trainee Warrior

End Times: Unified Themed Armies

Post by ferny »

With the End Times upon us, I was wondering how the Druchii might incorporate other elven elements into your style?

It's not unusual to see High elf lists with cold ones (dragon princes), or lots of shadow warrior helms for a Nagaryth feel. Likewise I've seen some cool Avelorn/Asraii overlaps. But I've not seen anything coming the other way.

Anyone tempted to stylise your black guard as phoenix guard? Or...well, I'm not sure. There must be loads of cool modelling opportunities in this though...
Makiwara wrote:The Brettonian real estate market is wide open right now, find yourself a castle, it'll be good fun.
Amboadine
Miscast into the Warp
Miscast into the Warp

Re: End Times: Unified Themed Armies

Post by Amboadine »

Plenty of opportunities for modelling. I want to read the background first however to get some ideas of who will be joining which faction and then look at options.
Quite excited about getting some wood elf models painted up in a darker theme, or into the list. Especially the Wild riders :)
Rowena
Highborn

Post by Rowena »

I think using models from other ranges is what has been done already, for various reasons.
I personally use plenty of wood elf and high elf models and there will most probably be even more when I get to making new models. In this case, however, it's because our army is a lost high elf colony that is neither here nor there, neither high nor dark elf. (Actually we have strained relations with both)

Is anything known about any of the elven armies actually joining together?
My painting blog

Even without Games Workshop, we will endure. Armies of the Unsupported Age, the models are out there.
Amboadine
Miscast into the Warp
Miscast into the Warp

Post by Amboadine »

We don't know the lists as such yet. Just know it is happening soon.
Curse_Bearer
Shade

Post by Curse_Bearer »

One or two units of Wild Riders makes me salivate. Khaine, Kurnous, what's the difference? :lol:
Killerk
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Killerk »

heavy cav i core make me smile. also eternal guard o look also core, and they have stubborn how usefull. But feilding 8 RBTs is just sick. And I will ba able to feild monsters in my DE once again.
Also known as Kanadian
strategem
Cold One Knight

Post by strategem »

I am more happy about the potential of 50 point chaff / re director / war machine hunter eagles opposed to our more expensive harpies.
And of course the possibility of 8 RBT's :D
GeoffDiGeoff
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by GeoffDiGeoff »

I use my deepwood scouts as shades already, and depending on new lists will be repainting some of my woodies in a more dark elf scheme, possibly adding some green here and there to my dark elves. I must have 7k+ combined at least, would be nice to have them looking uniform :) Matching in the basing for the different armies will help to unify them too.
Phierlihy
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Phierlihy »

Since you might be facing 8 cannons if Dwarfs mesh with the armies of men, I wouldn't get too excited about your RBTs yet.
Proud supporter of druchii.net
phierlihy@druchii.net
Searinox Nagharha
Aspiring Brush Master

Post by Searinox Nagharha »

personally im rly looking forward to Ambush Fast Cav, Warhawk riders and the possibility of a Frostheart Phoenix.
all modeled to fit my armies Raven Style :mrgreen:
PLOG - The House of Corvus

Group 41- Name: Searinox Nagharha - Shade
WS:5 S:3 T:3 D:4 I:4
Equipment: Long sword; Falchion (family heirloom), Very Good Sabre, Short sword, Dagger, Throwing Dagger (4) SeaDragon Cloak, Chain
Inventory: 30 gold (214 still to be paid), Silver Bracelet, several flagons: 1x Strength potion, 3x Courage potion, 3x Healing Potion.
Skills: Two Weapon Fighting, Acrobatics, Basic Stealth
Killerk
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Killerk »

Phierlihy wrote:Since you might be facing 8 cannons if Dwarfs mesh with the armies of men, I wouldn't get too excited about your RBTs yet.

You forgot about the extra 2 steam tank cannons.
Also known as Kanadian
van Awful
Highborn

Post by van Awful »

I dont thinnk i could ever, get myself to use high elves in my druchii army!EVER!
They've been my main enemy since the the start 16 years ago, not just fluffwise ;) They always been my mates' main army.
I could, maybe, see us team up a gainst an undead legion list, But ill be supressing the urge to smack him over the back of the head, calling deluded tw*t and flank charge his army, the entire time!

I could see me use some woodelf elements, always loved the waywatchers. Back in the day they could set traps when charged. probably not any more. Still got some of the 5th edition models. as well as wardancers.
The new treemen and wildridersmodels are awesome and now i got a reason to buy them.
The dryads still any good? always liked the models.
Nec spe, nec metu

I am an Extraordinary Druchii Gentleman
Jolemai
Executioner

Post by Jolemai »

From the rumours we're told that there will be three lists.

The first will be Tyrion/Avatar of Khaine and all the Khainites - So Witch Elves, Death Hags, Assassins, Executioners and whatever from HE/WE.

The second will be the Host of the Phoenix King, which will look something like this:

Probably with some Black Guard too.

The third list is the survivors, take that one as you will.

We are also told that Naggaroth is abandoned/overun and that Malus & Morathi have been left to defend it? So I guess we wont see any Harpies or Cold One Knights in these lists, neither of those characters and a tiny amount of our current monsters?
Rowena
Highborn

Post by Rowena »

I'm really, really curious about this, still can't fully picture DE and HE teaming up. (Except maybe DE defending Ulthuan because no-one else can have it? It would actually be interesting to see Malekith defending the land he wants to rule, butstill weird, at least for me.)
Do the rumours speak about any new models (more kits mean more conversion opportunities), or just merging of armies?
My painting blog

Even without Games Workshop, we will endure. Armies of the Unsupported Age, the models are out there.
Amboadine
Miscast into the Warp
Miscast into the Warp

Post by Amboadine »

Rowena wrote:I'm really, really curious about this, still can't fully picture DE and HE teaming up. (Except maybe DE defending Ulthuan because no-one else can have it? It would actually be interesting to see Malekith defending the land he wants to rule, butstill weird, at least for me.)
Do the rumours speak about any new models (more kits mean more conversion opportunities), or just merging of armies?

There is a rumour of a statue like model looking Elvish, which could be a nod towards a new Avatar of Khaine usable across both GW platforms.

Other thoughts are that GW didn't want to release any models incase they are seen as spoilers i.e look as shiny new Malekith model, he must therefore win and Tyrion lose. Not sure I put much stock in that after Glotkin however.

Everything seems to point to the initial launch of just books and magic cards.
Lord Drakon
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Lord Drakon »

BTW good luck re-basing your armies for the unlucky ones who based them with snow..
Amboadine
Miscast into the Warp
Miscast into the Warp

Post by Amboadine »

Lord Drakon wrote:BTW good luck re-basing your armies for the unlucky ones who based them with snow..

Snow everywhere, not really a problem to worry about.
Rowena
Highborn

Post by Rowena »

It's also possible GW will retcon everything. Hasn't that happened before? (Genuine question, I'm not in Warhammer that long)
My painting blog

T.D.
Killed by Khorne
Killed by Khorne
Location: Hinterlands of Khuresh; The Lost City of the Angels

Post by T.D. »

van Awful wrote:I dont thinnk i could ever, get myself to use high elves in my druchii army!EVER!
They've been my main enemy since the the start 16 years ago, not just fluffwise ;) They always been my mates' main army.
I could, maybe, see us team up a gainst an undead legion list, But ill be supressing the urge to smack him over the back of the head, calling deluded tw*t and flank charge his army, the entire time!

I approve of these sentiments.
OldHammer Advanced Ruleset
- Adding Tactical Depth to Your Favourite Tabletop Wargame
Saintofm
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Saintofm »

Well, didn't everyone's favorite Dragon Prince decide to do to Ulthuane what Texas failed to do to the US? Leave it? Surly he could find members of both armies that are fed up with their respective side (the bitter politicking of Ulthuane, and the desire to sleep knowing someone WON't try to stab you in the back every opportunity they have, just every other).
Who needs sanity? I have a Hydra
Red...
Generalissimo

Post by Red... »

Some more potential information about all of this here:

http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2014/11/ ... avior.html
"While all answers are replies, not all replies are answers. So answer the question."

Don't be a munchkin?

I am an Extraordinary Druchii Gentleman