[Review] Raging Heroes - Mantis Warriors, Troops

Discover the age-old techniques of painting...

Moderators: Layne, xFallenx, cultofkhaine

Forum rules
Remember that picture file size should be no larger than 256KB.
For the full Painting and Modelling rules, visit [url]http://www.druchii.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=27440[/url]
Jolemai
Executioner

[Review] Raging Heroes - Mantis Warriors, Troops

Post by Jolemai »

Raging Heroes - Mantis Warriors, Troops

The link for these can be found here.

These were part of the TGG2 Kickstarter so I can't comment on any normal delivery time or packaging (feel free to let me know in the replies and I'll update this bit with delivery info, etc). However, this is how they turned up (and with some 25 mm round bases):

Bag:

[+] SPOILER

Of course this means there are some bits rolling around loose but there's no damage.

On to the models, there's some flash as expected with resin. Detail is crisp and you can see evidence of the circular mould technique they use:

Front:

[+] SPOILER

Back:

[+] SPOILER

All the models are very light and delicate, but not flimsy. The resin itself is firm and responds well to cleanup.

Zoom:

[+] SPOILER
Front:

Back:

The mould lines are very minor and aren't in places that cause problems. On close inspection there is a small bubble but nothing that liquid green stuff wont fix:

Bubble:

The pieces are all ball & socket joints meaning you can pose them how you wish. For this review, here's one I knocked up:

[+] SPOILER
Front:
My apologies for the bad picture here...

Side:

Back:

The tab for the slottabase fits all the way across, but I will need to smooth it out with liquid green stuff.

Next, we have a comparison picture of Raging Heroes' offering placed alongside some of GW's.

[+] SPOILER
From left to right: Eldar Guardian (2nd edition) -> Mantis Warrior -> current Tactical Marine kit -> Space Hulk Terminator:

Despite being the right scale, she looks so delicate compared to the others. Of course, she's leaning forwards and I haven't got a normal Daemonette to compare, but she's about the same as a Fantasy Elf in proportions.

Finally, here's a shot of the full squad showing off multiple poses:

[+] SPOILER
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Re: [Review] Raging Heroes - Mantis Warriors, Troops

Post by Calisson »

Thanks for sharing!
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Jolemai
Executioner

Post by Jolemai »

No problem :)
Darkmark
Beastmaster

Post by Darkmark »

Nice review. I think the arms look a little odd, tbh.

It's worth noting RH made these more PG friendly with the models wearing underwear. I imagine trying to pin the metal versions would be exceptionally difficult.

Hope you're going to paint these up ready for the return of the Realm Of Chaos.
Jolemai
Executioner

Post by Jolemai »

I have every intention of painting them up... no idea when though as I have a backlog of other things :(