[PLOG] Sail with the Black Pearl...again!

Discover the age-old techniques of painting...

Moderators: Layne, xFallenx, cultofkhaine

Forum rules
Remember that picture file size should be no larger than 256KB.
For the full Painting and Modelling rules, visit [url]http://www.druchii.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=27440[/url]
Tribun
Shade

[PLOG] Sail with the Black Pearl...again!

Post by Tribun »

Let me introduce my Druchii, by telling you a little story. Enjoy it. For reading this thread, you should listen to this:
---click me, I'm a link--->Music for real Pirates!!!
;)

See the guy in the corner of the bar? Yes..the one with the scared face and the really mean looking dagger under his black cape! Go to him and if you are very patient and spend him one or two drinks, maybe he tells you something about what you wanna hear...

"So you young fellows wanna hear a story about Pirates...real Pirates? Not those lil' guys of Saratossa or the thiefs of the Arabian coast, what call themself corsairs? Let me tell you the legend of a band of corsairs, who are dangerous as a tropic snake and have souls so black and corrupted as the heart of a witch. Let me tell you the legend of the Black Pearl! But beware: This is not really a legend, they are real and I only survived a meeting with them with these nice scars over my face, to remind me not to sail ever those damned sea!
The crew of the Black Pearl are all Druchii...you don't know Druchii? They are Elves, but so full of hatred you hardly believe it. They are known as Dark Elves. The Pearl was part of a large raiding fleet, to attack the coasts of our lovely home, Tilea! Thanks to the gods and especially Manaan, a huge typhoon destroyed most of the fleet and the few survivors where luckily sunken by a returning fleet of dwarfish dreadnoughts of Barak Varr...Whats yar problem, pay the waitress and give me the damn ale! Ah...that's better. So where was I...yes...all of the Druchii fleet where sunken by the mighty cannons of the dwarfs but one vessel survived the storm and the attack...the Black Pearl! By sheer luck or whisedom Bruclir, the Captain avoided the storm and the dwarfish fleet.
Knowing he can't return with no slaves and treasures to Naggaroth, without having every Assasine of the damned Khaine-temple after him in the service of his highborn investors, he decided to stay in the Tilean sea and to do, what was his business...beeing the deadliest corsair of all seven seas! Some of his henchmen wanted to go back, so he massacred half of his officers to guarantee the loyality of his crew. After this brutal act of discipline, the Pearl became the terror of the Tilean sea.
The Pearl is a fast ship, made of the black wood of the Bloodoakes of Naggaroth, protected by old sorcery and armed with mighty spearthrowers, who can shoot a hail of razorsharp darts or magic missiles, who burn enemy ships with dragonfire. No human ship is as fast and as deadly as the Pearl, so every Pirate dreams to conquer her one time, but in this way only blood and death is waiting.
The pirates of Saratossa as the privateers of Tilea and Estalia learned to fear the sight of the black sails, because this means only death or slavery to them. Many fleets where sent to hunt down the Pearl, but the most of them were destroyed or came back without having seen andy sign of the Druchii. But there are also merchants and princes, who hire the Pearl to bring terror to the coasts and cities of their rivals. Bruclir and his crew got rich and so more and more Corsairs came to the south to follow Bruclir and replace his fallen sailors.
Nobody knows the secret base of Bruclir and some say the Druchii leave their ship only to board an enemy vessel.
Bruclir doesn't care, against who or what he is fighting. He took slaves in Araby to sell them in Tilea and returned to Araby with caught mercenaries for the slave markets of the Sultan.
So young fellow, if you ever cross the damned sea, pray to Manaan no black sail apears at the horizon, because in this moment you are walking dead men!"

Tell us about Bruclir and his officers:

"the captain....
he is one of the most brutal and ruthless elfs ever born. He commands the Pearl with extreme brutality, but leads his crew to more and more riches. So his mean love him nearly as much as they fear him. Bruclir leads the boarding attacks from the front and he's a demon in the melee, armed with two fierce swords and glad in a ancient armour. He has a magic skull on his belt, what scares you to death, cause the skull talks in your head about your worst nightmares. Bruclir is as smart a he is brutal and that's the problem he was never caught or killed.

the witch...

Ah yes...Yasmira. She is a witch, who can see the future and use dark magic in the fight. Some say, she is the cause Bruclir avoided the storm and the dawi attack and some say she is the only person, who is able to get something from Bruclir instead of pure hate. But people, who talk about their relationship often ended at a hook. But gods, she was the most beautiful girl, I ever saw...I would have offered my eyes to see her one time again. But she is not a girl, she is older as this Tavern. She is as Bruclir hundreds of years old, 'cause those damned elfs don't get older like us.
But under the mask of beauty, there is a heart perhaps more evil as Bruclir's. But she's so pretty...

the shipmasters...
He is the paymaster of the Pearl...damn. Some say he would kill his mother to get only one golden ring more...probably he has done it! But he is not only the paymaster, who sits underdeck and counts Bruclirs riches, he's also a deadly duelist...Who do you know cut of half of my damned ear?

the murder...
Don't ask me about the damn Assasine...some say he is the only crewmember of the Pearl, who often is at land...he could sit over there in the shadow and we won't notice it until his daggers stick in our eyes...Don't talk about him, I assume even death fears him.

What's about the core of the crew?

"Sailors with boarding pikes....

The most sailors are armed with long boarding pikes with razorsharp blades and fleshhooks, to tear apart the enemy crew. They are glad in seagreen emailed armoury and fear only Bruclir. If you see the hatred in their eyes, when they cut your throat with their daggers, you really know what hell is.

The marksmen...
Some sailors are armed with crossbows built by Druchii artisans and clean of the deck of the enemy ship by a deadly hail of arrows. Some say, they can hit the eye of a shark, what swims in a distance of half a mile to the Pearl. I believe it!"[hr]

We heard, there are a elite- units in the crew.

" Yes...the Brotherhood!

The Brotherhood are the crew-members, who survived the struggle more than 50 years and after fullfiling some cruel and bloody tasks, they become member of the Brotherhood. They fight with crossbows and large swords, protected by the hide of the seadragons. They are the deadliest sailors of the Pearl and only the officers are as swift with the blade as the Brotherhood."

Are there other dangerous things on the Pearl?

"The spearthrowers...

The artillery of the Perl are the spearthrowers, what can shoot a hail of razorsharp darts or magic missiles, who burn enemy ships with dragonfire. As dangerous as a cannon, but much more evil!

The harpies...

The crew is followed by a swarm of unearthly beautiful beasts, who are the scouts of Bruclir. They are the first to see the enemy vessels and the first to bring terror to the victims of the Pearl. I never forget their screams...

The Beast

Some say, the Pearl is followed by a giant seadragon, who is magically bound to the orders of Bruclir. I never saw it, maybe this is the cause I survived, but it must be tall as a merchant's ship and old as the mountains..."

Hope you enjoyed reading the story and like the idea of my themed army. Please post a comment!
Last edited by Tribun on Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:17 am, edited 5 times in total.
Lord tsunami
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Lord tsunami »

looks like more blood than shadow to me :D

some very cool stuff in there. i like dark/high elf hybrids.
Assani
Highborn

Post by Assani »

Like ur models, esp the corsair ;)

Khitai - Khanite - Group 38
WS5 - S3 - T2 - D5 - I3
Skills: Ambidexterity, Two Weapon Fighting
Equipment: 2xfine scimitars, dagger
Inventory: Gold 30, Crowns 40, 1 Red ruby
Saori_nightstar
Black Guard

Post by Saori_nightstar »

WOW What a blood bath! The Corsair is amazing, im loving the bases!!! :D
Assassins creed rocks! what a game! - love how you intergrated it into your army :)
Image Image Image
Lil' Waaagh Army | DRUCHII PLOG

'I may have the week and feeble body of a woman, I but I can assure you, I have the heart and stomach of a King!' - Elizabeth I
Tribun
Shade

Post by Tribun »

Thank you all!
Tribun
Shade

Post by Tribun »

Corsairs:

http://www.coolminiornot.com/301723

Arrrrgh!

Witches:

Lord tsunami
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Lord tsunami »

lovely strong colors, though there is a bit more blood than i prefer. i totally get what "feel" you are going for though and its very well done :)
Tribun
Shade

Post by Tribun »

Thank you sir.

What Feeling do you mean ?;)

Blood is the fuel of druchii Society. :)
Grimma
Executioner

Post by Grimma »

Really nice work. A very unique and effective colour scheme - one of the most interesting i've seen for quite some time. Well done.
UNSEEN LERKER MAGAZINE - It'll make you happier than a Corsair in a Bretonnian orphanage.
Ilmaestro
Executioner

Post by Ilmaestro »

I quite like all the blood on the models, it's something a little different. But I don't quite like the red faces on the witch elves - care to explain the thought process behind them?

Otherwise they're all really good minis, I'm really enjoying this log!
Phierlihy
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Phierlihy »

The Good
I've never met a Corsair I didn't like but these ones look great! The armour looks good and the highlighting is solid. The army has a fighting/bloody theme which is a nice change, And the skin tones, which are often difficult to do, are better than most. I also give a nod for using some unusual models/simple conversions. Lastly this is a good example of where simple is better - the bases don't have to have piles of stuff on them to tell a story and these tell a very bloody story.

The Bad
While I see the theme of the army, I don't completely understand it. The swords are made of a different material than the armour and some of the weapons have green *stuff* on them. And the blood, while done fairly well, is inconsistent and so over-done on some models that it ruins them. One Corsair looks like he's next to lava instead of blood for some reason.

Once this army hits the table I think it will have a somewhat cohesive feel to it. The attention to detail will help overshadow some of the errors but still have that Druchii-feel we all love. While I personally dislike some of the modeling choices, it's a table-top quality army ready to go take back Ulthuan with!
Proud supporter of druchii.net
phierlihy@druchii.net
Tribun
Shade

Post by Tribun »

thx@all!

@red faces of the witches:

was inspired by ancient roman cults- some religions had their priest paint their faces red.

@lavabase:

wiill be redone to the blood-base-theme

@green swords:

poisoned attacks anyone?
Tyrannus deathbringer
Noble

Post by Tyrannus deathbringer »

An unusual theme pulled off well IMO.

I actually like the "lava" bases too :D

As has been mentioned, should make for a tabletop presence of brooding menace...
"All who surrender will be enslaved; whoever does not surrender but opposes with struggle and dissension, shall be annihilated."
Tribun
Shade

Post by Tribun »

Highborn:

Good, old times....

http://www.coolminiornot.com/302427

Tribun
Shade

Re: Sail with the Black Pearl...again!

Post by Tribun »

Hey Ladies and Gentleman...and worthless slaves, what are watching, instead of working :badh: !

A new AB has come and my Corsairs are back...

portside old one, steerside new one.

---

So stay tuned for more Dark Corsairs, halfnaked bi... witches, dinosaurs and Ninjas and....

...and more to come!
Tribun
Shade

Re: [PLOG] Sail with the Black Pearl...again!

Post by Tribun »

Assassine and Beastmaster with "chainsword" ;)

Beastmaster is from a Darkeldar Hagashin.
xFallenx
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by xFallenx »

Great work so far. Those bases are pretty interesting, what's the story? Can't wait to see the army as a whole.
Oct 2013-Current: 3-2-0
Tribun
Shade

Post by Tribun »

Thanks, but this will rather become a warband than an army.

the story behind the bases is: blood for Khaine, let me walk on blood soaked earth ! ;)