Sevekai's PLOG

Discover the age-old techniques of painting...

Moderators: Layne, xFallenx, cultofkhaine

Forum rules
Remember that picture file size should be no larger than 256KB.
For the full Painting and Modelling rules, visit [url]http://www.druchii.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=27440[/url]
Sevekai
Slave (off the Altar)

Sevekai's PLOG

Post by Sevekai »

So...this is a first for me. I am working on my army for Coastal Carnage and figured I would post some pix. Unfortunately, the lighting stinks for some of these shots (with iPhone). I'll post one to start, a preview of my DragonLord. Then figure out how to get better pix and post more. Please feel free to critique.

T.D.
Killed by Khorne
Killed by Khorne
Location: Hinterlands of Khuresh; The Lost City of the Angels

Re: Sevekai's PLOG

Post by T.D. »

Attention duly grabbed.

More please :)
OldHammer Advanced Ruleset
- Adding Tactical Depth to Your Favourite Tabletop Wargame
Ampao
Assassin

Post by Ampao »

T.D. duly seconded.
Sevekai
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Sevekai »

Thank you sir. Here are some more poorly lit photos. Will have to do until I get a better solution.

DragonLord

Warlocks, I am going for funky hair colors on my Warlocks, Witches and Sorceress.

Witch, not my best one but the color scheme is about right.

Dark Riders

I am not sure if it is because I got them as Christmas presents or what, but the color scheme is quite festive. :D Maybe Santa's Elves were actually Druchii?
T.D.
Killed by Khorne
Killed by Khorne
Location: Hinterlands of Khuresh; The Lost City of the Angels

Post by T.D. »

I really like the deep Green on the Dragon. Deep colours suit Druchii Dragons IMO and you look to have a very impressive centrepiece there 8)

I also like your claret colour scheme. I'm intrigued as to how all the blue hair on the witches looks on the tabletop though :)
OldHammer Advanced Ruleset
- Adding Tactical Depth to Your Favourite Tabletop Wargame
Sevekai
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Sevekai »

I have 10 witches so far. They look all right. If it gets to be a bit much I may sprinkle in some Pinks and Purples. The biggest problem with the Witches is trying to rank them up. I love the poses, but man they are a pain in the butt.
Scythe
Death Night Survivor

Post by Scythe »

Love the green hair on the warlocks! I was also thinking of going for a fairly bold colour fort that, to emphasize their "arcane" nature. Whether that will end up being green... not sure. Blue would be more fitting with my colour scheme, but might not be different enough. Very helpful to see an example!

The dragon is awesome. I haven't seen too many "Black Dragons" painted green, but having seen yours I think it works great!
xFallenx
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by xFallenx »

As opposed to T.D. I'm not a fan of the green on the dragon, but you really did a bang up job on his face. The dragon's eye looks absolutely stunning. Great work!
Oct 2013-Current: 3-2-0
Sevekai
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Sevekai »

Thanks xFallenx. I have been absent for a while playing around with some other armies but back to my first serious army. Our friendly neighborhood Dark Elves or End Times Khaine or whatever we end up calling the 9th edition version.

One thing I have noted going back to play with these guys, my painting has improved dramatically over the past year and I am feeling the need to redo/touch up a bunch of models.

I am getting ready for another tournament where my Druchii will be making an appearance. I have a month to get

Mounted Lord
Mounted Lord on Peg
Mounted Master on Peg
Another Mounted Supreme Sorceress
13 Dark Shards
12 Corsairs
10 Sisters of Slaughter

YIKES, I better get moving! :shock:
Amboadine
Miscast into the Warp
Miscast into the Warp

Post by Amboadine »

Nice update. Some good looking models in there.