[PLOG] Lord Drakon of Har Ganeth (Converted Reapers + Slave)

Discover the age-old techniques of painting...

Moderators: Layne, xFallenx, cultofkhaine

Forum rules
Remember that picture file size should be no larger than 256KB.
For the full Painting and Modelling rules, visit [url]http://www.druchii.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=27440[/url]
Lord Drakon
Malekith's Best Friend

[PLOG] Lord Drakon of Har Ganeth (Converted Reapers + Slave)

Post by Lord Drakon »

Storyline:

After many years of loyal service for Malekith, Lord Drakon total family has been captured by corsairs and black guards of Naggaroth because of their old Nagarythe traditions and influence in the kult of Khaine. He was at that time city commander of Har Ganeth, with the supervision of its executioners. After an attempt of murder by assassins of Malekith himself he fled to the Blackspain mountains and lived there with the betrayed shades of Clar Karond. There he tamed his Manticore, and later his dragon. When his reputation grew more shades united under his leadership and returned to Har Ganeth. He was welcomed and accepted by Hellebron, and she finally saw a hero to revolt against Morathi. With Hellebron as Hag Queen and leader of the kult of Khaine they revolted against the greedy, wealth focused other cities of Naggaroth and started an civil war with Har Ganeth as its new capital. While the forces of Malekith are mustering, Lord Drakon's force grew with the loyalty of the Shades, Executioners, Witch elves and many Nagarythe scout veterans (dark riders). After years of loyal service but little rewards, they now followed a true god instead of an elf, they now follow the god of murder; Khaine

My army will be focused around two aspects; khainite and traditional or betrayed unites
- Shades
- Dark riders
- Executioners
- Witch elves
- Cauldron of Blood
- Assassins

Backed up by
- Spearman
- Crossbowmen
- Reapers

Not allowed
- Black guard
- Corsairs

Lord Drakon himself

Sorceress

Before

After

Beginning of Cauldron of Blood

Cauldron of Blood Blessings:

5+ Ward save

Killing Blow

Images exceed recommended file size limit have converted them to links - please read your PM
Cultofkhaine P&M Mod
Last edited by Lord Drakon on Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:11 am, edited 8 times in total.
xFallenx
Malekith's Best Friend

Re: Lord Drakons khainites of Har Ganeth (PLOG)

Post by xFallenx »

Some great idea's for the Cauldron tokens. What are you going to do for the extra attack? (Maybe a model with extra arms?)
Oct 2013-Current: 3-2-0
Lord Drakon
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Lord Drakon »

Xfallenx wrote:Some great idea's for the Cauldron tokens. What are you going to do for the extra attack? (Maybe a model with extra arms?)

I still don't really know how to represent extra attack, it have to represented in an dark elfish model. I decided to go for a lot of extra equipment, and used this old model, but not that satisfied as the other two.

http://i43.tinypic.com/2mmakww.jpg
T.D.
Killed by Khorne
Killed by Khorne
Location: Hinterlands of Khuresh; The Lost City of the Angels

Post by T.D. »

Wow. Lord Drakon is quite awesome :D

Your fluff story is unusual, yet very dynamic and filled with possibilities.

Some great stuff so far.

My only 'critical' comment (I hope constructive) would be to remove the rune of Slaanesh from Lord Drakon's plate armour, and replace it with a symbol of Khaine.
OldHammer Advanced Ruleset
- Adding Tactical Depth to Your Favourite Tabletop Wargame
Lord Drakon
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Lord Drakon »

T.D. wrote:Wow. Lord Drakon is quite awesome :D

Your fluff story is unusual, yet very dynamic and filled with possibilities.

Some great stuff so far.

My only 'critical' comment (I hope constructive) would be to remove the rune of Slaanesh from Lord Drakon's plate armour, and replace it with a symbol of Khaine.

Good idea, I will look into that!

Most models are painted years ago, so refreshings views are welcomed. My army colour will not be that unusual (red - metal) for infantry, which will fit in the Khainite theme as the colour of blood / murder. Most creatures and steeds are somewhat different than I see in other PLOG's, but again, your critics are welcome!

Standard bearer for spearman

Dark Elf scenery

Lord Drakon also loves to ride into battle on his Manticore
Very simple colour scheme with drybrushing, but I liked it, suggestions?

Dark rider
Will be repainted as the years damages a lot of models / paint. As my dark riders seems to attract a lot of shooting all models will be under fire (a lot of arrows on the bases). I liked the gold and black for the riders as they are veteran scouts. Horses will also stay, they have some anger in them, tips for the colours?

Before

After

Shades (experiment)
As shades will play an important role in my army they have to become an eyecatcher. It will be an combination of the normal GW shades and these. Still no idea what to do when painting. For now, tips for further convertion?

After painting

Crossbow(women)
My Dark Elf females are better in shooting than fighting, so that is represented in the different heads, and tried to give the crossbowmen the boobs. Each crossbow unit will be led by a sergeant, that sort of screams: FIRE! and lower his arm. Again very simple colour scheme and tips are welcome.
Last edited by Lord Drakon on Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
T.D.
Killed by Khorne
Killed by Khorne

Post by T.D. »

That's one badass Druchii tower!!! :shock:
Dyvim tvar
Lord of the Dragon Caves
Lord of the Dragon Caves

Post by Dyvim tvar »

You have some cool stuff ... But get rid of the Disney horses! The Wood Elf horses are so much better.
Truly These are the End Times ...
xFallenx
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by xFallenx »

Lord Drakon wrote:
Xfallenx wrote:Some great idea's for the Cauldron tokens. What are you going to do for the extra attack? (Maybe a model with extra arms?)

I still don't really know how to represent extra attack, it have to represented in an dark elfish model. I decided to go for a lot of extra equipment, and used this old model, but not that satisfied as the other two.

For mine I was planning a spear/halberd rack for extra attack, the 5+ as a suit of armour on a rack & an executioner’s stump for killing blow.
Oct 2013-Current: 3-2-0
cultofkhaine
Chief Cultist
Chief Cultist

Post by cultofkhaine »

I like your idea for the cauldron tokens.

And Lord Drakon rocks! Where did you get the mini rider from, I have not seen it before.
Jarvax
Aspiring Brush Master

Post by Jarvax »

If I'm not mistaken Lord Drakon is the Lord of Slaanesh mini.
http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catal ... rod1050024
Lord Drakon
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Lord Drakon »

After reading a lot of other PLOG's i'm ready to start painting and work at my own. The last time I painted was about 3 years ago, so most models have to be repainted.

My fluff story is about the old Har Ganeth commander, Lord Drakon. When his family became too popular because their influence in the cult of Khaine, Malekith gave orders to destroy them. Although Malekiths personal guard and some greedy corsairs succeeded in killing the rest of Lord Drakon's family, he survived his assassination and escaped to the blackspine mountains. He lived between other outcasts (shades, black riders) for years and formed an army against Malekith. When they decided to die honorable on the icy battlefields of Naggaroth events turn unexpected. The sacred communities of the Executioners who became sick of the undisciplined and yelling other druchii convinced Hellebron to support this rebel army and join their struggle against Malekith.

My army will have three sections
Red is the personal colour of Lord Drakon, so appears throughout the army.

1. The outcasts, silent but deadly people. They are experts in survival, and a lot of them are heroes from Nagarythe, loyal to Aenarion and his son but betrayed by Malekith in his game of power. They are well camouflaged and best oriented in the harsh climate of Naggaroth, they act as scouts and fast cavarly. My Dark Riders and Shades main colour theme will be white, grey, silver and black.

2. Soldiers of Har Ganeth, these are the basic soldiers, recruited in the only free city of the Dark Elves, and fight in the struggle against the decacent and greedy other Druchii. Warriors, crossbowmen, cold one knights, chariots, reaper bolt throwers, all join the armies of Lord Drakon. As the three different sections are different, but together have to look like one army the colours used for these soldiers are between the outcasts (white) and the khainites (gold) are silver.

3. Khainite, those are the bad ass killers and they know it. They are the centerpiece of the army (and most of the times in the center on the battlefield). They really stand out with a black / gold colour scheme.

@ mods, I tried to make the images smaller, but I have no clue what to do with the links in the rules-topic.

I highlighted the sorceress abit
http://i42.tinypic.com/kd5oib.jpg

The first test models for my outcast units:

1 old Dark Rider, new one + 2 shades, one converted

My painting skills are not that good, but hope it's good enough!

@Lord Drakon your images have been converted to links. If you do not know how to resize your images please post links to them. Posting images 3mb in size is not acceptable. There are many options available for resizing images as stipulated in the P&M Rules thread http://www.druchii.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=27440 under point 3.
Cultofkhaine Moderator P&M
Last edited by Lord Drakon on Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:45 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Ilmaestro
Executioner

Post by Ilmaestro »

Love Lord Drakon - fantastic model, and really well painted!! It actually reminds me a lot of a Spartan warrior, with the reds and muted armour tones, just darker! :D

I have to second Dyvin tvar's comments about getting rid of the dark rider horses, but I understand that you might as well paint what you've got! Really liking the kitbash as well, the addition of the GG legs and head really makes it look sinister. Keep up the good work, and get around to some more fluff!! :D
Lord Drakon
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Lord Drakon »

After a long holiday and some fun, I returned to my study again so Lord Drakon will wake once more.
I bought 20 more executioners online (60 euro's) plus some deamonettes, bolt throwers, shades and eternal guard for further conversions.

My Executioner horde will be the centre of my army, now 50 models, and still thinking about the colour scheme (till now it is black, gold, red). The idea is still the same, the units of shades and dark riders are all in white (see above) as camouflaged fast tactic shooting squads and are at the far flanks in most times, the spearman, crossbowman and reaper bolt throwers surrounding the executioners for support are more like Lord Drakon himself (dark silver, red) and in the centre the supreme masterpiece and eye-drawer; the Executioners of Har Ganeth.

Finally a good picture of my sorceress (finished)
Lord Drakon
Malekith's Best Friend

Re: [PLOG] Lord Drakon of Har Ganeth

Post by Lord Drakon »

As my PLOG is still not very productive in the way of producing units, but more experimenting with colours etc. I hope to get some feedback about my idea for the stars of the army, the executioners.

For the Raging Heroes competition I painted this converted 5 + ward save of COB (in the future possible just a exe champion) and although I liked the conversion, the painting was not so good.

The idea was that this model will always support my main Executioner unit (5 ++) in battle

So I started comparing different executioner schemes. The one in the middle is the newest as I got inspiration out of other PLOG's for my Executioners, but my gold paint dried up.

Inspirations from Druchii.net, so from the real experts!

As you can see they all are based on black, with highlights from gold / yellow, I did not see any executioner unit in this style, so I hope my will be unique and different than the other who are more painted like my first 2 versions.

What are your thoughts about this?

Although I already posted these new paint job, just for fun how they look like against other armies. Still have to do all the basing, so also thinking about best colours etc.

And an empire hero from a while ago
Lord Drakon
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Lord Drakon »

With the new release I started to build my converted COB, here are the first pictures as I really hope to receive C & C so I can improve and change it before I start painting. The plan is that it's gonna be my COB + BSB DH

I bought a naked pole danser from the UK and converted the pole to a standard to hold the standard while she is bathing inside the blood.

WIP COB

Converted Poledanser

Close up of the pretty lady

Jarvax
Aspiring Brush Master

Post by Jarvax »

This is a very good idea even though I like the new CoB as is. I saw the poledancer mini some years ago and I thought I'll get that mini for a converted CoB. I would have her holding a spear but your idea is even better! I might have to steal it from you. My only criticism is that having her inside the cauldron should mean that she is at least to the waist in blood. She's not and it would be a pity to have that beautiful mini cut in half, so I'd put her outside the cauldron. And the spikes on the cauldron fit awesomely. Show us more pictures as you're progressing on the CoB.
Lord Drakon
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Lord Drakon »

Remember me? I guess not as it is already a long time ago that I updated my plog. But Lord Drakon is back with some new stuff!

To start; a little fluff story what happened in Har Ganeth

Shadowblade, loyal servant to Hellebron and therefore supporter of the rebellion against Malekith started by Lord Drakon found out that the cold one knights of Har Ganeth were corrupted. With the promise of control over the city after a assassination of Lord Drakon and his executioners they were planning to pledge a coup. Tullaris and his elite corps reacted direct and started to execute all knights, only to be stopped by Lord Drakon himself. As he respected the fighting skill and royalty earned in the time of Aenarion, he showed mercy. Honour demanded that they all had to die, but he gave them a choice. Die under the blade of the executioners, or die in the battlefield to regain their honour and save the lives of their families. Most knights chose the latter and swore loyalty to the city of Har Ganeth and Lord Drakon himself. Thus a new band of brothers were founded, they called theirselves: the brothers of slaughter.

After the loss of the knights in Har Ganeth, Lord Drakon chose his most loyal executioners to replace the respected cold ones and form his personal guard. Instead of lance they wielded their draich, able to deal a killing blow atop their monstrous cavalry.

My Har Ganeth army has grown to 60 executioners and now 10 executioners on cold ones. Combined with the still WIP Cauldron of Blood an impressive sight if I may say

Only painted model of last months, but I really like it !

Bought myself a Hydra

Changed the Medusa into a sexy lady

Experimented a little with mounted black guard, but not that satisfied and Black Guard are a no go in the army because of fluff

And finally, as Lord Drakon found out that he wont be able to use his dragon that much, we captured a Pegagus (which still need wings)

Amboadine
Miscast into the Warp
Miscast into the Warp

Post by Amboadine »

Some very nice conversions in there, and the sorceress is painted very nicely.
Good work all round and thanks for reappearing to give an update on progress.
Gerner
Noble

Post by Gerner »

Wauw! All very lovely!
Must be hard work with all that metal. :)

Rule wise I'm always annoyed that you can't equip your knights, executioners and whatever with what you would like. It would bring more diversity to the game and rules. :)
T.D.
Killed by Khorne
Killed by Khorne

Post by T.D. »

So much cool stuff :o

Why Battle Cow's though? :sick:
Lord Drakon
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Lord Drakon »

T.D. wrote:So much cool stuff :o

Why Battle Cow's though? :sick:

Without further conversion the old cold one knight legs does not fit on the new cold ons (of which I have 9) it seems, but I agree that they we be even better on those, so maybe cut off the sadles ! But what to do with the 20 left over battle cows !

Thanks for comments all ! I'm really only missing the warlocks in my army at the moment, but my goal is to paint my conversions first for I start with new ones.
T.D.
Killed by Khorne
Killed by Khorne

Post by T.D. »

Lord Drakon wrote:but I agree that they we be even better on those, so maybe cut off the sadles !

I've managed to squeeze the old Malus character and Malekith on to the new Cold Ones. Are you sure it cant be done?

Lord Drakon wrote: But what to do with the 20 left over battle cows !

Ritually melt them down !lol!

..or flog on ebay for $ :P

You've got loads of good elements here. I particularly dig the Foot Knights :)
Phierlihy
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Phierlihy »

Lots of interesting elements and the paint job on the Sorceress is quite good. The 'battle cows' don't work for me (simply because I know you can't fight with a two-handed sword like that while mounted and not end up face first in the mud after your first swing!) but there's some good potential in a some of those.
Proud supporter of druchii.net
phierlihy@druchii.net
anthalont
Shade

Post by anthalont »

Some cool stuff here!

I like your paintwork on that Sorceress much. I wonder what'd you use for her base; Is it one of those bases that comes with new plastic characters?
Lord Drakon
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Lord Drakon »

@ Phierlihy, I checked to other warhammer units and found the Bretonnian questing knights also wielding great swords with two weapons

@ Anthalont, I made it with some bits (skeleton head) and different parts of terrain materials, maybe I can make a tutorial next time. I bought, modelled and painted her around january without any context of the rest of the army after a picture I saw online.

@ T.D. , As I am a diehard 6th edition fan (that army book was by far the best fluff wise) I think I will place my ( 7 ) reaper bolt throwers on platforms pulled by the old cold ones. Also some ideas for a slave and stolen riches train pulled by 2 cold ones each.

Remeber the army of the North ? I'll have to admit that I still think thats how a shock unit should be.

Not this, too slender, too thin etc. :