Severian`s Bunch of Misfits

Discover the age-old techniques of painting...

Moderators: Layne, xFallenx, cultofkhaine

Forum rules
Remember that picture file size should be no larger than 256KB.
For the full Painting and Modelling rules, visit [url]http://www.druchii.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=27440[/url]
Amboadine
Miscast into the Warp
Miscast into the Warp

Re: Severian`s Bunch of Misfits

Post by Amboadine »

Nicely done Dwarfs.
anthalont
Shade

Post by anthalont »

I have checked over a few times all the great work you have put on this blog, such exceptional painting skills!
I want to paint lines like you :)
Rakariel
Shade

Post by Rakariel »

Howdy Folks!

Thanks for all the praise :D

It has been quite some time since I last posted.... damn work! Nevertheless I did alot of painting because painting was, is and will always be my favourite hobby! I thought about posting a picture every week but then decided what the hell I post the whole Dwarf range I have painted so far in one go. The big Beer Barrel is something I always wanted to do. Its actually a pretty big unit filler. Hope you like it!

P.S. Next time I have something big, blue and reptilian for you and also something less big (but still formidable), green and disgusting, stay tuned :)

cultofkhaine
Chief Cultist
Chief Cultist

Post by cultofkhaine »

Love it - those unit fillers they look awesome!!!

Great job with the painting as well. There are plenty of quirky details throughout that really bring the army to life.

Well done thanks for posting.
Amboadine
Miscast into the Warp
Miscast into the Warp

Post by Amboadine »

Those are great shots. Love the barrel.
Rakariel
Shade

Post by Rakariel »

Thanks alot guys :D

I always try to make some Unit fillers or put something on the bases with the models. Not too much so I don`t overdo it but I feel that a little bit always creates a nice atmosphere.
Diobarach
Black Guard

Post by Diobarach »

Looks amazing, so much detail. Great work!
cultofkhaine
Chief Cultist
Chief Cultist

Post by cultofkhaine »

An army wide shot would be nice to look at as well - have you thought about doing a display board for them?
Rakariel
Shade

Post by Rakariel »

Actually yes, I have been thinking for quite some time now to do army wide shots of all the things I have done. Problem is, at the moment I just don`t have the space to stow such big boards (next year I will tho ;)). I already try to build units with a board in mind however, thats why the Dwarf Rangers have part of a mountain range at their backs so it can be incorporated into a much bigger mountain side later on.

The board, or should I say boards, I am thinking about should not only cover one army but a whole landscape. Imagine a big mountain range with a Dwarf Hold entrance in the upper right and woods in the middle and to the south (with Beastmen/Orc tribes, some WE and a very peculiar dwarfen brewery in there ;)). Or a desert board with half burried, ancient cities and a black pyramid, the icy wastes of Naggaroth with a big underground cave entrance where arks are anchored, or a human city which borders a Vampire Counts domain. The list goes on, the ideas are limitless. Sadly my time is not.

I`ll get there....someday :D
Rakariel
Shade

Post by Rakariel »

Howdy Folks!

I thought I`ll post one more model I have finished recently to end the year with a small bang ;) It took me quite some time to finish it as the model itself is pretty big and has lots of detail. I also wanted to create a fitting base to do the model justice. This is actually the biggest base GW provides, just to give you a sense of scale, how big the model really is.

I went with the classic blue color scheme because I think it gives a nice contrast to all the gold and green the various other sources provide. Additionally I put in two Skinks, some jungle wildlife and an ancient Lizardmen structure.

Hope you like it and Happy New Year! :D

Diobarach
Black Guard

Post by Diobarach »

I love it, amazing stuff and the base is as incredible as the main model itself.
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

Wondering which prize that model will win or maybe has already won.
Kudos!
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Amboadine
Miscast into the Warp
Miscast into the Warp

Post by Amboadine »

Great looking model. Nice work.
Errdrigar
Highborn

Post by Errdrigar »

I love models of big monsters. And this one is truely exceptional. Great job ! :D
Malys the younger
Beastmaster

Post by Malys the younger »

Awesome job! The base is amazing!

The Grim Host of Malys the Younger: http://druchii.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=75760

Overall W/D/L: 5/0/3
vs Empire: 1/0/0
vs Wood Elves: 2/0/2
vs Beastmen: 2/0/0
vs Vampire Counts: 0/0/1
Ramza1987
Warrior

Post by Ramza1987 »

I will just say that thanks to you im going to start the new year with a lot of envy and jealousy of your painting skills.
Dude i was seriously amazed of how good/awesome/incredible your conversions and paintings are, really good work.
As a person that started then quickly stopped, and now is trying to come back things like these are good things to aim for.
Killing is no fun, for me.
A dead person, feels no pain, no suffering.
Death is my gift, to enemies worth of my sword.
The rest will know the true definition of agony.
And i will make damn sure they live long enough to learn it.
Rakariel
Shade

Post by Rakariel »

Thanks for all the kind words, they mean alot to me :D

@Darkassailant
Just don`t give up, its all a matter of time and practice. Am not gonna post my efforts when I started the hobby some 15 years ago because they look, well you get my drift ;) Nevertheless, always be proud of what you can do at the moment, everything looks fantastic when you put your heart and soul into it. There is always room to improve, hell if I look at some of the stuff floating around on the internet I`m getting very jealous myself. Am looking forward to seeing some of your work! :D