DRUCHII.NET SECRET SANTA

Discover the age-old techniques of painting...

Moderators: Layne, xFallenx, cultofkhaine

Forum rules
Remember that picture file size should be no larger than 256KB.
For the full Painting and Modelling rules, visit [url]http://www.druchii.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=27440[/url]
Holt
Malekith's Best Friend

Re: DRUCHII.NET SECRET SANTA

Post by Holt »

CitizenKhaine wrote:To beat the Xmas rush, I posted off the model to my secret santa recipient today. It has to make it to other side of the world before the riffraff start clogging the postways with mindless non Warhammer gifts. :?

Guess that means no stripper Harpies for me :P I have just finished painting my model today so I'll be copying you CitizenKhaine and sending it off early. Hopefully the recipient likes NZ lollies ;)

Looking forward to been able to post a couple of photos once everyone gets their models.
Want some tips on controlling those frenzied units? http://www.druchii.net/viewtopic.php?t=71791&highlight=
CitizenKhaine
Beastmaster

Post by CitizenKhaine »

Devils reject wrote:Guess that means no stripper Harpies for me :P .

You never know Devil, I could have been deliberately misleading you, that would be the Druchii thing to do 8)
Or I could be trying to double blind you by saying I am misleading you.... :twisted:
You're one microscopic cog in his catastrophic plan - Designed and directed by his red right hand - Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds (channeling Khaine)

Visit the Citizens of Khaine http://www.druchii.net/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=75270
Lion of flanders
Brush Master

Post by Lion of flanders »

OK, here's Zorah after some work tonight...pretty much just metals, itty bits and tidy up from here...

That's silly! Playin with little statues, pretendin' they're fightin'! Why not just round up a bunch of real goblins and lettem' whack it out?
Lion of flanders
Brush Master

CitizenKhaine wrote:Hi Lion, as a Xmas present to us all...tell us how you get that skin tone!

I used Reaper Pale Flesh. Their colors come in three tones, base tone, shade and highlight. I used layers of each wiht GW flesh wash in between..principally after the first color.

Other than the skin tone, I have stuck fairly close to my Soulcrusher color scheme (base will be different to match my recipient's bases). I think I'll avoid giving away who I have in this way....and I imagine its rather like Zorah was an exchange student with the Soulcrusher girls and she got to keep her outfit when she went home.
That's silly! Playin with little statues, pretendin' they're fightin'! Why not just round up a bunch of real goblins and lettem' whack it out?
cultofkhaine
Chief Cultist
Chief Cultist

Post by cultofkhaine »

Looking Good Lion! Would love to see it from some other angles! Wish you were painting for me :D
Kreol
Brush Master

Post by Kreol »

Great work :) i can't wait to see what I will get :3 Today I will probably finish first part of my present, so I will put some photos :)
So GooD To Be EviL!!
Rowena
Highborn

Post by Rowena »

New base for the turncounter, mch simpler but hopefully it will work:
Now I just need to put the numbers and some decoration on it.

the model that will sit on top is assembled, but I'm afraid that showing it would give too much away, so this is it for now. ;)
My painting blog

Even without Games Workshop, we will endure. Armies of the Unsupported Age, the models are out there.
direweasel
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by direweasel »

Neat concept Rowena! Whoever wins this had better be putting up finished pictures, I'm very intrigued about the finished product! :)
Chinese Relativity Axiom: No matter how glorious your triumphs, nor how miserable your failures, there will always be at least one billion people in China who don't give a damn.

Apocalypse Drow! Plog: http://druchii.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=75360
T.D.
Killed by Khorne
Killed by Khorne
Location: Hinterlands of Khuresh; The Lost City of the Angels

Post by T.D. »

Lion of flanders wrote:Image

Exceptional!
OldHammer Advanced Ruleset
- Adding Tactical Depth to Your Favourite Tabletop Wargame
CitizenKhaine
Beastmaster

Post by CitizenKhaine »

Thanks for the skin tone information Lion :) She looks stunning!
Rowena could start a turn counter revolution with that idea, can't wait to see it finished
You're one microscopic cog in his catastrophic plan - Designed and directed by his red right hand - Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds (channeling Khaine)

Holt
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Holt »

Mines just been sent away. A bit awkward having to put the cost of the contents of the package on the postal sticker... feel free to ignore that part when it arrives.
Want some tips on controlling those frenzied units? http://www.druchii.net/viewtopic.php?t=71791&highlight=
Kreol
Brush Master

Post by Kreol »

I have just received my personal super-hyper harpy stripper :D Thank You SantaKhaine :)
So GooD To Be EviL!!
CitizenKhaine
Beastmaster

Post by CitizenKhaine »

Hi Kreol
Glad you liked it :) It was a bit daunting to draw the name of a brush master for my gift recipient!
So here are the final picture before I sent the harpy pole dancer off to the other side of the world...
Last edited by CitizenKhaine on Sun Dec 07, 2014 4:58 pm, edited 3 times in total.

cultofkhaine
Chief Cultist
Chief Cultist

Post by cultofkhaine »

Nice job CitizenKhaine - that looks sweet!

How is everyone going? - today is postage day! Time to get those mini's in the mail and some pictures posted ready for Christmas.
direweasel

Post by direweasel »

I will have mine in the mail tomorrow. I was going to wrap it up yesterday but my basement flooded. My recipient should still have it by Christmas, and I will post pictures before I ship.
Chinese Relativity Axiom: No matter how glorious your triumphs, nor how miserable your failures, there will always be at least one billion people in China who don't give a damn.

Heartsbane
Executioner

Post by Heartsbane »

Why is it that when it comes to painting, however long I have to do something, I always come down to finishing up on the night of a deadline? Still, nothing like a little pressure to focus the mind....
direweasel

Post by direweasel »

Heartsbane wrote:Why is it that when it comes to painting, however long I have to do something, I always come down to finishing up on the night of a deadline? Still, nothing like a little pressure to focus the mind....

I feel ya brother. I had PLENTY of time, until I had a (thankfully minor) car wreck, a very hectic two weeks of work, my basement flooding, not once but TWICE, and now I'm right up against it. :?

Still, my basement is pretty dry now, finally, so it is time to put on some finishing touches and get my manticore out the door. Now, naturally, I'll need to find a new box, I had the one I was going to use was on the floor in the basement. :oops:

Heartsbane
Executioner

Post by Heartsbane »

direweasel wrote:I had PLENTY of time, until I had a (thankfully minor) car wreck, a very hectic two weeks of work, my basement flooding, not once but TWICE, and now I'm right up against it. :?

See those sound like really good reasons, all I have are excuses... Still, just the silver, varnishing and sticking a couple of extra bits to the base to do tonight and all finished.
Rowena
Highborn

Post by Rowena »

I was afraid I wouldn't make it but just a few touch-ups to do and I'm off to send the turncounter today. :)
My painting blog

Even without Games Workshop, we will endure. Armies of the Unsupported Age, the models are out there.
Payce
Executioner

Post by Payce »

And today, my package is on its merry way towards the promised land.
Helle
Executioner

Post by Helle »

My package is off on it's way to the other side of the world travelling around 18,000 km. Still should arive before Christmas!
Lion of flanders
Brush Master

OK so Zorah is packed up and on her way to parts unknown.....

Meanwhile, are we supposed to reveal when we receive our surprise package and who our mystery artist was?

This has been fun as expected thus far and I'm really looking forward to seeing what everyone did!
Rowena
Highborn

Post by Rowena »

Lion of flanders wrote:OK so Zorah is packed up and on her way to parts unknown.....

Meanwhile, are we supposed to reveal when we receive our surprise package and who our mystery artist was?

This has been fun as expected thus far and I'm really looking forward to seeing what everyone did!

I'm guessing so, together with a photo of the model. (Or do we post our own pictures after the mini is safely delivered? I would much prefer the first variant, because I have taken my photos just before posting the package and they will probably be extremely crappy, I haven¨t yet had the courage to look at them. :D and now of course it's too late to make new ones, as the package is already on its way)
My painting blog

direweasel

Post by direweasel »

That is my impression as well Lion. When you get your package, post a pic of it. That also has the added benefit of showing that the item (hopefully) wasn't damaged during shipment.

Mine is out, I took pics before I shipped it, I will put them up today unless something else goes wrong (it has been that kind of month for me). I am mostly happy with him, but the tail didn't come out quite as I imagined it, and I ran out of time to tinker with it. Other than that, it's some of my best work, not that that's saying that much.

cultofkhaine
Chief Cultist
Chief Cultist

Post by cultofkhaine »

Hi All post a picture of the model you receive - or if you can't wait to share it post them now - but don't give your identity away (just in case it's still in transit)