A thought on heavy cavalry...

Discover the age-old techniques of painting...

Moderators: Layne, xFallenx, cultofkhaine

Forum rules
Remember that picture file size should be no larger than 256KB.
For the full Painting and Modelling rules, visit [url]http://www.druchii.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=27440[/url]
Loppamannen
Corsair

Re: A thought on heavy cavalry (Update 12 jan 2015)...

Post by Loppamannen »

So.. The new year has arrived. And I actually managed to do something the holiday.

I continued to work on my heavy cav, and got some parts in the mail. Still missing some heads, so I went with some from the DR kit. I wanted to make the look to be about speed, so I wanted the hair to flow. I think it worked out well. I want this look for both the unit champion, musician and the banner.

Regarding the wolves, I still havent figured out who to place where. And there are an issue with one of the wolves since it has its back legs spread out quite far. I guess I need to do some cutting and greenstuffing. Hopefully it will turn out good enough. I also want the "leaders" to have a brownish wolf to stand out from the others. The core of the unit will most likely have grayish wolves. But I might put in a bit more white or even blue, since blue are one of my main colors in my army.

Here are some WIP's, hope you like them (I will post better images as soon as the model is complete):
Malys the younger
Beastmaster

Re: A thought on heavy cavalry...

Post by Malys the younger »

Thats pretty legit, well done!

The Grim Host of Malys the Younger: http://druchii.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=75760

Overall W/D/L: 5/0/3
vs Empire: 1/0/0
vs Wood Elves: 2/0/2
vs Beastmen: 2/0/0
vs Vampire Counts: 0/0/1
Amboadine
Miscast into the Warp
Miscast into the Warp

Post by Amboadine »

That is a might wolf :)
Rowena
Highborn

Post by Rowena »

Looking awesome and yes, the wolves are pretty huge. Will you be able to field them ranked up?
If you have a problem with legs, maybe you can try heating the plastic (in a pot of salt was the technique recommended to me from more people, but I haven't tried it myself) and bending them.
My painting blog

Even without Games Workshop, we will endure. Armies of the Unsupported Age, the models are out there.
Loppamannen
Corsair

Post by Loppamannen »

Rowena wrote:Looking awesome and yes, the wolves are pretty huge. Will you be able to field them ranked up?
If you have a problem with legs, maybe you can try heating the plastic (in a pot of salt was the technique recommended to me from more people, but I haven't tried it myself) and bending them.
That sounded interesting. I will try that. And yes, I belive I can make then rank up. The one you see image of will stay IN front rank with maybe two models of the same Kind (maybe three) ising the other once on the left or right side sine they streach out so much. The other once should be quite East to fit if I manager to fix the legs on one of the models. The WE legs worked out really dell I think. Makes it look more dynamic. So thanks for the feedbacks all! Hope to get more fred time to finish the front rank.
T.D.
Killed by Khorne
Killed by Khorne
Location: Hinterlands of Khuresh; The Lost City of the Angels

Post by T.D. »

Rider is a perfect fit. Love the paint job too.
OldHammer Advanced Ruleset
- Adding Tactical Depth to Your Favourite Tabletop Wargame
Loppamannen
Corsair

Post by Loppamannen »

Also started on the next two wolves for the unit champion and the musician. Needed to use some greenstuff to fill the gaps, and also to remove some droidish stuff on the models. I had a armor left over from the dragon. So Im going to use that for the champion to make him stand out a bit. Also added the chopped off head from the BG kit. I think it looked good. But Ill see what to do with it as soon as the shields arrive. Hopefully I will have them based tomorrow.

Here is the WIP:
Amboadine
Miscast into the Warp
Miscast into the Warp

Post by Amboadine »

Looking good so far.
Loppamannen
Corsair

Post by Loppamannen »

Here is the finished product:
T.D.
Killed by Khorne
Killed by Khorne
Location: Hinterlands of Khuresh; The Lost City of the Angels

Post by T.D. »

Epic!

Use the Mournfang rules for them :mrgreen:
OldHammer Advanced Ruleset
- Adding Tactical Depth to Your Favourite Tabletop Wargame
Amboadine
Miscast into the Warp
Miscast into the Warp

Post by Amboadine »

Very nice indeed.
Loppamannen
Corsair

Post by Loppamannen »

Thanks for the positive feedback. I have starter on the champions wolf an the rider as well. Hopefully it will turn out the way I want. As I poster earlier I want these three to stand out. So Im hoing for brownish for musician and banner, and whiteish for the champ.