Wings on a Mortarch?

Discover the age-old techniques of painting...

Moderators: Layne, xFallenx, cultofkhaine

Forum rules
Remember that picture file size should be no larger than 256KB.
For the full Painting and Modelling rules, visit [url]http://www.druchii.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=27440[/url]
Jolemai
Executioner

Wings on a Mortarch?

Post by Jolemai »

For a special project, I will be using the Mortach of Blood model as a base. However, I want this model to fly and thus, I need to find a suitable set of wings. Any ideas what would work on this model?
Amboadine
Miscast into the Warp
Miscast into the Warp

Re: Wings on a Mortarch?

Post by Amboadine »

Jolemai wrote:For a special project, I will be using the Mortach of Blood model as a base. However, I want this model to fly and thus, I need to find a suitable set of wings. Any ideas what would work on this model?

I think you will need to be looking at Dragon sized wings due to the size of the model. Anything smaller will look a little small.
Zombie dragon, dark elf dragon have a little more ragged look to them that may work.
Jolemai
Executioner

Post by Jolemai »

Aye, I figured. The plastic dragon wings from GW seems too small these days, as do the Balrog wings :/
faeli-n
Black Guard

Post by faeli-n »

Balrog wings would be big enough, thye're considerably bigger than the standard ones, but it'd look funny because they've got skin on.

Think Zombie dragon wings are the way forward.
Makiwara
Shade

Post by Makiwara »

I've been playing around with the idea of Morghast wings and etched brass for my Treekin Dragon
For us, there is no longer the druchii, the asur and the asrai; now there are only the Asdra; The Laughing Ones.

For us The Season of Doom is ended, now The Season of Opportunity is begun.