Dark Elf City Attributes, Heraldry and Colours

Discover the age-old techniques of painting...

Moderators: Layne, xFallenx, cultofkhaine

Forum rules
Remember that picture file size should be no larger than 256KB.
For the full Painting and Modelling rules, visit [url]http://www.druchii.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=27440[/url]
cultofkhaine
Chief Cultist
Chief Cultist

Dark Elf City Attributes, Heraldry and Colours

Post by cultofkhaine »

Hi all - I need some help to Identify this banner logo (Pictured below)

Does anyone know which Dark Elf city / Lord / faction / house it belongs to?

I have about 80 metal shields with the logo on and want to theme an army based on them.

I have looked everywhere but can not find a reference for it. Thanks

Siilar
Slave (off the Altar)

Re: Help identifying banner logo

Post by Siilar »

It's the logo for Clar Karond
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

The banner (same drawing, same colour, but no rune) was first seen in the previous AB (2008), p.74, showing a BSB without telling from which city.

Next page, there is a similar drawing (hand holding a moon) but different field colour (Navy blue with white rays diverging from moon), and a rune drawn twice - the rune is not the same than your banner. That drawing is said to be the banner of the army of Clar Karond.

The very same drawing as yours, same colours, but no rune is found on present AB, p.69, top of a pic of a Naggarond COC; it is not possible to guess if that shield illustrates Naggarond or if it is just another example.

Once more, the very same drawing, same colours, no rune, is found in End Times: Khaine tome 1 p.121, and it is described as "The Grand Ost of Naggarond".
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
cultofkhaine
Chief Cultist
Chief Cultist

Post by cultofkhaine »

Thanks guys - I got a whole pile of shields with this logo on some time ago... The host of Clar Karond it will be then.
cultofkhaine
Chief Cultist
Chief Cultist

Post by cultofkhaine »

I'm interested also in other house/city logos and colours.

Any idea what the other would be...

1. Skull Dragon - City, Colour?
2. Skull - City, Colour?
3. Dragon - City, Colour?
4. Malekith Head - City, Colour?
5. Wings of Darkness - City, Colour?
6. Iron Talon - Clar Karond, Colour?
7. Kraken - Lokhir Fellheart Tower of Blessed Dread, Colour?
Attachments
7 Kraken
7 Kraken
7.jpg (16.66 KiB) Viewed 16795 times
6 Iron Talon
6 Iron Talon
6.jpg (15.03 KiB) Viewed 16795 times
5 Wings of Darkness
5 Wings of Darkness
5.jpg (14.85 KiB) Viewed 16795 times
4 Malekith Head
4 Malekith Head
4.jpg (14.65 KiB) Viewed 16795 times
3 Dragon
3 Dragon
3.jpg (15.9 KiB) Viewed 16795 times
2 Skull
2 Skull
2.jpg (16.9 KiB) Viewed 16795 times
1 Skull Wings
1 Skull Wings
1.jpg (17.06 KiB) Viewed 16795 times
Siilar
Slave (off the Altar)

Re: Help identifying banner shield logos

Post by Siilar »

I can't give any more info on the other symbols, but I can give you a head start on Clar Karond research. I also wanted to theme my army around this city.

CLAR KAROND, THE TOWER OF DOOM

Ruler

The three strongest Black Ark Captains rule Clar Karond jointly. The positions of Dark Lord tend to change frequently, as the Captains are slain in battle or assassinated by rivals.

Symbol
The symbols of Clar Karond are trees or a Black Ark.

Agriculture
Clar Karond is the breadbasket of Naggaroth. It is the only city with a climate warm enough to grow crops. The soil around Clar Karond is rich
with minerals making it the perfect spot to harvest food. The fields are located to the east of the city, with the Sea of Malice to the north and the Black Forests to the south.

Clar Karond is also known for its excellent wines, which are renowned throughout the land. They are grown in orchards all around the Tower of Doom. There are two brands of wine:
Blood Wine and Winter Wine. Blood Wine is named because of its bloody red colour. It is the lesser of the two wines, that which is drunk by the common people of Naggaroth. Winter Wine is clear, and possesses and much better flavour. It is rarer and reserved for the rich and powerful nobles.

The Black Forest is the only large forest in the area and thus very important. The Witch-King’s armies and fleets require a lot of wood so slave gangs are constantly cutting down trees and dragging them to Clar Karond.

Dark Elf slaves are responsible for doing all of the above work. They are found in the fields, forests and docks of Clar Karond doing tasks deemed to menial and back breaking for Dark Elves to do.
The lives of these slave labourers are mercifully short, but in their times as slaves they get to know about Hell on earth.

Shipping
The Tower of Doom is Naggaroth’s ship building centre. All of Naggaroth’s ships are built here from the small Reaver ships to the massive stone and metal Black Arks. The building of a Black Ark is a very rare event, as rock and iron must be sent from Hag Graef in enormous quantities. Most of the time the sleek Reavers are built, as they are made of wood and much smaller. The Reavers are used mostly in inter city trade, although they are used occasionally in war to harry enemy ships and drive them towards the Black Arks.

City Layout
The Tower of Doom is surrounded by the Black Forest everywhere except to the Northeast where the Nightoak River leads to the Sea of Malice. Thus in the Northeast section of the city lies its docks and shipping industry. In the east part of the city are its markets, where food is bought and then sent to the other Dark Elf cities. In the centre of the city lies the three palaces of the Dark Lords, surrounded by the Corsairs living quarters and the small temple of Khaine. The south and west sections of the city are the living quarters of the common Dark Elves. The multitudes of slaves are mostly kept
in the streets, left to freeze in the bitter cold of the north.

Army
Clar Karond’s army is not a standard Dark Elf army, relying on its multitudes of Black Ark Corsairs and slaves in combat over regular Dark Elf Warriors. The Tower of Doom possesses almost no cavalry, instead using infantry as its main troops. With the nearby forest Clar Karond can field a lot of war machines and missile troops.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The dark elves live in six heavily fortified cities, their innumerable towers built from black stone, rising like sinister pinnacles into the dark storm clouds.
All of these cities are evil places, steeped in death and agony. Their lightless dungeons are crammed with captives whose wailings fill the air and whose
moans seep through the thick walls of the high towers, saturating the soul with pain and misery. From the tips of the high towers, above the flith and smog
of sacrificial fires, the sorceresses cast their malign magic over the world.
The surrounding landscape is bleak and forbidding. To the north the land is flat, broken only by jutting outcrops of rock and scoured by gales. Black ribbons
of rivers tainted by magic and blood criss-cross the ice fields, carving elaborate canyons and deep ravines. To the south the thin soil becomes slightly more
fertile, allowing sparse pine forests to grow. Here the dark elves have huge plantations to feed the cities, worked by slaves who labour until they drop dead,
their bodies left to decay and nourish the barren soil.

Clar Karond - The tower of doom.
In Clar Karond untold hordes of slaves labour upon the fleets of the Witch King. It is Clar Karond that serves as Malekith's principal shipyards
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

Sources:
2014 End Times 3 Khaine tome 1 (best source for heraldry)
2013 DE AB
2008 DE AB
2004 DE AB

1. Skull Wing- City, Colour?
2004 p.34;35;38 = white skull, red wing, black shield, no info
2004 p.35 = silver skull & wing, purple shield, no info
2008 p.77 = white skull, gold wing, black shield, no info

2. Skull - City, Colour?
2004 p.35 = white skull, dark green shield, no info
2014 p.61 = white skull, purple shield, no info else being RXBmen named Iron Skulls
2014 p.21;39 = white skull, black shield, Tullaris Dreadbringer
2004 p.82 = red skull, black shield, no info
2008 p.0;73;77 = gold skull, black shield, no info else being a city ost (p.0 inner cover).

3. Snake- City, Colour?
2004 p.35 = purple snake, black shield with thin yellow border, no info
2014 p.21;39 = black snake, purple shield, Malus Darkblade of Hag Graef
2014 p.21 = black snake, red shield, no info except belongs to swordsmen named "Snake's Legacy"
2004 p.35 = black snake, black shield with glowing orange around snake, no info
2004 p.36 = dark red snake, black shield, named "Korhedron muderers"
2004 p.39;45 = red snake, black shield, said to be one unit from invasion force of Malekith
2008 p.76 = gold snake, black shield, no info
2008 p.77 = gold snake, purple shield, no info

4. Malekith Head - City, Colour?
2004 p.37 = top banner, dark red, banner is black with white runes and is also "Korhedron muderers"
2004 p.34;35;38;39 = top banner of either skull, skull wing or snake, colored in gold
2008 p.76;78 = top banner, gold, associated with gold snake on black shield, or red snake on black banner

5. Wings of Darkness - City, Colour?
2008 p.77 = black dragon outlined in medium blue, rubis instead of head, black shield, no info
2008 p.77 = black dragon, emerald instead of head, red shield darker on edges, one rune, no info

6. Iron Talon/Moon in hand - Naggarond / Clar Karond, Colour?
2008 p.74 = gold hand, silver moon, purple banner, no other info than BSB
2013 p.69 = gold hand, silver moon, purple shield, above illustration of Naggarond COC. Also, a battle standard is shown with a demon holding that very same hand with moon, same colours.
2014 p.121 = gold hand, silver moon, purple shield, "Grand Ost of Naggarond" = 5 spear, 4 RXB, 2 swords, 3 COK
2013 p.70 = dark golden hand, silver moon; serves as top pennant for BG of Naggaroth, BG regiment is named either "Clan Skinned" or "Deadly Shadow'. The other regiment gets gold hand, light blue moon .
-
2008 p.75;77 = gold hand, shining blue moon irradiating 8 rays same colour, black banner with 2 runes, Banner of Clar Karond
2013 p.68 = gold hand, light blue moon, dark purple banner, no info
2013 p.70 = gold hand, light blue moon; serves as top pennant for BG of Naggaroth, BG regiment is named either "Clan Skinned" or "Deadly Shadow'. The other regiment gets dark golden hand, silver moon.
-
2014 p.105 = gold hand, black moon bleeding heavily, dark blue shield, said to be "Blood Sabbat" convenant of three sorceresses

7. Kraken - Lokhir Fellheart Tower of Blessed Dread, Colour?
2008 p.75;77 = green squid on black banner with twice same rune, banner of "Tower of Sacrilege"
2013 p.80 and 2014 p.136 = squid serves as top banner, green squid, black banner with white skull and two green corsair sabres, banner of Black Ark "Eternel torment".
Note: none of the above are Lokhir's.
2014 p.123 = gold squid, medium/dark green shield, Lokhir Felheart himself.
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
T.D.
Killed by Khorne
Killed by Khorne
Location: Hinterlands of Khuresh; The Lost City of the Angels

Post by T.D. »

Cool discussion. From most recent AB p64-82:

Heraldry

Black Guard -- of particular Tower

Cold One Knight -- personal heraldry and standard bearing the conclave insignia i.e. Ebon Tower, Crimson Serpent

Corsairs -- colour scheme and regimental banner of their Black Ark i.e. Deathsun Reaver, Ashwrack Leviathan, Shining Oblivion

Har Ganeth -- Theme: Khaine Insignia: Bloody Hearts, Torn Heart and Mouth, Held Bleeding Heart Colours: Black, Gold, Red

Clar Karond -- Theme: Beastmaster Prowess Insignia: Hydra, Held Broken Heart, Serpent Colours: Black, Deep Red, Bright Red

Hag Graef -- Theme: Gatekeepers of the Underworld Insignia: Dark Pegasus, Flaming Heart Held in Two Hands Colours: Black, Dark Purple, Light Purple

Ghrond -- Theme: Icy Wastelands of the North Insignia: Medusae, All-Seeing Eye Colours: Black, Dark Blue, Light Blue

Karond Kar -- Theme: Seas Insignia: Harpies, Heart Clasped by Left Hand Colours: Black, Green, Aquamarine, Blue

Naggarond -- Theme: (Not explicitly stated) Rulership Insignia: Khaine Upholding Crescent Moon, Held Crescent Moon, Manticore, Skull Icon Colours: Black, Deep Purple, Gold, Red, White, Blue

tl;dr

In most recent AB the crescent moon is one of the symbols of Naggarond p69
OldHammer Advanced Ruleset
- Adding Tactical Depth to Your Favourite Tabletop Wargame
cultofkhaine
Chief Cultist
Chief Cultist

Post by cultofkhaine »

Awesome guys thanks so much for the info!

I am trying to associate each of these shield emblems with different city armies out of my vast collection. My aim is to go though and paint each city army eventually.

Your information is most helpful in doing this.
Siilar
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Siilar »

If it's any help I can give you a break down of the ideas that I've had about a Clar Karond army?
cultofkhaine
Chief Cultist
Chief Cultist

Post by cultofkhaine »

Yes please Siilar that would be great.

Im trying to get a breakdown of each city and what makes it unique
cultofkhaine
Chief Cultist
Chief Cultist

Post by cultofkhaine »

@Calisson - you are crazy, thanks for the page references that would have taken some time :o_O:
Siilar
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Siilar »

I've based my theme around a wealthy and powerful family of Clar Karond.
Corsairs would be the mainstay of the army, but large units of bleakswords, dreadspears and crossbow men make up a large percentage.
Slaves would also make up smaller units, standing in for bleakswords or witchelves.
I've used Mantic Ghouls:
http://www.manticgames.com/mantic-shop/ ... gures.html
with Empire Flagellant heads:
http://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Emp ... nt-Warband
With a couple of beastmaster unit fillers driving them forward.

Sisters of slaughter would be a unit of converted slave/beast masters.
Shades originally made up the families of Clar Karond so I've included large units of those.
Khainite units would be few and far between but still have a presense.
I've included multiple units of Dark Riders, mainly because I love the old metal models and they fit with the raiding theme.
Scrouge runners would be included.
Maybe one unit of Cold one knights.
The more monsters the merrier.
Plenty of bolt throwers.
Warlocks would be sorceresses, relatives of the family.
Blackguard would form the elite bodyguard of the family members.
As far as unique Ideas go I wanted to include a bloodwrack shrine, instead of a Medusa I picture the ancient patriach of the family sat in a throne, half dead and held together with magic, like a living relic. He's surrounded by bodyguards and magic users. The idea behind him is he's one of the few males allowed to practice magic, his skills used in the creation of Black arks.
He's carried into battle by slaves, sat on a stylised warship.

Kinda rambling :P but I hope it's helpful in some way.
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

Cultofkhaine wrote:@Calisson - you are crazy, thanks for the page references that would have taken some time :o_O:
My wife concurs with your judgement, I need to hide when I'm doing this sort of things... :roll:
cultofkhaine
Chief Cultist
Chief Cultist

Post by cultofkhaine »

I have progressed further with my research on this. My aim is to identify the core elements of what each city army would be, heraldry/logo, colour, units it would field, etc... If you think I have missed anything I would love to know all your thoughts to refine the lists.

I have borrowed some of the back story from around the place. :D
cultofkhaine
Chief Cultist
Chief Cultist

Post by cultofkhaine »

GHROND - THE NORTH TOWER

DESCRIPTION

http://whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Ghrond

Ghrond ("North Tower") is the dark tower of magic built in the Chaos Wastes in the north of Naggaroth. Ghrond is home to the Witch King's mother Morathi, who founded the city to personally observe the ever changing nature of Chaos in the north, and to attempt to define the future by studying the ever-changing Realm of Chaos. In fact Malekith often plans his wars and raids depending on what his mother and his Sorceresses observe at Ghrond. Morathi also founded the Coven of Sorceresses in Ghrond which still reside there to this day. As well as this the tower itself has become an outpost and protect the lands of the Dark Elves against unwanted invaders from the Chaos Wastes.

Ghrond is supported in its job by a line of fortress like Watchtowers all along the top edge of Naggaroth. Rumor states that the tower of Ghrond is so far inland because the witch king had his fortress flown inland by sorcerers and the magicians of Ghrond decided to out-do him by flying theirs much further in. Malekith then banned male sorcerers stating very heavily that he was the ruler of Naggaroth.

http://www.geocities.ws/oldsage.geo/de-greg-ghrond.html

Description is quite out of date, list Hellebron as the leader not Morathi

http://warhammerfb.wikia.com/wiki/Naggaroth

Ghrond lies in the bitterly cold north of the Witch King's domain. In shape it is like the great city of Naggarond, yet in size it is far smaller, a fortress to be garrisoned rather than a place in which to dwell. Its single massive tower, grim, black, and slender like a spear, rises from its mountain spur.

From this tower sorceresses watch over the ever shifting Realm of Chaos, place of gods and source of all magical power for good and ill alike. Within the Realm of Chaos the lands seethe with energy, rising like the sea, whilst the air is bathed in competing colours of sorcery, turning and twisting, howling and crying like the wind. The sorceresses observe the changes in the Realm of Chaos, for it is said that the patterns of change hold the secrets to the future, and that all secrets are contained therein for those who dare to look.

Every day dark clad riders gallop away from the tower of Ghrond bearing the reports of its guardians to Naggarond. These foretell of things to come, of auspicious moments when the Witch King's armies may meet with success, or of the growing power of his enemies. From these observations the Witch King plots his strategies and launches his armies upon the World.

Ghrond serves as a bastion against the hordes of Chaos. It has a large garrison, quite capable of putting down small to major invasions from the Wastes. Most if not all dark elves are sent to Ghrond to train in the arts of combat and warfare.

http://warhammeronline.wikia.com/wiki/Naggaroth

Ghrond is ruled by the Dark Convent. Ghrond is the city of the Dark Convent it is here that Sorceress are trained but male wizards are not allowed. Ghrond lies in the bitterly cold north of the Witch King's domain. In shape it is like the great city of Naggarond, yet in size it is far smaller, it's single massive tower, grim, black, and slender like a spear, rises from its mountain spur. It's is here that Malekiths Sorceresses spy on the world.

CITY ATTRIBUTES

- Morathi, leader of the city
- Dark Convent of Sorceress
- Warrior Training Centre
- Dark Pegasi
- Mines below city
- Slaves
- Wealthy, Rich Gems, Gold from the mines below
- Majority Female Units Only
- Defence against the north chaos realm
- Slaanesh Influence (from Morathi)

Note: This would be the city to use if you wanted a Dark Elf Slaanesh Army

ARMY COMPOSITION

LORDS
- Morathi
- Supreme Sorceress (Heavy magic based army)
- Dreadlord

HEROES
- Sorceress
- Master
- Khainite Assassin (to do Morathi's bidding)

CORE
- Darkshards (I imagine mostly a shooty style army, troops would be garrisoned on the battlements and in towers holding off the forces of chaos, most likely to whittle them down before engaging in hand to hand combat)
- Dark Riders (dispatched to Naggarond to inform Malakith)

SPECIAL
- Black Guard (sent to protect Morathi, perhaps her own personal bodyguard)

RARE
- Bloodwrack Medusa (use to be Sorceresses from Ghrond before Morathi cursed them)
- Bloodwrack Shrine
- Sisters of Slaughter (a good option I think in this army, could fit well with a Slaanesh theme, wealth of the city, training units etc)

HERALDRY
- Medusa
- All Seeing Eye
- Slaanesh Icon

COLOURS
- Black, Dark Blue, Light Blue, Icy Colours - would also include Purples, Violet and Pinks if having a Slaanesh influence

IMAGE REFERENCE
Attachments
Hekarti Rune - Mistress of Magic
Hekarti Rune - Mistress of Magic
Hekarti Rune - Mistress of Magic.jpg (20.58 KiB) Viewed 16501 times
Ghrond Shield - Medusa
Ghrond Shield - Medusa
Ghrond Shield - Medusa.jpg (19.82 KiB) Viewed 16501 times
Ghrond Shield - All Seeing Eye
Ghrond Shield - All Seeing Eye
Ghrond Shield - All Seeing Eye.jpg (19.46 KiB) Viewed 16501 times
Ghrond Crest - Medusa
Ghrond Crest - Medusa
Ghrond Crest - Medusa.jpg (23.61 KiB) Viewed 16501 times
Ghrond Crest - All Seeing Eye
Ghrond Crest - All Seeing Eye
Ghrond Crest - All Seeing Eye.jpg (20.61 KiB) Viewed 16501 times
Ghrond City Rune
Ghrond City Rune
Ghrond Rune.jpg (21.33 KiB) Viewed 16501 times
cultofkhaine
Chief Cultist
Chief Cultist

Post by cultofkhaine »

KAROND KAR - THE TOWER OF DESPAIR

DESCRIPTION

http://whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Karond_Kar

Karond Kar (meaning "tower of despair") is a port city, and one of the six cities of Naggaroth, the realm of the Dark Elves. This city, known as the "city of despair" throughout the world, is where most of the captives are brought following a slave raid. It is the main home of the Corsairs and cut-throats that feed on the despair of other races.

Karond Kar is a particularly appalling sight when seen from the sea as those slaves who are caught trying to escape are hung from the walls, their limp bodies enchanted to live out their last few hours on this earth forever. Thus the city is called the Tower of Despair because of the horrible wails that sound from inside the dark walls.

Because of its reputation as a city of thieves, Karond Kar houses some of the largest slave markets in Naggaroth. Those slaves that look strong enough are trained to become warriors, bodyguards and even trainers of the dark beasts that reside under the Blackspine Mountains. any slave taken to Karond Kar has no chance of escaping and, even if they do escape, they are bound to die horribly in such a cruel place.

http://www.geocities.ws/oldsage.geo/de-greg-karond-kar.html Old description but worth a read.

Ruler
The relatively young Beastlord Rakarth rules Karond Kar. He is prototypical of the Elves of Karond Kar, outspoken and boisterous, which is much different from the average Dark Elf. As the Tower of Despair is the home of most of the beastmasters of Naggaroth it is only fitting that they by led by the best of their kind.

Symbol
The symbols of Karond Kar are beasts: dragons, snakes or spiders.

Great Port City
Karond Kar is located just north of the strategically important Dire Straits and as such has the mightiest Dark Elf fleet to protect the entrance into the Seas of Chill and Malice. Karond Kar is the gateway into the rest of Naggaroth and must defend the passageway into the Land of Chill. The Tower of Despair is the staging point for every invasion or raid to Ulthuan in the south and the Old World to the east. Great Black Arks patrol its harbours, surrounded by the sleek Dark Elf Reavers. When the armies of the Dark Elves prepare for war, they amass near Karond Kar until they can be sent to the shores of their foes.

In the Navy
The bulk of the Dark Elf navy is stationed at Karond Kar. While Clar Karond is responsible for building ships and Black Arks, Karond Kar is responsible for the rest of the naval duties. Ship crews are trained here. Patrols and raids are launched from the docks of the Tower of Despair. The naval command is stationed here, carrying out the will of the Witch-King in Naggarond.

The Beastmasters
Beastmasters play a major part in Dark Elf society and Karond Kar’s army. The Dark Elves have a small population and thus require the use of slaves and monsters to strengthen their armies. Beastmasters are generally considered too important to take to battle but the monsters they raise are often unleashed upon opposing armies.

The hordes of monsters that are used in combat are captured and trained for battle by beastmasters. The most commonly used monster is the terrifying War Hydra, which can literally annihilate entire regiments of enemy soldiers. Giant spiders and scorpions are also used frequently as they are more common and easier to raise. Smaller versions of the scorpions and spiders can be found amongst some armies as well. When not used by the fleets

Helldrakes are available as well, ridden into battle by slim, lightly armoured Dark Elves.

City Layout
The city of Karond Kar is protected from the forces of the Realm of Chaos by mountains, forests and the Sea of Chill. It is located on a peninsula just north of the twisting Dire Straits and serves as a great line of defence against naval invasion. To the north-east of the city can be found the abode of the local tribe of Harpies, which can be herded into war in times of need.

The western and southern portions of the city are dominated by the docks, where slaves are brought back from raids and raiding forces are stationed before travelling south. The eastern sections of the city are devoted to the beastmasters and many stables containing monsters can be found here.

Army
Karond Kar’s army is organised much differently than the other Dark Elf cities. Because much of its population is aboard the fleet or off on a raiding mission, Karond Kar armies are composed of different troop types. Black Ark Corsairs are often found in the city, as the warrior crews cycle duties aboard the great Black Arks and in the city. The city is full of slaves, which are used often as they are among the few expendable troops in the army.

Monstrous troops such as Harpies and Helldrake Riders are found here, but are a rarity elsewhere in Naggaroth. Many bolt throwers are kept here, where they are placed on the Black Arks to destroy enemies from afar. Traditional soldiers such as Cold One Knights and Witch Elves play a much smaller role in the army of Karond Kar.

In the tongue of men the city of Karond Kar is called the City of Despair. It is to this terrible place that thousands of slaves are brought; men from the Old World; Elves from Ulthuan, and more from across the world, all destined to serve the Witch King. The wailing spirits of dead slaves are said to haunt the whole city. The Dark

Elves love to hear this sound of dread and despair. It fills their dreams with delicious images of suffering and pain.Many slaves die upon the altars of Khaine, their hearts torn from their bodies, whilst others are sent north and south to labour in the mines and quarries of the Witch King.

Thousands die as they cross the seas to Karond Kar, stifled and suffocated in the holds of the slave ships, or tortured to death for the entertainment of the black hearted crew. From the docks the slaves are driven in chains amidst the jeering crowds. As the slave masters beat them forward many stumble on the steep rock and are trampled to death by the chained feet of those who follow. At this sight the crowds laugh all the louder and cry with pleasure, for such is their love of cruelty that this sorry spectacle is rated a great entertainment.

The Beastmasters hail from Karond Kar and the mighty hydras and manticores follow. When a druchii child shows aptitude for taming beasts he is sent to the Tower of Despair to study under the masters that dwell there. It is also here that the monstrous Cold Ones are broken for service, so the Dark Elves can ride them to war.

Karond Kar is the great Dark Elf depot of slavery. It is here that hundreds of thousands of slaves are brought by slave ships every year from across the world ; Men, High Elves, Dwarves, Orcs, and more brought here to serve the Witch King. From the docks the slaves are driven in chains amidst the jeering crowds. As the slave masters beat them forward many stumble on the steep rock and are trampled to death by the chained feet of those who follow. At this sight the crowds laugh and cry with pleasure, as this sorry spectacle is considered great entertainment. The wailing spirits of dead slaves are said to haunt the whole city. Many of the slaves are sacrificed upon the altars of Khaine, while others are sent north and south to labor in the mines, quarries, and shipyards that support the

Witch King's war machines. The City is located in sea of chill on a small island with Karond Kar as it's single city so for a slave there is no way out.

The Beastmasters from Karond Kar and there mighty hydras and manticores are from this city. When a Druchii child shows aptitude for taming beasts he is sent to the Tower of Despair to study under the masters that dwell there.

CITY ATTRIBUTES

- Port City
- Near Sea of Chill
- Slavers Gate
- Dark Elf Navy
- Beastmaster Training Centre
- Trading Centre
- Slave Masters
- Lead by Fleetmasters
- Corsairs
- War Hydras, Manticores, Harpies
- Cold One Training
- Altar of Khaine
- Harpies Nest in the city spires

Note: I think this would be the best city to base a Corsair Fleet Army on.

ARMY COMPOSITION

LORDS
- Rakarth Beastlord of Karond Kar (Old info) http://www.axesofaix.de/Voelker/Dunkelelfen/Download/DunkelelfenRakarth.pdf
- Black Ark Fleetmaster
- High Beastmaster/Manticores

HEROES
- Lokhir Fellhart
- Master (Slave master)
- Khainite Assassin

CORE
- Black Ark Corsairs
- Dark Riders (Raiding Parties)

SPECIAL
- Shades (Raiding Parties)
- Reaper Bolt Thrower (Ship Based)
- Cold One Knights (Cold Ones are broken in here)
- Harpies (Make their nests in the uppermost spires of the city)
- War Hydras
- Executioners (small representation)

RARE
- Sisters of Slaughter (Dead slaves provide good entertainment)

HERALDRY
- Kraken
- Harpies
- Seas

COLOURS
- Black, Green, Aquamarine, Blue

IMAGE REFERENCE
Attachments
Kraken Shield
Kraken Shield
Karond Kar Shield 2 - Kraken.jpg (20.51 KiB) Viewed 16497 times
Kraken Shield
Kraken Shield
Karond Kar Shield - Kraken.jpg (20.96 KiB) Viewed 16497 times
Kraken Crest
Kraken Crest
Karond Kar Crest - Kraken.jpg (19.48 KiB) Viewed 16497 times
City Rune
City Rune
Karond Kar Rune.jpg (23.12 KiB) Viewed 16497 times
cultofkhaine
Chief Cultist
Chief Cultist

Post by cultofkhaine »

HAR GANETH - CITY OF EXECUTIONERS

DESCRIPTION

http://whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Har_Ganeth

Har Ganeth is one of the six cities of Naggaroth, the realm of the Dark Elves. The city's name is rarely spoken in those lands that live in fear of the Dark Elves because of the horrible tales that are told of the streets of blood and the houses of bodies made from those who have been conquered by the evil of Malekith. The High Elves once attacked the city with a great army but where defeated at the hands of the malicious warriors that fight for Har Ganeth. Such was the victory celebration that the blood of captives ran through the streets and the bodies where discarded into piles that touched the sky.

It was then that the great warrior Tullaris became the leader of the executioners for he had seen the blood of the dead, felt the beckoning of Khaine, the Elven god of war and murder, and had fallen into a trance in which he climbed the steps of the great temple and severed a captives head in one fell strike of his Draich. Since then the executioners have banded under Tullaris's banner and have created their own army of lethal warriors. But the executioners are not the only great army in Har Ganeth for there is also the bloodthirsty priestess army of Khaine, the Witch Elves. The Witch Elves are led by Hellebron and, in effect, the Hag priestesses who work in the temples.

http://www.geocities.ws/oldsage.geo/de- ... aneth.html - Quite old description

Ruler
The ruler of Har Ganeth is the Dark Lord Ruerl, also known as the Butcher. He is the leader of the Har Ganeth Executioners and a cruel, sadistic man.

Symbol
The symbol of Har Ganeth is a double bladed axe.

Sprawling Metropolis
Har Ganeth is an extremely large city, with a population that is almost as large as Naggarond. Of all the Dark Elf cities, Har Ganeth has the most developed economy. It almost has a complete monopoly over the slave and iron trades. The nobility of Har Ganeth is extremely wealthy as are the countless merchant princes that reside here.

The Dread Executioners
Har Ganeth is known as the City of Executioners and it is here that the most feared warriors in all of Naggaroth reside. Their official role is that of warden, to protect the Temple of Khaine from all invaders. In fact the Executioners rule the city almost completely, taking out their wrath on commoner and nobleman alike.The Executioners have a horrible reputation, gained during a failed High Elf raid many centuries ago. The High Elves thought Har Ganeth an easy target and so invaded it. Almost none of them survived the raid. Many thousands were taken captive and slain in the worst massacre ever record in the history of any race. The streets became red rivers, as Dark Elves splashed joyfully in the blood of their hated foes. The Executioners used their cruel axes to maim, cut and behead the captives, celebrating an orgy of depravity. The streets are still stained red to this day. No High Elf army will invade Har Ganeth ever again, their fear of that place is so strong.

The Crimson Palace, Temple of Khaine
The most noticeable feature in Har Ganeth is the great Temple of Khaine. It gets its name from the deep red stains that cover every part of the temple. It was this temple that was the sight of the bloodiest event in all of history, the massacre of Har Ganeth. The temple is ruled by Vandess, the most powerful Hag Queen of Har Ganeth. She led the Witch Elves during the slaughter, gorging herself on the blood and flesh of hundreds of High Elves. Vandess admires Ruerl’s depravity and has supported his rule since Har Ganeth was established many years ago. They even have a son together, the great Captain of the Executioners, Tullaris.

City Layout
The centre of the city is dominated by two structures: the hideous Temple of Khaine and the palace of the Dark Lord Ruerl. Those two structures are where all of the power in Har Ganeth resides. The docks are located in the southern portion of the city. This area of the city is bustling with trade. Slaves are penned in huge cages, waiting to be sent to the far corners of Naggaroth and their dooms. Iron and rocks from Hag Graef are stationed aboard sleek Reavers. The merchant princes of Har Ganeth grow richer every day, as slaves and iron for weapons are the cornerstone of the Dark Elf economy.

Army
The army of Har Ganeth is huge and powerful. A legion of dreaded Executioners await any chance at war, their sharp axes ready to maim and kill. Thousands of Witch Elves from the Crimson Palace are ready to kill. The Warriors of the City of Executioners are many. Almost any type of troop is available and ready for war.

The very name of Har Ganeth is cursed with evil. In Ulthuan, none will even speak of the city which they call only 'The Cursed Place', whilst to the Dark Elves it is known as the 'City of the Executioners'. Once the High Elves brought battle to Har Ganeth and attacked the city with as great an army as had ever fought in the Witch King's land. For many days and nights the battle raged and at last the High Elves were driven from the field. Many fell as they turned to flee, yet many more were taken captive. Too exhausted to fight on they collapsed and woke to find themselves upon the altars of Khaine. The celebration of the Dark Elves was a terrible thing to behold. Captive after captive was brought to the altars and slain in the most cruel ways imaginable. The screams of the dying mingled with the fanatical laughter of the Witch Elves as they danced naked around the bodies of the slain. Wine and blood flowed from the altars, and drunkenly the Dark Elves praised their evil god. For many nights the sacrificial fires burned and the Dark Elves feasted upon raw flesh. It was a celebration of madness and death and when it was over the sun rose upon a city stained red with blood.

Blood fountained from the windows of the high citadel and ran down the streets like a river. Crimson gore spattered the temples of Khaine and stained his brazen idols. The steps of his temples were littered with the dismembered corpses of the slain. Everywhere lay Dark Elves entwined and covered in blood, stupified with wine and gorged upon raw flesh, sated upon the horrors of their own inhuman depravity. Har Ganeth is the city of executioners. To those who retain a shred of decency it is known only as the cursed place.

Har Ganeth is ruled by Hellebron and home to the Temple of Khaine which trains the Witch Elves and (in WAR) the Disciples of Khaine. Har Ganeth is the city of the Executioners, who also serve as an elite unit of the Dark Elf armies, though are not playable in WAR. The very name of Har Ganeth is cursed with evil. In Ulthuan none will even speak of the city which they call only the cursed place.

CITY ATTRIBUTES
- Temple of Khaine
- Priestess Army of Khaine
- Deciples of Khaine
- Called The Cursed Place
- Death Night
- Ruled by Hellebron
- City of Executioners
- Assassins Guild

Note: this army is very heavily based on With Elves and Executioners making up the main force of the army.

ARMY COMPOSITION

LORDS
- Crone Hellebron
- Dreadlord

HEROES
- Shaddowblade
- Tullaris Dreadbringer
- Master
- Death Hag / Cauldron of Blood
- Khainite Assassin

CORE
- Witch Elves

SPECIAL
- Executioners

RARE

HERALDRY
- Symbol Double Bladded Axe
- Bleeding Heart
- Executioners Skull
- Rune of Khaine

COLOURS
- Red

IMAGE REFERENCE
Attachments
Rune of Khaine
Rune of Khaine
Khaine Rune - The Bloody Handed God.jpg (20.12 KiB) Viewed 16110 times
Skull Icon
Skull Icon
Har Ganeth Shield Icon - Skull.jpg (20.19 KiB) Viewed 16110 times
Har Ganeth Rune
Har Ganeth Rune
Har Ganeth Rune.jpg (22.52 KiB) Viewed 16110 times
Executioners Skull
Executioners Skull
Har Ganeth Crest - Executioners Skull.jpg (23.34 KiB) Viewed 16110 times
Bleeding Heart
Bleeding Heart
Har Ganeth Crest - Bleeding Heart.jpg (22.86 KiB) Viewed 16110 times
cultofkhaine
Chief Cultist
Chief Cultist

Post by cultofkhaine »

HAG GRAEF - THE DARK CRAG

DESCRIPTION

http://whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Hag_Graef

Hag Graef (meaning "dark crag") is one of the six cities of Naggaroth, the realm of the Dark Elves. The city stands in a great valley where the mountains block out all sunlight. Hag Graef is the most feared by captives of the Dark Elves, for none have escaped it alive.

Hag Graef was originally created by the armies of Malekith when they had failed to invade Ulthuan. Fearing his wrath, their Black Ark embarked in the crag a few leagues down the coast and was established as a city. When Malekith heard that his warriors had hid in a crag he was furious and assembled an army to annihilate the populace, Morathai however saw how more could be gained from the manipulation of the city, and since then Malekith's coffers have swelled as the city has waxed and waned.

Great, dark and sharp towers rise towards the sky above, but nothing can reach the the skies, and it seems that it is forever night in the valley. So the city is bathed in a dark gloom, and the caves are shining in an sickly green light from the warpstone that litters the caves. In the hillsides lay the mines of Naggaroth, where hundreds of slaves dig iron and rock for the realm.

Day and night you can hear hammers beating against the rock, the cracks of whips and the screams of the slaves. It is freezing cold in the caves, and the Dark Elves likes beating them to their will are broken and to they collapse of starvation and thirst. Even in death they cannot rest as the warpstone animates their dead bodies to they collapse in piles of bones

http://www.geocities.ws/oldsage.geo/de-greg-hag-graef.html Quite old description

Ruler

The ruler of Hag Graef is the famous Dark Lord Caldor Maglen. The Dark Lord thrives on danger and constantly leaves the safety of his city to explore the dark depths of the Underworld. He is the ultimate Scout, able to find his way easily through the labyrinth of caves and tunnels.

Symbol

The symbol of Hag Graef is a tall mountain, for the city lies under the shadow of the Iron Mountains.

Mines and Quarries

Hag Graef is located near the largest deposit of rock and ore in all of Naggaroth. The mountains are mineral rich and provide the city with its main source of income. Thousands of slaves can be found here, punished with backbreaking labour and eventual death. They toil for hours every day until they pass out in exhaustion.

Iron from the mountains is mined and then sent all over Naggaroth. Dark Elves from all cities arm themselves with weapons forged from the ores taken out of the Dark Crag. The metals of Naggaroth are darker than elsewhere and shine with a black sheen that matches the darkness in the hearts of Dark Elves.

Stone is also gathered here as well. Rock is plentiful in Naggaroth so the Dark Elves have found many uses for it. The Witch-King uses it to build his fortresses and Black Arks. The fortresses provide the Dark Elves with protection against the dangerous wilderness and the Black Arks carry troops and are the backbone of the Dark Elf navy.

The Underworld

The Underworld is a mysterious and dangerous place. It stretches for leagues in all directions, larger than even the great tunnels of the Dwarves and Skaven. Dark Elf Scouts have spent hundreds of years exploring it and have discovered not a tenth of its secrets.

Underneath Naggaroth is a great cavern, where a great body of water aptly named the Underground Sea is located. The clever Dark Elves use this sea to send their Reavers and Black Arks to the Broken Lands on the other side of the mountains. Ever since this discovery the Dark Elves can send their fleets east from Karond Kar or west from the Underground Sea.

The Underworld has also brought the discovery of Cold Ones, which play an extremely important role in the armies of the Dark Elves. The Cold Ones are sent to all of the Dark Elf cities and ridden into battle by Dark Elf nobles. Dark Elf Scouts explore the caverns, catching whatever Cold Ones they can find. They have become quite adept at catching them over the years, firing poisoned darts from their repeater crossbows which put the great beasts to sleep.

City Layout

Hag Graef is surrounded by mountains, which cast a shadow over the city. The darkness caused by the mountains have earned the city its nickname, the Dark Crag.

The western section of the city leads to the mines and quarries and many slaves are housed here. The nobles are scattered throughout the middle and north of the city, generally shunning the contact of other Dark Elves. The eastern and southern parts of the city house all the merchants and common born Dark Elves. From here the stone and iron that is mined is sent to be sold throughout the country.

Army

Hag Graef’s army is slightly smaller than other Dark Elf cities and tends to be somewhat specialised. It contains a high percentage of heavy cavalry, as Cold Ones are plentiful in the city. Dark Elf Scouts are found in Hag Graef in higher numbers, constantly expanding their knowledge of the Underworld. Slaves play a major role in the army of Hag Graef, balancing the cities smaller population.

Hag Graef is named the Dark Crag, and of all the cities of the Dark Elves it is feared the most, for no captive man or Elf has ever escaped from this place. It lies at the bottom of a cold, dark valley and is completely surrounded by mountains of bare black rock, higher than the highest walls. No sunlight reaches the city of Hag Graef and it is shrouded in gloom and shadow.

The city was built by Druchii generals who had been defeated in battle by the High Elves: fearful of Malekith's wrath, they built the city as an easy way to defend themselves from any punitive attack Malekith might send against them. The current druchii family in charge of the city changes rapidly: currently it is ruled by the house of chains, led by the infamous Malus Darkblade son of the former Vaulkhar and the seeress Eldiere. However, the Witch King, under the direction of Morathi, used politics, instead of warfare, to claim lordship of Hag Graef. Legends tell of how Malekith held a feast for the nobles of Hag Graef and produced a number of goblets filled with wine, stating one among the goblets was poisoned. Malekith said that any noble willing to risk drinking would receive a share of the city and his blessing to rule. All the nobles drank, not wanting to lose face in front of their rivals. Once all the nobles had drunk, Malekith then delightedly revealed that all the wine had been poisoned, and only by swearing unconditional loyalty to him would the nobles receive the antidote.

All about the city lie many mines and quarries from where the Witch King takes iron and stone to arm his warriors and build his fortresses. Thousands of slaves labour in his service. Chained together they scrape and hack at the rock, often deep underground in narrow tunnels and dark passages. The chill winds bite deep and there is little to eat but scraps of foul dark bread, for the Dark Elves enjoy to see their slaves cold and starving, and beat them all the harder when they fall faint with hunger.

All the black mountains about Hag Graef are riddled with tunnels and excavations, and it is during their excavations for rock and ore that the Dark Elves discovered the great subterranean lake they call the Underworld Sea. Beneath Hag Graef the mountains rise and buckle, so that as the peaks rise into the air a gigantic cavern lies beneath the earth. This Underworld Sea was first discovered by the Dark Lord of Hag Graef, Kaledor Maglan. So great is its extent that the dark Elves have sailed upon this sea and explored its countless caves and branches, though doubtless the Underworld still holds many secrets.

In the deepest caverns of this Underworld the Dark Elves discovered strange reptilian creatures which they called Cold Ones. The stables of Hag Graef are full of these monstrous beasts, and many Dark Elves descend into the depths to hunt them.

Hag Graef is, of all the cities of the Dark Elves, feared the most. No captive has ever escaped from this place. The city lies at the bottom of a cold, dark valley and is completely surrounded by mountains of bare black rock, no sunlight reaches the city and it is shrouded in gloom and shadow. Here are the mines and quarries from where the Witch King takes iron and stone to arm his warriors and build his fortresses. Thousands of slaves labour in his service. It is here, during their excavations, that the Dark Elves discovered the great subterranean lake they call the Underworld Sea.

CITY ATTRIBUTES
- Dark Crag
- Green Warpstone Caves
- Slave Mines
- Underworld Sea
- Scouts
- Cold Ones
- City Ruled by the House of Chains
- The First Dreadlord is ruler of the city
- Eight Great Famalies
- Malus Darkblade
- Khainite Assassin Cults
- Shade Tribes explore the Underworld Sea

ARMY COMPOSITION

LORDS
- Malus Darkblade
- Dreadlord

HEROES
- Master
- Khainite Assassin

CORE
- Dreadspears
- Darkshards
- Bleakswords

SPECIAL
- Cold One Knights (this is the core of the army)
- Shades
- Cold One Chariot

RARE
- Doom Fire Warlocks

HERALDRY
- Tall Mountain
- Gauntlet with Burning Heart
- Dark Pegasus (Gate Keeper to the Underworld)
- Skull Wings (I think this is a good fit with the Pegasus/Underworld motive)
- Ereth Khial - The Pale Queen (Godess of the Underworld)

COLOURS
- Black, Dark Purple, Light Purple

IMAGE REFERENCE
Attachments
Ereth Khial - The Pale Queen.jpg
Ereth Khial - The Pale Queen.jpg (21.3 KiB) Viewed 16460 times
Hag Graef Crest - Burining Heart.jpg
Hag Graef Crest - Burining Heart.jpg (19.95 KiB) Viewed 16460 times
Hag Graef Crest - Dark Pegasus.jpg
Hag Graef Crest - Dark Pegasus.jpg (18.77 KiB) Viewed 16460 times
Hag Graef Rune.jpg
Hag Graef Rune.jpg (23.35 KiB) Viewed 16460 times
Hag Graef Shield Icon - Skull Wings.jpg
Hag Graef Shield Icon - Skull Wings.jpg (21.59 KiB) Viewed 16460 times
cultofkhaine
Chief Cultist
Chief Cultist

Post by cultofkhaine »

CLAR KAROND - THE TOWER OF DOOM

DESCRIPTION

http://www.geocities.ws/oldsage.geo/de-greg-clar-karond.html Quite old description

Ruler
The three strongest Black Ark Captains rule Clar Karond jointly. The positions of Dark Lord tend to change frequently, as the Captains are slain in battle or assassinated by rivals.

Symbol
The symbols of Clar Karond are trees or a Black Ark.

Agriculture
Clar Karond is the breadbasket of Naggaroth. It is the only city with a climate warm enough to grow crops. The soil around Clar Karond is rich with minerals making it the perfect spot to harvest food. The fields are located to the east of the city, with the Sea of Malice to the north and the Black Forests to the south.

Clar Karond is also known for its excellent wines, which are renowned throughout the land. They are grown in orchards all around the Tower of Doom. There are two brands of wine: Blood Wine and Winter Wine. Blood Wine is named because of its bloody red colour. It is the lesser of the two wines, that which is drunk by the common people of Naggaroth. Winter Wine is clear, and possesses and much better flavour. It is rarer and reserved for the rich and powerful nobles.

The Black Forest is the only large forest in the area and thus very important. The Witch-King’s armies and fleets require a lot of wood so slave gangs are constantly cutting down trees and dragging them to Clar Karond.

Dark Elf slaves are responsible for doing all of the above work. They are found in the fields, forests and docks of Clar Karond doing tasks deemed to menial and back breaking for Dark Elves to do. The lives of these slave labourers are mercifully short, but in their times as slaves they get to know about Hell on earth.

Shipping
The Tower of Doom is Naggaroth’s ship building centre. All of Naggaroth’s ships are built here from the small Reaver ships to the massive stone and metal Black Arks. The building of a Black Ark is a very rare event, as rock and iron must be sent from Hag Graef in enormous quantities. Most of the time the sleek Reavers are built, as they are made of wood and much smaller. The Reavers are used mostly in inter city trade, although they are used occasionally in war to harry enemy ships and drive them towards the Black Arks.

City Layout
The Tower of Doom is surrounded by the Black Forest everywhere except to the Northeast where the Nightoak River leads to the Sea of Malice. Thus in the Northeast section of the city lies its docks and shipping industry. In the east part of the city are its markets, where food is bought and then sent to the other Dark Elf cities. In the centre of the city lies the three palaces of the Dark Lords, surrounded by the Corsairs living quarters and the small temple of Khaine. The south and west sections of the city are the living quarters of the common Dark Elves. The multitudes of slaves are mostly kept in the streets, left to freeze in the bitter cold of the north.

Army
Clar Karond’s army is not a standard Dark Elf army, relying on its multitudes of Black Ark Corsairs and slaves in combat over regular Dark Elf Warriors. The Tower of Doom possesses almost no cavalry, instead using infantry as its main troops. With the nearby forest Clar Karond can field a lot of war machines and missile troops.

In Clar Karond untold slaves labour upon the fleets of the Witch King, for here are his principal dockyards, where the raiding ships are built that harry the lands of the Ulthuan and beyond. The highborn of Naggaroth are sent to Clar Karond, also known as the City of Ships, to embark on their harkseer cruise. This is a right of passage that consists of raiding villages, taking treasure and slaves to establish their wealth and standing amongst the nobles of their home cities. The city is vast and sprawling, and all around it is surrounded by forests of towering pines, black trees that harbour few creatures and cloak the ground beneath so that all is darkness in the forests of shadows. Chained slave gangs work the forests, cutting and dragging the massive timbers into the city of Clar Karond - the tower of Doom as it is called by men.

Clar Karond is the strongest Naval City of the Dark Elves, where the raiding ships are built. The city is vast and sprawling, and all around it is surrounded by forests of towering pines, black trees that cloak the ground beneath, leaving the forests of shadows. Chained slave gangs work the forests, cutting and dragging the massive timbers into Clar Karond (the tower of Doom as it is known in the language of Men) to construct the Witch King's mighty fleet.

CITY ATTRIBUTES
- Dockyards, Ship Building
- Large Surrounding Forrest
- Slaves
- Anath Raema, Godess of the savage hunt
- Beastmasters

ARMY COMPOSITION

LORDS
- High Beastmaster
- Manticore
- Black Ark Fleetmaster
- Dreadlord

HEROES
- Master

CORE
- Corsairs
- Dreadspears
- Darkshards
- Bleakswords

SPECIAL
- Cold One Knights (brought from Hag Graef for training)
- Scourgerunner Charriot
- Harpies
- War Hydras

RARE
- Kharibdyss

HERALDRY
- Trees
- Black Ark
- Serpent
- Hydra

COLOURS

- Red
- Black

IMAGE REFERENCE
Attachments
Clar Karond Shield - Serpent.jpg
Clar Karond Shield - Serpent.jpg (19.55 KiB) Viewed 16043 times
Clar Karond Shield - Serpent Icon.jpg
Clar Karond Shield - Serpent Icon.jpg (17.94 KiB) Viewed 16043 times
Clar Karond Rune.jpg
Clar Karond Rune.jpg (23.59 KiB) Viewed 16043 times
Clar Karond Crest - Serpent.jpg
Clar Karond Crest - Serpent.jpg (24.94 KiB) Viewed 16043 times
Clar Karond Crest - Hyrda.jpg
Clar Karond Crest - Hyrda.jpg (20.6 KiB) Viewed 16043 times
cultofkhaine
Chief Cultist
Chief Cultist

Post by cultofkhaine »

NAGGAROND
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Re: Dark Elf City Attributes, Heraldry and Colours

Post by Calisson »

Anything about corsair's fleets?
About Shade clans?
About the forgotten city of Har Kaldra (DE AB p.13)?
cultofkhaine
Chief Cultist
Chief Cultist

Post by cultofkhaine »

@Calisson yep was going to go there after I got the main cities together
anthalont
Shade

Post by anthalont »

I have this chart explaining the runes on dark elves transfer sheet.

cultofkhaine
Chief Cultist
Chief Cultist

Post by cultofkhaine »

Thanks for posting anthalont exactly what im looking for - any chance of a clearer scan, some parts are a bit hard to read.

If not that's fine I will try to decipher.