Important information about the Slaanesh variant list

Old campaign - Where the druchii members discussed the Storm of Chaos campaign.

Moderators: Underway, The Dread Knights

Onyx paladin
Assassin

Post by Onyx paladin »

Sounds like the speed on this variant army will pretty much put every other to shame. You could almost pick and choose which enemy unit to pick off, then retreat before reinforcements arrive.

It also makes sense that we can also field a REAL all cav army now. Chaos Knights/Mounted Daemonettes and COKs. I can't wait to see the look on my opponents' faces.
"Khaine only embraces death, while the Cult of Pleasure embraces life and all of its aspects. I often wonder how people have trouble choosing between the two."

~Lady Xaniphera, preistess of Slaanesh
Zentaricai
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Zentaricai »

I think the best part of this army will be the Chaos Knights. Imagine a unit of T4 troops in a block of 30 or 2 units of 20 to tie up enemy units to allow us to really take advantage of our movement on the flanks!

The Chaos Spwan--from what I've heard sound like Fen Beasts that can't be recharged. In a Lustria Battle I would think a Dark Emissary with 3 Fen Beast trudgeing through the swamps of Lustria would be very fluffy (even though they will go down hard to Skink Blowguns).

Lastly--yeah Nude Mounted Daemonetts --what's not to love????
DON'T MONKEY WITH MY BUSINESS
Dark Alliance
Morathi's Favoured
Morathi's Favoured

Post by Dark Alliance »

Icon Hack wrote:
I'll wait for the final list, but I'm concerned, like half of my models will be rendered useless.

Only if you choose to play the variant list.

Exactly the point. You don't have to use the variant list.

Remember everyone, the point of this thread is to give everyone an idea of what to start modeling. After all the rumors for the past few months, I wouldn't expect any of it to be a big surprise to anyone really.

One follow up question DA, did Anthony give you any indication when the official lists might be released to the public? I would expect that there will be a teaser in WD about a month or two before the release of the SoC Book, too, no?

They have no firm date yet, but Anthony did say they would probably post rough drafts of all the lists on the GW web site some time before :D
Dark Alliance
Morathi's Favoured
Morathi's Favoured

Post by Dark Alliance »

Ragnarok wrote:Are witch elves allowed since them being Khaine and all?

No. No aspects of Khaine at all, so forget Exe's / Manticore / Harpies / Deathmask etc etc etc........

LordFoulBane wrote:hrmmmm a demon prince will be interesting - we've had few options with respect combat mages in the past. With their flight they will work really well with a few DR units close by.
I can see alot of peeps switching their knights for the chaos alternative - really no contest there chosen or not.

No to Daemon Prince and Exalted Daemon. The KOS is in :shock:
Dark Alliance
Morathi's Favoured
Morathi's Favoured

Post by Dark Alliance »

Zentaricai wrote:
The Chaos Spwan--from what I've heard sound like Fen Beasts that can't be recharged. In a Lustria Battle I would think a Dark Emissary with 3 Fen Beast trudgeing through the swamps of Lustria would be very fluffy (even though they will go down hard to Skink Blowguns).

No Dogs of War units either.
Misda
Noble

Post by Misda »

Wow.
Just from a modeling aspect, its really cool.
I have always been a fan of the new chaos deamons (compaired to the 5th edition stuff).
I will look forward to painting a unit up and giving it a try.

If they are allowing Chaos Knights and Chaos Warriors, I am wondering where that will leave Cold One Knights.
I dont think you could argue that Cold One Knights are a better option. I would take Chaos Knights almost any day of the week over our stupid Knights (not that I dont love my Cold One Knights...)
Same goes for warriors... A unit of warriors that can actually go in to combat and win rather than just holding a unit up and waiting for the Executioners to flank =p

Should be interesting. I cant say im a big fan of just taking some chaos troops and some dark elf troops and making a new list. Seems kinda weak =p I wish they had some new stuff in there too. Of course, they might just be tight lipped about that stuff =)

Thanks for the info!!
Dark Alliance
Morathi's Favoured
Morathi's Favoured

Post by Dark Alliance »

Wait for the full list ;)
Lord Veshnakar
Highborn

Post by Lord Veshnakar »

I have never been a real fan of the chaos/dark elves cult of slannesh thing but first off this is a great way to add some colorful new units into your army as well as a ton of new tactics to work with, am I the only one that knows the merits of chaos knights and slannesh magic in an elf army, not to mention if units get the mark of slannesh they will be immune to psychology which will help us a ton, this is so exciting, I might be able to stand a chance now against SaD with the slannesh magic, daemonettes on steeds and 1+ armor save chaos knights. Plus can anyone imagine how insanely fast of an army list you would be able to make?

@Dark Alliance: This is going to basically be combining both of your armies somewhat isn't it , I bet that's a thrill :).
Last edited by Lord Veshnakar on Thu Jan 29, 2004 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Do unto others before they do unto you."
Sha'a'alaar
The Ancient One
Location: Not eating a bacon sandwich, near Brighton, Britain

Post by Sha'a'alaar »

A question for you guys.

As someone who has only played DEs (in WHFB) where is the best place to get info on these units/troop choices? Should I be looking to buy the Chaos army book? Or is there something else?

Thanks for any help.

Sha'a'alaar
Darkspear
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Darkspear »

I am thinking of fielding 8 cold one knight and 8 damonette cavalry. this will give me 2 powerful fear-causing cavalry units. What do u guys think of the following list. I think i will have enough points

1 Lvl 4 sorcerous with dark magic (I m a druchii at heart)

1 Lvl 2 Sorcerous with slanesshi magic

1 noble with COK

20 Spearmen
12 Xbowmen
5 darkriders

8 COK
8 daemonette steeds
5 daemonette steeds

2 rbt

I will not mention anything abt items as i believe our options are not fixed yet. this is just a rough list .comments pls

As u see my Cult of Pleasure army is based on speed and hitting power. I used to have witch elves and i am now using daemonette steeds to fufill the witch elf's role, onli now i m even faster. I will not use chaos mortals as they are human(racist elf)
In my land, everyone calls me the darkspear. The most famous spearmen commander of all.
Malekithau
Silver Khaine Winner

Post by Malekithau »

1 Lvl 4 sorcerous with dark magic (I m a druchii at heart)

1 Lvl 2 Sorcerous with slanesshi magic

1 noble with COK

20 Spearmen
12 Xbowmen
5 darkriders

8 COK
8 daemonette steeds
5 daemonette steeds

2 rbt

I'd assume that the general (assuming your HS is she) will have to have a MOS.

Remember that the magic number of Slaanesh is 6 so have 2 units of 6 MDs, 6 DRs etc You get the idea.
" If I wanted to roll a million dice I'd play Yahtzee!"
Lordfoulbane
Black Guard

Post by Lordfoulbane »

I have a very cool Slaneesh Sorceress (carbon dated to around 4th Ed) that I've kept for many years without knowing why - seems her time has come... picture a witch Elf with the head of a fly (bulging eyes); horns and weilding a staff shaped in the symbol of Slannesh - anyone out there seen the model??? - Anyhoo if I get a chance to paint it I'll post the pics...
Dark Alliance
Morathi's Favoured
Morathi's Favoured

Post by Dark Alliance »

sha'a'alaar wrote:A question for you guys.

As someone who has only played DEs (in WHFB) where is the best place to get info on these units/troop choices? Should I be looking to buy the Chaos army book? Or is there something else?

Thanks for any help.

Sha'a'alaar

My honest opinion is that whilst I do not know the actual content of the Summer of Chaos book, I doubt that it will include any of the information you are looking for. You really will need to buy the Hordes of Chaos army book.
Hari
Noble

Post by Hari »

I have read some horrorifing posts in this tread; are you serious when you speak of units of 30 chaos knights or two unit of 20? (Zentaricai) in 2000 pts game it will be at least half the army! I hope you will play such a monstrosity only in 10.000 pts battles! Some others said that if Dark elves can have chaos Knights and warriors there will be no COK! (Misda) And last but no least the possibility of having elves with the mark of chaos! (Lord Vesnakar)

If the list of the CoP could be used over the SoC campaign i will pray all this people to don’t field such a chaos army and call it Druchii army! If you like lists full with Chaos Knights, Chaos Warriors and Daemonette mounted and not, some daemon prince and exalted chaos champion go to play some Chaos army from the chaos book please!

Thank you!
i'm what i'm, that's what i'm!
www.utenti.lycos.it/ritornodelre
Durloth
Highborn

Post by Durloth »

... Not to be a spoilsport, but it sounds like it`s going to be a lot of "powerplaying" going on in Lustria...

Wellwell... I guess playstyles are one of these things that`s not my buisniess to judge...
...Some are born to sweet delight
Some are born to endless night...

My Dark Elf army: http://www.druchii.net/viewtopic.php?p=785039#785039

My general WFB plog: http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=190654
Malekithau
Silver Khaine Winner

Post by Malekithau »

... Not to be a spoilsport, but it sounds like it`s going to be a lot of "powerplaying" going on in Lustria...

Wellwell... I guess playstyles are one of these things that`s not my buisniess to judge...

Far from it. This is not a no brainer army by any means. Regular DE armies will still be a graet choice better maybe ;)
" If I wanted to roll a million dice I'd play Yahtzee!"
Lordfoulbane
Black Guard

Post by Lordfoulbane »

hari wrote:I have read some horrorifing posts in this tread; are you serious when you speak of units of 30 chaos knights or two unit of 20? (Zentaricai) in 2000 pts game it will be at least half the army! I hope you will play such a monstrosity only in 10.000 pts battles! Some others said that if Dark elves can have chaos Knights and warriors there will be no COK! (Misda) And last but no least the possibility of having elves with the mark of chaos! (Lord Vesnakar)

If the list of the CoP could be used over the SoC campaign i will pray all this people to don’t field such a chaos army and call it Druchii army! If you like lists full with Chaos Knights, Chaos Warriors and Daemonette mounted and not, some daemon prince and exalted chaos champion go to play some Chaos army from the chaos book please!

Thank you!

Please don't be ridiculous... we are just brainstorming here - criticare e facile perche non offre qualche idea tua invece...
Dark Alliance
Morathi's Favoured
Morathi's Favoured

Post by Dark Alliance »

Lord Veshnakar wrote:I have never been a real fan of the chaos/dark elves cult of slannesh thing but first off this is a great way to add some colorful new units into your army as well as a ton of new tactics to work with, am I the only one that knows the merits of chaos knights and slannesh magic in an elf army,

It should be pointed out that Slaanesh magic will enhance the DEs even without having to resort to Chaos Mortals. ;)

not to mention if units get the mark of slannesh they will be immune to psychology which will help us a ton, this is so exciting, I might be able to stand a chance now against SaD with the slannesh magic, daemonettes on steeds and 1+ armor save chaos knights.

The Knights will not be chosen, nor will the warriors ( thankfully :roll: )

Plus can anyone imagine how insanely fast of an army list you would be able to make? I am honesly more giddy then a japanese schoolgirl.

@Dark Alliance: This is going to basically be combining both of your armies somewhat isn't it , I bet that's a thrill :).

Yeah, it is actually. Especially as I have just finished painting up 2000pts of Chaos Slaanesh. It certainly gives me a good start regarding fielding painted units :D

Lucas buck
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Lucas buck »

Personally I would rather have a pure druchii army than have a slaanesh army although if you were to ask me about khorne.......... :twisted: !
"Raziel,we are all bound by the shackles of destiny bar you, you have true free will."

-Kain, legacy of kain:defiance
/\\//\
Hunter Of The Night

Post by /\\//\ »

hari wrote:I have read some horrorifing posts in this tread; are you serious when you speak of units of 30 chaos knights or two unit of 20? (Zentaricai) in 2000 pts game it will be at least half the army! I hope you will play such a monstrosity only in 10.000 pts battles! Some others said that if Dark elves can have chaos Knights and warriors there will be no COK! (Misda) And last but no least the possibility of having elves with the mark of chaos! (Lord Vesnakar)

Thank you!

I doubt this list will just be the Chaos list with some Dark Elf units added to it. I expect there will be more restrictions for Chaos units as it is a Dark Elf army at heart.
Malachi
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Malachi »

I look forward to fielding a dark elf/slaanesh list. Imagine it, immune to psych and being the fighters we are, it will enable us to really stick it to the enemy.

I personally would get a nice big block of chaos warriors flanked by speaman and rxb followed by some fast cav, hmm which to choose.....

Bring on the plundering(of Lustria) and the sundering(of the Ausr).
Darkspear
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Darkspear »

Remember that the magic number of Slaanesh is 6 so have 2 units of 6 MDs, 6 DRs etc You get the idea

why is the magic number 6. pls explain. thanks
In my land, everyone calls me the darkspear. The most famous spearmen commander of all.
Jeffleong13
Warmaster of Slaanesh

Post by Jeffleong13 »

Each chaos deity has a sacred number ...

Slaanesh's number is 6
Nurgle's number is 7
Khorne's number is 8
Tzeentch's number is 9

It's a fluff thing - if you are going to really follow Slaanesh, you adhere to the sacred number ...

J
Heldrak
Renegade Priest of Vaul

Post by Heldrak »

I have a very cool Slaneesh Sorceress (carbon dated to around 4th Ed) that I've kept for many years without knowing why - seems her time has come... picture a witch Elf with the head of a fly (bulging eyes); horns and weilding a staff shaped in the symbol of Slannesh - anyone out there seen the model???

That sounds like the Kal'krotg Chaos Witch figure seen here:
http://www.solegends.com/citcat912/c202 ... rors-m.htm

DA are both foot & mounted Marauders going to be available in the SOC DE/Slaanesh list?
Hari
Noble

Post by Hari »

When the list of the Cult will be out i will spend a max of 200 pts in my 2000 pts list to take daemonette (mounted or not i must see) instead of my chariots and that is all! In this tread will not “brainstorm” on how will be cool to take 30 chosen chaos knights or other silly thing without knowing if i can actually do this.

In the CoP list there wan’t be any Khaine related unit, is a mutter of fact, so i will look for any unit that can replaced the one that are forbidden! Usually i play with Corsairs, DR, COK, RBT and all this unit will be in my list; plus i usually use a COC and some Harpies (less than 200 pts) and i hope to replace them with mounted daemonettes, cause i like the models and the tactical possibilities they gives at my fast striking army!
i'm what i'm, that's what i'm!
www.utenti.lycos.it/ritornodelre