Benefits of SOC campaign

Old campaign - Where the druchii members discussed the Storm of Chaos campaign.

Moderators: Underway, The Dread Knights

Sephiroth10
Shade

Benefits of SOC campaign

Post by Sephiroth10 »

Since we will probably get a benfit or two if we do well in the SOC Campaign, what do you think we should get. Lustria has a lot of Cold Ones so it would be cool if we got to take CoK as core choices because with the taking of some of Lustria we will get more Cold Ones to make more CoK. Anybody else have any ideas?
Drasanil
Dru Perim

Post by Drasanil »

Hmmm frog soup?

Seriously a carnosaur would be nice, some looted lizard men items, skink and kroxigor slaves, new type of dark elf unit perhaps riding teradons or having special rules adapted to jungle warfare.
The truth behind the Sundering:
Rork wrote:High Elf: "I'm not fat!"
Dark Elf: "Of course you're not, dear. You've just grown lazy and indolent and wrecked the inheritance for our children!"
High Elf: "I want a divorce."
Underway
Silver Khaine Winner

Post by Underway »

Well the benifit that I can see are more obvious and yet less obivious at the same time.

The first benifit is that we get an entirely new army list to play with. The CoP list. That in and of itself is a very good thing. Hopefully there are a few new magical items that come along with it.

The other benifit is that we will be able to influence the fluff for the DE. No more "good guy hero saves the day and routes the army" crap. If we do well and are organized the fluff will register that information and we can gloat about it. As far as other rewards I don't know. We will see...
Drek
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Drek »

I don't see GW giving us new units AFTER the campaign. New items like they did with Albion, maybe. The CoP and maybe some new items (if we do well) are about all we can expect in game terms.

The other benefit will be like Underway said, that we bascially get to write our own story by our wins and losses. It's like a 'Choose Your Own Adventure' book, only WAY better.
Wolfsong
Cold One Knight

Post by Wolfsong »

Slaves would be nice, saurus for shock troops or even skinks for skirmishers. :twisted:
Dekhalan
Highborn

Post by Dekhalan »

The most important thing will be carving out a new history for the Druchii.

To be honest, I don't really care what extra units/troops we get, if any.
Last edited by Dekhalan on Wed Feb 18, 2004 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
...And so it came to pass that the foul elf known as DEKHALAN CHILLWIND invaded our fair shores. This fiend began a campaign of killings, rapings, lootings, enslavings and burnings, sparing neither age nor sex...
Chronicle of Walter of Lyonesse
Maldor
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Maldor »

Perhaps new toxins distilled from Slaan blood?
Lock up your children, shut all windows tight.
The Witch Elves are hunting for victims tonight.
When old hags do knock at your door, you must hide,
Your death is the gift sought by Khaine's pretty brides.
Ostron
Assassin

Post by Ostron »

I wonder about the idea that the fluff will be evolved very much. As has been mentioned and rementioned, we don't have a central role in this campaign. While I think it would be nice to see a nice page or two of fluff detailing our exploits in the campaign, I can just as easily see all of our efforts reduced to:

"Meanwhile, the Dark Elves engaged in some raids against Lustria, forcing the Lizardmen to defend their homes and treasure."

Or something like that.
Zentaricai
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Zentaricai »

I think the best prize we could come back fom Lustria with is the Bloated--already dead carcass of Kroak and make the Frog-Corpse do our bidding!

Imagine a bunch of Dark Riders dragging it along the ground!!!!!
DON'T MONKEY WITH MY BUSINESS
Dekhalan
Highborn

Post by Dekhalan »

Ostron wrote:"Meanwhile, the Dark Elves engaged in some raids against Lustria, forcing the Lizardmen to defend their homes and treasure."

Ostron, if that happened I would fly into a rage and burn GWHQ to the ground :twisted:

No, if all goes well we will get the respect we deserve on the rerelease of our Army Book - plenty of fluff detailing our glories.
...And so it came to pass that the foul elf known as DEKHALAN CHILLWIND invaded our fair shores. This fiend began a campaign of killings, rapings, lootings, enslavings and burnings, sparing neither age nor sex...
Chronicle of Walter of Lyonesse
Arquinsiel
Shadowdancer

Post by Arquinsiel »

The other benefit will be like Underway said, that we bascially get to write our own story by our wins and losses. It's like a 'Choose Your Own Adventure' book, only WAY better.

As long as the fluff-writer's don't screw us. I'd like poisoned crossbows for our shades, maybe the ability to take an extra hand weapon. An interesting arcane item or two (which apparently we're getting anyway)would be good.
ImageImageImageImage
faerthurir wrote:Arq kicked me in the gyros.