News Pool

Throw your ideas for Druchii.net around in here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Morriston burns
Executioner

News Pool

Post by Morriston burns »

I run a website for an organisation in a certain massive healthcare organisation on a certain rainy (although not today!) isle somewhere in the North Sea, and one of the facilities we have is an automated news facility, kind of like a news pool. Any website in the pool can post a news item and it will be shared between all the others. Would it be possible or desireable to do something similar here? There seem to be plenty of forums springing up, and Druchii.net seems to be something of a market leader. I'm sure there would not be a lack of news if enough people got on board.

Any thoughts?
I've got fluid on my Shatner's Bassoon.
Dark 1
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Dark 1 »

well i think its a good idea, but i might not be easy to get someone to do it or what?
Kill them with swords, kill them with lances and spears, kill them with the bolts of your crossbows. Kill their warriors, kill their children, thier elderly and thier sick. Kill their hounds, cattle and their livestock. But above all, kill with pleasure.
Sneaky
Daemon Prince

Post by Sneaky »

Actually, that's a very good idea. Portent.net is a sort of unofficial news pool anyway since it's pretty much the centre of rumour in the GW gamers' internet world, but a real one would be a great idea.

I'll pass this idea along to the other admins and maybe the admins from other sites.
Goodbye.
Morriston burns
Executioner

Post by Morriston burns »

Not sure about the mechanics of it, but if you get enough sites contributing to the pool it pretty much runs itself, once it has been put together that is.
I've got fluid on my Shatner's Bassoon.