Is it clean up time?

Throw your ideas for Druchii.net around in here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

The dark prince
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by The dark prince »

Just an idea as to the idea of losing ranks. Maybe Kitrik or someone could assign a team of well known and respected people (i.e. off the top of my head Dark Alliance, Underway, Sureal and so on...mods and administrators) to, when they see a good post that shows good content, give the person a pm and maybe find some way of adding a rank/award to their profile thats shows recognition for the post. For example malekithau's MSU topic etc. Just a thought...
Thalimacil
Shade
Location: ever feel as if your eyes are closed? thats where i am

Post by Thalimacil »

on behalf of everyone i would like to thank... oh, wait, they havent said who yet....

:oops:

...sorry
Ask me a question, i wont mind, it wont be me who risks execution...
Nagathi
The Exiled One

Post by Nagathi »

Shadowblade_100 wrote:Just an idea as to the idea of losing ranks. Maybe Kitrik or someone could assign a team of well known and respected people (i.e. off the top of my head Dark Alliance, Underway, Sureal and so on...mods and administrators) to, when they see a good post that shows good content, give the person a pm and maybe find some way of adding a rank/award to their profile thats shows recognition for the post. For example malekithau's MSU topic etc. Just a thought...

That is kinda already done. Have you heard about the Khaine Awards? Those awards are given out to people who have done a great job for the site and the community. These awards will be given out every Quarter along with the Druchii.net Quarterly. You can find it Here.

May Khine Smile Upon You!
//Lord N
Black hydra
The Warlord

Post by Black hydra »

GW boards are better than ours?

Thats almost laughable :? . Just about every forum is better than GW's. They are horrible. They have a low range of diversity, poor community spirit, lack of interest, spamming, flaming, topics don't stay on long enough, there is a lack of features, there is no sense of respect for others... shall I continue. I am sure I could make a page of it.

Although there are minor things that can be done, that statement isn't true at all. Druchii.net is awesome. We have almost 6000 members and many of which don't even play dark elves. We have the largest non-official website for warhammer.

Don't feel bad Kitrik, they don't know what there talking about.
There once was a High Elf named Bill
He went out and fought with all his will
Along came the hydra
and fried Bill with fire
And that was the end of poor Bill.
----
Try out the Warlord at http://www.druchii.net/tbf/Warlord_v1.00.zip
Nineswords
Highborn

Post by Nineswords »

The suggestions on here are very good, I would like to expound further on a couple:

Now SOC has been released, people will go, simple as that. However, this site started off as a druchii site, and though it still is, it has become more than that, into one of the bese, if not the best Wargaming community on the net. The trick to riasing the standards more is to improve what we already have.

Yes, have an index of good articles, or 'essential' articles like the tactica thread for the general forums. So many new people often start with something like 'How do you convert a Noble' and there are about 6 threads similar to this. Like the armour article in the monthly, I propose we make a 'How to convert a noble' thread and split it down to mounted/unmounted and so on. This is already being addressed by certain members of the P&M forum, but its something that could be spread further.

Secondly, the iniatives are now the reason people keep coming back, the quality of the iniatives is great but that needs to show through, and be made even more public than it already is - maybe having 'iniative updates' once in a while to whet peoples appetites of what they could be expecting in the monthlys.

The monthly for me sums up the boards. Its a great FREE magazine that needs some minor tweaks - the cooperation between all the iniatives has made the monthly much better in recent months, but still can be improved further. I think with some changes, particularly on the magazine layout (design issues that some of us have been working on in conjunction with the editors) and we'll have something that will rival Fanatic magazine at the least, and is certainly better than any other internet zine ive read.

Have faith and be proud of what druchii.net has become.
ProjectEgo wrote:Knights have Ld 8. Read more.
- Project Ego rules Druchii.net with an iron fist.
Nineswords
Highborn

Post by Nineswords »

Imdat Tauble wrote:
IMO, Nominal annual membership should never happen. I will not allow those who have trouble sending money overseas or who dont have a credit card to be left out, not to mention the people who are financially disadvantaged. I think I would leave the site should I see this happening, and I think that it will be a very sad day indeed if and when it does.

I concur, youll be losing a LOT of members if you have to pay for the priveledge of posting on here.
ProjectEgo wrote:Knights have Ld 8. Read more.
- Project Ego rules Druchii.net with an iron fist.
Nagathi
The Exiled One

Post by Nagathi »

Nineswords wrote:Now SOC has been released, people will go, simple as that. However, this site started off as a druchii site, and though it still is, it has become more than that, into one of the bese, if not the best Wargaming community on the net. The trick to riasing the standards more is to improve what we already have.
Couldn't agree more.

Yes, have an index of good articles, or 'essential' articles like the tactica thread for the general forums. So many new people often start with something like 'How do you convert a Noble' and there are about 6 threads similar to this. Like the armour article in the monthly, I propose we make a 'How to convert a noble' thread and split it down to mounted/unmounted and so on. This is already being addressed by certain members of the P&M forum, but its something that could be spread further.
Discuss it with SwedenPack, he is in charge over there and it is he who decides what to have as stickies and what not to have.

Secondly, the iniatives are now the reason people keep coming back, the quality of the iniatives is great but that needs to show through, and be made even more public than it already is - maybe having 'iniative updates' once in a while to whet peoples appetites of what they could be expecting in the monthlys.
That is for the ambassadors, and I personally tries to announce most of what is interesting. I often say in a thread something like "You can read more about this in the July issue of the Monthly", which hopefully makes people want to read it.

The monthly for me sums up the boards. Its a great FREE magazine that needs some minor tweaks - the cooperation between all the iniatives has made the monthly much better in recent months, but still can be improved further. I think with some changes, particularly on the magazine layout (design issues that some of us have been working on in conjunction with the editors) and we'll have something that will rival Fanatic magazine at the least, and is certainly better than any other internet zine ive read.
Heh, I've only heard you say this as a quick note in a MSN conversation, and I am the Editor in Cheif. PM more details if you have any.

Loremaster Nagathi