Check my Druchii out!

Discover the age-old techniques of painting...

Moderators: Layne, xFallenx, cultofkhaine

Forum rules
Remember that picture file size should be no larger than 256KB.
For the full Painting and Modelling rules, visit [url]http://www.druchii.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=27440[/url]
Mr.moth
Cold One Knight

Check my Druchii out!

Post by Mr.moth »

Well, this is a photogallery of my girlfriend's lizards, but some of my Druchii have succesfully invaded! :twisted:

So, pray tell what do you make of

http://img57.photobucket.com/albums/v17 ... /Pegaz.jpg - My nobless on 5th edition Dark Pegasus

http://img57.photobucket.com/albums/v17 ... tikora.jpg - My highborn(ess) on Manticore with GoP

http://img57.photobucket.com/albums/v17 ... Kocija.jpg - My nobless in a chariot

and finally...

http://img57.photobucket.com/albums/v17 ... /Hidra.jpg

the unique, the beloved, the venerable - Royal War Hydra Mylytza (first made way back in 1999!)
Children do not converse. They say things.
Lord meaglin
Highborn

Post by Lord meaglin »

love the hydra :D
hullo wat yar du in ahrrr
Manwe
Highborn

Post by Manwe »

WOW really great work here... couldn't have done it....
Pirateering the #1 Dutch national hobby 1600-1700...

--------------
Group 24
Khaleth
WS: 4 S: 4 T: 4 D: 3 I: 3

Equipment: Long Sword, Spear, Shield, Light Armour and Wolfskin cloack. 145 Gold.

Skills: -
Dark harlequin
Highborn

Post by Dark harlequin »

Nice one, very good conversions, though I don't like the Pegasus' head (too much hair). But the rest looks great. :D
It's a conspiracy...
Black hydra
The Warlord

Post by Black hydra »

The colors seem a little muted... maybe its just the photo. This is more personal preference but I like using strong, vibrant colors on my models. Of course, if you dislike that approach then its entirely up to you.

The photo isn't bad but it does make it hard to tell what faults are the photo's and which are actually on the model.

Even so, excellent job. Definetely some of the best on the site.
There once was a High Elf named Bill
He went out and fought with all his will
Along came the hydra
and fried Bill with fire
And that was the end of poor Bill.
----
Try out the Warlord at http://www.druchii.net/tbf/Warlord_v1.00.zip
Viciousofkhaine
Warrior

Post by Viciousofkhaine »

Nice Conversions, I know i couldnt have done it. It looks good, but I dont like it that much. Just a personal thing like blackhydra said. Looks EXTREMLY good though dont take me wrong. :)
He was a beast that lost his fangs. Thats why hes dead. The same goes for you.
Evilzealot
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Evilzealot »

I like it alot, the first pegasi rider is very cool (not a huge fan of the scaley peg though). The Hydra is also very nice, and I like how the chains have a dual funtion of making sure the apprentices stay within the required range 8). Cheers and good luck in the future.
Walpurgis
Corsair

Post by Walpurgis »

SWEET :shock: . Nice conversions, i especially like the hydra and manticoree.
You turn to me with all your worldly greed and lies, but will you turn to me when its your turn to die
Hitoni
Assassin

Post by Hitoni »

yup nothing like a baby hydra from the warmaster range, overall nice painted and conversions, what did you use to make the stone your manticore is standing on?
Initiative comes to thems that wait
Juggling bear
Trainee Warrior

Post by Juggling bear »

the pics are pixelated, but they seem good and well painted. which model is the nobless? I like it ,not gw I think
http://www.earthalchemist.com

palaentology, fossils, dinosaurs & nice pics
Mr.moth
Cold One Knight

Post by Mr.moth »

Yeah, the pics could be better. I swear the colours are much more lively and better distinguished in reality. Didn't have a better digicam though.

@Juggling Bear: the nobless is a Reaper Red Lioness. I like the idea of Elf chicks being so dextrous (or full of... initative) that they can stand on the backs of their flying mounts. Hence the large mane i sculpted - for her to hold on to. :D

@Hitoni: the stone is polyuretane... Damn, I'm not sure if that's what its called in English.. It had a pink colour which i liked and it has a much better sponge-like consistency than styrofoam (no little balls of it detaching themsleves when you cut it)
Hitoni
Assassin

Post by Hitoni »

mr.moth wrote:Yeah, the pics could be better. I swear the colours are much more lively and better distinguished in reality. Didn't have a better digicam though.

@Juggling Bear: the nobless is a Reaper Red Lioness. I like the idea of Elf chicks being so dextrous (or full of... initative) that they can stand on the backs of their flying mounts. Hence the large mane i sculpted - for her to hold on to. :D

@Hitoni: the stone is polyuretane... Damn, I'm not sure if that's what its called in English.. It had a pink colour which i liked and it has a much better sponge-like consistency than styrofoam (no little balls of it detaching themsleves when you cut it)
Just like Insulation Foam?
Initiative comes to thems that wait
Kida
Undercover Asrai

Post by Kida »

mr.moth, the links don't work for me...am I the only one?

But, let me tell you folks, after seeing all the models in person, they really look great! And that chick on a Dark Pegasus is my favourite.
Frijoles negros
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Frijoles negros »

They don't work for me either.
The artist formerly known as Maedhros.

|/^^^^^^^^^^^^^\ |______
|The Pimpmobile runs | |||'""|'"\___,
|over Bunny and Birdyl l||__|__|__|)
|(@)(@)"""""""""""""(@) (@)--------(@)
Voodoomaster
Lord General Of Khaine

Post by Voodoomaster »

Mr.Moth the link doesn't work for me either i thought it was just my P.C at first but it seems it isn't.
"For every victory there is a defeat, for every defeat there is a victory. My victory, my defeat are for all to see..."
Khael Vraneth, Lord-General of Khaine.
Hruggek
Assassin

Post by Hruggek »

MIXAILOOOO!!!! Please fix the links.... I want to see the models up close and personal. 8)
Fluff is cool, fluff is funny, fluff is nice. But fluff will put no dinner on your plate!
Ayidion shadowstalker
Cold One Knight

Post by Ayidion shadowstalker »

very nice i like the colour scheme on the hydra and the noble(ess) i think i might scrap having a sorc and just have two nobles as your female noble looks superb...and im very jelous :P
P.T.B.A.N
Imrael
Beastmaster

Post by Imrael »

Really liked those. Is there some conversion work on the CO's pulling the chariot, or is it just a trick of camera angle. The poses looked better somehow.
Voodoomaster
Lord General Of Khaine

Post by Voodoomaster »

i can finally see them and i love them great conversions i especially like the hydra and the chariot conversions.
"For every victory there is a defeat, for every defeat there is a victory. My victory, my defeat are for all to see..."
Khael Vraneth, Lord-General of Khaine.
Frijoles negros
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Frijoles negros »

It works now. My favorite is the nobless on the pegasus, I like the beheaded asur :twisted:
The artist formerly known as Maedhros.

|/^^^^^^^^^^^^^\ |______
|The Pimpmobile runs | |||'""|'"\___,
|over Bunny and Birdyl l||__|__|__|)
|(@)(@)"""""""""""""(@) (@)--------(@)
Prince of shadow
Noble

Post by Prince of shadow »

I like the nobless on the pegusus and the hydra, nive work you have :D .Kepp up the good work!
Man who fought bravely die quickly, while man who cower and run live to fight another day
Mr.moth
Cold One Knight

Post by Mr.moth »

Sorry guys, I have no idea why the links didn't work for you. maybe it was just a temporary thing with photobucket.com?

Annd Hruggek and KidA - you've seen them up close in person. I'll send you pics if you want to look at them in those long, hot summer nights ;)

Say hello to all the Agram crew for us! Really crappy that Jovana an me can't come to Zagreb this summer to show you our newer work in person... But soon we'll have pics posted!