Civil War scenarios

Old campaign - Where the Druchii Net Online Campaign was discussed

Moderators: Underway, Jeffleong13, The Dread Knights

Dark harlequin
Highborn

Civil War scenarios

Post by Dark harlequin »

To prevent the announcement thread from being flooded with scenarios...
It's a conspiracy...
Dark harlequin
Highborn

Raid the temple scenario 1

Post by Dark harlequin »

Raid the Temple (Skirmish)
A sorceress had summoned a demon to break the temple's walls and raid the temple. After crushing the wall the creature was destroyed by the temple's guard.
Now the Cult of Pleasure starts another raid and sends a small force of its followers to take out the guarding Khainites. If they succeed reinforcements will be sent to bring the cauldron into possession.

Models needed
Attacking forces (CoP):
  • 5 Devoted of Slaanesh
  • 1 Mistress of Devoted with Speed of Slaanesh (leader)
  • 3 Warriors with rxb
  • 3 Daemonettes
Defending forces (Khaine):
  • 4 Witches
  • 1 Hag with Hand of Khaine (leader)
  • 2 Warriors with rxb
  • 6 Warriors with spears and shield

Battlefield:
36'' x 36''
http://www.druchii.net/album_page.php?pic_id=1173
The defender may place three obstacles in the defender's deployment zone.

Deployment:
Defender deploys troops within defender's deployment zone first.
They may deploy in front of the hole, only.
After that the attacker deploys troops somewhere on the battlefield but not within the defender's deployment zone.
Additionaly the attackers must be deployed at least 12'' from any defender.

Objectives:
The attackers have to eliminate the defenders and get into the temple before the end of the 10th turn.

Who goes first?
Both players roll a d6. The player with the highest result decides who goes first.

Aftermath:
If the attackers win this scenario by elimination the defenders completely they cleared the way for reinforcements. --> bonus for CoP in next scenario
If the attackers took out at least the witches the reinforcements will have an easy access to the temple with just a small fight. --> neither side will get a bonus in next scenario
If the attackers didn't achieve one of the above the reinforcements will have to fight hard to get into the temple and will be outnumbered, once inside. --> bonus for Khainites in next scenario
It's a conspiracy...
Dark harlequin
Highborn

Raid the watchtower scenario 1

Post by Dark harlequin »

Into the Tower (Skirmish)
The Cult of Pleasure knows of the importance of the Winds of Magic.
The Cult decides to raid a watchtower in order to get the valued information.
If they act quickly and prevent the messenger from escaping they can come very close to control the tower.

Models needed
Attacking forces (CoP):
  • 1 Mistress with Speed of Slaanesh
  • 5 Devoted of Slaanesh
  • 50 points to spend on marauders and/or Druchii warriors (including equipment)
  • 6 Daemonettes
Defending forces (Khaine):
  • 1 DR herald with rxb
  • 1 bloodshade
  • 5 shades
  • 80 points to spend on Druchii warriors (inlcuding equipment)

Battlefield:
48'' x 36''
http://www.druchii.net/album_page.php?pic_id=1185
Place a tower in the center of the battlefield and a couple of large rocks around it.

Deployment:
Defender deploys troops within 6'' of the tower. The shades may be deployed up to 12'' away from the tower.
The attacker deploys forces 12'' away from defending units ignoring shades. Anyway, no attacker may be deployed closer than 2'' to any shade.

Objectives:
The attackers will have to prevent the herald from leaving the site and eliminate as much defenders as possible before the end of turn 8.

Who goes first?
The attackers go first.

Aftermath:
If the attackers manage to kill the herald before he can leave the site this scenario counts at least as a draw for the attackers.
If the herald leaves the site this scenario counts at least as a draw for the defenders. Note: If the herald flees over the table edge he counts as destroyed, not as escaped.
If the attackers have more models in the defenders' deployment zone at the end of the game they win, otherwise they loose.

The following scenario will be some kind of sorceress duel on top of the tower.
It's a conspiracy...
Nagathi
The Exiled One

Post by Nagathi »

Just don't let it become an all-skirmish campaign. We need some bigger battles where the non-skirmish players can join.

- Nag
Dark harlequin
Highborn

Post by Dark harlequin »

Loremaster Nagathi wrote:Just don't let it become an all-skirmish campaign. We need some bigger battles where the non-skirmish players can join.

- Nag

Patience, young Jedi! ;)
It's a conspiracy...
Vorchild
Master of the Red Legion
Master of the Red Legion

Post by Vorchild »

Would it be worthwhile to craete a skirmish style scenario that had just one assassin from the ToK giong to assassinate some CoS target?
_
The storm is coming...
Are you ready?
Langmann
Malekith's Tastetester & Physician

Post by Langmann »

Vorchild wrote:Would it be worthwhile to craete a skirmish style scenario that had just one assassin from the ToK giong to assassinate some CoS target?

Yes. Dark Harlequins are good, and I do want to also see the Assassin involved in a mini-skirmish.
While running a million dollar company, singing at weddings, and his frequent jetting to Spain Elton Jon style, Dark Alliance found the time to stand on the doorstep of Games Workshop like Moses and the Pharoah and calmly state, "Let my people go."
Dark harlequin
Highborn

Post by Dark harlequin »

Hordes from the North
Defenders are regular Dark Elves with slight modification to the list, while the attackers may be Cult of Slaanesh, Chaos or Orcs and Goblins.

Overwiev
The Cult of Slaanesh and with them the Hordes - be it green or black - storm against the Druchii border defense.
If they manage to break through there way is open to attack the cities of Ghrond, Har Ganeth and even Naggarond itself.
However, if they hesitate the defenders get powerfull reinforcements.

Armies
Both armies are chosen to an agreed points value.
The defender may take one unit of witch elves or executioners as core choice for each available lord slot. These units count against minimum core choices needed but don't use up the lord slot.
This reflects how the Temple of Khaine helps to defend the borders against the enemy.

Battlefield
http://www.druchii.net/album_page.php?pic_id=1192
Place northern wastes terrain.
The defender gets one watchtower for each full 1000 points of agreed army value. (3000 points defender will have 3 watchtowers.)

Deployment
The attacker now may decide to keep up to one half of his units in reserve. They will enter the battlefield over his own long table edge in the first turn (stupid units in reserve count as passing their stupidity test during the first turn).
Both sides roll a d6 to decide who sets his first unit. After that players deploy their units alternating.
The defender's RBTs (if any) are deployed at the same time thought they may be placed in different parts of the battlefield. They may also be placed on top of a watchtower (max one RBT per tower).
Champions are deployed with their unit, all other characters in the army are deployed after all other units, all at the same time.
The defender may deploy scouts (anywhere on the table) after all other units are placed. They may not be deployed closer than 12'' of the attacker's units.
Scouts of the attacker will have to be deployed with the rest of his army but may make one free move before the game starts.

Who goes first?
Both sides roll a d6. The attacker adds +1 to his roll. The player with the highest result decides who goes first.

Length of game
Roll a d6 at the end of the sixth turn. On a 4+ another turn for both sides is fought.
The game will also end if one player gives up.

Special rules
Units of the attackers may decide to charge a watchtower as a normal target (frenzied units don't have to!).
They may decide to either capture or destroy the tower once they are in "close combat".
Only infantry units may try to capture a tower.

To capture a tower the unit has to remain in contact with the tower until the following combat turn (enemy's turn). The unit counts as a normal target until then (can be charged and be shot at). They will climb the tower after that turn and reach the top at the beginning of their own following combat phase.
If there is a RBT on top they count as charging it and will have to fight it. The attacking unit will not get any rank bonus but the RBT gets a defending bonus of +3. Should the attacking unit win the fight and the RBT's crew is killed or flees (killed automatically) the attackers capture the tower. If there is no RBT on top the attackers capture the tower without a fight.
A captured RBT may be used by assigning two warriors (and only DE warriors!) from an attacking unit as crew.

To destroy a tower the unit will have to tear it down. The tower counts as having 6 wounds on toughness 8 and is immune to poison attacks. It's also "unshakable".

RBTs on watchtowers may only be charged by flying units or under the conditions of capturing the tower.

Note: Chaos or Orcs and Goblins may not use captured RBTs!

Victory conditions
Count victory points ignoring table quarters.
The attacker gains +200 victory points for each captured or destroyed watchtower.
The attacker gains +100 victory points for each of his own units in the victory zone, not counting characters and monsters.
The defender gains +200 victory points for each watchtower still intact and not under attackers' control.

Aftermath
If the attackers win this scenario it may open new battlezones like Ghrond and Har Ganeth. To open battlezone at Naggarond should require either a lot of massacres on the CoP side or another fight on the way to Naggarond.
If the border remains defended it may open just the Ghrond battlezone (for larger battles) and probably one battlezone in the mountains between the watchtowers and Har Ganeth.

Note: I intended to make it easier for the attacker to achieve a victory than for the defender. This is for story purposes only. If you disagree feel free to reduce the bonus victory points for the attacker/defender accordingly.
Last edited by Dark harlequin on Wed Jul 14, 2004 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It's a conspiracy...
Alcing ragaholic
Lord of Mod-Assassins

Post by Alcing ragaholic »

The only issue is that the Khaine list will not have RBTs... maybe allowing the regular DE army to also defend instead of only the TOK?

Z
======================
<langmann> hah, I'll take florida over 10 feet of snow/day. My balls sweat and I'm cold and my back is sore from shoveling.

Join the DNet chatroom today!
Dark harlequin
Highborn

Post by Dark harlequin »

AloneAndBurned wrote:The only issue is that the Khaine list will not have RBTs... maybe allowing the regular DE army to also defend instead of only the TOK?

Z

Hm, I see.
Since I think the ToK won't defend the watchtowers on their own the defenders in this scenario might be a regular army with 1+ witches.

Updated the scenario above.
It's a conspiracy...
Anaryin
Lord of the 7th Convent

Post by Anaryin »

Well, I thought about the towers, my idea actually ;) And I thought we 'd have both DE (Tower Garrison) and ToK in one side against CoP and DE (Maybe followers) and Chaos. O&G would be there just for fun :D This way it was easy to have warriors to be in the towers for both sides :)

Anaryin
Dark harlequin
Highborn

Post by Dark harlequin »

Based on Vorchild's idea:

Camping's nothing for pussies - working title (Skirmish)
An assassin has been assigned to infiltrate the camp of an arriving Cult of Slaanesh. His targets are the sorceress Toziril and the noble Gyeld.
If he is successful the deaths of the leaders will weaken the Cult's army.
The Cult is on its way back from Lustria and has build a camp at the Coast of Ashes.

Models needed
Attacking forces (Khaine):
  • 1 Assassin (with normal options)
Defending forces (CoP):
  • 4 guards (DE warriors with hand weapon, light armour, shield and spear)
  • 1 DE warrior lordling (hand weapon, light armour, shield)
  • 4 drunken Chaos marauders (hand weapon)
  • 3 Devoted of Slaanesh
  • 1 noble (Mark of Slaanesh, hand weapon)
  • 1 sorceress (Mark of Slaanesh, lvl 2, Slaaneshi spells 1 and 5)
  • 1 Daemonette

Battlefield:
36'' x 48''
An encampment of the Cult of Slaanesh with a couple of warrior/marauder tents, 1 General's tent and 2 Officer tents.
Set up the battlefield as shown here: http://www.druchii.net/album_page.php?pic_id=1202
Place a fireplace to the center of the camp.

Deployment:
Deploy the guards 1'' in front of the tents (as shown above) facing away from the tent.
The defender deploys the lordling and the marauders 12'' around the fireplace and writes down in which tents the sorceress, the nobel and the daemonette will "rest". Max two of them may be in the same tent (it's Slaanesh, remember). These 3 models may not be used as long as there's no alarm.
The Devoted will remain outside the battlefield until an alarm goes off.
Once the game starts the assassin will enter the battlefield over one of the 6'' egdes (see above).

Objectives:
The assassin will have to take out the sorceress and the noble.

Who goes first?
The attacker goes first.

Special rules:
Protection of Darkness:
Since the assassin will attack under protection of darkness it's night. However, drunken marauders around the fireplace have lots of fun and enjoy playing dangerous games with fire. This causes the fire to burn down in one moment and blaze in the next.
At the beginning of each assassin's turn roll the artillery dice. Double the number shown. This indicates how far in inches the defenders can see. The assassin allways sees at least 12''. In case of a "misfire" use the normal rules.
You cannot shoot, charge or cast spells at targets that cannot be seen.
Before an alarm all of the defender's units only have a 90° viewing angle!

Kill or be killed
The assassin is immune to psychology.

The defender may move the lordling according to normal rules. Roll the scatter die for each marauder in the defender's movement phase and move the marauder d6 inches in this direction.
If the marauder "crashes" into a tent he goes down (knocked down). If he crashes into another model both go down. After the models get up again a guard will get into position again while the marauders scatter around again.
However, once the alarm goes off, this changes drastically.

Alarm
The assassin may try to take out the defender's units using normal rules. If a defender survives the first combat phase he sets off the alarm by screaming, yelling, ringing bells...
If the assassin takes out the defender, he may drag away the victim 6'' per turn. Should a defender detect (see) a victim - either lying around or in the hands of the assassin - he sets off the alarm.
Once the alarm goes off the marauders frenzy and no longer scatter around. They may be moved normally.
However, the rule protection of darkness remains in effect.
In the first defender's movement phase after the alarm the Devoted will enter the battlefield. Roll a scatter die for each Devoted to determine the entering point.
Additionally, the defender may use the sorceress, the noble and the deamonette normally.

Fighting inside a tent
Should the assassin manage to get inside a tent without being detected, resolve a close combat with all combatants. No alarm will be set off, no matter how long a fight takes (it's nothing unusual if there's noise inside a Slaaneshi tent!).
However, should a defender be able to leave a tent the alarm goes off at once.

Aftermath:
If the assassin is stopped before he can kill both leaders the Cult of Pleasure may have a reason to march against Clar Karond and Hag Graef (opening battlezones).
If the assassin succeeds, battlezones of Hag Graef and Clar Karond remain closed. The Druchii join Malekith' attack on Arnhelm, Chaos warriors/marauders scatter and demons go back into the warp...
It's a conspiracy...
Langmann

Post by Langmann »

I like it.
While running a million dollar company, singing at weddings, and his frequent jetting to Spain Elton Jon style, Dark Alliance found the time to stand on the doorstep of Games Workshop like Moses and the Pharoah and calmly state, "Let my people go."
Ansob.
Follower of Malal

Post by Ansob. »

There should be rules for being drunk. Other than that, me likes...
General Kala wrote:
Cenyu wrote:Hail to the King, baby.
All my eloquence fails to express it as well as this.
Dark harlequin
Highborn

Post by Dark harlequin »

langmann wrote:I like it.

A neutral shade of black. wrote:There should be rules for being drunk. Other than that, me likes...

The "scattering" and frenzy rules should reflect the drunken state.
I thought this might be sufficient, as this scenario is based on the assassin and his targets, not drunken marauders. ;)

Thanks, anyway. :)
It's a conspiracy...
Lethalis
Loremaster

Post by Lethalis »

Maybe you could give the assassin a Shade bodyguard? Though I have to say, I like the scenario's. Maybe the Scenario should be called Khaine's Revenge?
Vorchild
Master of the Red Legion
Master of the Red Legion

Post by Vorchild »

As do I. :twisted:
_
The storm is coming...
Are you ready?
Lethalis
Loremaster

Post by Lethalis »

Vorchild wrote:

As do I. :twisted:

Maybe you could tell us why you like it ;).
Dark harlequin
Highborn

Post by Dark harlequin »

Lethalis, Snotling Uniter wrote:Maybe you could give the assassin a Shade bodyguard? Though I have to say, I like the scenario's. Maybe the Scenario should be called Khaine's Revenge?

No, it was designed as a solo run. And why should the assassin take a shade "bodyguard"?

"Khaines's Revenge". Hmm...why revenge?

Maybe you could tell us why you like it .

No need to. As long as they like it - it's ok. ;)
It's a conspiracy...
Lethalis
Loremaster

Post by Lethalis »

"Khaines's Revenge". Hmm...why revenge?

Don't know, just sounds cool. Feel free to make up why it should be revenge.

Lethalis, Snotling Uniter said:
Maybe you could give the assassin a Shade bodyguard? Though I have to say, I like the scenario's. Maybe the Scenario should be called Khaine's Revenge?

No, it was designed as a solo run. And why should the assassin take a shade "bodyguard"?

Because he's homesick?;) No but really, he could take 2 students/adepts, when the opponent scores 2 lucky wounds the Khainite is dead.
Dark harlequin
Highborn

Post by Dark harlequin »

No but really, he could take 2 students/adepts, when the opponent scores 2 lucky wounds the Khainite is dead.

Yep!
What about 1 additional wound for the assassin?
I don't want to give him any support. He's on his own.
It's a conspiracy...
Lethalis
Loremaster

Post by Lethalis »

Maybe a Ward save or something? After all, he remains a Hero, not a lord. Unless you want to make rules for a master assassin.
Dark harlequin
Highborn

Post by Dark harlequin »

Lethalis, Snotling Uniter wrote:Maybe a Ward save or something? After all, he remains a Hero, not a lord. Unless you want to make rules for a master assassin.

If you want a ward save, buy it for 30 points from the ToK. ;)
It's a conspiracy...
Lethalis
Loremaster

Post by Lethalis »

Maybe an upgrade for a better ward save? A single 2 wound 5+ save character going between 15 enemies isn't going to have much of a chance, so either giving him some extra attacking/defensive power wouldn't hurt.
Garbidge
Highborn
Location: House of Heroes, 43 Church Gate, Loughborough, England

Post by Garbidge »

A group of shades sounds good to me, but they're not a 'bodyguard - they're a decoy!