Errdrigar's Temple of Khaine List [2k]

Get critiqued on your latest army here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Errdrigar
Highborn

Errdrigar's Temple of Khaine List [2k]

Post by Errdrigar »

I've been on a vacation for a while lately, but now I'm back with a quite interesting list. Finally I have found a time to read the Druchii Monthly. As you know, there is a very nice article of Grogsnot about Cauldron of Blood. I didn't like pure 'Khaine Lists' very much, but this article convinced me to try to make a one. So here it is:

HEROES: 556 Pts

Noble [179]
- General
- Halberd
- Lifetaker
- Blood Armour
- mounted on Dark Pegasus

Noble [176]
- Lance
- Seal of Ghrond
- Repeating Crossbow
- Shield
- Heavy Armour
- Sea Dragon Cloak

Noble [201]
- Lance
- Deathmask
- Repeating Crossbow
- Shield
- Heavy Armour
- Sea Dragon Cloak

CORE: 424 Pts

5 Dark Riders [127]
- Musician
- Repeating Crossbow

5 Dark Riders [127]
- Musician
- Repeating Crossbow

10 Warriors [85]
- Shields
- Musician

10 Warriors [85]
- Shields
- Musician

SPECIAL: 648 Pts

10 Witch Elves [130]

10 Witch Elves [130]

2 Cold One Chariots [194]
- Spears

2 Cold One Chariots [194]
- Spears

RARE: 372 Pts

10 Black Guard [167]
- Musician

Cauldron of Blood [205]

TOTAL: 2000 Pts

Summary:
Casting Pool: 2
Dispel Pool: 3
Models in Army: 71
Number of Units: 15

I started creation of the list with the troops that I want have in it. Just after adding CoB and two units of WE I've been possessed by a very evil thought - what can do four chariots with an ability to re-roll impact hits that fail to wound... I just couldn't resist...

As my charecters choices I decided to combine my Triad (3 pegasus riders) with the power of Cauldron. But as I wanted to have max possible number of units, I went for the Ras' idea of downgrading Highborn to Noble. I also threw out a Sorceress, because with her list wouldn't be fluffy so much. I know that I have very weak magic defence. But I have 5 units that can go for active mage hunting if necessary, so I'm not afraid about magic phase so much.

With all those points saved I finally have found a place where I can use a unit of BG. Theirs offensive abilities will be a great support here and it is nice to have a unit that can easly hold a charge.

So guys, what do you think about something like that ? Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.
Last edited by Errdrigar on Mon Aug 23, 2004 8:40 am, edited 2 times in total.
The dark prince
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by The dark prince »

It looks nice...but I think that for a true Khaine list you would need an Assassin. With Manbane + RoK, he can take on most scouts and fast cav units, and with his high LD, he can also tie up units for a few turns by charging them in the flank/rear. Drop one of the Nobles to fit him in. Also, I have found DR crossbows to never be of much worth, maybe drop one/both of the x-bows and add a couple more BG. MSU works very well with the Cauldron, because with so many models coming to bear in combat, you can really use the re-rolls. With the chariots...do you re-roll the amount of impact hits, which is what I gather from your post, or the actual failed rolls to wound, which is what I thought. Nice list and fluffy, but I would add in an Assassin.

TDP
Mtucache
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Mtucache »

I think you've really captured the essence of a Khaine list, and really maximized the effects of the CoB.... but I can't imagine there will be a whole lot of people pleased to see four chariots and three pegasus! If you cut that down to two and two I think you'd get a much better reaction.

The extra points could go into an assassin (as TDP pointed out), or into beefing up those WE units. Ten Witches just seems way too small without any magic defense and all the shooting out there. I'd be surprised to see either of these make it into combat intact, and you'd probably lose one unit entirely to shooting/magic.
Rasputinii
M-A-D

Post by Rasputinii »

Errd, I always find your lists fascinating and this is far from being an exception. In a few words, "I love it!" I have seen a lot of TOK lists in my time and most fo them have never truely convinced me, but this list is truely tasty. Too many times have I seen an assassin thrown in for good measure, when really he adds very little (bear in mind I am now a huge fan of scouting assassins) to such lists. In the case of your list I am certain such a change would be more then detramental to your list and battles.

I do have one concern however (don't I always ;)), and that is the DR, or more over, the lack of DRs. Not that its a true lack, but a lack none the less. I would deffinatly recormend a third unit. I have recently ebgun using three units of the said troops and have come to acknowledge that they really are best used in threes. To get the points I would loose on Warrior unit and a RXB from a noble.

Another minor point is the WEs. Whilst a big frontage does seem aluring witht he heightened number of attacks I have come to greatly respect using 12 in 4x4. This grants you a huge 12 attacks and a basic +2 CR, which is very tasty. They are also more liekly to hold a charge in this manor. However this is a personal thing and a problem with the points. But I would urge you to concider this for one or both units.

Lastly, leaving the negative behind its time to be more positive :D Things that I must express my sheer love for are the following:
1) The chariots. 4 Is genious. A combi charge of two of these shoudl win a combat on the charge with ease. :D FANTASTIC!
2) The Triad. Superb idea banging them in with the cauldron. Truely fantastic again. I just love it. Its a shame they may often be out of range, but this is not a real problem as the stuff they are attacking out of range is living on borrowed time (mages and warmachines).
3) The use of three nasty combat units (BG with their re roll everything) and the two WE units. Lovely.
4) The cheap warrior units. Am I right in thinking they either shield the WEs or guard the cauldron against those sort of armies. Clever indeed.

Once again Errd you serve to inspire others :D I may have to nick this list too ;). One last question: Do you haveall the models for these armies. Its just that all your new list are basically completly different, so either you have the hugest selection of troops, or your like proxies ;)
Pleased to be back
Lord hajjij
Rotting skull on the Glottkin trail

Post by Lord hajjij »

The only thing that I disagree with here is the complete and utter lack of command groups on the main combat units. I think you went too minimalist here. Not one standard in the entire army?

Also, for your witch elves, a hag with manbane would be just sweet in conjuction with the cauldron of blood. Or witchbrew as you prefer.

All in all pretty cool though.
So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong and to strike at what is weak.

-Sun Tzu
Errdrigar
Highborn

Post by Errdrigar »

Wow, that's a lot of suggestions. I like that.

@TDP:

The Dark Prince wrote:It looks nice...but I think that for a true Khaine list you would need an Assassin. With Manbane + RoK, he can take on most scouts and fast cav units, and with his high LD, he can also tie up units for a few turns by charging them in the flank/rear. Drop one of the Nobles to fit him in.

I like Assassins for theirs fluffyness but I think that they aren't worth points that I need spend to take even one. If any I would decide for hidden Assassin with a Touch of Death - I like the view of dying Chaos Lord from one blow. But I like my 3 nasty heroes flying all over the battlefield much more ;)

The Dark Prince wrote:Also, I have found DR crossbows to never be of much worth, maybe drop one/both of the x-bows and add a couple more BG.

I'm also not convinced about the effectiveness of RXB for DR. But as I need as many good mage hunters as I can get, I'll keep them - for now. If they won't work for me than I'll think about what take instead.

The Dark Prince wrote:With the chariots...do you re-roll the amount of impact hits, which is what I gather from your post, or the actual failed rolls to wound, which is what I thought.

Of course - you are right. I must express myself a bit unclear. I'll fix that right now.

@MTU:

MTUCache wrote:I think you've really captured the essence of a Khaine list, and really maximized the effects of the CoB.... but I can't imagine there will be a whole lot of people pleased to see four chariots and three pegasus! If you cut that down to two and two I think you'd get a much better reaction.

I'll be using this list against friends from my gaming club - and they very rarely have anything against my lists composition. I'm sure that view of this list is much better than view of a Highborn on Black Dragon backed by four RBTs ;)

MTUCache wrote:The extra points could go into an assassin (as TDP pointed out), or into beefing up those WE units. Ten Witches just seems way too small without any magic defense and all the shooting out there. I'd be surprised to see either of these make it into combat intact, and you'd probably lose one unit entirely to shooting/magic.

After some more playtesting against lists with above average amount of shooting/magic I'll think about beefing up WE units. So far I have used the list against Beastmen and Tomb Kings (both with medicorate amount of magic (7-9PD)) and there was no troubles with hunting mages down. If there will be such necessity, I can always use my Warriors as a screen for WE. Even if I won't be able to stop spells or hide them from shooting I can afford for lost of one unit - I have enough regiments to archive the main goal anyway.

@Ras: Thanks. I'm glad you like the list so much. :D

RasputinII wrote:I do have one concern however (don't I always ), and that is the DR, or more over, the lack of DRs. Not that its a true lack, but a lack none the less. I would deffinatly recormend a third unit. I have recently ebgun using three units of the said troops and have come to acknowledge that they really are best used in threes. To get the points I would loose on Warrior unit and a RXB from a noble.

Hmm... I never felt a need of having third unit. Two groups of five work very well for me and they almost always manage to do everytnig they are designed for. I used 3 units couple of times, but I hadn't noticed much difference. Could you elaborate on this thought a bit more ? I would like to hear why you find two units not enough.

RasputinII wrote:Another minor point is the WEs. Whilst a big frontage does seem aluring witht he heightened number of attacks I have come to greatly respect using 12 in 4x4. This grants you a huge 12 attacks and a basic +2 CR, which is very tasty. They are also more liekly to hold a charge in this manor. However this is a personal thing and a problem with the points. But I would urge you to concider this for one or both units.

As I said above, I'll think about increasing number of models in units. But I like deploying 10 of them in 6x4 formation to maximalize number of fighting models and still having a rank if unit is undamaged. 12 of them would be nice, although with my aggressive style of playing 10 also should do.

RasputinII wrote:One last question: Do you haveall the models for these armies. Its just that all your new list are basically completly different, so either you have the hugest selection of troops, or your like proxies ;)

I don't have all required models. Yet. I'm still collecting. I just have more ideas for armies than funds for models ;)

@Lord Hajjij:

Lord Hajjij wrote:The only thing that I disagree with here is the complete and utter lack of command groups on the main combat units. I think you went too minimalist here. Not one standard in the entire army?

Why should I need any ? Units are too small to take a risk of loss one (it's a 100VP). If there is a need I can always sacrifice a unit without giving much VP to my opponent. And here I have CoB that should help me greatly in getting suitably high CR. I played many times with CoS army without any standards in the list and I haven't missed them. I don't think I'll need them here.

Lord Hajjij wrote:Also, for your witch elves, a hag with manbane would be just sweet in conjuction with the cauldron of blood. Or witchbrew as you prefer.

Yep, I'm also a fan of a Manbane. But where should I get points for Hags and those poisons ? Maybe it will be next thing to concider if RXB on DR will fail me...

@All: Thank you for your input and suggestions. Any other ideas are welcome.
Rasputinii
M-A-D

Post by Rasputinii »

Cheers Errd, of course I shall elaborate ;)

2 DR units are on the face of it more then enough, generally with them being spread one to either flank in most peoples cases. Now all is well and good untill these very easy to smash units get smashed. Now your down to one, your flank attack from one side is poor to non existance, your back up plan doesn't exist (figerativly speaking ;)). A Third unit lends a hand by beeing there when a unit gets trounced by some sort of attack. Furthermore the ability to wham two units on one flank means you can easily win the fast cav battles and more importantly ensure one unit egts passed the enmy on that flank.

In my regular armies I field three units. Two with RXBs and a msuo and one with just a banner. The two unbannered riders take to one flank with the other DR unit going round the other. The concentrated fire from the armed DR flank is more then enough to inflict a few casulaities and provide a redundancy that I much appreciate.

Any way, I have another two questions I forgot to mention in my last post:

1) I see you have playtested the list, but would you care to inform one of how these battles went and how the list performed.
2) How do you deploy the army, just out of curiosity.
Pleased to be back
Errdrigar
Highborn

Post by Errdrigar »

RasputinII wrote:2 DR units are on the face of it more then enough, generally with them being spread one to either flank in most peoples cases. Now all is well and good untill these very easy to smash units get smashed. Now your down to one, your flank attack from one side is poor to non existance, your back up plan doesn't exist (figerativly speaking ;)). A Third unit lends a hand by beeing there when a unit gets trounced by some sort of attack. Furthermore the ability to wham two units on one flank means you can easily win the fast cav battles and more importantly ensure one unit egts passed the enmy on that flank.

I see your point here. This is absolutely correct way of thinking. But I don't know why do you skip the role of other units. DR often cannot pass enemy flankers just on their own - it's a well known truth. That's why I'm trying always to have something that would help them in their task. For example harpies. Or Triad... I can spread my pegasus riders in a flash - with 20" of fly they can be on a flank in one turn and somewhere else in the next. If I see that DR cannot handle some threat I can always send one of them to help - they are very few flankers who can resist such combination. I also like to deploy 2 DR units on a flank. The other one is left for mine flyiers to clear in that case. There always is a back up plan ;)

RasputinII wrote:I see you have playtested the list, but would you care to inform one of how these battles went and how the list performed.

Sure.

Against Beastmen - Minor Victory (nearly Solid)
Opponent's list:
Beastlord on Chariot
Wargor(BSB) on foot
2 Shamans (2 lvl)
2 Herds
2 Warhounds
2 Ogres
2 more Chariots
Centigors
Dragon Ogres
2 Spawns

Against Tomb Kings - Solid Victory
List:
Tomb King
3 Lich Priests
Tomb Guards
2 Skeletons
3 Ushabti
Swarm
Catapult

And the list worked very nice. Maybe except DR with RXB - that's why I'm not sure about them. I'll give them another chance anyway. Having 4 stupidity test per round is quite funny sometimes but it's worth it :D My units performed pretty well, although against Beastmen two of my peggies ran away due to failed test. But CoB was fantastic. Thanks to revision this rare choice is realy useful now.

RasputinII wrote:How do you deploy the army, just out of curiosity.

Usualy my deployment is a pure improvisation - I just adapt to the shape of terrain and my opponent. I like also redeploy my army in the first turn - to distract enemy battle plan. But when I first time I used this list I deployed simmetrically - for pure fun :lol:
The death jester
Dark Rider
Location: Naggarond, plotting and backstabbing high ranking noble to take their place (Quebec, Canada)

Post by The death jester »

I really like your list! Keeping the triad is really a good idea cause ToK list seem to lack anti-mage capability most of the time (no sorc and all!) but these 3 DP noble +2 unit of DR negate this so it's really a good thing.

Love your idea of special choice as well, maybe the 12 WE could be cool though I see them better in 6-4 formation like you use them, they just end costing less, keeping the MSU style of this list intact (like all the unit never give real high VP)

For the rare choice I'm septic though... the CoB is a no-brainer for sure (in a ToK list hehe) but the BG seem to bring real nothing new IMO...

I know their capability, I use them myself and know how devastating they can be, but in your list I would be tempted to change them for 2 more unit of warriors like the other... (that's just my oppinion though, but as I see this, you would truely outnumber your opponent with a HUGE number of unit being a 16 unit army (counting the CoB)

As a conclusion I agree with most of RasputinII saying: your list rock! and it's true it was a while back we had a list like that (except from DArk Alliance with his Principles...) and even more a ToK one!

Continue with your good works,

Phil
Rasputinii
M-A-D

Post by Rasputinii »

In a list like this Black Guard fufill a complelty different role int he army. They are no longer a anvil, instead a truely tasty hammer. Say he runs them 6-4. Thats 6 attacks, of which all should hit then against a T4 army your looking at 4-5 wounds and against T3 your looking at 5-6 wounds thanks to the Cauldron. Now tell me that is not amazing. Basically thats the reason for BG. A really tasty output with the fact they are re rolling everything in the first turn. And weighing in at just over 160pts thats pretty awsome. My only comment is that this unit should really have a champion to maximise attacks which si what is needed when you only have one base attack.
Pleased to be back
Errdrigar
Highborn

Post by Errdrigar »

Thanks TDJ. About BG, Ras has perfectly explained my intention of using them. Although, I still may use them as an anvil when I'll be forced to do that (it's the only unit in this list that can hold against a charge of heavy cavalry). I would be realy happy if I could find the points to add champion for them (as well as to WE). Anyway your idea with takind 2 units of Warriors instead of them is quite interesting and it would be worth considering but I like BG here very much - I don't have a list where I could include them apart this one and for me they fit here very well.

Cheers.
Ash010110
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Ash010110 »

Very impressive list. Hats off, compadre. Usually, I agree with RasputinII in having 3 units of riders rather than two, but I am at a loss to see what would be dropped. The army composition is solid, and it is my firm opinion that replacing any combination of units to fit the third will make the army as a whole less optimal.

Only one suggestion here: have you found Lifetaker to be truly worth it? If not, you could downgrade it to a mundane RXB, and then give RXBs to two of your chariots. This would give you more dice to throw at the enemy. The re-roll and banshee-killing goodness of LT is nice, but you may find the extra EIGHT shots worth it.

May peace be with you,
Ash
Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
Ash010110
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Ash010110 »

Oh, yes. . . and I forgot to mention: keep the RXBs on the riders!
Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
Errdrigar
Highborn

Post by Errdrigar »

Thanks for comments Ash. :D

About Lifetaker: I like this weapon a lot. And it's quite useful for it's points IMO. Firstly, it helps me greatly in mage hunting - I don't have to waste another turn for finishing off a wizzard what I'm often forced to do when I'm using normal RXB. I can use the oportunity of killing a mage in one turn when he is exposed and I don't need to chase him and risk that he can hide somewhere. Having almost none magical protection I think that I can't take such a risk. Most often if I have a chance to shoot with it, the result is a one dead mage. Another thing is that Lifetaker helps me greatly in getting sufficient ASv for my hero. With normal RXB Blood Armour is less good a bit. And, as you pointed out, it's realy good for killing Banshees (or Furies). Although I'll try out your idea with equiping chariots in crossbows. I naver payed too much attention to this option, but it sounds quite nice.

As I said in one of my posts above RXB on DR units don't work for me too well. So far. But I'm still trying to convince myself to them. I'll follow your advise and I'm going to give them a chance in a couple of next games.

And may peace be with you too Ash.
Lordsaradain
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Lordsaradain »

Intresting list indeed.
the 4 chariots , noble triad pack a real heavy punch. But...2x10 warriors only musician your basically inviting them too flee(just there to fill out the core are they?). Ten black guard...I'd add a few more (12?). Why musician there?, since they're stubborn at Ld9, they wont flee, take a champion instead. Witch elves no hag(no command at all?) why?
Click here to find out how to convert cooler and cheaper models!
(\__/)
(O.o )
(> < ) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!
Danceman
The Devil in Pale Moonlight

Post by Danceman »

EDIT: just saw the point of the BG, the execs would do this task alot better imo but you have filled the specials so.

a good list
"Dying is for fools." - Charlie Sheen
Anthrax
Corsair

Post by Anthrax »

looks like a good fun list

and i also read the article so i know you dont need heaps of shooting and magic... but 3 dd is too few i feel, esp with no scrolls! most armies will be able to get a decent advantage over you with magic...

also, while you have the ability to take out war machines with the pegasii and riders, it is an exepsive option. I don't think this army would fare too well against someone with 2 catapaults, because a direct hit and your chariots die.

while i like the list a whole lot, perhaps it needs a tiny bit more magic defence and shooting, just to bring your opponents in to you - that said, with such small units, i dont imagine many opponents will stay out of combat. Just if your opponent gets 2 rounds of lucky magic shooting, it may well be all over! Esp cause most people in 2000 points have a hero for chariot killing.
You owe nothing to the old god, he is the one who ensure your humiliation and slavery.
Only the power of Slaanesh can bring glory to the Druchii, embrace it.
The death jester
Dark Rider
Location: Naggarond, plotting and backstabbing high ranking noble to take their place (Quebec, Canada)

I already understood the purpose of the BG guys, I'm not THAT newb :lol: but I just found them quite a tasty target for shooting, I know your list offer many more possibility for a shooty opponent but then just supposed they get charged... 160 pts!!! lol, ok ok, they ARE good, but in this list I would use the 4 little warriors squad to bug my opponent with just more target, and keeping pts cost low at the same time

Was just my 2 cents though, your list IS really great! ;)

Phil
Errdrigar
Highborn

Post by Errdrigar »

Thanks again guys.

@LordSaradain:

LordSaradain wrote:But...2x10 warriors only musician your basically inviting them too flee(just there to fill out the core are they?).

Nope - not just to fill the core. They serve very well as a sacrificial unit. I use them to set a traps and as a screen for my WE. Sometimes also as a flankers if there is an opportunity.

LordSaradain wrote:Ten black guard...I'd add a few more (12?). Why musician there?, since they're stubborn at Ld9, they wont flee, take a champion instead.

I want to add more of them but I just don't have points to do that. Musician is here because in a few battles I fought combat with them ended as a tie - I could won if I have a musician. That's why I decided to field one. And I had 7 free points left anyway :lol:

LordSaradain wrote:Witch elves no hag(no command at all?) why?

Again - no Hags due to lack of free points. Maybe do you see any ? Apart a champion WE do not need any command IMO. They very rarely flee or tie, so musician isn't necessary. And unit is too small to risk a loss of a standard.

@Danceman: Execs better in fulfilling task of BG ? I don't understand logic behind that statement at all ;) Please explain your thought. Anyway I don't see a unit that I could drop in favour of them.

@anthrax:

anthrax wrote:and i also read the article so i know you dont need heaps of shooting and magic... but 3 dd is too few i feel, esp with no scrolls! most armies will be able to get a decent advantage over you with magic...

Yes, but I'm prepared to take some damage in first turns. Later mine mage hunters should deal with magical threat.

anthrax wrote:also, while you have the ability to take out war machines with the pegasii and riders, it is an exepsive option. I don't think this army would fare too well against someone with 2 catapaults, because a direct hit and your chariots die.

In my experience catapults are very inaccurate. My opponent will have to have good luck to hit something precious. And removal of catapults is quite easy with 3 flyiers.

anthrax wrote:while i like the list a whole lot, perhaps it needs a tiny bit more magic defence and shooting, just to bring your opponents in to you - that said, with such small units, i dont imagine many opponents will stay out of combat. Just if your opponent gets 2 rounds of lucky magic shooting, it may well be all over!

So, what do you suggest ? I don't see much point in dropping a unit just to pay 140 pts for stopping two spells (and one more DD). And taking a Sorceress isn't fluffy too much. I was thinking about Ring of Hotek... But I don't see this item worth bothering. I have used it couple of times but it hasn't do anything. I'm wondering why Grog like it so much. And it seems I don't have a place for it anyway. And about shooting... I think that I took max possible I can afford. If you have any ideas how too increase this two aspects I would like too hear them.

@TDJ: No one said you are a newb. :lol: It's just good to explain the role of discussed subject. As I said, I like your idea of taking two additional units of Warriors instead of BG. If they won't work well, I'll cairtanly consider that. But so far they are good and I'm not afraid of being them shoot out - I can bring my opponents attention somewhere else using other units.

Cheers.
The death jester
Dark Rider

Your asking for pts? I just saw you took repeater crowbow on BOTH your noble (the other had lifetaker hehe) ? I ain't saying it's bad but I would like to know how did it faired for you? I know it can be good, but if you wanted some free pts, you have about 20 just here and I see your Noble more like mobile combat booster then harasser (you have the squad of DR for that role)

Phil
Anthrax
Corsair

Post by Anthrax »

i'd drop 2 chariots and one of the nobles, gives you 400 odd points

gives you heaps of room for 2 sorc caddys (or magical protection for the warriors of khaine) and a small unit of xbows maybe?

or 1 scroll caddy and a unit or executioners and probably enough to put heros on the witch elf units?

doesnt help the shooting problem i know, but i think that is less of an issue than the complete lack of magic defence.

however, i must point out im quite noobish, and i really like the original army, i am just trying to be constructive. Feel completely free to ignore, or even abuse the advice i am giving =]

keep up the good work, i am building a CoB list, so when i post mine, you can tell me how much worse than yours it is =]
Errdrigar
Highborn

Post by Errdrigar »

@anthrax: You are suggesting me to drop 3 of my best units just to take caddys ? :shock:
Nope, that's completely not my style. I think I will rather risk taking some damage from magic instead of disrupting consistency of the list. Thanks for your time anyway - when you post your list I'll take a look at it.

@TDJ: I gave RXB to Nobles to increase theirs mage hunting abilities. And yes, they are worth buying. When all tree pegasus riders and 2 squads of DR can use missiles enemy mages have very poor chances to survive. That's why I'm saying that this list isn't completely defenceless against magic - my defence is just different from traditional way.

When I playtest the list more I'll let you know how it works.

Cheers guys.
Danceman
The Devil in Pale Moonlight

Post by Danceman »

Perhaps i stared to long at the sun went blind, when read hammer i just thought execs :p though the BG does tend to make a decent combat phase even if they loose the first.
so thats why i said execs, im kinda lazy at times when it comes to read :p
"Dying is for fools." - Charlie Sheen
Errdrigar
Highborn

Post by Errdrigar »

Ok, Dance. :lol:

I've just came back from my gaming club. I played a battle using this list against quite nasty lizardman army:

Oldblood on CO (Sword of Might, Enchanted Shield, Aura of Quetzl, 3 Spawnings: Old Ones, Itzl, Quetzl)
Scar-Veteran on CO (BSB, Sword of Hornet)
2 lvl 2 Skink Priests (2xDS, Cube of Darkness)
3x10 Skinks
2x3 Terradons
2x5 Saurus Cavalry
16 Saurus Warriors (Spawnings: Quetzl, Tlazcotl)
Stegadon

And everything went... fine. I have scored Solid Victory without much troubles. Mage hunting worked perfectly (in 3rd turn both Sking Priests were already dead) so magic haven't caused practicaly any damage. Equipment for my heroes fulfilled it's job. Having so many units I could easly take advantage of outmanoeuvered enemy. First time I can't find a single thing that worked incorrectly (except bad rolls that happened somethimes but I used to it). I'm realy happy from the way how the list performed this evening. I think I'll leave the list as it is now without any changes...
Rasputinii
M-A-D

Post by Rasputinii »

Congrats man. Thats ace. Not much more to say. I guess you foudn the right list for you. Unlike myself...
Pleased to be back