We're back at 50/50

Old campaign - Where the druchii members discussed the Storm of Chaos campaign.

Moderators: Underway, The Dread Knights

/\\//\
Hunter Of The Night

We're back at 50/50

Post by /\\//\ »

The Lizards have managed to make the campaign dead even. Thus I urge you to fight Lizardmen opponents over any other type. If you are having problems with your local Lizardmen army then please ask for help in the thread in this forum entitled Probelm with the Lizardmen? Ask here.
Aachil lathanast
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Aachil lathanast »

Time is getting shorter and it seem we will not achieve a big push. In the end even a small victory ( few percents ) will not help us much. The main problem is getting the lizardmen players ( not just mine but as it seem for quite a few DE players ) so I have no choice but to post my victories in the Old World.
Weak perish so that the strong can live. It is the law of nature. It is the law of the Druchii.
/\\//\
Hunter Of The Night

Post by /\\//\ »

Aachil Lathanast wrote:Time is getting shorter and it seem we will not achieve a big push. In the end even a small victory ( few percents ) will not help us much. The main problem is getting the lizardmen players ( not just mine but as it seem for quite a few DE players ) so I have no choice but to post my victories in the Old World.

Well the Lizardmen players seem to have found Dark Elf players. ;)

I wish they'd put stats up for the subcampaigns showing how many wins have been reported there. Then at least we'd have an idea of how many we need to post to push the bar a certain amount.

The thing is the longer the campaign goes on for the harder it becomes to move the bar as 1 battle counts for less and less. I reckon it will be a draw in Lustria. Even if we won 52/48% it would still be counted as a draw. All we can do is fight Lizardmen opponents instead of other opponents.
Ranieth
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Ranieth »

I really feel bad, watching the bar drop, without managing to crush a lizardmen opponent! Soon I'll go as far as I battle myself ;)
Lord malal
Executioner

Post by Lord malal »

Well if you figure back awhile ago when they said that our sub-camp had posted over 6,000 battles at 52/48 that roughly means that we had posted about 300 more victories then they did.....3,150 to 2,850!

I'm shocked that now with, I'm sure, well over 7000 battles posted they were able to suddenly get That many more victories posted then us. We will have to be very diligent to get back our prior advantage.
Soteks chosen_
Warrior

Post by Soteks chosen_ »

There is nothing you can do to stop us...
These are our lands, so haul your carcasses off it !
We will only stop when we see you sailing home in defeat.

51/49 is coming up... its only a matter of time...
For the Light !
For the Old Ones !!
Drasanil
Dru Perim

Post by Drasanil »

Bah its obvious lizards are starting to cheat in order to make up the difference... heck I haven't met a lizzies player who could win with out cheesing up his army.
The truth behind the Sundering:
Rork wrote:High Elf: "I'm not fat!"
Dark Elf: "Of course you're not, dear. You've just grown lazy and indolent and wrecked the inheritance for our children!"
High Elf: "I want a divorce."
Frogboy
Corsair

Post by Frogboy »

Drasanil wrote:Bah its obvious lizards are starting to cheat in order to make up the difference... heck I haven't met a lizzies player who could win with out cheesing up his army.

Bah, remarks like these are so childish :evil: :x :!: . First there is no proof of cheating, on eitherside. offcourse somepeople cheat, both druchi and lizards, I can turn your sentence around: Maybe some cheating druchii players stopped cheating, would have the same effect right?. I am not accusing anyone of cheating or saying that this is because of cheaters, I just like to point out how stupid some remarks are.

And for cheesing up lizards army? I have NEVER cheesed my army or even changed it for a different opponent. Some of my (Dark Elves) opponents even admit that they have a hard time fighting lizards without changing their army. If they don't change it they don't have a chance of winning.
Alkkrision
Daemon Prince

Post by Alkkrision »

Ok the Lizardmen are cheesing up their armies, that's no excuse for you to moan about it, it just means they're harder to beat. I went up against an extremely cheesy army (and my opponent was saying his cold ones don't suffer stupidity with Lizardmen riding them, and refused to show me the army book, I had to carry on following this rule until my Chaos friend person told me otherwise). Anyway, it's very easy to make a mistake with a cheesy army, and once you spot that mistake, they can be torn apart slowly, pulling together a minor victory. Take mine for example, he brought everything down, skinks and kroxigors in the woods, saurus getting too close, cold one knights charged my crossbowmen, other unit of saurus ready to charge spearmen, Salamanders blocking the way to the Slann. You know what I did?

1. Noticed the mistake that he had his Skinks in the woods near his Kroxigors, chillwind, oh look, frozen skinks.

2. This left the way open for my 4 remaining frenzied witch elves to charge the Saurus in the front, and Lord Alkkrision to get a flank charge. Although 3 witch elves were cut down in the fray, they managed to kill 4 saurus warriors thanks to poison. Alkkrision however managed to chop another 2 down (mmm, killing blow). Naturally Alkkrision overran them.

3. Overran right into one of the Salamanders, slash slash, skinks dead, overran.

4. Right next to his Slann. Slash slash, Dead :P.

Now stop moaning about cheesy armies. Ok so I was lucky not to be ripped apart by the Cheesy Conflagthingy of Doom spell, but at the end of the day, I pulled a minor loss back. Not too bad considering it was about to be a massacre.
Stoddy
Warrior

Post by Stoddy »

and my opponent was saying his cold ones don't suffer stupidity with Lizardmen riding them, and refused to show me the army book, I had to carry on following this rule until my Chaos friend person told me otherwise).

Thats not being cheesy, thats cheating. Out and out cheating.
Quinn
Cold One Knight

Post by Quinn »

I don't really think it matters what the final percentage is, the only thing that really matters is how GW interprets it for the 'fluff' of the campaign.

As far as I am aware, Chaos hasn't won a single battle (site) based on percentages of win/loss, yet they keep writing 'fluff' that continues to drive them forward towards Middenheim.

I don't believe that there is any chance for a decisive victory in Lustria for either side, at least as far as win/loss goes. The whole COS incursion was based on raiding temple sites, not conquering Lustria. If the COS can just stay even with the Lizards, they should have accomplished their goals of pillaging various temples, as far as 'fluff' goes, don't you think?

It's up to the 'genuises' at GW to decide what ends up happening, and we're just a side-show this time around. That's my opinion.
Pain?....you don't even know what pain is.....yet.
Valtor the tainted
Highborn

Post by Valtor the tainted »

quinn wrote:I don't really think it matters what the final percentage is, the only thing that really matters is how GW interprets it for the 'fluff' of the campaign.

As far as I am aware, Chaos hasn't won a single battle (site) based on percentages of win/loss, yet they keep writing 'fluff' that continues to drive them forward towards Middenheim.

I don't believe that there is any chance for a decisive victory in Lustria for either side, at least as far as win/loss goes. The whole COS incursion was based on raiding temple sites, not conquering Lustria. If the COS can just stay even with the Lizards, they should have accomplished their goals of pillaging various temples, as far as 'fluff' goes, don't you think?

It's up to the 'genuises' at GW to decide what ends up happening, and we're just a side-show this time around. That's my opinion.

its because b4 the campaign even begins they know archaon will reach middenheim its just how many and when they get there
Perversions of Pain sweep through your mind
Soteks chosen_
Warrior

Post by Soteks chosen_ »

Its probably only going to get better for us.
We got mentioned in the fluff if you did not know,
the skinks are hiring DoW to fight you.
Get ready to see some cannons... :twisted:
For the Light !
For the Old Ones !!
Lord malal
Executioner

Post by Lord malal »

I actually "Fluff-wise" I would think that it would be getting worse for the Lizzy's.

For such a "closed" society, to go to the extreme of hiring DoW, would show desperation on their part.
Soteks chosen_
Warrior

Post by Soteks chosen_ »

Well, I disagree since at 49/51 it showed good fluff for us,
now at 50/50 it may get pretty interesting...

Well, Lizardmen are a closed society, but they have hired DoW in the past, and did a good job using them to protect their weakness in the sea.
For the Light !
For the Old Ones !!
Darkspear
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Darkspear »

YES. i finally had a victory in lustria. throughtout the campaign...it has been drawS. finally..VIC T .O.R.Y
In my land, everyone calls me the darkspear. The most famous spearmen commander of all.
Argetlam
Black Guard

Post by Argetlam »

I think we supposed to win in lustria since we're outnumber them right? lets see TK can win with orcs how come we can't?

I tought just count the druchii.net members (I know not all play DE) still we can win at least by 5-7%
Khaine's whipping boy
Shade

Post by Khaine's whipping boy »

TK can win with orcs because orcs couldn't post to the subcampain for the first five days.
It's only when you've lost everything you're free to do anything.
Thee forsaken one
Forsaken Master of Fallen Gods

Post by Thee forsaken one »

Sampoerna wrote:I think we supposed to win in lustria since we're outnumber them right?

DE outnumbering the Lizardmen?!!

Any Elves of any race have never outnumbered anything. They rely on their superior skill rather then numbers.

Also few DE are attacking Lustria compared to Ulthuan. Its just the CoS that has large numbers there.
Lord malal
Executioner

Post by Lord malal »

Actually when he says "We" I think he is refering to the Druchii.net community outnumber the Lizardmen-player community. He wasn't refering to fluff-related population numbers.

Even so outnumbering them is no advantage anyways. If there are 10,000 Druchii players and only 1,000 Lizzy players were still limited to a maximum of 1,000 battles a day as that is all there is for opponents.

That's why so many Druchii, unfortunately, are spending a lot of time battling in the "Old World" as they can't find any Lizzy players to battle.
Valtor the tainted
Highborn

Post by Valtor the tainted »

frogboy wrote:
Drasanil wrote:Bah its obvious lizards are starting to cheat in order to make up the difference... heck I haven't met a lizzies player who could win with out cheesing up his army.

Bah, remarks like these are so childish :evil: :x :!: . First there is no proof of cheating, on eitherside. offcourse somepeople cheat, both druchi and lizards, I can turn your sentence around: Maybe some cheating druchii players stopped cheating, would have the same effect right?. I am not accusing anyone of cheating or saying that this is because of cheaters, I just like to point out how stupid some remarks are.

And for cheesing up lizards army? I have NEVER cheesed my army or even changed it for a different opponent. Some of my (Dark Elves) opponents even admit that they have a hard time fighting lizards without changing their army. If they don't change it they don't have a chance of winning.

how can one cheese up the lizard man army
Perversions of Pain sweep through your mind