Gav mentions the Druchii civil war in the SoC Final Fluff...

Old campaign - Where the Druchii Net Online Campaign was discussed

Moderators: Underway, Jeffleong13, The Dread Knights

Nightshade
Slave (off the Altar)

Gav mentions the Druchii civil war in the SoC Final Fluff...

Post by Nightshade »

Yep, thats right. Hellebron has moved against the Temple of Slaanesh and Morathi has withdrawn her forces from Lustria to combat this growing threat. Gav even said something to the extent of "this may erupt into civil war if the situation is not brought under control".

Gav loves the Druchii, and Druchii.net :D
Dyvim tvar
Lord of the Dragon Caves
Lord of the Dragon Caves

Post by Dyvim tvar »

That is so freakin' cool :!::!::!::!::!::!::!::!:
Truly These are the End Times ...
Dragonkin
Highborn

Post by Dragonkin »

It was a pretty obvious outcome anyway - bringing the Cult of Slaanesh out in the open had to have consequences.
So I'm not at all surprised... nor do I think this wasn't planned to happen from the moment they put the CoS list in the SoC book.

Just my opinion, though... =)
Dragonkin
--
If right is wrong, then what's left must be right

New Dragon Isle - http://dragonisle.drunok.org
Z'gahn
The Touch of Death

Post by Z'gahn »

hmm, I surely wouldn't like it to be a full-scale civil war. I am of the strong believe that the Druchii are Lawfull (but evil of course, don't confuse lawfull and chaotic with evil and good) and therefore I think it is un-characterfull for them to plunge into chaos.
Mind you, I'm not saying Druchii shouldn't fight amongst themselves (duh, it's a way of live, and it keeps the race strong etc.), but I dun like a full-scale civil war. I'd much prefer the shadow war. It's so much more druchii-ish.
And it'd become really unacceptable for me if we were to become 'Chaos Elves' (not sure what'll happen tho, if the CoS wins).
Cailil
Executioner

Post by Cailil »

I agree with Z'Gahn - a civil war will just be bad for us.

I hope that Morathi wins - kills Hellebron and makes an uneasy peace between the ToK and CoS, sending the CoS into exile (or some nice sounding form of exile) in the North or in Lustria. What would be really bad is if we loose the CoS, Morathi and have a civil war that ruins the invasion of Uluathuan.

The way I've always seen it is that besides the cult & temple members the ordinary Druchii loyal to Malekith, dont care who wins out between the ToK and CoS (both terrorize the populance) as long as the DE are kicking the stuffing out of the HE!
Alcing ragaholic
Lord of Mod-Assassins

Post by Alcing ragaholic »

I cannot wait, since I will be playing both sides of the Druchii coin... the COS and the TOK... ehehehee! Christmas has come early!

Z
======================
<langmann> hah, I'll take florida over 10 feet of snow/day. My balls sweat and I'm cold and my back is sore from shoveling.

Join the DNet chatroom today!
Ranieth
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Ranieth »

yeah, pretty cool. I also like the idea of a 'shadow war'.
Other than that, AloneAndBurned summed my thoughts up perfectly.
Langmann
Malekith's Tastetester & Physician
Malekith's Tastetester & Physician

Post by Langmann »

I emailed Gav earlier about the Druchii net online campaign that we are holding later at the end of september.

Hopefully with enough user interest it will gain attention from GW and perhaps we'll hear more about us.

Point is for the campaign to work we have to all participate and help each other.
While running a million dollar company, singing at weddings, and his frequent jetting to Spain Elton Jon style, Dark Alliance found the time to stand on the doorstep of Games Workshop like Moses and the Pharoah and calmly state, "Let my people go."
Ghar
Warrior

Post by Ghar »

´Where did you get to know about that civil war thingy?
If someone says DE are no evil then why do they cuts slaves toungue if they speak?
Lord Veshnakar
Highborn

Post by Lord Veshnakar »

....In my opinion CoP is about druchii manipulating chaos to do our bidding, it would be going way to far to start calling them "chaos elves"... that's my opinion at least, since we have always used chaos.
"Do unto others before they do unto you."
/\\//\
Hunter Of The Night

Post by /\\//\ »

Coinciding with our civil war campaign soon this is an excellent opportunity to show everyone what a great site this is.

It's not exactly good for the Dark Elf race but it's great for this site. :D
Black hydra
The Warlord

Post by Black hydra »

Firstly I dislike this to the extremes.

I can't see a civil war happening unless it was Helebron's personal vendetta against Morathi.

Morathi is THE first witch elf and they owe allegiance to her and her alone. So I really can't see them going after her unless its some rouge faction Helebron has commanded to go against their master?
There once was a High Elf named Bill
He went out and fought with all his will
Along came the hydra
and fried Bill with fire
And that was the end of poor Bill.
----
Try out the Warlord at http://www.druchii.net/tbf/Warlord_v1.00.zip
Dragonkin
Highborn

Post by Dragonkin »

Black Hydra wrote:Firstly I dislike this to the extremes.

I can't see a civil war happening unless it was Helebron's personal vendetta against Morathi.

Morathi is THE first witch elf and they owe allegiance to her and her alone. So I really can't see them going after her unless its some rouge faction Helebron has commanded to go against their master?

Well, you also have to consider that Morathi now openly worships Slaanesh, and hence denounces Khaine. Not a good move for her popularity with the Khainites...
Dragonkin
--
If right is wrong, then what's left must be right

New Dragon Isle - http://dragonisle.drunok.org
Trey
Shade

Post by Trey »

Well, you also have to consider that Morathi now openly worships Slaanesh, and hence denounces Khaine

and when did she denounce Khaine?
Ever since the CoS came to prominece I noticed that many here have the idea that we can worship one and only One god. What's wrong with believing in more than one god?
Tayrod
Spawn of Slaanesh
Location: Over the hills and far away (ie: In Norway somewhere)

Post by Tayrod »

Remember what happend the last time the elves had a civil war...
And the kneecaps connected to the ... *&¤%#% ... oh darn
Ghar
Warrior

Post by Ghar »

If hellebron attacks Morathi openly Malekith could take that as Family Insult! There would be ... Slaughter every Hellebrons follower could die in that...
If someone says DE are no evil then why do they cuts slaves toungue if they speak?
Malagoth
Trainee Warrior

Post by Malagoth »

Hello people? You dorealise that Khaine is just an aspect of Khorne, right? You know, Khorne, the guy that HATESSlaanesh?!?!? There is going to be a massive civil war in Naggaroth...otherwise we would end up taking over the lands of the High Elves and we can't have the High Elves out of the game now can we? :roll:

While I had fun playing the Cult of Slaanesh list during SoC, I am a puristDark Elf at heart and my forces in service of Glorious Khaine will lay waste to all the usurpers of Slaanesh! :twisted:

Malagoth
'Only an idiot would fight a war on two fronts. Only the heir to the throne of the Kingdom of Idiots would fight a war on twelve fronts!'
-Londo Malari-Centauri Ambassador to Babylon 5
Mielkith
Assassin

Post by Mielkith »

Malagoth, there have been many many threads debating if Khaine is Khorn. None have really found a conclusive answer.
Don't forget there is a third side to play in the civil war aswell. The "Peace Keepers".

Remember what happend the last time the elves had a civil war...

Another Elven race, slightly darker Elves perhaps?
Maldor
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Maldor »

You are mistaken on two fronts my friend.
1) Khaine is a seperate entity from Khorne
2) Khorne and Slaanesh only hate each other in 40k.
Lock up your children, shut all windows tight.
The Witch Elves are hunting for victims tonight.
When old hags do knock at your door, you must hide,
Your death is the gift sought by Khaine's pretty brides.
Malagoth
Trainee Warrior

Post by Malagoth »

Maldor wrote:You are mistaken on two fronts my friend.
1) Khaine is a seperate entity from Khorne
2) Khorne and Slaanesh only hate each other in 40k.

Ok, back the truck up...what do you mean Khorne and Slaanesh don't hate eachother?????? When did that change??? The animosity between the Chaos Gods was the ONLY reason they had never crushed the Old World before!

Hmmm, after perusing my copy of Hordes of Chaos I can't find any mention of the animosity... :( But there is a mention that Khaine could be a manifestation of Khorne. So, while I accept that I am in fact wrong on the second point(damned updates!) I won't concede the first one as in fact Khaine could just as likely be Khorne as a seperate entity.

Malagoth
'Only an idiot would fight a war on two fronts. Only the heir to the throne of the Kingdom of Idiots would fight a war on twelve fronts!'
-Londo Malari-Centauri Ambassador to Babylon 5
Alcing ragaholic
Lord of Mod-Assassins

Right, mala brings a good point. If he wants to think Khaine=Khorne, that's his choice. That is one of the reasons that the writers left the fluff open ended.

By the way, it would not mean Chaos elves. It would mean Elven Chaos.

Z
======================
<langmann> hah, I'll take florida over 10 feet of snow/day. My balls sweat and I'm cold and my back is sore from shoveling.

Acceptance
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Acceptance »

Ok no discussion about who is who en who dosn't like who and where they don't like each other, please.

Isn't that whole lawfull vs chaos thing uh...DnD?

And a civil war would be a good thing, a little bit of change couldn't hurt because the way DE have worked the last couple of thousend years hasn't had anny real affects on the war against Ulthuan.
Maybe we need some new leadership, how manny invasions (lead by malekith) have failed already?

New elven race he? Some years back there where rumours about ice elves maybe they have put them in the freezer waiting for an oppurtunity to come?
Everybody who lives dies, not everybody who dies has lived.
The coarse heir
Warrior

Post by The coarse heir »

What's wrong with a civil war? It'd be an excellent opportunity to get some scenario-based playing in, maybe some new models, and who wouldn't love that? :)

-TCH
Alcing ragaholic
Lord of Mod-Assassins

Besides, I'm working on the TOK list, don't tell me now that it is a bad idea.

Sniff... all that hard work.

Z
======================

Lazarus
Phlebotomist of Khaine

Let Morathi remain in Lustria...

Post by Lazarus »

too long has her self indulgent quest for power left the Druchii without effective leadership or even the ability to rise above their own narcisistic masochism. Middenheim could have been taken by a united, puposeful Druchii with little to no blood lost if we had worked from our strengths of secrecy, unseen observation, infiltration, and quiet annihilation rather than the ignorant, forcefull, bloodbath that our less gifted allies prefer. If Malekith is unwilling or unable to admit these errors, or unable to release himself from his umbilical ties, then perhaps the Druchii nation needs leadership that is more willing to put the nations interests ahead of their own selfish desires. It is our pre-eminent domain to rule the elven kingdoms and by consequence the world.