Gav mentions the Druchii civil war in the SoC Final Fluff...

Old campaign - Where the Druchii Net Online Campaign was discussed

Moderators: Underway, Jeffleong13, The Dread Knights

Voodoomaster
Lord General Of Khaine

Post by Voodoomaster »

well i'm back after 2 weeks on hols.
i think it is great that gav's fluffs mentions a potential civil war between the temple of khaine and the cult of slannesh. it strength our nation will as our great king says
"the weak would die in order that the strong prevail."
"For every victory there is a defeat, for every defeat there is a victory. My victory, my defeat are for all to see..."
Khael Vraneth, Lord-General of Khaine.
Slickster
Beastmaster

Post by Slickster »

indeed , it would be some nice fluff, and nice new campain.
i have to battle myself this time, i know no one with DE.

please the subject khaine/khorne out of this.
Woman;
"Can't live with them, can't have hetero sex without them."
Langmann
Malekith's Tastetester & Physician
Malekith's Tastetester & Physician

Post by Langmann »

Any Dark Elves that openly worship Slaanesh would obviously follow Morathi. Since there are some, any Dark Elves that worship Khaine would want to kill them, that's the law. Hence the civil war.
While running a million dollar company, singing at weddings, and his frequent jetting to Spain Elton Jon style, Dark Alliance found the time to stand on the doorstep of Games Workshop like Moses and the Pharoah and calmly state, "Let my people go."
Mielkith
Assassin

Post by Mielkith »

So Drucii.nets campaign may influence the entire warhammer community, go druchii. Well deserved too, with all the work thats been going into it. That map is incredible.

The Under-Empire is soing a similar thing aswell. They have taken the SoC site and altered it to amke it more rat-like. It looks pretty good (of course, Druchii has the natural advantage of looking amazingly cool).
Nekros
Trainee Warrior

Post by Nekros »

I think that there is only a good result for a civil war between DE: nobody win and a NEW king, that take the leadeship, declare freedom of religion. And all DE united against HE to conquer uor ancient native country.

If will be a division whit the birth of a new elf's army that will means that GD have not a lot ideas: 4 elf's army are too much. The elf' story in full of division yet, another? Banal, boring and ineffectual Image
Last edited by Nekros on Fri Sep 03, 2004 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mornedhel
Cabal without a cause

Post by Mornedhel »

well, i look forward to the campaign (and i hope i find some slaanesh-worshipping druchii to kill them either in the name of khaine or to keep both the khainites and the slaaneshi from fighting in the name of malekith).

BUT, and this is a big but, i sincerely hope the vanilla druchii list will remain as it is, and be playable after the civil war, because if not, i and a lot of other druchii players are going to be really upset.
It´s nice to be important, but it´s more important to be nice.
Lazarus
Phlebotomist of Khaine

New era ?

Post by Lazarus »

Perhaps this "Civil War" (are any wars civil ?) could provide a fresh start for the Druchii. Malekith's birthrite is obviously questionable in my mind, considering Morathi's treason, it would seem that her son may indeed have been conceived by "other than elven means". A Druchii rennaisance could very well be within our grasp. If we take this opportunity to shed the albatross that has held us back for these thousands of years, not only the elven kingdoms, but much of the known world should bow to our feet.
Anthrax
Corsair

Post by Anthrax »

who cares

I am just gonna flay the lot of you and turn you into boots and gloves for my armies :P

I can't wait for the civil war to begin so that the trash talk can start.
You owe nothing to the old god, he is the one who ensure your humiliation and slavery.
Only the power of Slaanesh can bring glory to the Druchii, embrace it.
Kencaid
Beastmaster

Post by Kencaid »

well, with the Khaine and Khorne thing, are they not connected, i was told once that all magic came from chaos, and that was y, for a long time, Chaos could use any magic they wanted, so would'nt the god's be magically connected ne way?

and a civil war would not b horrible in my opinion, i am abviously not siding with Slannesh, i hate that stupid Bi...

sry i got carried away

but Hellebrone could become an actual legal character, and we might get some new items, and units even, im up for that, and a cool twist could b that some of the chaos follows of Slannesh hav come down in their aid, to spread the power of pleasure further into the world, but Khaine would win, course, thats the side most DE players would take,

well im actually confused, i like a true druchii, not a slannesh one, but if i fought for Malekith, would i actually b fighting for slannesh, man im confused, or this sucks, god or king.
To LazzZZy
Valorian the merciless
Beastmaster

Post by Valorian the merciless »

oh common, even more items? even more units?

enough is enough

you got the items of albion (gauntlet anyone?)
you finally got the revision (although that one was needed)
and the new list and items (4+ ward and the draich, not too mention the doombolt sticj and the banner of countercharging)

now if the dark elves are going to get updated again

THAN I'M THE ONE WHO IS GOING TO GET UPSET!!

leave it just as fluff and be done with it !mad!
...I'm the king....
...the master of parody...
...Rejoice...
...for the writing continues...
Cy'lunis
Slave on the Altar

Post by Cy'lunis »

Maybe the Slann will follow the CoP and crush them they must be pissed by now.
Doesnt Knaine hate magic like Khorne.
They are very similar in many ways.
I have a theory the the old ones are the chaos gods. Four of them a very similar to the Chaos Gods and why would such all powerful beings just run away when their much weaker Slann Servants could handle the Daemon attack.
Quinn
Cold One Knight

Post by Quinn »

Malekith had virtually no role in the SOC and although his stats in WH are fairly lame for the points (and the figure is incredibly bad), in the fluff he is extremely powerful and nasty. So, does he wage war against his own mother, or not?
I always thought there was a bit of an Oedipus type relationship going on between them.

I think it's a great idea to wage this campaign and I think we should push for a 'new' Malekith, stats and figure while we're at it.
Pain?....you don't even know what pain is.....yet.
Soulhunter
Trainee Warrior

Post by Soulhunter »

and the new list and items (4+ ward and the draich, not too mention the doombolt sticj and the banner of countercharging)

Eh, wasn't that only for the duration of Soc, or is this now official? same with the army lists? anyone wanna help me out on that 1?
Anthrax
Corsair

Post by Anthrax »

it is now an official army list, like all of the SoC released ones
You owe nothing to the old god, he is the one who ensure your humiliation and slavery.
Only the power of Slaanesh can bring glory to the Druchii, embrace it.
Soulhunter
Trainee Warrior

Post by Soulhunter »

awesome! really good to know thanks!
Jiangwei
Highborn

Post by Jiangwei »

Tayrod wrote:Remember what happend the last time the elves had a civil war...

no - tell me!

i want to keep malekith as our king, i think he's good.

i hope the slaanesh elves get crushed, but then again, i have no slaaneshi opponents, so i might just battle my HE opponent instead, and log it near arnhelm...
MotionLotion wrote:
Jor-El wrote:
funkamental wrote:I agree with everything pmpn8ez just said.
I agree with everything funkamental just said...

I agree with everything Jor-El just said...

I agree with MotionLotion.
Lord mordaine
Shade

Post by Lord mordaine »

Also I wants to keep Malekith as our King. He is after all (in the stories) one of the most powerful beings in the whole world. And when are you going to realize that it doesnt matter if we replace him. no one will ever going to be able to retake Ulthuan permanently. As for the civil war: sure why not as long as our entire ralm doesnt collapse, and I rather see tat both Morathi and Hellebron survive. Morathi will of course kick her ass but spare her. Perhaps as humiliation.
Aachil lathanast
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Aachil lathanast »

What would be the purpose of a civil war? With shadow war weak are remowed from society so there is no need for a full scale engagement. Just as DE have begun to numericaly catch up with HE we are going to slaughter ourselves and return to starting position. Even if the end result is us getting a more competant leader we will be dimished in number and in strenght to pose a threat to anyone in WH world. Wouldn´t it be better if we invited the Lizardmen to Naggaroth to repay them for their hospitality in Lustria. Let them try to recapture their "unimportant" relics from us.
Weak perish so that the strong can live. It is the law of nature. It is the law of the Druchii.
Falahk
Night Goblin

Post by Falahk »

Aachil Lathanast wrote:Wouldn´t it be better if we invited the Lizardmen to Naggaroth to repay them for their hospitality in Lustria. Let them try to recapture their "unimportant" relics from us.
I have heard some rumours about tpv2(thats the bigest lizard site on the net) taking part in the campainge

this is a part of or great kings plan, with no weeknes ther can be no failure, some back stabing will just make us stronger, its also stated in the druchii book that malekith will get rid of his mother if she stops being usefull for his aims........wath ever hapen I will stand redy to draw my sword(er gauntlet) thoughter with great king malekith
SWFBR- Swedish Warhammer Tournament Calendar, Ranking and Forum
Sinrake
Warrior

Post by Sinrake »

didnt Malekith say in the book that he keeps his mother close so he can learn all the thing he can from his mother and dispose her, wel maybe the time has come? what about that??
cheers
stand up for what you believe in , even if it means standing alone
Lord mordaine
Shade

Post by Lord mordaine »

That time has not come. And killing her now wont do him any good.
Pharow99
Executioner

Post by Pharow99 »

To those who conspire against our King- Blasphamy! You will be sacrificed for this!
Our Loyalty lies to the True King of elven Kind, not a 'god.'
Regarding our Lady- also Blasphamy- she is our Queen! :) and you will be tormented in eternity by slaanesh for that.

I say we Kill Hellebron and have both Sec's of religious diety Unite in one powerfull Druchii Nation that United will utterly Crush Ulthland!!!

But seriously wouldnt that be awsome to have an allied list, immagin takeing Exes, Hydra's, and our other sweet Khaine untis with the Lore of Slaanesh and the Deamon units--- But NO human skum (marauders and Knights of chaos) ---
New list of Alliance should be created, with antimosity regulations between the two secs maybe? I dunno i just think an alliance would be uberilly awsome!
Loyalty lies to our King only, not a 'god.' I say we should start an alliance of the CoP and the ToK. Once the Druchii unite we will be unstopable!
Jimworm
Warrior

Post by Jimworm »

Pah, weakling Cult Of Slannesh, traitors and sadists! All shall be swept away in the name of glorious Khaine, the only PROPER god of the noble Druchii, I shall raise my banner for the Hag Queen Hellebron and Khaine help me I shall kill any foe, be it Druchii, Daemon or Manling if she so wishes. Heed this words and quake for the army of Har Ganeth has come for your heads... !lol!
There was one more thing, it's been emotional.
General kala
Blasphemer and Heretic
Blasphemer and Heretic
Location: Sowing the seeds of evil in the hills of Austin, TX

Post by General kala »

I concur. My brigade fields both Khainites and Slaanesh. Our sights should be set on exterminating the Asur.

Still - truly cool that the civil war scenario is at least being watched!
Because anyone vicious enough to shoot down her own battlecruiser because there might be a traitor at the helm deserves to have a Druchii namesake.
- human
Adept of Khaine

Post by - human »

Maybe the dark elves will split up liek the first time, into the dark elves and the darker elves. And maybe some dark wood elves. :roll:
- Human