Gav mentions the Druchii civil war in the SoC Final Fluff...

Old campaign - Where the Druchii Net Online Campaign was discussed

Moderators: Underway, Jeffleong13, The Dread Knights

The_vicar
Beastmaster

Post by The_vicar »

What a cracking idea, druchii against druchii, I love that self destructive streak that dark elves have, it's like all anti heros and evil maniacal peronas rapped up in one when it comes to druchii. Fantasy as a whole would benefit from a civil war, it would just show who trully brutal elves would and can be and it would also show they're strength. Civil war only strengthens nations, look at the UK after our civil war, we went on to have ojne of the greatest empires the world has seen and will ever see, the USofA after its civil war is the most powerful country in the world. Its true to say war develops while peace leads to complacency, i'm damn well up a bit of rough and tumble with my fellow dark elf player.
Jimworm
Warrior

Post by Jimworm »

He has a point, though it is a shame we lost the war of independance...What was the motivation!?! The colonists paid less in taxes than a Londoner! And why do you hate the French!?! They funded the rebels and gave the 90% of their gunpowder! I think a civil war is just what the Druchii need, we've become weaker over time, how else can you explain the loss of territory in Ulthuan or the defeat in Lustria, it's time we rooted out the weak so the strong can conquer this world in the name of Khaine!!
There was one more thing, it's been emotional.
Nagathi
The Exiled One

Post by Nagathi »

What if this campaign develops into a three-way campaign (as I think it should)?
One side: Hellebron attacking the cult when they are weak, right after a long war down in Lustria.
Second side: Morathi trying to fend off the evil khainites while also trying to make Slaanesh a public religion.
Third side: Malekith and his closest nobles trying to stop the fighting by killing the antagonists. The nobles might also try to win on this, get more power due to the strong parts fighting each other.

- Nag
Kencaid
Beastmaster

Post by Kencaid »

thats not a bad idea, but i am still asking, if i fought for our king, would i b fighting for khaine, or slannesh, i prefer khaine, as i prefer true druchii, but....i still beleive in our king, but never the less, it will b a very interesting campaign!
To LazzZZy
Nightshade
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Nightshade »

if im not terribly mistaken Malekith is a firm non-believer, ie he doesnt care what happens as long as Asur die. Im sure all this rough-housing in Naggaroth will catch his attention, and we will once again have to concede all the lands we gained to quell the rebellion. However, I do think that this is great for the Druchii, finally getting some GW-wide attention.
Heh
Noble
Location: TRYING to finish painting all the minis that I have....

Post by Heh »

Seriously, I doubt GW would make any major changes to both our army lists. The Khainite list and SoC would always exist. Listed below are what I think might be the possible outcomes of the civil war.

Worst case scenario for ToK: CoS gets publically recognised and might end up controlling a couple of druchii cities. Maybe Hellebron dies or something...

Worst case scenario for CoS: Fails to get recognised publically. Might be sent into exile but most probably maintain status quo. Remain as a secret cult.
Criti
Executioner

Post by Criti »

Remember what happend the last time the elves had a civil war...

Sure do. You Druchii got kicked right outta Ulthuan by we Asur. You'd better hope that the CoS doesn't kick you all out of Naggaroth - 'cuz then you'll have to move to the Border Princes!

Sorry - couldn't resist. :)
Now for wrath! Now for ruin! And the red dawn!
Aekold helbrass
Noble

Post by Aekold helbrass »

What I want: Malekith gets his act together, kills mother, reasserts the cult of Khaine UNDER HIS STRICT CONTROL and takes back what remains of nagarythe, having burnt lothern to the ground and sown salt on the site. then he can drive back chaos and start plundering lustria, cathay and the old world.

What will happen: the factions will all exist in an uneasy piece until we have another non-player driven stab at ulthuan, a couple more unofficial characters die, and we run back to naggaroth.
"Faster, Marge, faster! The snapping turtles are massing!"
Khaine's whipping boy
Shade

Post by Khaine's whipping boy »

I never liked the Temple of Khaine... Something to do with the annual bloodbaths I suppose... At least in the last edition the surviving Druchii got an orgy out of it.
But then, I don't like the Cult either, and I've never liked Morathi.
Follow the Witch King, we don't need any kind of religion!
It's only when you've lost everything you're free to do anything.
Nagathi
The Exiled One

Post by Nagathi »

Ok, any ideas that are pure absurd is just a waste of space to write down... No official characters will die, Druchii will not be extinct, etc etc. This is a war about the freedome of the slaaneshi cult religion. Will it stay underground, or will it fight its way into the society and become a true religion without being slaughtered on sight.

- Nag
Nekroskop
Highborn

Post by Nekroskop »

Well, let us just all participate in our own great campaign of Flesh&Blood, get loads of other players to attend and then probably Gav will lift our fluff into a short GW article.
That is the most I would hope for anyway.

And face it, it is time for some of the other races to get their own background treated and army developments. Surely not Chaos or Empire, but Orks, Tomb Kings and a load of other races have been neglected much more than us.
I waste him with my boltthrower!
Valtor the tainted
Highborn

Post by Valtor the tainted »

Z'Gahn wrote:hmm, I surely wouldn't like it to be a full-scale civil war. I am of the strong believe that the Druchii are Lawfull (but evil of course, don't confuse lawfull and chaotic with evil and good) and therefore I think it is un-characterfull for them to plunge into chaos.
Mind you, I'm not saying Druchii shouldn't fight amongst themselves (duh, it's a way of live, and it keeps the race strong etc.), but I dun like a full-scale civil war. I'd much prefer the shadow war. It's so much more druchii-ish.
And it'd become really unacceptable for me if we were to become 'Chaos Elves' (not sure what'll happen tho, if the CoS wins).

i think that if they win they will run off and join chaos and so in the hordes of chaos army u can field a unit of dark elfs as a special choice until GW remakes the dark elves basically they will pull a chaos dwarf on us
Perversions of Pain sweep through your mind
Valtor the tainted
Highborn

Lord Veshnakar wrote:....In my opinion CoP is about druchii manipulating chaos to do our bidding, it would be going way to far to start calling them "chaos elves"... that's my opinion at least, since we have always used chaos.
yes be we already have evidence of the druchii giving themselves to slaanesh for his power just take a look at the druchii anoited he can pick dark elf and chaos items......its amazing
Valtor the tainted
Highborn

Dragonkin wrote:
Black Hydra wrote:Firstly I dislike this to the extremes.

I can't see a civil war happening unless it was Helebron's personal vendetta against Morathi.

Morathi is THE first witch elf and they owe allegiance to her and her alone. So I really can't see them going after her unless its some rouge faction Helebron has commanded to go against their master?

Well, you also have to consider that Morathi now openly worships Slaanesh, and hence denounces Khaine. Not a good move for her popularity with the Khainites...
YES I AGREE *unsheats dagger*
Valtor the tainted
Highborn

Malagoth wrote:Hello people? You dorealise that Khaine is just an aspect of Khorne, right? You know, Khorne, the guy that HATESSlaanesh?!?!? There is going to be a massive civil war in Naggaroth...otherwise we would end up taking over the lands of the High Elves and we can't have the High Elves out of the game now can we? :roll:

While I had fun playing the Cult of Slaanesh list during SoC, I am a puristDark Elf at heart and my forces in service of Glorious Khaine will lay waste to all the usurpers of Slaanesh! :twisted:

Malagoth

show me were it is written that your great god khaine is really khrone............................ they could just be brothers :D
Valtor the tainted
Highborn

Malagoth wrote:
Maldor wrote:You are mistaken on two fronts my friend.
1) Khaine is a seperate entity from Khorne
2) Khorne and Slaanesh only hate each other in 40k.

Ok, back the truck up...what do you mean Khorne and Slaanesh don't hate eachother?????? When did that change??? The animosity between the Chaos Gods was the ONLY reason they had never crushed the Old World before!

Hmmm, after perusing my copy of Hordes of Chaos I can't find any mention of the animosity... :( But there is a mention that Khaine could be a manifestation of Khorne. So, while I accept that I am in fact wrong on the second point(damned updates!) I won't concede the first one as in fact Khaine could just as likely be Khorne as a seperate entity.

Malagoth

well it says in the hordes of chaos book that it is debated by scholars scholars meenign empire scholars and they know jack shiz about us dark elfs
Nagathi
The Exiled One

Post by Nagathi »

Valtor, when quoting one guy you can still see what others wrote below it. There is no need to post that many consecutive posts after each other. I'm just a bit annoyed at people who do that :P

And can we please stop this discussion whether Khorne is Khaine? It has been discussed to death in hundreds of other topics elsewhere, keep this one clean, please?

- Nag
Vampire master morph
Malekith's Best Friend
Location: Scotland,Aberdeen,Feeding Asur To My Pet Harpies...

Post by Vampire master morph »

A war between khaine and slaanesh?

kool!..but malekith will probally come along and spoil it...lol j/k

i'm not sure i'f he'll"take sides"...but IHO i think that morithi will die and the slaaneshis will die..( or so i hope :twisted: ) since the CoS have done thier job in killing lizards and know they'll fall when they get back! :D mawha..ha..

Morph
Darkprincess
Chosen Babe of Slaanesh

Post by Darkprincess »

Ah, Morph - oh ye of little faith..... Morathi will not dies and neither will all the Slaaneshis. There will be much blood spilled on both sides of course - otherwise it would not be a war - it would just be a rather ill-tempered argument with lots of pushing and shoving - but the casualites will surely not include Morathi or Malekith (or even Hellebron for that matter)

My allegiance of course, is to the Dark Prince. May the 144,000 delicious torments of Slaanesh be visited upon the Khainist infidels :twisted:
The Dark Princess
High Priestess of the Cult Of Pleasure

Give yourself over to absolute pleasure
Swim the warm waters of sins of the flesh
Erotic nighmares beyond any measure
And sensual daydreams to treasure forever
Lethalis
Loremaster

Post by Lethalis »

Now now, let the fighting be with blades, spears, knives, poisons and whatever body parts the slaaneshi's are going to use, but refrain from waging a vocal war people.

And I doubt that all delicious (?) torments will be visited on Khainites...
Viper
Highborn

Post by Viper »

I don't think dark elves fit into the chaos mold very well. Too well rganized and disciplined. DE also seem to be the type of people that would set their babies out to die of exsposure if they exhibited any "gifts" of the Chas gods. In a Chaos army they would be deemed as being blessed! I thnk the cult of slaneesh list is an insult. Maybe I am naivete and idealistic to believe that the Druchii should be a competitive army without having to add chaos units to the army list.

I would not be surprised if GW not only made a chaos elf list but that they also make them more powerful than the standard druchii list. They do have new minatures to sell to you at rediculous prices and what better way to do that than by making the unit more powerful. i.e. dwarven axe thrower(goblin skewer?) Chaos already has a few books that they can draw units and magcal weapons from why not one more?

I think that DE should break all ties with chaos and just be an independent force. Instead of becoming Chaos's b*tch.
Good, bad, I am the guy with the reapter bolt thrower.
Thebeastman
Shade

Post by Thebeastman »

This civil war thing is a good idea & has been long awaited but I say that Malekith should put his foot down & not let it happen. You really think he is gonna let Hellebron fight against his mother. I think not & would probably publicly exexcute anyone who tried.
The Beast man
Frankenzi
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Frankenzi »

The civil war isn't good idea. High Elves prepare a new invasion and defeat weakned Dark Elves Army.
frig Slaanesh, glory for Khaine!
Tacklbry
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Tacklbry »

Nothing like a little civil war to force the strong to the surface to better prepare us for the destruction of Ulthuan.
I like dwarfs, their skin makes fine boots. :twisted:
Darkprincess
Chosen Babe of Slaanesh

Post by Darkprincess »

And on the subject of Ulthuan, what better time for the Asur to move against us than when we are bogged down fighting each other - this is going to be very interesting...

@Thebeastman: Malekith doesn't know half of what is going on under his own nose, so obsessed he is with his hatred of the Asur. Morathi is the real power in Naggaroth, and has political command over most of that happens outside the Temple of Khaine. In any case, Malekith has always believed in the survival of the fittest, and might just see this (if he sees it at all) as a way to root out the weaker members of the Druchii population.
The Dark Princess
High Priestess of the Cult Of Pleasure

Give yourself over to absolute pleasure
Swim the warm waters of sins of the flesh
Erotic nighmares beyond any measure
And sensual daydreams to treasure forever