Gav mentions the Druchii civil war in the SoC Final Fluff...

Old campaign - Where the Druchii Net Online Campaign was discussed

Moderators: Underway, Jeffleong13, The Dread Knights

Darkadon
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Darkadon »

Valtor, this is about the 3rd time I've seen you SPAM the same way on this site. All of the quotes can be combined into one post, and I know you have been told that a few times before.

Back on topic, the last time the elves had a civil war, the Dark Elves were relegated to living in the land of chill. My question is, where would the Slaanesh elves move to? Would they battle against each other in Naggarond or would they move to Lustria and attack with the Lizardmen against the Druchii?
Cheap GW minis

www.gc-minis.com
Langmann
Malekith's Tastetester & Physician

Post by Langmann »

darkprincess wrote:
@Thebeastman: Malekith doesn't know half of what is going on under his own nose, so obsessed he is with his hatred of the Asur. Morathi is the real power in Naggaroth, and has political command over most of that happens outside the Temple of Khaine. In any case, Malekith has always believed in the survival of the fittest, and might just see this (if he sees it at all) as a way to root out the weaker members of the Druchii population.

Actually according to the fluff, Malekith is quite aware of what goes on in Naggaroth and is the supreme and true ruler, and he has beaten his mother down a few times to prove this. Not surprisingly, like any fascist dictatorship, while most would be killed for defying him, there are some exceptions. His mother is one.

Originally the DE were banished from Ulthuan in one part for being worshippers of Slaanesh. To prevent Slaanesh from being too powerful Malekith allowed the Khainites to beat down the Slaaneshi after Naggaroth was founded and many of the original (Slaaneshi) rulers of the cities of Naggaroth were killed (conveniently). See how Malekith is the Great Manipulator? Usually most druchii worship both Slaanesh and Khaine much like the ancients worshipped a variety of gods.

However the pure Khainites and Cultists hate each other with a passion. Therefore in this war, it is likely many (fictional) druchii (except the ones who want to have fun on this site ;) ) generally will stay out of the mix and see what resolves itself. So this campaign while epic to us, will not involve large scale battles fluffwise like the SoC (at first). You will still play your 2000 pointers but instead of each figure representing 10-50 men like the Red Book suggests, each will be a single person.
While running a million dollar company, singing at weddings, and his frequent jetting to Spain Elton Jon style, Dark Alliance found the time to stand on the doorstep of Games Workshop like Moses and the Pharoah and calmly state, "Let my people go."
Darkprincess
Chosen Babe of Slaanesh

Post by Darkprincess »

langmann wrote:You will still play your 2000 pointers but instead of each figure representing 10-50 men like the Red Book suggests, each will be a single person.

Actually that's always been the way our group plays - most of us give names to each and every model in our armies to show that they are all individuals - every one of my Devoted has a name, along with all the others (except the daemonettes)

I even have a spawn called "Blobby" ;)
The Dark Princess
High Priestess of the Cult Of Pleasure

Give yourself over to absolute pleasure
Swim the warm waters of sins of the flesh
Erotic nighmares beyond any measure
And sensual daydreams to treasure forever
Vampire master morph
Malekith's Best Friend
Location: Scotland,Aberdeen,Feeding Asur To My Pet Harpies...

Post by Vampire master morph »

Surely worshipping Khaine can't just stop suddenly...and niether can worshipping slaanesh...i'm not to sure how this war is gonna turn out :?

perhaps some will be banished to another part of the land..i'm not sure..but i'm looking forward to it!:D..and fighting for khaine!

Morph
Langmann

Post by Langmann »

Vampire Master Morph wrote:
but i'm looking forward to it!:D..and fighting for khaine!

Morph

All good druchii look forward to a good fight. Who they're fighting is generally irrelevent... ;)
While running a million dollar company, singing at weddings, and his frequent jetting to Spain Elton Jon style, Dark Alliance found the time to stand on the doorstep of Games Workshop like Moses and the Pharoah and calmly state, "Let my people go."
Thebeastman
Shade

Post by Thebeastman »

darkprincess wrote:And on the subject of Ulthuan, what better time for the Asur to move against us than when we are bogged down fighting each other - this is going to be very interesting...

@Thebeastman: Malekith doesn't know half of what is going on under his own nose, so obsessed he is with his hatred of the Asur. Morathi is the real power in Naggaroth, and has political command over most of that happens outside the Temple of Khaine. In any case, Malekith has always believed in the survival of the fittest, and might just see this (if he sees it at all) as a way to root out the weaker members of the Druchii population.
Thats a good point, never thought of it like that, Well then I hope Morathi kicks helleborns backside.
The Beast man
Jeffleong13
Warmaster of Slaanesh

Post by Jeffleong13 »

Thebeastman wrote:Thats a good point, never thought of it like that, Well then I hope Morathi kicks helleborns backside.

You will have the opportunity to influence this ... participate in the campaign.

J
Thebeastman
Shade

Post by Thebeastman »

How do I do that?
The Beast man
Jeffleong13
Warmaster of Slaanesh

Post by Jeffleong13 »

Participate in the campaign - see the Announcements in this forum.

J
Thebeastman
Shade

Post by Thebeastman »

Okey dokey! Cheers
The Beast man
Jimworm
Warrior

Post by Jimworm »

I rekon if Morathi's Slanneshi lose they'll either just go back underground (not literally) or flee with their prehentile tails between their legs to whatever occupied lands they have in Lustria and sulk.
There was one more thing, it's been emotional.
Jaycee
Assassin

Post by Jaycee »

Acceptance plz dont dizz Malekith
Even if his invasions has failed he still is has outlived several of the Pheonix Kings (being the cause why some off them died)

Any way Slaanesh sucks Khaine rocks
if Morathi decides to go chaos she can kiss my ass and die( i wouldnt mind if helebron also dies)
:lol:
Danceman
The Devil in Pale Moonlight

Post by Danceman »

I do not think Malekith would care less if someone moved to attack Morathi, if she fall he would have one less problem to sort out.
If you read the fluff carefully you can clearly see that malekiths "love" for her is purely opportunist at best.

If now Morathi would kill hellbron and win Malekith would probably not react in a calm way and be happy for his mother... no no he probably summon all his lords and noble and callin out an all out war against her.

IMO even though i like both lists i hate the way the slaaneshi rule is built around and the way druchii society is right now is quite nice.

Slaanesh may have many spies but you forget the elven ability to controll chaos... and who is to say the mark of slaanesh the druchii next to you is made by the dark prince?

slaanesh lure is strong though... and twisted is his intent.

who can say which path the hearts of druchii will take?
"Dying is for fools." - Charlie Sheen