Campaign Army Lists

Old campaign - Where the Druchii Net Online Campaign was discussed

Moderators: Underway, Jeffleong13, The Dread Knights

Enthardon
Highborn

Campaign Army Lists

Post by Enthardon »

What all special army lists will be available? In addition, Langmann, did you recieve my Asur list I sent?

I just want to know so I can post the proper information of Asur
Burn Naggaroth

Enthardon the Aesenar
Loremaster of Ulthuan.org

Enthardon - Part of official GW fluff
Jeffleong13
Warmaster of Slaanesh

Post by Jeffleong13 »

Right now, the following non-official army lists will be posted on the website:

Dark Elf Slavers
Dark Elf Army of Khaine (assuming it's done in time)

We do not plan to post any variant lists for non-DE forces at this time. However, any variant lists that players wish to use are of course welcome, with opponents consent.

This is a great opportunity for everyone to play and have fun, but I am not comfortable creating a whole bunch of new "variants."

Thanks,
J
Vorchild
Master of the Red Legion
Master of the Red Legion

Post by Vorchild »

jeffleong13 wrote:Dark Elf Army of Khaine (assuming it's done in time)

Shouldn't be a problem. :) The list will be ready at any rate. A more complete package will take longer.
_
The storm is coming...
Are you ready?
Enthardon
Highborn

Post by Enthardon »

jeffleong13 wrote:Right now, the following non-official army lists will be posted on the website:

Dark Elf Slavers
Dark Elf Army of Khaine (assuming it's done in time)

We do not plan to post any variant lists for non-DE forces at this time. However, any variant lists that players wish to use are of course welcome, with opponents consent.

This is a great opportunity for everyone to play and have fun, but I am not comfortable creating a whole bunch of new "variants."

Thanks,
J

Langmann asked me to come up with a varient HE list, and so I did - the War Council of Asuryan. I"ll post it here if you want, but I was under the impression it would be included for this campaign. If not, no harm no foul
Burn Naggaroth

Enthardon the Aesenar

Jeffleong13
Warmaster of Slaanesh

Post by Jeffleong13 »

I am not inclined to add too many variant lists at this point. Keep working on it - we may be able to use it at a later date.

Thanks,
J
Enthardon
Highborn

Post by Enthardon »

Jeff,

I understand you may not be inclined to have a non-DE varient list, and I understand your reasoning too, but this was not my idea. It was Langmann's, and he proposed that we have a varient list for fun and to give the HE some love after that horrible Sea Guard list we got. I went ahead and wrote out the list with the Loremaster Congress - specifically Regulus - and playtested it. Already I have told people there *will* be a HE varient list, and I really don't see the harm in it at all.

In reality it was my error for not bouncing the idea off of you and Underway since you two are the technical guys in charge. And my apologizes if I sound stubborn about this, but it was kind of a suprise to hear a no to the varient list when I was already told to submit one. Perhaps I could show the list to everyone to make sure its solid?

Tim
Burn Naggaroth

Enthardon the Aesenar

Jeffleong13
Warmaster of Slaanesh

Post by Jeffleong13 »

Tim -

I understand, and I am sorry for the confusion. I do appreciate the level of effort that you and the others at Ulthuan.org have already put into the list, but I do not want non-Dark Elf variant lists in the campaign at this point. Here is why:

1. If we allow a High Elf variant list, how can I say no to an Empire variant list or even a Skaven one? How about a Dwarf "Nautilus Patrol" list? There is no realistic way for us to police them, so we'll just cut them off.
2. Although we count on participation from other races, this is a Dark Elf campaign. Everyone will have a say in it, but it needs to stay focused on Dark Elves.

Now, if you want to suggest army composition for HE armies (within the current army list) that would be more in line with the battles taking place in the campaign - I'm all for it. If your folks want to play the variant list, feel free to do so (with opponent's permission, of course). I have nothing against "house rules" variant lists, but I don't want to dilute the campaign with too many of them.

Again, sorry about the mixup, but thanks for understanding -
Jeff
Langmann
Malekith's Tastetester & Physician
Malekith's Tastetester & Physician

Post by Langmann »

I'm sorry for the confusion, hopefully these things will clear as the handoff to Jeff and Underway finishes. I think this is one of the final things that I had set up. So the future should be all Jeff and Underway. This is my fault and I take full responsibility and there will be a resolution.

I just posted it in their special forum yesterday, Enthardon and they were discussing it now, sorry for not getting back to you immediately.

I did promise them a list, because the two sites are strongly linked, if you guys can work together on what would be an acceptable list, for the campaign I would be grateful.
While running a million dollar company, singing at weddings, and his frequent jetting to Spain Elton Jon style, Dark Alliance found the time to stand on the doorstep of Games Workshop like Moses and the Pharoah and calmly state, "Let my people go."
Enthardon
Highborn

Post by Enthardon »

Well many thanks to Jeff for helping out and going the extra effort to call me over the list. Just so everyone else is thinking there may still be a problem over this issue - its being taken care of.

Regards,

Tim
Burn Naggaroth

Enthardon the Aesenar