Day 1 Fluff

Old campaign - Where the Druchii Net Online Campaign was discussed

Moderators: Underway, Jeffleong13, The Dread Knights

Langmann
Malekith's Tastetester & Physician

Day 1 Fluff

Post by Langmann »

Alright so the campaign should start this weekend. Let me know when is the perfect start date for you guys. I promised a start at the beginning of October and now the GW US web site says it starts on Oct 1, which is a good time since people will have the whole weekend to play games.

Also someone has to write the Day 1 fluff to be added onto the fluff I already have. It should have character names and stuff like that in it similar to Gav's writings. Don't worry about explaining the battlesites too much as I have already done that.

If you paste the written fluff in here I will put it on the web page.

Also when are you guys planning on updating the fluff? Every weekend, or twice a week? Let me know so I can paste that on the site so people get used to regularity instead of wondering what the hell is happening when there isn't a report every day. As this is going to be a slower campaign than the GW one, likely lasting several months until perhaps spring/beginning of summer, we can take it a bit easier. Also since people tend to only play 1 time per week it should be easier for the players as well.

Also any other ideas?
While running a million dollar company, singing at weddings, and his frequent jetting to Spain Elton Jon style, Dark Alliance found the time to stand on the doorstep of Games Workshop like Moses and the Pharoah and calmly state, "Let my people go."
Jeffleong13
Warmaster of Slaanesh

Post by Jeffleong13 »

I will try to work on something for Day 1. I am thinking at least once a week for updates ... maybe twice if it's really hopping!

J
Langmann

Post by Langmann »

What day do you guys plan to have the fluff released per week? Sunday? Which day is appropriate?
While running a million dollar company, singing at weddings, and his frequent jetting to Spain Elton Jon style, Dark Alliance found the time to stand on the doorstep of Games Workshop like Moses and the Pharoah and calmly state, "Let my people go."
Jeffleong13
Warmaster of Slaanesh

Post by Jeffleong13 »

I was actually shooting for Tuesday ... would give me time to see from the weekend. You posted Sunday, so we'll make something happen by then.

I asked Nagathi to give me stats by the end of the day on Saturday so that I can write up something on Sunday. Work has been killing me lately (and I have a WD article due in two weeks) so I haven't really gotten to character inclusion yet. Will try to get that in the next week.

I imagine the initial fluff will just be "battle is joined" type stuff with a nod to any specific advances.

J
Langmann

Post by Langmann »

jeffleong13 wrote:I was actually shooting for Tuesday ... would give me time to see from the weekend. You posted Sunday, so we'll make something happen by then.

I asked Nagathi to give me stats by the end of the day on Saturday so that I can write up something on Sunday. Work has been killing me lately (and I have a WD article due in two weeks) so I haven't really gotten to character inclusion yet. Will try to get that in the next week.

I imagine the initial fluff will just be "battle is joined" type stuff with a nod to any specific advances.

J

You can choose Tuesday if you like! as longs as you guys are consistent.
Jeffleong13
Warmaster of Slaanesh

Post by Jeffleong13 »

I also envision that updates will come more quickly when things are happening. For instance, if there are major gains, we'll just drop one in for fun.

J