Kinstrife In Har Ganeth

Old campaign - Where the Druchii Net Online Campaign was discussed

Moderators: Underway, Jeffleong13, The Dread Knights

Voodoomaster
Lord General Of Khaine

Post by Voodoomaster »

Dispatch to Generals Galeth Sieth and D'stry DarkShroud,

I Apoligise for the Delay in this Message but i have been fighting in Ghrond for 2 solid Days and i have been unable to answer any letters. these Are Your current orders.

You Shall continue to attempt to Break Through the Chaos Lines Co-ordinate your attacks with Lord Daleon Moniath. if you have not Broken Through in 2 days time you shall fall back and regroup your armies 3 Leagues From the Watchtowers.

Once you Have reached this Rallying point Galeth you Shall open the Orders you have in this enclosed Envelope.

Regards

Khael Vraneth, Lord General of Khaine

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Secret Orders:
To General Galeth Seith,

These Orders are For you to open once you have reached the rallying point. after you have read them and Shown them to Daleon Moniath Dalain Moniath and D'stry Darkshroud. They Must Be Destroyed.

Orders: Galeth, You shall take command of all Cavalry forces in all Armies that are assembled at this Rallying point. with them in the Early hours you shall Lead a Great Charge across the plains and smash through the Chaos Lines once reaching the Watchtowers, you Shall Fan out and Destroy all chaos Forces within 10 Leagues of the Spire of Darkness.

Following Your Forces with the Infantry Elements of the Army under the command of D'stry Darkshroud. They shall Prevent the Chaos Forces on your Flanks from attacking You. Once D'stry is Close enough to the Watchtower, he Shall unlease his Assassin Brother Accompanied by Shades into the Tower, and kill any Cultist forces.

i have Enclosed a Map with the Exact details.

Regards.

Khael Vraneth, Lord General of Khaine.

postscript: these orders Must be destroyed.
"For every victory there is a defeat, for every defeat there is a victory. My victory, my defeat are for all to see..."
Khael Vraneth, Lord-General of Khaine.
Deathraider
Black Guard

Post by Deathraider »

Lord General,

I have just gotten your letter and I will understand,I have kept the orders in a box until I need them if we retreat. I think that we will need to retreat but we will wait another day.

Regards
Galeth Sieth
Last edited by Deathraider on Fri Nov 05, 2004 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Death is near.

Beastmaster kurlan: hmm i dunno itl definately go to tournies anyway, as he has the spear and hod anyway, but its in blakc and white so woohoo kb hail of doom.
Me: I h8 u lol :P
just coz i found a legend combo and u didnt
Manwe
Highborn

Post by Manwe »

Lord Vraneth,

Today for the first time in many can I inform you of good tidings. My brother Dalain was healed from his poison and can probably continue to fight in two days. It is Khaine's blessing I am sure, for all feared for his life even yesterday.
This is a letter of good news only, since nothing bad has happened as yet. We have managed to cut of a part of the slaaneshi army and effectively dispatch it. This is good for even the numberless horde is looking less numberless now.
I am afraid that reinforcements will come for them also. But as yet all looks good.

Daleon Moniath, within sight of the spire of darkness.
Pirateering the #1 Dutch national hobby 1600-1700...

--------------
Group 24
Khaleth
WS: 4 S: 4 T: 4 D: 3 I: 3

Equipment: Long Sword, Spear, Shield, Light Armour and Wolfskin cloack. 145 Gold.

Skills: -
Manwe
Highborn

Post by Manwe »

A message found attached to an arrow which landed right next to Daleon's feet.

Sons, I can see you fighting as I write this. I inform you that I still live and with me another 300 men. We have not have need to fight in over 2 days. Only constant shooting at the slaanesh bastards who keep the lower bastions. There attacks on the gate have failed and are decresing. While only 3 days ago I would've given nothing for my own survival, things look brighter today. Your attacks have helped alot in cutting of their reinforcements, the slaaneshi bastards where near breaking through and only needed more men when you arrived. Since then the fighting up here has nearly stopped.
I thank you my son. I wish to suggest a plan to kill all slaaneshi bastards around. I will try to retake the lower bastion from the slaaneshi bastards. Thus forcing them to send more men up the tower. When there numbers are drained enough for you to try and raid them. Go fight them kozak style, hit them in the flanks and rear. Just deplete their numbers little by little. This way you can take out enough men to get the infantry in and kill or rout the rest. I myself will charge down when you send me a sign. This sign must come in the form of a burning signet of khaine, I will wait my sons. Now my arrow fly, fly straight and fly swift.

Your proud father Moniath.

--------------
Group 24
Khaleth

Equipment: Long Sword, Spear, Shield, Light Armour and Wolfskin cloack. 145 Gold.

Terrof darkshroud
Warrior

Post by Terrof darkshroud »

To High Lord Vraneth, Supreme comander of all true Druchii.

I write you now to inform you that my shades and me made several silent assasinations in the slaaneshi comand tents last night, we succeded in killing quite a few of their chieftains, and even 2 sorceresses, their heads sits on top pikes around their own camp now. This was the last strike we could push through at this time since we have run out of supplies and therefore need to retourn to the main camp. It is my hope that this will weaken them enough for a decisive strike to be aimed at them soon.

Terr´of Darkshroud, Assasin of Khaine.
Deathraider
Black Guard

Post by Deathraider »

Lord General,

Moniath just sent a letter saying that him and 300 men still live and there is no fighting. This letter has brought us now tidings of joy, now we fight twice as hard. WE WILL WIN!

Regards
Galeth Sieth
Last edited by Deathraider on Sun Nov 07, 2004 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Death is near.

Beastmaster kurlan: hmm i dunno itl definately go to tournies anyway, as he has the spear and hod anyway, but its in blakc and white so woohoo kb hail of doom.
Deathraider
Black Guard

Post by Deathraider »

Lord General,

We retreated and hit the slaaneeshi twice as hard. We managed to get through the lines and give enough time to get Moniath out. What do you wish for use to do now?

Regards
Galeth Sieth
Death is near.

Manwe
Highborn

Post by Manwe »

Lord Vraneth, good friend,

I write to you again, for the first time in one and a half week not fearing it will be my last letter. I am finally out of the tower. It has taken the toll on lots of us but we have succeeded. After 43 years I've seen lord Sieth again. And how glad was I to see him. A great surprise it was to see lord darkshroud with him, it seems times like these bring old friend back together. I will have to reward them with some of that splendid wine of mine. But that will be in times of laughter not sorrow.
I have heard of your promotion and congratulate you. Now to the technical issues. I have only 200 men left. 21 of my loyal executioners still live. Losing 185 of their brethren they have sworn revenge, but I managed to persuade them to get more men. We cannot fight with such a small army. I understand that my sons have left behind all of their footfolk in ghrond, so that is where I shall go. Taking my sons with me, for they still await your punishment.

Lord Moniath, travelling towards Ghrond.

--------------
Group 24
Khaleth

Terrof darkshroud
Warrior

Lord Vraneth, High General of all True Druchii

As other letters without a doubt have told you already, we have now succeded in freeing our old friend Lord Moniath from the bloody siege. My brother lost several of his best shades in the storming of the lower bastions due to an ambush of females that, according to some of the surviving shades, rivaled the holy brides of Khaine in pure physical beauty. When i tryed to investigate this matter personally, i found that my brother had already burned all followers of Slaanesh that had died in the bastion to purify the place.
As i see it now, however we have several options to take.
1: My brother and me stay in the tower and try to hold it until Lord Vraneth can retourn with reinforcements. My brother and me are ready to willingly take this assignment upon us if you deem it needed for a victory.
2: We leave the tower for the chaos scum to take over for now and double back to Ghrond for reinforcements, allthough i am loath to do this as it would cost many lives to reclaim it afterwards.

I would greatly appriciate it if you would answer this letter as son as possible since the longet we linger here the higher are our chances to be cought in a siege like Lord Moniath.

Lord D´stry Darkshroud, camping at the base of The Spire of Darkness.
Voodoomaster
Lord General Of Khaine

Post by Voodoomaster »

37th Day of the Civil war,

At last some good news from the north, General Sieth followed my orders exactly and that Lord Moniath has been rescued from the Tower. I give thanks to Khaine that i have compitant commanders under my command.

Lord Monaith is currently on route to Ghrond as a write now with his Sons who shall not escape my wrath, i shall also re-call General Sieth and D'stry Darkshroud back to Ghrond as i wish to speak with my closest allies in person.

Here in Ghrond however the steady progress of beating back to Cultists has been halted into a bloody stalemate. neither side has been able to gain the upper hand, even why i myself lead the attack, The Chaos Scum simply fall back and defend another part of the city. they are smarter than they look.

Now however the candle burns low i shall have to write orders to several commanders before i retire.

"For every victory there is a defeat, for every defeat there is a victory. My victory, my defeat are for all to see..."
Voodoomaster
Lord General Of Khaine

Post by Voodoomaster »

Dispatch to D'stry Darkshroud.

General, i have read your letter and after great thought i have decided on the following course of Action. I can ill afford the loss of any of my allies in these dark times, so i am recalling you and your brother to Ghrond. i shall however be leaving the 15th Legion of Har Ganeth there to hold the Watchtower.

I Shall see you in Ghrond General.

Voodoomaster
Lord General Of Khaine

Post by Voodoomaster »

Dispatch to General Sieth,

General, your new orders are to fall back to Ghrond, i am hoping that fresh forces should be able to flush the Cultists out of the city. Do not think that i shall be leaving the watchtower undefended i shall be leaving the 15th leigon of Har Ganeth there to defend the Watchtower.

i Shall See you soon General,

Deathraider
Black Guard

Post by Deathraider »

My Lord General,
I will be at Ghrond in 2 days. Moniath and his sons are coming on the fastest steed I could provide. I have sent a regiment of my finest knights to guard them on their return.

Regards
Galeth Sieth
Death is near.

Terrof darkshroud
Warrior

We have recieved your orders and are now marching towards Ghrond, due to the holdup at the Spire of Darkness we wont be in Ghrond for another 2 days with our cavelry, our infantery will reach us in 3 days along with my brother.

Lord D´stry Darkshroud, riding towards Ghrond.
Manwe
Highborn

Post by Manwe »

Lord Vraneth,

I have have had the greatest news in centuries. My brother who was deemed lost with his fleet near cathay is alive! He lives yet and has made an outpost in the mountains. He has not been able to send any messages until now, for when he saw some of our raiders he managed to give them a letter. I can not tell you how happy I am with this great news. After this is all over I invite you for some relaxing weeks of manhunting games in cathay, for I am sure he still remembers you, especially your brother for he was always his favourite but you where a great friend of him to.
I will arrive in 1 day.

Good Hunting Lord Moniath, riding towards Ghrond.

--------------
Group 24
Khaleth

Voodoomaster
Lord General Of Khaine

Post by Voodoomaster »

39th Day of the Civil War,

The City is now becoming Hard Pressed, most of my troops are struggling to hold back the cultists, i still have no idea how they are getting into the city but they are with greater numbers each day. However it seems that the cult within the city is Unaware of what approches from the north, Lord Moniath, his Sons, General Sieth and General D'stry Darkshroud together with a total of 4 legions are marching south to Ghrond. In two Days i plan to announce a Council of War which shall sit in three days time. this will i hope attrack some unwelcomed attention from Veloran Erathai and his Devoted warriors, i still have to repay him for killing High Priestess Marnei Sarelle.

In the South i have Heard Great news, the Wrath Gate has been Sealed, i am not surpised that my sister has not contacted me yet as the magic needed to seal the gates would have greatly weakened her. i shall send General Kala a great Gift in Congratulations of her Success.

But now the Candle Burns Low and i shall have to rise early.

Manwe
Highborn

Post by Manwe »

Lord Vraneth,

I see the bastion of ghrond as I write this.
We will arrive in half a day time, may our reunion be great and the bloodshed even greater! The great surprise of my brothers survival has struck me with great pleasure and refilled strength! I will make it through this war just to see him again. Maybe I will decide to go and live in Cathay. For my services here are no longer appreciated by any but you. Since I am a devout enemy of the cult they will try to kill me as long as I live here. I am not certain about my future yet, but none are in these times. First there is a war to fight, then the problem of the future.

May the hunting be good,
Lord Moniath

--------------
Group 24
Khaleth

Deathraider
Black Guard

Post by Deathraider »

Lord General,

I have arrived at Ghrond and I will defend it till the end, I have also heard that Wrath Gate has been sealed send my thanks to all of the generals who are there

Regards
Galeth Sieth
Death is near.

Voodoomaster
Lord General Of Khaine

Post by Voodoomaster »

40th Day of the Civil War,

Still there is no breakthrough here at the city however i can see with my own two eyes now the banners of Lord Moniath and of General Sieth, however the Cultists have yet to notice the large forces massing outside the city, ha i spit on them, the fools by tomorrow their should be a large cavalry force moving through the steets of Ghrond cutting down any in there path.

However there is some good news i found one of the Cults command buildings in the City although the Annonited Veloran Erathai was not present i have slain half a score of Sorcreresses, this lack of Command should hit the cult hard.

If you Excuse me i shall have to go as reports have just reached me of a Cultist attack on a Temple.

Terrof darkshroud
Warrior

Lord General Khael Vraneth

My army have now arrived outside of Ghrond, it is a sight only made greater of the cultist blood i know will flow in the streets once we enter on your command. My brother have already entered to city along with his finest shaded that he have trained to an urban warfare, the remaining 4 of the shades now makes up my own bodyguard together with the two executioner twins that i saved a year back. With them lending strenght to the bloody Draich that my army have become to these cultist scum, i am sure that nothing shal stand in our path along our way to glory and eternel life with alongside Khaine.

Lord D´stry Darkshroud
Nagathi
The Exiled One

Post by Nagathi »

At the morning of the 43rd day of the never-ending campaign, Khael Vraneth notices a dead sentinel lying in the gravel outside his tent. In the guard's hand lies a note of the finest paper. Khael picks up the bloodied paper before rolling the guard aside.

Khael Vraneth,

I have seen your deeds around these areas. You slaughter innocent, you slay the weak, and you butcher the beautiful animals of the wild. Your sinful actions must stop, or you will face the consequences. I am a person of which you can trust, and hear my words as I beseech you to stop. I have no intentions on killing you off right now, I have a better goal to strive to. However, you seek to murder my friends, and for this you will pay dearly.

You have received my warning. Any messengers sent out from your pathetic city will be noticed by me and my scouts. Messages to me should be sent this way.
I once more ask you to surrender your current behaviour. Call back your forces. Let Naggaroth be a united state. Let Malekith rule it as he wishes. Don’t let your false god guide you on this diluted path.

Loremaster Nagathi
The Daemonwhisperer
Voodoomaster
Lord General Of Khaine

Post by Voodoomaster »

41st Day of the Civil War,

At last General Sieth and his Cavalry force have arrived his forces carved through the cultists forces in the city like a draich through flesh. i saw the general from afar as his forces ran riot through the city. it was good to see such slaughter in the Name of Khaine.

With his Arrival i have finally announced my long planned council of War, this news brought great joy from the temple, as for a long time they have been trying to foce me to call in my allies for them to pledge their alliances to the temple. However i do not plan for them to place their alliances to the temple but to me.

No excuse me i have to go greet Lord Moniath at the Gate.

Voodoomaster
Lord General Of Khaine

Post by Voodoomaster »

Morning of the 43rd Day of the Civil War,

This Morning at Dawn when i rose for My daily training i found one of the sentries from the wall lying in the Courtyard of my apartments in the City. In his Hand was a piece of Paper with a message from the this so called "Loremaster Nagathi" hmm i shall respond but not in the way he hopes, But However on the eve of my Council of War i do not think that this was a coincedense.

I shall consult my allies in my Council of War in a few Hours time but there is one thing that is certain i shall not be Taunted by some scum of Slannesh.

no if You Excuse me i am vexed i shall go kill some Cultists before the Council in a few hours time.

General kala
Blasphemer and Heretic
Blasphemer and Heretic
Location: Sowing the seeds of evil in the hills of Austin, TX

Post by General kala »

Lord General Khael Vraneth
High Commander of the Armies of Khaine

Greetings Friend and Ally,

Far too long it has been that we have spoken. A few weeks stretches out to seem like years in this conflict.

I am writing to you from within the 5th and 7th Division encampment south of the 6th Gate. I am here handling a rogue Sorceress that was sowing discord among my troops. It may be a while before the damage she has wrought is undone. Still, I am enjoying the opportunity to get away from the Gate and fight from level ground for a change. Our hated cousins may also enjoy the new attention that they are getting from their southern front.

But I am writing in regard to your sister. Now that she has recovered, I have been contemplating placing her in a command position over the Wrath Gate fortifications in my absence. Now that the Great Seals are again enchanted and Lord Melphular and Lord General Maksoui hold the flanking passes, the gate fortifications are extraordinarily secure. My seconds are commanding the Black Lotus 1st and 23rd as support troops. The fighting has been taken to the enemy at the Shadow Gate site. Duke Tularc has been overseeing the security of the fortifications and the canyon approach. He has done well. But your sister is restless and a position of authority would allow her to hone her skills. She needs tempering if she is to become a Warlord worthy of the House of Vraneth.

I do not wish to intentionally place her in a position of peril. (Forgive my earlier insinuation. It was born of frustration and rage.) But it must be understood that there is the possibility, however remote, that she may fail in her duties. Being a Druchii commander and Lord General of Khaine you are fully aware of the price of failure. I must be the one to extract this price if it comes time to pay. Both His Majesty and your lord Khaine demand no less.

My question is this – Should I offer your sister command of the Wrath Gate fortifications in lieu of Duke Tularc while I am absent?

May the shadows grant you wisdom,
General Kala Kodai Velari
Commander, Black Lotus Brigade
Because anyone vicious enough to shoot down her own battlecruiser because there might be a traitor at the helm deserves to have a Druchii namesake.
Voodoomaster
Lord General Of Khaine

Post by Voodoomaster »

Evening of the 43rd day of the Civil War.

My great council has been held and has ended, attending were Lord Moniath and his Sons Daleon and Dalain, Galeth Sieth, D'stry Darkshroud and his assassin brother also present was Drake Everslayer who had only arrived a few hours earlier.

For 4 long Hours the council sat discussing many things, the war, our own aims and goals, but most importantly the letter sent to me by this so called Loremaster Nagathi, the younger Generals Daleon, Dalain, Galeth, D'stry and Drake all thought it was absurd that he should threaten me, however both me, Lord Moniath and D'stry's Assassin brother kept quiet on the mastter. Out of all those assembled in that hall only i have fought a Anointed of Slannesh, perhaps of should ask General Kala's advice on the matter.

The Council ended with my discession that i will not go to Karond Kar my pressence is needed more here in Ghrond, i have dispatched some of my greatest Dark Riders to bear messages to all the citys of Naggaroth calling for aid. As for Karond Kar i shall have to dispatch another legion from Har Ganeth, Or i could recall Kaleth Blackheart from the Bleak Coast. We Gave thanks to Khaine for everything and my allies left.

I must Rest now as i ponder what to do about Karond Kar.

Khael Vraneth, Lord General of Khaine
Last edited by Voodoomaster on Wed Nov 17, 2004 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.