New High Elf Heroes Who Have Potential

How to beat those cowardly High Elves?

Moderators: Layne, The Dread Knights

Pmpn8ez
Evil Vampire Lord Fluffy

New High Elf Heroes Who Have Potential

Post by Pmpn8ez »

I dont know if everyone has seen these minis (only one of them was on the Warhammer Sneak Peeks section on the GW site), but the one on the right has some real potential (with a bit of work and a nice paint job) for nobles or HB conversions. A little green stuff to make the axe longer and you have a DoDP (and perhaps a little work on the blade). Anyway, they're really great minis, so I figured I'd share.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v195/JaqTaar/Bild.jpg
"We are the most civilized race in the world. We have more exquisite ways to kill than any other." -Lord Vraneth the Cruel, master of Har Ganeth

«The wonder has a name: pmpn8ez.»
Seanzala
Death Jester

Post by Seanzala »

i agree. You could exchange the axe for a BG Halberd and have a good Crimson Death.
Anaryin
Lord of the 7th Convent

Post by Anaryin »

The First one isn't good, the second one though, very very nice :)
Valtor the tainted
Highborn

Post by Valtor the tainted »

second one doesnt look elven at all all though i do like the head on it

it kinda looks like prince Arthas from WarcraftIII
Perversions of Pain sweep through your mind
Pmpn8ez
Evil Vampire Lord Fluffy

Post by Pmpn8ez »

There is also a painted sample of the first one (the head of which looks like a man when fully painted and all) on the GW website in the sneak peeks section if you guys wanted to see it. However, its not that great of a model (especially since it adds massive height with the ball thingy), but that second one- just a few edits here or there and its lookin real pretty.
"We are the most civilized race in the world. We have more exquisite ways to kill than any other." -Lord Vraneth the Cruel, master of Har Ganeth

Llamarama
Executioner
Location: The snowy slopes of Minnesota, living with yetis and winter wolves...

Post by Llamarama »

Personally I like them both, and they are quite nice for plastics...
www.underempire.net -- Come visit us! The Skaven are calling you...

Member of the Council of Thirteen
Llamarama
Executioner

Post by Llamarama »

Anyone have a link to the sneak peeks? Can't seem to find it...

Chaosgiant
Trainee Warrior

RE:

Post by Chaosgiant »

It's on the News pages... here: http://oz.games-workshop.com/news/news.htm it's a little more than half-way down the page. You might want the UK ones, but they are mostly the same...
I'm, an Ogre! GRRRRRRR!
Cal
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Cal »

Theres one place that white lion captain is going. My high elf army and I will probably do him up on a diorama for painting contests.
I doubt it would work as a druchii as it screams asur and a black guard halberd would just look wrong.
NK wrote:Bonjour et bienvenue lá Druchii.net Hastings!(Excuse the Christie pun, I'm an avid reader of Poirot!)! Cannot help you here mon ami, but again bienvenue! Now, I must say 'Abiento!'. I have threads to browse.
Llamarama
Executioner

Post by Llamarama »

Wonderful! Thank you.

Mordru
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Mordru »

It should be no real trouble at all to snip that thing the sorceress is standing on and put her on a proper base.

Does anyone know, are these models plastic or metal?
To strive, to persevere, to conquer.
Chaosgiant
Trainee Warrior

Post by Chaosgiant »

Going by the pics they're plastic, but I really hope they are (some things are first done in plastic then done in metal for distribution apparently, such as the Scraplauncher for OK)
I'm, an Ogre! GRRRRRRR!
Nagathi
The Exiled One

Post by Nagathi »

chaosgiant wrote:Going by the pics they're plastic, but I really hope they are (some things are first done in plastic then done in metal for distribution apparently, such as the Scraplauncher for OK)

It is not plastic. It is a material called resin. It looks like plastic on images, but it isn't. These will probably be in metal when they hit the shelves.

- Nag
Vampire master morph
Malekith's Best Friend
Location: Scotland,Aberdeen,Feeding Asur To My Pet Harpies...

Post by Vampire master morph »

Yeh,those minis look kool,if only some would come out for dark elves,and in WD300 theres the new repeter in near the start of the mag which looks pirtty kool...

Morph
Pmpn8ez
Evil Vampire Lord Fluffy

Post by Pmpn8ez »

Even if they dont come out with DE models; black hair, some darkly painted features, and some pointy bits made of green stuff and voila! I sure hope they're not pewter when they hit the shelves, as that would make it much more difficult to make "corrections", but if they are resin and stay resin, that wouldnt be so bad (its a material that forgeworld uses a lot, much like plastic except not).

Aenari
Warrior

Post by Aenari »

No their won't be staying resin. Test models tend to be made in Resin, for one reason or other. These models will be sold in metal when they come out.
Paneum
Trainee Warrior

Post by Paneum »

well... that sends the conversion options dancing away, right?

even in plastic, it would be a real pain to convert that dragon cloak into a sea dragon cloak :S and the armour doesn't look so dark elf either...

about the resin, someone was saying in THE UNDERWORLD (skaven foum) that in games day '04 gav thorpe went to talk about the gaming future and there was a sculptor with him that got a resin preview of the plastic plague monks that will be hitting shelves in the summer '05.

the all go plastic topic is something that has been talked about for some time now... but i think they tend to stay in the troops range... all the stand alone models will be metal.

take the Ogre Kingdoms army for example... it's the newest and all those brute minis come in plastic... yet all the characters (and some special or rare units) are metal (in this particular case, HEAVY METAL!!! \||/ ;)) ...

so, they will be metal almost for shure... say bye bye to conversions.
"i crave the thingies... the small pointy sharp little thingies... ahrrrrr the thingies.....voices in da head tells you die i get thingies! "

"the nameless one whom you can't say the name for it is nameless and ath no name"
Pmpn8ez
Evil Vampire Lord Fluffy

Post by Pmpn8ez »

Models are pewter, not metal, to be exact. Metal is too broad to describe the actual elements which compose pewter (which, in turn, is a hybrid of several metallic elements). That doesn't rule out conversions; however, it does make them a bit more difficult. You can still add bits and pieces freely with epoxy putty (green stuff), but cutting them off would be a bit more difficult (probably require a very hot knife, or something ridiculously hard like a diamond-encrusted blade with a monomolecular/surgically sharpe edge). Either way, conversions are possible by adding green stuff for sure, and possibly even by cutting off smaller bits.

General kala
Blasphemer and Heretic
Blasphemer and Heretic
Location: Sowing the seeds of evil in the hills of Austin, TX

Post by General kala »

pmpn8ez wrote:You can still add bits and pieces freely with epoxy putty (green stuff), but cutting them off would be a bit more difficult (probably require a very hot knife, or something ridiculously hard like a diamond-encrusted blade with a monomolecular/surgically sharpe edge).

<mr smartypants>

Wow. And here I've been cutting apart my metal minis with a ten dollar hobby saw all along. Didn't know that I needed a diamond encrusted monomoclecular blade. :D

Oh, and pewter is a metal. It is an alloy of Copper, Tin and Antimony.

To be exact. :D :D

</mr smartypants>
Because anyone vicious enough to shoot down her own battlecruiser because there might be a traitor at the helm deserves to have a Druchii namesake.
Icedruchii
Beastmaster

Post by Icedruchii »

i think the first one would do great with the ball removed and a bit of a touch up with green stuff for a sorceress bu the second model i really dont know about doesnt go well with me.
Pmpn8ez
Evil Vampire Lord Fluffy

Post by Pmpn8ez »

General Kala wrote:Wow. And here I've been cutting apart my metal minis with a ten dollar hobby saw all along. Didn't know that I needed a diamond encrusted monomoclecular blade. :D

Oh, and pewter is a metal. It is an alloy of Copper, Tin and Antimony.

I didnt say you *needed* a diamond encrusted or monomolecular blade, I just said it helps, as those are two extremes which will make ends meet. You could probably do with a bimolecular blade :roll: or one with a tip encrusted with something harder than pewter. As for it not being a metal, I didnt say that. I said it isn't simply metal, that it was:
"(which, in turn, is a hybrid of several metallic elements)."
as copied and pasted :).

General kala
Blasphemer and Heretic
Blasphemer and Heretic
Location: Sowing the seeds of evil in the hills of Austin, TX

Post by General kala »

Sorry, couldn't resist.

I plead the Malus Darkblade defense - "I was temporarily possessed by a demon, your honor. But I'm better now."
Because anyone vicious enough to shoot down her own battlecruiser because there might be a traitor at the helm deserves to have a Druchii namesake.
Pwmf200
Corsair

Post by Pwmf200 »

The white metal they use now (unlike the old lead much softer) is harder to convert but can be done, white metals not that hard much softer than the steel alloys tools are made of, a razor saw (nice thin blade to do minuim collatral) a set of files and your set, a good knife helps.
Nagelmorte
Warrior

Post by Nagelmorte »

Its seems that everyone loves this model ;)

Both VC an Chaos forums hve at least one post praising this figure. (For no apparent reasn if you ask me)

The only impressie with this model is the fact that its made of plastic
Nagathi
The Exiled One

Post by Nagathi »

Nagelmorte wrote:The only impressie with this model is the fact that its made of plastic
And if you read this thread, you'll see that that's not the case. It's resin, not plastic.

- Nag