The Druchii.net chat

Throw your ideas for Druchii.net around in here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Does the chat need more server space?

Poll ended at Sun Jan 01, 2006 10:13 pm

Total votes: 0

Noble korhedron
Empire General

The Druchii.net chat

Post by Noble korhedron »

Has anyone had much problems with chat? I think it may need a more powerful server, or is it just my PC?
Regards,

NK.

http://ulthuan.net/forum
http://warhammer.org.uk/phpBB/index.php
http://warhammer-empire.com/theforum/index.php
http://www.bartertown.com/trading/index.php

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.
Rork
Lord of Khorne
Lord of Khorne

Post by Rork »

I understand that Kitrik has something in the works. He's a busy man, but here's hoping :).

"Rork.. a wonderful guy :)" - Linda Lobsta Defenda

+++ Team Mulligans +++
Nagathi
The Exiled One

Post by Nagathi »

The chat does not need more server space. I think I know what your problems are, but they're not really problems. Either you are referring to the constant updating of the message window, but the page need to upload itself or you won't see any messages. If that's not the problem, then maybe you mean the ever-appearing glitches and so called "laggs". Those are server glitches, not something the chat causes.

Nagathi
Chat Moderator
Mr_piechee
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Mr_piechee »

can't it hav some sort of system where when a 'chat' is sent it updates then instead of every 10 seconds (or somthing like that, shorter i think)..... i don't hav a clue how its done... but i think that would b better.... and u should be able to talk to just 1 or 2 chatters.. so open up the chat window and then u can open a new window from that and add chatters to it... and they can then acept or decline...
[hope you don't mind my random babel] ~ Take a look to the sky just before you die, its the last time you will ~ my pics
Darkprincess
Chosen Babe of Slaanesh

Post by Darkprincess »

To be honest, after suffering the indignities of the asur.org chat for three weeks, our own humble chatroom is a dream. OK, it's not perfect, but the good points far outweigh the bad ones.
The Dark Princess
High Priestess of the Cult Of Pleasure

Give yourself over to absolute pleasure
Swim the warm waters of sins of the flesh
Erotic nighmares beyond any measure
And sensual daydreams to treasure forever
Mr_piechee
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Mr_piechee »

yeh... i do agree... its gd compared to most other chart things u don't hav to download..... but that could b it..... the site could hav a downloadable chat... or somthing that piggy bks onto another chat program like msn or mirc
[hope you don't mind my random babel] ~ Take a look to the sky just before you die, its the last time you will ~ my pics
Nagathi
The Exiled One

Post by Nagathi »

Druchii.net already has a mIRC channel. Two to be honest.
QuakeNet: #Druchii
and also
Newnet: #Warhammer

The latter is a thing Kitrik apparently suggested some time ago (he really should tell all about the great things he does, even if this was not one of them). All the mIRC chatters from D.net, A.org and the other major sites should have one chatroom all together. I don't like the idea, but no one's asking for my opinion (I'm only the friggin chat mod :()

- Nag