Ras' WIP sculpted Ogre Tyrant

Discover the age-old techniques of painting...

Moderators: Layne, xFallenx, cultofkhaine

Forum rules
Remember that picture file size should be no larger than 256KB.
For the full Painting and Modelling rules, visit [url]http://www.druchii.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=27440[/url]
Rasputinii
M-A-D

Ras' WIP sculpted Ogre Tyrant

Post by Rasputinii »

Ok well here be a project you have heard me mention else where but this guy is my first real major sculpt thats coming out nicely. I am not doing a ogre army as of yet, but I couldn't resit converting a tyrant and as I am getting itno my sculpting I decided to pretty much sculpt him. He is based around a bull, but has been quatered and filled out. The result is something that looks completely different, and substancially bigger. As I say it is a WIP. I have some more details to do, to sculpt his right hand and to attach his bell. He is based round the religously fanatical Lazarghs tribe which is why the finished model will be dragging a massive bell behind him, and also explains the rocks that have replaced his teeth.

Any way, pics:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v245/ ... C01502.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v245/ ... C01505.jpg

Sorry about the darkness of the first pic. I haven't the time to really put the effort into the photos at the moment.

I would love to hear your opinions, but please be gentle this is my first detailed sculpt and I am only young...

Ras

EDIT: Just relalised that both Pics are from the same angle and you can't see very much. I will add some more, better, pics tomorrow :D.
Pleased to be back
Mar-win
Highborn

Post by Mar-win »

omfg! that's one large axe 8)

looking good! keep us updated! :)
RasputinII wrote:FANTASTIC!

I LOVE IT SOO MUCH I AM USING CAPS - AND I HATE CAPS!
Ke'hl'ash silinrul
Noble

Post by Ke'hl'ash silinrul »

Looks really nice. The axe is awesome. Totally Ogre like.

There is still much that canb e done but so far it looks great. And with your painting skills I know this one will be another model to drool over when he is finished.
I am Ke'hl'ash Silinrul, Bounty Hunter!!!

Beware of the shadows!!!
Cal
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Cal »

Though it's better than I could do I really don't like it. It just looks messy and all over the place, there's not enough flab or muscles IMO and nothing looks togethor. I know it's only a work in progress but at the moment I don't like it.
NK wrote:Bonjour et bienvenue lá Druchii.net Hastings!(Excuse the Christie pun, I'm an avid reader of Poirot!)! Cannot help you here mon ami, but again bienvenue! Now, I must say 'Abiento!'. I have threads to browse.
Jenenius
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Jenenius »

is it just me, or does he look like he should be sitting on the loo?
Let each and every race determine his own fate.
Rasputinii
M-A-D

Post by Rasputinii »

The reason for the loo like position is because he is designed to stand on a rock, and this way he is leaning back in a diagonal resting on his sword.

Like I say I will get some much better pics of him up today so you can make a better judgements. He does look pretty cack in these phtos.
Pleased to be back
Nightelf7
Dark Rider

Post by Nightelf7 »

sweet! nicde wepon man!!!!! just think about how u gonna atch tho would be terible if it staped of mid game (has happend to me b4) id love to see these when there painted up....cool

Rich
What did santa say when he met three Dark elf Sorceresses?

HOE HOE HOE!