New Cult Pics from Ras!!!!!..... New Pics Added!!!

Discover the age-old techniques of painting...

Moderators: Layne, xFallenx, cultofkhaine

Forum rules
Remember that picture file size should be no larger than 256KB.
For the full Painting and Modelling rules, visit [url]http://www.druchii.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=27440[/url]
Dark master 917
Warrior

Post by Dark master 917 »

thx rass, i'll try the snow bases out soon.
keep up the good work man,i rlly love ur army :D

dark master
''i'm the last thing you'll ever see''
Sulam
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Sulam »

They really(!) look cool!

I like the furies quite well and to me it doesn't matter that your anoinetd is big... have you guys bever seen a greater deamon/ and assuming that an anionted is a mix of a daemon and dark elf .......

What's the movement of the sorc on rock???:P:P:P

The conevrtign jobs are also cool. You've been quite original and the 'GW' for the devoted didn't annoy me @ all.

great job!

Sulam
|/^^^^^^^^^^^^^\ |______
|The Pimpmobile runs | |||'""|'"\___,
|over Bunny and Birdyl l||__|__|__|)
|(@)(@)"""""""""""""(@) (@)--------(@)

Army pics: www.bretonnia.i8.com/1darkelves.html
Belial
Modest Member

Post by Belial »

They are so great! I especially like your annointed and your sorceress. Wheres the annointeds blade from?
Rasputinii
M-A-D

Post by Rasputinii »

Belial: Its an Ushabti Glave.
Pleased to be back
Korath
Beastmaster

Post by Korath »

IVe just got one thing to say..
GREAT job mate! specially like the way u turned saint celestine into a really kool anointed.
And regarding the devoted i think u deserve much credit for not using witch elves like everyone else and instead trying something more unique and characterful..,the models like too human for mate taste but still. 8)
BEware all innocents!!! the soulraptor has returned! MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA.....
Quinn
Cold One Knight

Post by Quinn »

Good job as usual, I like your interpretations of things and agree with you that you should do it the way you like it, period! After all, this is Fantasy, how you interpret it is up to you.
A couple questions:

I'm working on a couple of FOS models (just trying to get an artistic model in my head for now) and really like yours. Since I've got a couple extra SOS laying around, I was actually thinking about doing something similiar to yours, so, did you just model the tentacles with GS?

Your annointed is using the stock 'helmet head' from the Champ of Slaneesh model, did you think of using anything else? I've been going crazy trying to figure out something to use for his head. I just don't like the stock head for a DE character. I've debated just about every possibility out there, whether it's 40k or WHFB. I've actually thought of using a Dragon Prince head, I love the look and since the Annointed departed for northern areas during the 'sundering', it might fit the fluff. What do you think.

Like I said, I like your work and keep it up.

//quinn
Pain?....you don't even know what pain is.....yet.
Evilzealot
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Evilzealot »

I like it a lot. I was seriously considering using Sisters Repenta as my chaos marauders (if I ever add them to the list).

I'd be iffy on the WYSIWYG though. Those devoted seem to be packing twohanded swords instead of two weapons ;).
Vampire master morph
Malekith's Best Friend
Location: Scotland,Aberdeen,Feeding Asur To My Pet Harpies...

Post by Vampire master morph »

My GOD!!!! :D

Raz,those have GOT to be your best works yet,i really do like them all! even if they are fro mthe cult of slaanesh :P

Keep up the great work,i hope to see a whole army of 'em!

Morph
Errdrigar
Highborn

Post by Errdrigar »

Truelly excellent work Ras - I like them all very much. I was planing to give a fast look what is happening on D.net, but when I spotted those pics I couldn't resist myself for spending few minutes for just admiring them. I wish I could have some models made so well...
Darenth slavetaker
Beastmaster

Post by Darenth slavetaker »

About time too, your probably thinking.

Damn straight....But the wait was well worth it. These models are extremely unique and well converted and painted. I don't see any problems with anything in those pics and heartily oppose those that do. Now all you need is more Core :roll:
*walks into GW HQ*

"So, is this a toy factory?"

-(In)famous last words
Robin
Dark Rider

Post by Robin »

Nice work.

I too had tought about using the repentia models for a CoS army but instead of devoted I fancied them more as marauders with great weapons. Never worked it out but maybe I shoudl reconsider.

Cheers,
Robin
"Your village called, their idiot is missing"

"Don't piss me off! I'm running out of places to hide the bodies"

"Remember: if all else fails, get out first and burn the whole thing down"
Tz'arkahn
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Tz'arkahn »

Great army! really really unique :)
I like your interpretation of the devoted. original
one thing: your pics aren't bad, they just need the right adjustments in photoshop.
I'm thinking of writing a small tutorial on how to do this :
http://home.hccnet.nl/p.colon/upload/slaanesh2.jpg
cool army ;)
.:[Sanity rests upon our eloquence]:.
...yes, I know it's tz'arkan, but that was already taken ...
Rasputinii
M-A-D

Post by Rasputinii »

Cheers every one, especially to Quinn, whose work I have always been in deep admiration of. :D So thanks. As for your questions. Yes the tentacle are just GS. However I had real problems fitting them around wire, so there isn't any wire in there! As for the ehad I do agree. I like the ehad but it is a little over used. I am fairly partial to Asubel Vect's head, although it wouldn't fit the models look. BUt I agree, there justisn't anything out there.

Tz: If you write the article I will read it. Just let me know when and where as they say...

As for some more pics, indeed I have some. Ok I know its not a Dark Elf thing, but I didn't want to make a new thread of him. This is my wraith that I put together over the week end. As yu can see I have rebuilt half the model, which is why I am so happy with him I just had to share him. I even managed to sculpt a skeletal hand! I am bit annoyed that the pic from the front is a little too blurry. I will retake that one later, because he looks great (you can tell I am pleased with myself can't you) :D

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v245/ ... C01565.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v245/ ... C01566.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v245/ ... C01574.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v245/ ... C01575.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v245/ ... C01567.jpg

Let me know what you think.
Last edited by Rasputinii on Mon Apr 04, 2005 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pleased to be back
Tz'arkahn
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Tz'arkahn »

Well, you have reason to be proud of yourself, 'cause this baby rocks! !cool!
The pose is really dynamic, it looks as if it's challenging/defying the enemy :) really cool, great sculpting.
for the tutorial: I wrote it :D You can find it via this topic :)
.:[Sanity rests upon our eloquence]:.
...yes, I know it's tz'arkan, but that was already taken ...
Cal
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Cal »

Wow, now that's a good model. Though I have at some points thought that you weren't that good at sculpting this proves me wrong, that's an amazing green.
NK wrote:Bonjour et bienvenue lá Druchii.net Hastings!(Excuse the Christie pun, I'm an avid reader of Poirot!)! Cannot help you here mon ami, but again bienvenue! Now, I must say 'Abiento!'. I have threads to browse.
Whatisthisonmyleg
Warrior

Post by Whatisthisonmyleg »

wow... could you teach me.....oh master i bow to your will...
i like them.... but you could edit the pics (on page 2) over to page one..... not for me (i dont care) but someone may want you to do it...

BTW can i "borrow" your idea about those repentias and use them as execs... i realy need a good idea for the execs and they are perfect.... plz im begging you..
I kill one man in the morning
I kill one man at night
I kill one man in the afternoon
and all the men in sight.
I kill one man in times of peace
and one in times of war
I kill one man before i kill a man
and then i kill one more
Rasputinii
M-A-D

Post by Rasputinii »

Yes of course you can use repentia for Exces. They do look good with Draichs I must say (I have one with a Draich) :D. If you want to know how to sculpt I am writing an article for the monthly which I hope should be of some use. However my biggest piece of advice is just pick up a tool some GS, some water and give it ago. Start of with something simple, like a hood on a pre made model, or a loin cloth. Somethign small. Then just build up what your doing. Over a month or so you will notice a huge change in quallity and detail. After a bit you will know that you feel ready to start a model from scratch (which is what I am doing for the article :D). The best way to learn is to teach yourself.
Pleased to be back
Lordsaradain
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Lordsaradain »

very nice converting! Though I think that red and orange dont go all that well along with the slaanesh feel IMHO.
Click here to find out how to convert cooler and cheaper models!
(\__/)
(O.o )
(> < ) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!
Llamarama
Executioner
Location: The snowy slopes of Minnesota, living with yetis and winter wolves...

Post by Llamarama »

Yay! I'm looking forward to the article Ras! :D

Awesome conversions!
Rasputinii
M-A-D

Post by Rasputinii »

Ok I have added in some new pics of the Wraith, most importantly a decent one from the front.

Also for the last time there is no red. I don't use red at all. Different oranges and pinks, but no red (except in making my pinks and Oranges)
Pleased to be back
Quinn
Cold One Knight

Post by Quinn »

Cheers every one, especially to Quinn, whose work I have always been in deep admiration of. So thanks. As for your questions. Yes the tentacle are just GS. However I had real problems fitting them around wire, so there isn't any wire in there! As for the ehad I do agree. I like the ehad but it is a little over used. I am fairly partial to Asubel Vect's head, although it wouldn't fit the models look. BUt I agree, there justisn't anything out there.

I appreciate the compliment and return it. I'm not very experienced at sculpting and not sure I can pull off the GS tentacles, especially without some wire support. I was actually thinking of 'heating' up some plastic sprue and manipulating it into tentacles. I don't know if you or anyone has tried this, but I'm thinking it might work.

As far as the head for an annointed, this is driving me absolutely crazy. I don't want to use either of the Chmp of Slaneesh heads and I'm not crazy about using a DE head, since the Annointed departed before the DEs became a seperate culture. (sigh). I'll figure it out eventually.

I like the wraith...good job.
Pain?....you don't even know what pain is.....yet.
Phoenix14
Warrior

Post by Phoenix14 »

now i know y ur so happy with them, they're fantastic!!!

1 question: wat model did you use for the sorceress?? like where can i find it??

Phoenix14
No retreat, no defeat...
Rasputinii
M-A-D

Post by Rasputinii »

Phoenix14: The sorceress is Asubel Vect's Slave (40k) with Morathi's left arm.
Pleased to be back
Frijoles negros
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Frijoles negros »

I love the 'Special Slaaneshi Rock of Doom' :P and her 'Magic Slaaneshi Sitting Rug' too.

Are those tomb king swords on the devoted?

Elves with huge hammers/swords/axes = sexy

quinn wrote:As far as the head for an annointed, this is driving me absolutely crazy.....*snip*.... I'll figure it out eventually.

You could use the classic high elf Korhil head, that would be your best bet IMHO.

@ heating plastic: It probably would work, you would have to work fast (or keep heating it) and work with plyers/tongs so you don't burn yourself though.
The artist formerly known as Maedhros.

|/^^^^^^^^^^^^^\ |______
|The Pimpmobile runs | |||'""|'"\___,
|over Bunny and Birdyl l||__|__|__|)
|(@)(@)"""""""""""""(@) (@)--------(@)
Mr_piechee
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Mr_piechee »

well to all u WYSIWYG freaks who cares its an arsome army. i realy only play with freinds so i would just tell them what the model is, and u could get away with it in a store, and if u hav the accual WYSIWYG model as well u could just ask each player bfore u play in a tornement if they don't mind u playing with a great model instead of a WYSIWYG one....

but i love the annointed.. what did u use to make it??? and are they foundary fairy thingys holding up the clock cause i got a few of them. and the devoted look so gd that i'm going to hav a go at them once i've finished my VC conversions... (whihc are taking forever cause i'm too lazy). but the devoted could b used as executioners in a non cult army....

i'm not sure about the furies, but u shouldn't care what other peeps think.
over all i love it, now just make more!!!!!!!!!
[hope you don't mind my random babel] ~ Take a look to the sky just before you die, its the last time you will ~ my pics