Graktar One-Horn... [Pics from Ras] - Updated -

Discover the age-old techniques of painting...

Moderators: Layne, xFallenx, cultofkhaine

Forum rules
Remember that picture file size should be no larger than 256KB.
For the full Painting and Modelling rules, visit [url]http://www.druchii.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=27440[/url]
Rasputinii
M-A-D

Graktar One-Horn... [Pics from Ras] - Updated -

Post by Rasputinii »

Evenin all *tips cap*

'bout time I put some more pics up, and here are a few. 'fraid they aint Druchii pics and they aint painted neither. Instead they are of Graktar One-Horn, the bloke Kazrak One Eye usurped. I haven't decided who he will be in my impending beast Army but I know one thing, he is going in it!

As you can see the model is based of a basic plastic Gor with minimal extra parts and a whole host of GS. The primary difference is the pose. This be the first model I have puttogether that is in a action pose, but I feel I have really captured the action ;). The model is based of the sketch of Gothor in the Beast of Chaos book, but has taken on its own life. The only non beastman parts are on the base, thee head he is holding and the spear, the rest if all just GS and beast man stuff (oh, the logo on the gut plate comes from a TK chariot). Ras is mega pleased with this piece, its just so shabba. The pics aren't that great, but hey whats new?

Here is a link to where the pics be, and for once I have lots of different pics of different angles (all thought I forgot a near-birds-eye view). Should have him painted in a couple of weeks....

http://photobucket.com/albums/v245/Rasp ... 4&addtype=

Oh, for those people who asked for pictures of my Orange Legion Druchii stuff I should have a whole host for you in about a month. I have alot of stuff on the table, and a few pieces I have just finished which I should very much like to show, just gonna finish up some other bitz first...

Let me know what you think,

Ras
Last edited by Rasputinii on Tue May 24, 2005 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pleased to be back
Mar-win
Highborn

Post by Mar-win »

WOW!!! now this is really something! you've really captured the beast in this model! the dynamic pose is great! and the detail on the model looks very nice :D
RasputinII wrote:FANTASTIC!

I LOVE IT SOO MUCH I AM USING CAPS - AND I HATE CAPS!
Creaux
Trainee Warrior

Post by Creaux »

For a while I thought he weas stepping into a bear-claw trap :shock:

Looking really good, the GD seems quite smooth and even. Perhaps a bit more shaggy body fur to him?

hurry up and paint him!
Creaux

Does Druchii insurance protect against "Acts of Khaine?"
Cal
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Cal »

Nice work Ras, I'd like to see more fur and perhaps a bit more detail but it's a great sculpt and I'm looking forward to see it painted. Oh and I'm loving DA's models. ;)
NK wrote:Bonjour et bienvenue lá Druchii.net Hastings!(Excuse the Christie pun, I'm an avid reader of Poirot!)! Cannot help you here mon ami, but again bienvenue! Now, I must say 'Abiento!'. I have threads to browse.
Jazperdude
Beastmaster

Post by Jazperdude »

that's some great stuff Ras ! the pose is really dynamic, and your greenstuff skills are certainly way above mine. It would be nice to see some closeup pics though.

the giant head is a very cool extra touch. Get him painted ! :)
Mormacili
Beastmaster

Post by Mormacili »

Extremly good, but is not Graktar described as a really huge beastman when compared to One eye. Your Graktar is as far as I can see not any larger than the standard plastic dude.
And also in my opinion Chartage should be razed

I once lost with a 6000 points cult of pleasure army against a 3000 point army of Sylvania.
Ansob.
Follower of Malal

Post by Ansob. »

Yikes, Ras, that's one hell of a nice GSing. Great model, hyper dynamic pose, cool look - when's the painted one available for viewing?ust not sure about the maths homework in the back. ;)
General Kala wrote:
Cenyu wrote:Hail to the King, baby.
All my eloquence fails to express it as well as this.
Rasputinii
M-A-D

Post by Rasputinii »

All & Mar-win: Cheers guys :D

Cal: He is no more or less furry then your average Beastman. Detail? How so?

Mormacili: Haven't read that passage, and just check my book and can't see it any where. Page Ref?

Asadh: It be exam practise to be precise... ;)
Pleased to be back
Xizor
Chris Tomlin

Post by Xizor »

a) (12-p), 2p, (4p - 5)...

Interesting my friend, interesting :P

Its a really nice peice dude, you got some skill there :)
I cant really tell from the pics wether the raised leg is in the correct place...maybe the birds eye pic you mentioned missing would help me to see this.

Get him painting now!

Chris
The Black Sun Weekly - an AoS Podcast

Follow me on Twitter; @the_black_sun
Rasputinii
M-A-D

Post by Rasputinii »

Arithmatic series, but a canny bugger...

I have made a start on the painting :D - he is looking good :D...
Pleased to be back
Dearchon
Highborn

Post by Dearchon »

beautiful, the green stuffing is some of the best i've seen

really wanna see that one painted
+++Oversized Signature Purged+++
Sexy beast
Warrior

Post by Sexy beast »

Great conversion. Hope you have some more pics soon.
I'm just wondering. How do you want to play the spear? I don't think there is any spear weapon in the chaos list.
Rasputinii
M-A-D

Post by Rasputinii »

DEArchon: Thanks, although its not true :D

Judazz: Cheers. The Spear is going to be a Great Weapon / Black Maul / Bray Staff / Daemon Blade depending on how I use Graktar. I have always loved the brutalness of a fast headed spear, and the Beasts allow me to use such a crude weapon. Aesthetically I find them very attractive...
Pleased to be back
Dearchon
Highborn

Post by Dearchon »

have to agree with you there, the whole beast man thing does allow for a different kind of aesthetics to be brought into play, especially when compared to the elven style of weaponry
+++Oversized Signature Purged+++
Rasputinii
M-A-D

Post by Rasputinii »

Done him :D. He looks really kool :D. Expect photos tomorrow. But also expect the first of the Orange Legion Photos. Photos of Ted the Giant / Hydra, a unit of Norse Dwarfs + Anvil of Doom, as well as maybe a couple of WIP pics of a few things. So mucho threads comming tomorrow :D
Pleased to be back