Tonnes of Pics from Ras (Druchii, Dwarfs and Beasts!!!)....

Discover the age-old techniques of painting...

Moderators: Layne, xFallenx, cultofkhaine

Forum rules
Remember that picture file size should be no larger than 256KB.
For the full Painting and Modelling rules, visit [url]http://www.druchii.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=27440[/url]
Rasputinii
M-A-D

Tonnes of Pics from Ras (Druchii, Dwarfs and Beasts!!!)....

Post by Rasputinii »

I prommissed you pics, and true to form here they are, a week late :D. However I have quite alot of stuff you. I have painted up Graktar. I have some dwarf stuff for you, and some more Orange Elves :D Each of the links below takes you to a page of pics. I really couldn't be asked to individually link to each of the 26 pics!!!

Beastmen:
Just the one man, but 5 pics. :D Graktar is finall painted and he is looking shabba. The majority of the pics make him look a tad odd, the colours seem to have seperated a bit, which is odd, but meh, photography was never my thing.
http://photobucket.com/albums/v245/Rasp ... 5&addtype=

Dwarfs:
Something new I here you cry. Well sort off. Some of you may recall that I went through a dwarf phase around last Christmas. However I never got much painted. Only one unit o 12 Dwarfs and my sexy anvil. The theme is norse (which explains the horns and spears and stuff :D). The anvil is one of my best pieces to date. Suitabley converted and nicely painted if I do say so myself ;)
http://photobucket.com/albums/v245/RasputinII/Dwarfs/

Dark Elves:
About time too! However I do have a good few things for you too look at. Those of you who were around the time of the old album section and my running gallery then will recall some of these troops, who have been rebased, touched up, improved and generally updated. Some however, will be pleasingly new. :D First there is Armaya. My sorceress on Steed, modeled as a Daemonette with Wings. One of the golden oldies, who looks better for a update and the new basing technique. Then there is Sylack on Steed, another golden oldie, also updated and rebased. Doesn't look much different, just better painted and better tone (and basing technique). There is also one unit of 16 warriors. These guys are again golden oldies, who benefit from new bases and the new banner style. The rest of the models are untouched. I just don't have the time to repaint them. The chaariot you see is part of my standardisationg process. All chariots are to be pulled by ogres. Goodbye flying chariot and troll, hello ogres. This one replaced the butter troll ;). The ogre itself was a real joy to paint and is so done very nicely IMHO ;). Then there is Lord Keldron. My noble on foot, weilding a mighty double handed dwarven hammer and carrying a shield. The banner is purely decoration, and does the job very nicely :D. He is made from my old noble some of you should remeber, but has been spliced with a heavily resposition BG man and more Green Stuff. Lastly there is Ted my hydra :D. For those of you who remeber Bill from two years ago ted will be a welcome surprise. He is a giant, who thinks he si a wizard :D. Gits and Shiggles all round. His base needs updating, but I thought it was time to share him :D
http://photobucket.com/albums/v245/RasputinII/?start=20

So there they all are. Plently of pics to get your teeth into. Let me know what you think.

Ras
Last edited by Rasputinii on Thu Jun 02, 2005 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pleased to be back
King ulrik flamebeard
Executioner

Post by King ulrik flamebeard »

Love them Ras! Love them!

Nicely done conversion on the Beastman, very nice use of GS and great paint job too (note - You like that giant's head don't you? :P )

The anvil... brilliant. Now that is a great use of Alrik, to name the parts I can see;

Alrik - Runelord
Hammer - IB standard Top
Anvil Guard - Longbeards
Anvil Guard's Shields - Alrik's Shield.

In all a stunning piece of work.

The Druchii, seen your stuff before and liked it alot. The colour sheme is outlandish but stands out well, very well. The hero looks great and just love that giant!! :D

Kudos, keep up the good work.

KU
"The blades of enemies may steal your old age;
Thieves may steal your gold;
Slander may steal your reputation;
But skill, once learned, you keep forever"

"A Dwarf is not short, he is concentrated in every respect"
Baranthazul
Ewok of DOOM

Post by Baranthazul »

The link to dwarves/beastmen are the same, and both take you to your beastmen. Thats some amazing greenstuff work, and some great paitning. Good job, I wish I could paint/model like you...
---Baran
Forum Moderator-Druchii Discussion
Skiing consists of wearing $3,000 worth of clothes, driving 200 miles in the snow just to stand around at a bar and drink.
Lord k
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Lord k »

really nice ras.

only a few things i am going to pick up on;

firstly i'm not too keen on the bases, it looks a bit like toothpaste they are walking on. i think it would work a lot better if you broke it up a ad with samllish gravel clumps or frost effect static grass or something.

secondly that anvil is seriously beautiful :shock: , as is the steed of slaanesh in photo 1

im also liking the chariot it looks much better with the bull than the "butter" troll., which i think was the only time ive ever seen a chaos troll outside of a blister pack :lol:

the banner on the warriors looks a bit flat and boring for the size of it. maybe try and add some freehand detail o it even if it is only a decorative stiching/border type thing.

and then the giant :lol: :lol: . how the hell did you think of that? anyway really nice job painting all those stars and moons , its very very neatly painted and a good, well executed idea. only thing i would suggest is to add a brim to the hat as atm it looks a bit like a dunces cap.

overall though everything is very nice and im sure its even better first hand!
Buying Warhammer minis - expensive as hell

Seeing grown men list their win/loss/draw results in their sigs as though it compensates for anything - priceless.

www.pimpcostumes.com for all your clothing needs...
Mar-win
Highborn

Post by Mar-win »

sa always very good work from your part ras! :)

I'll take them in order:

Graktar looks really cool. The colours are good and the pose is striking! the paints look as if they could've used some more water when you applied them though... maybe you could do a wash of thinned scorched brown to make the skintones blend into each other a bit more?

The dwarves look really cool as well! love the norse theme (always have) :D It may well be the picture, but it looks as if the skin could use some more depth and highlighting and the beards could use a thin wash of a darker tone to give it more depth as well :) (btw, I LOVE the chess pattern on the shields! :D)

The dark elves are as always great! (although you stole the idea I was developing with an ogre pulling the chariot *muttering* ;)) The noble is IMHO maybe the best work of yours up to date! I love the banner and the pose of him! Maybe a freehand design on the banner could be appropriate? :)

Lastly, WTF is that magician giant!? :lol: nice hydra idea ;) (really nice painting there btw :P)

Keep up the great work mate! :)
RasputinII wrote:FANTASTIC!

I LOVE IT SOO MUCH I AM USING CAPS - AND I HATE CAPS!
Rasputinii
M-A-D

Post by Rasputinii »

Thanks guys :D. The reason for the pure orange banners is simple, they reflect the armies name. The Orange Legion :D. All the banners in the list are the same for that reason. They identify the army. The banners do not identify individuals or units. Having said that I plan to have multiple banners on some characters, one for the army, and one to identify them. The dwarfs do seem to be a little flat on the face, mainly the champ. Hmm. If I could be asked, I would fix it. ;)

I told you that you would love the giant ;)

Mar-win: Yeah Mi noble is one of my best pieces to date.
Pleased to be back
Malius
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Malius »

Awsome Ras, simply awesome. like mar-win said, that noble wiht the gigantic banner is fantastic and my favourite piece because of the inspiring pose, but the boob worm/spawn is also pretty smexi :P
Archdukechocula wrote:In fact I think the problem is that there should be a better term for jerky WAAC people, such as Win Avoiding Normal Kindness, Especially Respect (A " WANKER " if you will).

now thats funny :P
Cal
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Cal »

Hmmm well I like the model of the shaman but I don't like the paitn job at all. It just looks like you haven't blended it and I hate beastmen with normal flesh colours.

The rest are great though, well done on that.
NK wrote:Bonjour et bienvenue lá Druchii.net Hastings!(Excuse the Christie pun, I'm an avid reader of Poirot!)! Cannot help you here mon ami, but again bienvenue! Now, I must say 'Abiento!'. I have threads to browse.
Rasputinii
M-A-D

Post by Rasputinii »

Cal, I know. Doesn't look like that is real lie though :D. As for the colours, well thats where we differ. I wanted a very classical look. Like the Centaurs/goat people from greek myths.

Malius: Kool, me too :D
Pleased to be back
Lyhne
The Dane

Post by Lyhne »

I Love the Anvil, its Perfect!

But erh... I dont like the giant... and i think a giant is too stupid to learn magic :|
+++Team Mulligans +++
Rorkie wrote:
Rork edit: Caps hurt my eyes. Don't hurt my eyes. If you do, I will hurt your soul.
Fr0
Trademaster

Post by Fr0 »

Right on, I was looking forward to seeing more from you.

Lord/Noble on a Steed looks gravy.

I'm thinking that's your Anointed on a 25x50 base?

Neat stuff! :)

Fr0
Lordsaradain
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Lordsaradain »

I love your giant! Funny as hell! :D XD
Click here to find out how to convert cooler and cheaper models!
(\__/)
(O.o )
(> < ) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!
Rasputinii
M-A-D

Post by Rasputinii »

I'm thinking that's your Anointed on a 25x50 base?

Nope. 20x20. If you mean my sorceress yes she is on a cav base.

But erh... I dont like the giant... and i think a giant is too stupid to learn magic

He isn't a magician, he just thinks he is ;). Thats why he doesn't need people whipping him, bnecause he thinks he is controlling every one. He particularly likes when he breathes on people and they die. He thinks it magic, we know its not brushing twice a day ;)

Oh and there is plenty of funky stuff in the pipe line, all that is nearing completion. I will let you know when they are done. :D
Pleased to be back
Nineswords
Highborn

Post by Nineswords »

Looking really good Ras. Love the beastman conversion!
ProjectEgo wrote:Knights have Ld 8. Read more.
- Project Ego rules Druchii.net with an iron fist.