My (Lizardmen) Flying Skink Priest of Doom!

Discover the age-old techniques of painting...

Moderators: Layne, xFallenx, cultofkhaine

Forum rules
Remember that picture file size should be no larger than 256KB.
For the full Painting and Modelling rules, visit [url]http://www.druchii.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=27440[/url]
Philleehellphia
Assassin

My (Lizardmen) Flying Skink Priest of Doom!

Post by Philleehellphia »

Thought I'd get as much feedback on this!

Well, as the new Skink Warchief happens to have something looks quite like the Rod of the Storm, and has the Cloak of Feathers, i thought i'd make it a Skink Priest instead(even though the RotS and the CoF is an illegal combo).

I took everyone's advice from my last encounter with my CoR(got comments from everyone around the net), and started to dry-brush and highlight my skin a bit more.

I tried to make the Rod Brass looking, but painted it with Bestial Brown, then Snakebite Leather, and then highlighting it with Blazing Gold. But it didn't work so well.

The Cloak(looking better in person) was first painted with red, drybrushed with Orange, drybrushed with yellow, and little highlights of White. Thanks to my Camera, and bad background, you can't see it too well.

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a168/ ... oD0008.jpg

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a168/ ... oD0006.jpg

And... Yeah, I'l base it eventually too :P

MODERATOR EDIT: please dont link the pics into the thread in consideration for those with slow connections.. Linda
Edmonton Oilers Western Conference Champions 2006
Ewok of DOOM

Post by Baranthazul »

Lizzies. Traitor.
Anyway, it looks pretty good. My only complaint (actually I have 2) is the inside of the cloak. It looks so boring. Its just flat color. Try some shading, or just blending up colors (my new favorite technique, I'm using it on some saurus, and they look cool), starting with a red and moving up to a lighter orange. The other complaint is the base. I try to use a main color of my army on the base, just to tie everything together, and cement that tie. But thats just me being all crazy like.
Oh ya, we've all been away from D.net for too long. No posting pics directly into the post! Links only!
---Baran
Last edited by Baranthazul on Wed Aug 31, 2005 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Forum Moderator-Druchii Discussion
Skiing consists of wearing $3,000 worth of clothes, driving 200 miles in the snow just to stand around at a bar and drink.
Lloyba
Noble

Post by Lloyba »

well, i already commented this at the pyramid vault, but here goes.
it looks good with those drybrushes, and i really like the cloak. my critics are pretty much the same as with baranthazul.

btw, how are you going to base it?
Philleehellphia
Assassin

Post by Philleehellphia »

the_kives wrote:btw, how are you going to base it?

Simple Flock/Sand and Plants?
Edmonton Oilers Western Conference Champions 2006