Not so good pictures of My army.

Discover the age-old techniques of painting...

Moderators: Layne, xFallenx, cultofkhaine

Forum rules
Remember that picture file size should be no larger than 256KB.
For the full Painting and Modelling rules, visit [url]http://www.druchii.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=27440[/url]
Slerac fellblade
Malekith's Best Friend

Not so good pictures of My army.

Post by Slerac fellblade »

This first pic is My Dark Emissary which pops in once and a while, 2 of my sorceresses my highborn and I believe My assasin who pops in at the 1500 level.

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c144/ ... blueHi.jpg

This next one is the Army I used at the Marauders GT in Oneonta on it's display board. These pictures were taken by an Outrider for GW.

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c144/ ... _Elves.jpg

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c144/ ... lves_2.jpg

More pictures I will post as I get them. Ohh yea my Photobucket will never be organized into albums so when new stuff is added I will post the link but you can just check my photobucket.

I know some of them are not that clear as well I am sorry for that.
Ian: We are trying to help as many starving children as possible
Me: Wait a day and there will be less of them
Zavval
Trainee Warrior

Post by Zavval »

Sorry to say, but your first picture's so unclear that I can't see any details on it, so it's a bit hard to say anything about the painting

Your army seems to have a nice colour scheme that is quite different from most stuff I've seen. I also like the idea of adding the flags to DR spears.
A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords at dawn
Dictator
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Dictator »

I like the color just wish those pics were better. plus the trees block LoS to a lot of the models IMHO :(

You have got to get some better ones so we can see the army/critique it better ;)
"The Cowards never came, the Weak died along the way, the Brave arrived, the Tough remained." -unknown American pioneer
VC painting log
My blog
My Lizardmen
Slerac fellblade
Malekith's Best Friend

Zaaval I am gonna tell you. I tell everyone I play that the flags are there for decoration. You wouldn't believe how many people join me in playing ring around the unit because they are afraid I have a banner in the units. There are no banners in either units just musicians.

I do plan to get better pics. Right now I am getting a package which will contain two cds that are from film developed. I am hoping that the pictures I took will come out better.
Kaja-rang
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Kaja-rang »

This probably sounds dumb, but I really liked the trees and setting you made for a map. How'd you do it?
Slerac fellblade
Malekith's Best Friend

Supplies needed:
Dremel with power sander attachment
Gravel modeling
Modeling sand
12-15 gauge wire
scotch tape
paint mostly bowns and chaos black
modeling knife
railroad modeling lichen
warhammer bits

Well first of all the board itself is made from wall insalation foam. otherwise known as polystyrene. The hill was also made from polystyrene carves with a knife and a rotor dremel. Than I glued the hill down using elmers and super glue. Now before I go into the rest of it I would have to explain the trees. ohh also at this point I carved out the road by making 2 lines in the polystyrene then cut as deep as I wanted the road to go than dremel sanded the thing to the rough look it had.

The trees were 12-15 gauge wire made in about four strips of this metal gauge wire were then scotch taped together and that said tape was wrapped around the wire making the look you pretty much see. It was than painted a series of different browns. The Foilage is model train lichen and alot of the extra bits were from the wood elf dryad sprue glued onto the trees to make them look more ominous.

Now back to the board. Make sure the roots of your trees are not covered because I stabbed my trees into the polystyrene at this point. Than I gave the polystyrene a coating of elmers. I waited till the elmers dried and than did a second coat. Oh all the elmers coats were about 2 parts elmers 1 part water. After the second coating I mixed gravel and modeling sand together and spread it evenly over the entire thing. Oh I been tempted to also say I built my display board on rock and roll. Anyway after that coating of glue dried I mixed a half and half of elmers and water. and coated again. When that dried I made 4 more coats of half and half glue.

Painting was first a coating of chaos black over the entire thing except the trees which were already painted. The Dirt was desert earth, bestial brown and a drybrushing of graveyard earth over that. the road was shadow grey, space wolves grey with 1 part water 2 parts grey than a light drybrush of a mix of graveyard earth and desert earth. Now there were skills glued to the side of the road but you know how to paint them. Though it isn't finished as originally I had an obolisk I was going to have at the back of the road on top of the hill. But one bad night of drinking I came back to my dorm room and in my drunken clumsyness I passed out on the obelisk and my tossing and turning that night destroyed the Obelisk. let that be a lesson kids drinking and warhammer scenery making do not mix.

I hope that was detailed enough. I am planning on making a board for my empire. I just don't have the money to buy the beasts of chaos and chaos warriors who were gonna be dying or retreating. I know I know wishful thinking.