zombies in the ground

For discussion about all the lesser races of Warhammer. Talk about armies, tactics and lists to take on the Druchii here...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Oompaloompa
Noble

zombies in the ground

Post by Oompaloompa »

So... i recently started putting my zombies together for my vampires and i ran into a road block.....

I decided that i would model the zombies to seem like they were comming out of the ground.... so, one rank would be only hands, then the next rank is heads and arms, then the next rank is torsos, then legs, then the whole models. All was well unitl someone said you have them backwards.

I originally had the hands only in the front and the whole models in the back. Half of us seemed to think that that made the most sense while the other half agreed that the complete models should be in front....

what do you think?

peace
BEHIND YOU!
Erloas
Assassin

Post by Erloas »

I would put the full models in front. They were the quicker ones out of the ground and ready for combat earlier so they step up to the front.

Besides, if all you had in the front were hands then they would have no way of fighting back.
Asperon thorn
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Asperon thorn »

Full models in the front. Then when you raise more it makes sense.

Asperon Thorn
Oompaloompa
Noble

Post by Oompaloompa »

Our original argument was.... " the zombies are being razed outwards towards the enemies so the most recent zombies are the ones closest to the enemy.

It does seem strange to have to have the hands being the ones attacking however. I just dont know.... i need convincing....

peace
BEHIND YOU!
Pmpn8ez
Evil Vampire Lord Fluffy

Post by Pmpn8ez »

Of course the full models are going to be in front, because they're the ones fighting and they're the ones entirely out of the ground. Zombies not yet fully emerged are still digging their way up, after which they start shambling toward the combat. Why would the fully raised guys waiting behind a bunch of hands and arms?
"We are the most civilized race in the world. We have more exquisite ways to kill than any other." -Lord Vraneth the Cruel, master of Har Ganeth

«The wonder has a name: pmpn8ez.»
Rork
Lord of Khorne
Lord of Khorne

Post by Rork »

This is what I did for my invocation zombies (Buy skellies, raise zombies, easy).

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v338/ ... k/zom7.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v338/ ... k/zom5.jpg

With very little at the front, it gives a much better impression of the unit coming out of the ground (You can see only two or three actually have legs).

Never did finish that VC army...

"Rork.. a wonderful guy :)" - Linda Lobsta Defenda

+++ Team Mulligans +++
Zentaricai
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Zentaricai »

they are just Zombies, don't sweat it. I put bits on bases and call them Zombies and it helps me rank up better...
DON'T MONKEY WITH MY BUSINESS
Franck
Noble

Post by Franck »

I don't understand the idea of putting gravestones at the back of each base. It seems to me that there is not enough room for a grave to exist on the base of 1 model.

In general, I put them towards the front, but put hands and the like emerging from the bases of fully unearthed zombies aswell.
It is better to light a candle, than to curse the darkness...
Gorenut
Executioner

Post by Gorenut »

Defintely put the fully raised ones in the front. Since you are wishy washy on the fluff/theoretical question, might as well make sure your zombies are better represented for WYSIWYG. Having fully raised zombies in the front ranks would make sure to your opponent what is in your zombie regiment. This makes an even bigger difference if you're playing Army of Sylvania.
Gibious
Highborn

Post by Gibious »

Since they ar just there to look good id advise to put them in the order like rorks
...Well thats the end of my post
Daemonic aura
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Daemonic aura »

I would have the hands at the back, simply because the unit will look better. One of the very few things i learnt in standard grade art was that it looks better if you have the bigger things at the back, and the smaller at the front. Plus, in game play terms, it means that the opponent can see exactly how many ranks there are in the unit, and how many models at a glance, instead of having to ask all the time which would slow down gameplay.
to be the man, you've got to beat the man.