MY Noble Conversion

Discover the age-old techniques of painting...

Moderators: Layne, xFallenx, cultofkhaine

Forum rules
Remember that picture file size should be no larger than 256KB.
For the full Painting and Modelling rules, visit [url]http://www.druchii.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=27440[/url]
Seanzala
Death Jester

MY Noble Conversion

Post by Seanzala »

Hey Guys,

I have finally finished repainting my favourite noble/highborn and thought i'd share it with you guys. What do you think?

http://www.coolminiornot.com/111093

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a334/ ... ithAxe.jpg

All comments welcome

Sean
Last edited by Seanzala on Wed Jan 18, 2006 7:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shurzhaka
Slave on the Altar

Post by Shurzhaka »

wow great axe, really like it, is it from a chaos lord, works really well, it looks like a lord from har ganeth (that could be wrong :oops: )
your blood is my only pleasure. to see the pain and fear in your eyes will bring me comfort through the cold nights that i am not wrapped in your skin. xx
Ilokir lúinwë
Asur Bane

Post by Ilokir lúinwë »

though the pictures are quite dark, I have to say the noble looks very nice. It is very neatly painted. I particularly like the position of the shield and the sigil on it. But why on earth do you give him a dwarven axe? I presume it has to do something with the fluff of your army? You have to keep in mind that your noble doesn't have the strength of a dwarven lord, and presumably can't wield a two-handed dwarf weapon with one hand.. .
Class: Warrior
Ws: 6 dex: 4 str: 4 T: 3 Int: 4
Skills: Awareness, Defensive fighting, Parry
Equipment: Medium armor, Longsword, 2 Throwing daggers, 50 gold coins

Don't forgive, don't forget
Johnthedrow
Cold One Knight

Post by Johnthedrow »

I like it as a conversion. Some people may say it's simple but it's still nice.
Oh, comments:
:arrow: I would like a "lighter" axe or a "lighter" weapon in general preferrably a -quite uncommon :P - draich. It just seems too much for an Elf.
:arrow: The shield seems a bit empty and "simple" for a noble. You can easily add a bit of color, "outline" etc. I think it would be easy for you.
That's all. Nice work.

(Why all people disable the "guest mode" in photobucket? I wanted mooore :twisted: )
I want to be who I was when I wanted to be who I am...
Minis here
Seanzala
Death Jester

Post by Seanzala »

Thanks for the comments guys,

Firstly, I generally use it as a Great Weapon, model just looks better with a shield.

Secondly, the Axe is from the Khrone Champion on Foot, the one standing on a pile of skulls. Don't worry, you're not the first to call it a Dwarf axe and i'm sure you won't be the last.

Sean
S_serpent
Trainee Warrior

Post by S_serpent »

mmmmhhhh, I have a same conversion like that almost (but sadly don't have pics yet and isn't painted)

I used the Exec. champ., and de elven axe from the HE hero with axe. (I didn't use a schield yet, but was thinking of one off the COK - but not sure if I will add a shield it looks good already)

Normally the elven axe is no pointy end on the top blade, but I just cut extra metal from the sprue and filled it, so I have a sharp point tip at the blade too.

Personnally, I think the axe is to heavy in your conversion but who can judge, if I have no means of getting a picture of mine here soon - even if it would be painted yet)
Lord S_Serpent

Dargor
Dark Rider

Post by Dargor »

I am absolutely positive that I already replied to this, but now my reply is gone. If a moderator deleted it and that moderator happens to be you, send me a private message as soon as possible so I won't have to complain about all of you to the site administration. In your defence, the thread, starting from a few posts before my reply, had mutated somewhat from the original topic. The relevance was none the less present though.

When you've sent me a message, feel free to delete this post. And I'm sorry about spamming your thread, seanzala, but on the plus side, I just bumped it from almost page 2.
I still hate signatures
Bradk11
Shade

Post by Bradk11 »

Excellent painting, cool model.

Don't like the axe though. If your absolutely set about having an axe, don't use a two-bladed one. Use the one from the HE hero IMO.
Dark Elves are the best!

So are WAter Goblins!
Seanzala
Death Jester

Post by Seanzala »

Thanks again guys.

bradk11, I also like that axe better, but unfortunately, it wasn't out at the time I made this (about 1 1/2 years ago). I will however have that axe spare as I will be purchasing that model for another character

Sean
Icon hack
Druchii Anointed
Druchii Anointed

Post by Icon hack »

Pretty good job there. I might make a couple of simple suggestions though:

I would suggest that you try to do a thin black line along the edge of the symbol on the shield. You could also easily do a border all around the edge, and you have a nice, but simple shield with a good freehand symbol on it.

Second, I would try to do some shading. Mix just a little Bleached Bone with the teal (about 1 part white to 4 or 5 parts teal), and do the same for the red cape and tassle on the axe.
Wishing everyone the very best, to the end of your days.
Seanzala
Death Jester

Post by Seanzala »

Thanks for the suggestions, will try some out later today perhaps.

shurzhaka: yes, he was originally from Har ganeth but is now in exile

Sean