Need help with painting cold ones.

Discover the age-old techniques of painting...

Moderators: Layne, xFallenx, cultofkhaine

Forum rules
Remember that picture file size should be no larger than 256KB.
For the full Painting and Modelling rules, visit [url]http://www.druchii.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=27440[/url]
Lord fear
Cold One Knight

Need help with painting cold ones.

Post by Lord fear »

I would like my cold ones to look good, but I don't know what colors to paint them. The riders will have a similar color scheme to the one in the amry book(silver and some gold), but I don't like the camo green cold ones. I do like the way Spite ( Malus' Cold One) is painted on the Malus Darkblade model on the back cover of the army book, but I cannot figure out what those colors are. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to piant them?

Anny ideas will be appreciated

Thanks
I will kill you until you die from it.
Cat-the-odd
Beastmaster

Post by Cat-the-odd »

In The army book shall be some examples of color schemes in the painting section. I've seen a lot of blueish-grey coldones. Since they are organic stuff it doesn't hurt to try a bit on a scheme, not meaning to make one red and the other blue, but choosing an overall scheme and difering slightly on the others (brighter/darker, marks, lining in the scales)
../¨¨¨|
.|ô/ô 9..Real sportsmen hunt with arrows and fish with flies.
.~~ /|...Real gentlemen play games which require skill, not tools.
.|__/\...Extraordinary gentlemen even win with them.
.[>o<]...Welcome to the League of Extraordinary Druchii Gentlemen
Roman lord of the druchii
Slave on the Altar

Post by Roman lord of the druchii »

I always use to paint Cold Ones Camo Green mixed wth Chaos Black and then more and more camo green. Please look for results ;)

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f259/ ... 378c95.jpg

modEdit SwedenPack - linking the picture - see forum rules
KHAELA FURDIEKH MENSHA FARMIEKH KHAINE!
Druchiishootlord
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Druchiishootlord »

well varying shades of greens never hurt. However in my army i feature my knights on green cold ones, my chariots with red and blue cold ones, and my lord has a white/ice blue cold one.

i'm sure if you look through the painting section you will find a wide array of cold one color schemes.

Roman...next time could you just put up a link so that the bandwidth doesn't get too bad? thanx
"Like never before will the weaker race of men tremble before our might."

Lord Yeurl to his captain before a battle in the Old World.

R4V3N wrote:do not question eldacar.

his word is law.
Aachil lathanast
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Aachil lathanast »

There is no right way to paint your COs - it is a matter of what you like. I personally choose to use several different greens - to go for a more natural look. Here is the example (COs pulling a chariot):

http://www.druchii.net/album_page.php?pic_id=1692
Weak perish so that the strong can live. It is the law of nature. It is the law of the Druchii.
Lordsaradain
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Lordsaradain »

RoMaN, thats a pretty nice cold one! :)
I paint all my coldones enchanted blue mixed with some imperial purple, ink with blue and paint the scales and claws in bleached bone and highlighted skull white. Blue cold ones look really good! :)
Click here to find out how to convert cooler and cheaper models!
(\__/)
(O.o )
(> < ) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!
Kamahl
Dark Rider

Post by Kamahl »

ive got my army in the standard GW scheme but i tend to variate a bit on special models
my cold ones are don pretty much exactly like the ones in the army book mut ive done some diagonal warpaintlike scorpion green swipes acros the belly (overbrushed) looks pretty nice imo :) looks pretty natural and mean :)
Nice and Easy might not always do the trick, but at least it doesn't end up splattered against some wall.
Lord fear
Cold One Knight

Post by Lord fear »

Does anyone know what colors are used on the Malus Darkblade model's Cold One? I really like that dark green body with light green scales, but i can't seem to find the correct colors.
I will kill you until you die from it.
Seralkith
Beastmaster

Post by Seralkith »

The green would be rotting flesh, and the dark parts a dark grey with the rotting flesh as a high light, posibly a brown. In any ohter range I might sugest a Raw Umber (dark brown with a bit of blue in it) but I don't think that may help much with the Citadel range. So here's something more useful:

http://us.games-workshop.com/games/warh ... klists.htm

Now mind you colours look diferent on your monitor, then on your mini. The primer, layers of paint, and base colour you use will all alter the colour. So my suggestion is buy some rotting flesh, chaos black and skull white and experiment with them, probably on a cheaper model. ;)

Good Luck!
The liger
Malekith's Pet Cat

Post by The liger »

My cold ones are painted a darkish green (goblin green mixed with chaos black), and then the scales are goblin green. They don't look too dark, but are quite nice I think. Although perhaps they would look best for lizard Cold Ones.

Spite (the cold one) looks like a chaos black mixed with a catachan green, with scorpion green as the main colour for the scales. That's how I see it personally.
"Purrrrr...."

Venkh wrote:I wish i had been told about the "A-Team effect" that druchii experience with their shooting.

i.e. move into position, huge ammounts of shooting, nobody gets killed.
One-eye
Beastmaster

Post by One-eye »

my cold ones are painted a bluey grey colour and they turned out great! the only thing is that it is a bit time consuming to get them right. still i love the look of them and is well worth it. - Lord K
He is both tactically minded and a savage fighter. He is feared throughout the Drakwald and rightly so, known by many names he is best known as One-Eye.

http://www.marksketch.blogspot.com - Check out my website today!
Ransom
Trainee Warrior

Post by Ransom »

I haven't tried painting any yet but I think I'm gonna paint them like this little guy here

or more like this one
Dearchon
Highborn

Post by Dearchon »

mine are orange with green scales . . . a bit different but looks cool
+++Oversized Signature Purged+++
Zah'draich
Corsair

Post by Zah'draich »

I have winter themed army so my Co's are Shadow Gray - Fortres Gray- Scull White.. Their cool... literaly...
Don't let honour, faith or mercy prevent your victory.
Dark Elves are merciles and effective army.

http://www.5wwwww5.com/holmansvikings/
YOUNG forum about Viking period re-enacting...