some fluff questions

Stories, fluff, army fluff, your own fluff ideas, and other creations concerning the Druchii, the End Times Elves or the Exile Aelves go here!

Moderators: T.D., Drainial, The Dread Knights

Kharghais
Trainee Warrior

some fluff questions

Post by Kharghais »

mind my ignorence, but what are the black arks and what do they do? do they have anything to with corsairs? how old is morathi? what sort of chain of command is in the corsairs (like a captain as their leader who answers to malekith etc)?

Thanks
Death is the only constant of man.
Soulreaper
Noble

Post by Soulreaper »

well, first of all morathi, she's reeeeally old.. several thousand years.. (she has surpassed the elven lifespan by at least a couple hundred or thousand years by now...)

secondly, the black arks. they are simply very, VERY large dark elven ships. kind of like floating fortresses. they invade stuff, go on slave raids of massive proportions or just plain kill stuff! :lol: The largest cities in naggaroth were once black arks. (although i believe naggarond was actually 3 or 4 black arks when it landed on naggaroth :shock:) that's basically all i know about them.

well corsairs do have a sort of chain of command i suppose. you have the regular corsairs.. then you have the reavers (champs) but after that i'm not sure. i think noble's actually come next (the ones that have been corsairs at one point in their life) and of course highborns after that. and they all answer to malekith of course.. ;)
i'm not 100% sure about that last one but that's how I see it.. ^^
"To some players, luck itself is an art."

Eze'chira's Dark Horde (DE 2000)
W: 5 D: 0 L: 0

list thread:
http://www.druchii.net/viewtopic.php?t=42720
pic thread:
http://www.druchii.net/viewtopic.php?t=41890
Fingol darkwater
Witch King's Envoy

Post by Fingol darkwater »

When the old Kingdom of Nagarythe got fludded, Dark Elf Sorcerers used their powers to save their fortresses and cities by making them float. That's a sligthly less simplified version of how the old Black Arks came to be. The new ones are built in Clar Karond and are huge floating fortresses, but are much more boaty.

Morathi is somewhere between five thousand and six thousand years old. She wasn't old when she married Aenarion and became Queen of Nagarythe, and the Sundering was about five thousand years ago. So she's quite old, and will never die (of old age) because she has the original Couldron of Blood, which can keep her young forever.
Fr0
Trademaster

Post by Fr0 »

Think of Black Arks as floating continents. :shock:

They're freaking huge. They are just floating vessels with cities within them and everything. They tend to be full of Corsairs, and since they are often flown across seas that's why Corsairs are kinda pirates.

Morathi is like 6-7,000 years old. Perhaps even older!

No idea about the chain of command, it's like Corsair>Corsair Captain>Master of the Black Ark>Malekith I would normally add the Lord of the land/area but since they float.. eh, I dunno.

Just a guess.

Fr0

corsairs (like a captain as their leader who answers to malekith etc)?
Kharghais
Trainee Warrior

Post by Kharghais »

Only asked about the reavers and corsairs because the models are so badass. Thanks for the answers. is a black ark like the size of NYC or not that huge?
Death is the only constant of man.
Soulreaper
Noble

Post by Soulreaper »

I'd say it's probably possible for a black arc to be the size of NYC (although i'm not exactly sure of how big that is) but they do contain cities.. maybe a compressed NY? :lol: but yeah.. they do vary in sizes. so the bigger ones could probably be that size or so.
"To some players, luck itself is an art."

Eze'chira's Dark Horde (DE 2000)
W: 5 D: 0 L: 0

list thread:
http://www.druchii.net/viewtopic.php?t=42720
pic thread:
http://www.druchii.net/viewtopic.php?t=41890
Fingol darkwater
Witch King's Envoy

Post by Fingol darkwater »

There's no way that they'd be the size of NYC, that's way too huge. I'd think that they'd be a bit larger than Manhatten Island.
Eldacar
Loremaster

Post by Eldacar »

mind my ignorence, but what are the black arks and what do they do? do they have anything to with corsairs? how old is morathi? what sort of chain of command is in the corsairs (like a captain as their leader who answers to malekith etc)?

1. Black Arks are floating fortress-cities, often used as a base of operations for Dark Elven activity in an area. There are two types, those being the original ones (of which, there aren't that many left) and the newer ones, and although they're smaller, they can still be a formidable opponent.

2. Corsairs assist in crewing the ships of the Druchii naval forces, so yes, they do.

3. Morathi is more than seven thousand years old. Aenarion "rescued" her from the Slaaneshi worshippers in -4461IC, and it is 2523IC now, in the post-SoC world. Given that she would have been a hundred years old at least when she was rescued (I'd think that Morathi was closer to two or three hundred at the time, though, from what we know of the elven lifespan), this puts her precise lifespan at 7084 years of age, though as I said, it's probably a couple of hundred years more than this estimate.

4. The chain of command among Corsairs is something that I admittedly know little of, but I would assume that it would be similar to the standard land-based system of authority, with Nobles and Highborns holding privileged positions within the Black Arks and Corsairs, Warriors et all beneath them.

is a black ark like the size of NYC or not that huge?

It is nowhere near the size of NYC. No city in WHFB is except for some of the ancient Dwarfholds, and I doubt that even those were as big as that.
"I live in hope and fear. Hope that once more the Lords of Caledor will ride on the backs of Dragons. Fear that if we do, when we do, it will be our last ride." ~Imrik, High Prince

Initiative Leader - Editors
D-boy
Warrior

Post by D-boy »

The chain of athority is the Corsairs obey who ever hired them for slaving (the backbone of Druchii economy), and war so they all listen to the guy with the money (i.e. Nobels).

As been said before black arks are floating fortresses but there are reall Druchii floating fortesses which are litarly floating castles out in the sea theough they don't move well.

Morith is assumed to be about 6,000-5,000 cant really tell cuz she never ages.
I am the doctor of death and I have come to cure you of life

Name: Thandahr
Ws3 / S3 / T2 / D5 / I5
Equipment: Short Sword, Repeater Crossbow, Shade Cloak
Skills: Basic Stealth
Lamehk the slavemaster
Cold One Knight

Post by Lamehk the slavemaster »

Morathi is ancient. basically living history. it is very improbable that she will die of old age, she does indeed have the one true cauldronof blood.
The only time you need to worry is when you see a snotling with a monacle and goatee. Then; you run.
Eldacar
Loremaster

Post by Eldacar »

As been said before black arks are floating fortresses but there are reall Druchii floating fortesses which are litarly floating castles out in the sea theough they don't move well.

Floating fortresses = New Black Arks
Floating cities = Old Black Arks

It's very simple, really. A couple of the original Black Arks have been beached to form landlocked cities, too, so you can't forget that.

Morith is assumed to be about 6,000-5,000 cant really tell cuz she never ages.

Didn't I give a mostly accurate estimate of her age in the post right above yours? :?
"I live in hope and fear. Hope that once more the Lords of Caledor will ride on the backs of Dragons. Fear that if we do, when we do, it will be our last ride." ~Imrik, High Prince

Initiative Leader - Editors
Ansob.
Follower of Malal

Post by Ansob. »

And didn't we have this topic a mere week or two ago?

Please use the Search function in the future - I won't lock this because I feel nice, and because - who knows? - some wonderful idea might spring forth from this thread, but I really should.
General Kala wrote:
Cenyu wrote:Hail to the King, baby.
All my eloquence fails to express it as well as this.
Lamehk the slavemaster
Cold One Knight

Post by Lamehk the slavemaster »

A neutral shade of black. wrote:And didn't we have this topic a mere week or two ago?

we did. it was near the top when i first signed up. ah happy days :lol:
The only time you need to worry is when you see a snotling with a monacle and goatee. Then; you run.