The Destroyers of Innocence - COMPLETED - NEW PICTURES

Discover the age-old techniques of painting...

Moderators: Layne, xFallenx, cultofkhaine

Forum rules
Remember that picture file size should be no larger than 256KB.
For the full Painting and Modelling rules, visit [url]http://www.druchii.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=27440[/url]
Icon hack
Druchii Anointed
Druchii Anointed

Post by Icon hack »

That dildo mask is absolute genius.

I think the Furies came off extremely well, too. Very unique, and I like the choice of colors.
Wishing everyone the very best, to the end of your days.
Langmann
Malekith's Tastetester & Physician
Malekith's Tastetester & Physician

Re: The Destroyers of Innocence - UPDATED 27/03 - THE GIMP +

Post by Langmann »

Xizor wrote:Let me know what you think,
Cheers,

Chris

I think you should put some of those photos in our photoalbum!
While running a million dollar company, singing at weddings, and his frequent jetting to Spain Elton Jon style, Dark Alliance found the time to stand on the doorstep of Games Workshop like Moses and the Pharoah and calmly state, "Let my people go."
Xizor
Chris Tomlin

Post by Xizor »

Hey,

I have only just realised there are more replies in this topic. I kinda wish I now hadnt seen it after reading GeOrc's scathing reply, which I felt was maybe slightly OTT in terms of negativity...but meh, it cant be all good!

GeOrc - Firstly, thanks for the time put into such a lengthy reply. As i have said about this army in the past, these models, the skin in particular is actually highlighted several levels, but its pretty subtle and admittedly doesnt really show in the photos, maybe making them look flat.
As for the colour scheme, all along a wanted a pastel effect. Whilst I know allot of people dont consider this very Slaaneshi, and worsd like "baby colours" come up, I like it and think it looks good. Its purely a matter of taste there.
As for painting, I actually water down my paints alot, a mantra of mine is that several thin coats are better than one thick one. Maybe I need to call on Ant's Dad to do my pictures in the future!
I quite like the suggestion for colours, they sound interesting, though im definately not going to go back and repaint my whole army now lol!
My colours used:

Pink: Warlock Purple with Skull White added for successive highlights
Turqoise: Scaly green with Skull White added for sucessive highlights

You say your colours would be more "realistic, and less comic/baby style", but did you ever, in your criticism, stop to think maybe I was looking for that sort of effect, and didnt want my DAEMONS to look realistic? ;)
On the Pleasureseekers comment, can you please give some more info, and examples of well executed examples?
Your comments on the Prince I cant really argue with it I suppose, though personally adding loads to it could clutter it IMO. Fair comments though.
I dont really agree to you views on the Giant as they are all opinionated just because you dont like the S&M theme, which is fine!
All in all, thanks for your reply.

Icon Hack - Cheers man

langmann - Yup, will do :)

Chris
The Black Sun Weekly - an AoS Podcast

Follow me on Twitter; @the_black_sun
Xizor
Chris Tomlin

Post by Xizor »

Hey,

Nearly a month after I last finished something for The Destroyers of Innocence I have atlast done another unit.

Chosen Knights of Chaos
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b328/ ... hosen1.jpg
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b328/ ... hosen2.jpg
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b328/ ... hosen3.jpg

Please let me know, good or bad (even you GeOrc! ;)).
Im hoping to get a bit more done over the next couple of weeks.

Today however my FW Keeper of Secrets turned up. She will be painted in the colour scheme of this army, Im tempted to do a blog for her as i expect it to be a long project!

Haplo
Highborn

Post by Haplo »

Did you make that banner yourself?
Xizor
Chris Tomlin

Post by Xizor »

No. It is a Confrontation Dirz banner grafted onto the Cold One Knight standard.

Xizor
Chris Tomlin

Post by Xizor »

Hey,

I have finished another unit. My pretty odd Centigor conversions, which I actually pretty like. The colour scheme is different from my Slaanesh Daemons, but they are neither Slaanesh, nor Daemon! The darker flesh colour is used on all non Slaanesh or Daemon unit, and the purple is used on all non Slaanesh or Daemon mount/steed.

Still, once again the photos suck...

Centigor
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b328/ ... tigor1.jpg

Today I've converted up my Hounds, will be painting them next week. Tonight Im painting LotR Giant Spiders!

Oh, Im also starting a slow but sure blog for my FW KoS (keep checking back for updates) - http://theblacksun.9.forumer.com/index. ... topic=1021

Have fun

Ant
Lord of the Venom Sword

Post by Ant »

Very nice Chris, I like them a lot. Makes me want to do my marauder centigors, but I have to use the GR models I have to make DRs for now.

Also glad to see you've got the FW kipper too, can't wait to see how she turns out. Are you planning any conversion work on her (I was too scared of ruining the model to do any to mine).
Ash010110 wrote: I completely agree with Ant (Reynolds, I presume?).

(Please note, I am NOT Anthony Reynolds)
Frijoles negros
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Frijoles negros »

Very nice.

Oddlly enough, I had the same idea for slaaneshi centigors about a week ago. Good to see I'm not to off-the-wall. Actually, having been scarred by your giant, Xizor, I take that back. :p

Is that the dirz banner from the war staff box?
The artist formerly known as Maedhros.

|/^^^^^^^^^^^^^\ |______
|The Pimpmobile runs | |||'""|'"\___,
|over Bunny and Birdyl l||__|__|__|)
|(@)(@)"""""""""""""(@) (@)--------(@)
Xizor
Chris Tomlin

Post by Xizor »

Mædhros wrote:Is that the dirz banner from the war staff box?

Yes :)

Hey, whats wrong with The Gimp? He's harmless ;)

Ant, Im well too scared to convert the Keeper :?
Gonna get her together over the next couple of days.

Xizor
Chris Tomlin

Post by Xizor »

Hey,

Another unit, another crap photo!

Warhounds of Chaos
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b328/ ... ounds1.jpg

Ant
Lord of the Venom Sword

Post by Ant »

WOW! They're lovely mate. Brilliant use of the fiends' heads. I think you're bonkers to buy steed of slaanesh tails for them all and put all that effort for a few lowly dogs, but i suppose you're a staff member with money to burn! Nice job!
Ash010110 wrote: I completely agree with Ant (Reynolds, I presume?).

(Please note, I am NOT Anthony Reynolds)
Seanzala
Death Jester

Post by Seanzala »

Nice job!! I love those hounds!!

Keep it up

Sean
Beastmaster kurlan
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Beastmaster kurlan »

i think the hounds look absolutely brilliant, i cannot think of anythnig i would change, very unique, shame they tend to be the first thing to die :P
i cant seem to make friends! add me to msn you losers!

Kurlan the violent (trainee of khaine)

WS: 3
S:5
T:4
D:5
I:2

two short swords, dagger, 4 throwing knives, 500 gold coins, unarmed combat skill

Group 17 Mod
Xizor
Chris Tomlin

Post by Xizor »

Hey,

Firstly, thanks for all the kind comments about my Hounds. I was pretty pleased with how they turned out :)

Anyway, Im now one step closer to finishing this army. As per usual another really poor photo by me...though hopefully Ill be obtaining Photoshop soon :)

Anyway, Im really pleased with how this turned out actually and is so much better than that "classic" Sorceror I was gonna use (though his staff is used here). The Greenstuffing of the hood turned out really well IMO. I loved the idea of the lightning/magical energies coruscating up around his arming and crackling from his finger tips...clearly it didnt quite go to plan but still looks alright I think.

The choice of colours worked out in the end I think, and whilst its not the same as anything else in my army (mostly as there is nothing else in clothes like this) I still think its totally cohesive, and looks infinately better than when he had a full pink robe!!

Anyway, what do you think?

Nar Shaddaa - Bray Shaman
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b328/the_black_sun/The%20Destroyers%20of%20Innocence/shaman1.jpg

Beastmaster kurlan
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Beastmaster kurlan »

well the pic isnt great so i cant really see the face, but it looks pretty good to me, i can also tell it is part of your army, i like the thunder from the fingertips, well done, i look forward ot more photos
i cant seem to make friends! add me to msn you losers!

Kurlan the violent (trainee of khaine)

WS: 3
S:5
T:4
D:5
I:2

two short swords, dagger, 4 throwing knives, 500 gold coins, unarmed combat skill

Group 17 Mod
Kamahl
Dark Rider

Post by Kamahl »

looking good :) (xept for the grievous face ;)

like the unifiing theme, simple but fitting :)
Nice and Easy might not always do the trick, but at least it doesn't end up splattered against some wall.
Xizor
Chris Tomlin

Post by Xizor »

Hey,

Well I have had this army finished for a while now, but finally here are all the completed photos. You may need to refresh your browser as I have updated all the photos with Photoshop'd versions. It was my first go with this program but I am very pleased with how the photos have been improved!

http://theblacksun.9.forumer.com/index. ... entry11830

Mennorach
Beastmaster
Location: on the wrong side of a town in the middle of Finland

Post by Mennorach »

Your army looks intersting to say the least..

your cinversions arewell thought and executed but I don't personally like the color scheme (but that is my problem, not yours).

And I couldn't help but notice that while most of your characters names are rip-offs from star wars, a couple of them are from final fantasy series (kefka for example). I got nothin bad to say about this, I just noticed it and it made me laugh, thats all...

Att the moment I deeply respect anyone who has enough energy to paint and convert an whole army to one theme.
"If they're better at the game than you are, change the rules."