New Eldar!

All aspects of Warhammer 40K, from general discussion through to army lists, tactics etc etc.

Moderators: Drainial, The Dread Knights

Thefallenone
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Thefallenone »

now im really glad i started to collect eldars instead of tyranids. Those models are just so cool, can't wait til the new eldar codex appears and more importantly, the new models :)
Bring some slaves to the altar :)
Sv_harlequin
Assassin

Post by Sv_harlequin »

Then you'll wanting to see the Boxed Army Deal then?

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b342/ ... 379026.jpg

Its very odd as you'd expect the stuff in it to all be plastic (well apart from the LTD Figure) like all the other Army Deal Boxes.
Last edited by Sv_harlequin on Sun Aug 20, 2006 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mal: Sure. It would be humiliating. Having to lie there while the better man refuses to spill your blood. Mercy is the mark of a great man. (lightly stabs Atherton with the sword) Guess I'm just a good man. (stabs him again) Well, I'm all right.
Gnosis
Hard, but Fair

Post by Gnosis »

SV_Harlequin wrote:The you'll want to see the Boxed Army Deal then?

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b342/ ... 379026.jpg

Its very odd as you'd expect the stuff in it to all be plastic (well apart from the LTD Figure) like all the other Army Deal Boxes.

Correct, furthermore it's a bit limiting for those of us (like me) who are only interested in a minimum of Aspect Warriors. I'm surprised, for example, that they didn't offer Rangers. I'm also surprised by the small amount of Guardians.
Oh well, I won't be getting it anyway, have lots of work on my IG still.
Count them:

Painted in 2013: 500
Painted in 2014: 600
Painted in 2015: 854
Sv_harlequin
Assassin

Post by Sv_harlequin »

Personally I won't be buying it, I only really need the Wraithlord, Avengers, Autarch and the 2 Exarchs plus i'd quite like a couple of new Dragons to add to my current unit just to break up the stlye if them a bit.

Now the Question is is it worth it or can you do a better Army box yourself?
Well Minus the Autarch. And See this time Saim-Hann is the GW favoured version, last time it was Ulthwe if you count the Eye of Terror and beofre that it was Biel-tan and before that it varied.

Okay prices of the stuff in the box:

Vyper = £15
Platform = £10
Wraithlord = what £20/£25?
Falcon = £20
Guardians = say £10
Avengers = seeing as its a 10 Man Set so standard £18
Banshees = Well there is 5 so £15
Banshee Exarch = £5/£6
Autarch = If not a LTD version £7-£9
Dragons - Same as Banshees so £15
Dragon Earch = £5/£6
Codex = £12
So works out around £155.
Mal: Sure. It would be humiliating. Having to lie there while the better man refuses to spill your blood. Mercy is the mark of a great man. (lightly stabs Atherton with the sword) Guess I'm just a good man. (stabs him again) Well, I'm all right.
Niterabbit
Rabbit Solitaire
Location: Posing as a member of Team Shenanigans, or with Rork, Loki, DP, Cal, Silas, Geo, and Morn

Post by Niterabbit »

I think I need most of the stuff in that box as I want to get my army off the ground rather than add to it. Although I'm acutally not sure what kind of army I want to build at the moment so I might or might not get the army deal. I don't mind the look of the new Dragons and Banshees, as I've already stated. Perhaps I'll go for a Mechanised Army like I do for my Tau...?
Damnation wrote:If you're too tired to read your codex, you're too tired to post.
Rork
Lord of Khorne
Lord of Khorne

Post by Rork »

SV_Harlequin wrote:Its very odd as you'd expect the stuff in it to all be plastic (well apart from the LTD Figure) like all the other Army Deal Boxes.

That's it? :|

How...small...

That finally seals it for me - I won't get the army deal. No point getting a load of stuff I either already own or am not sure if I even want to use under the new codex.

"Rork.. a wonderful guy :)" - Linda Lobsta Defenda

+++ Team Mulligans +++
Mr_piechee
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Mr_piechee »

i got the same prob, theres just odds and ends i need. i might get a prism, and i would love to see the heavy (heavy) weapons. i was thinking of getting 2 shadow weavers cause there such great weapons, they devistatge IG orcs and nids! but not so gd against ur common house hole SM, for which theres D-cannons, whihc surposidly have got better...

i think the box set has gone the way of most players. most eldar players play with there aspects and few guardians. the new codex will change that a bit, but it makes sence to go where the players are..
[hope you don't mind my random babel] ~ Take a look to the sky just before you die, its the last time you will ~ my pics
Sv_harlequin
Assassin

Post by Sv_harlequin »

More stuff: The Special Bonesinger Model.
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b342/ ... singer.jpg
Slerac fellblade
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Slerac fellblade »

Wow simply terrible looking fire dragons, hate the new banshee heads new wraithlord looks nice kinda...why didn't they include any new warwalkers what aholes. The Bonsigner looks nice I guess isn't he the little pansey dandelion eater that makes my buildings in dawn of war who if he gets shot by a space marine he is pulpy slag?
Ian: We are trying to help as many starving children as possible
Me: Wait a day and there will be less of them
Mr_piechee
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Mr_piechee »

what do u mean no new warwalkers? do u mean in the link, or new models... i hope u don't mean the second... where have u been? they are the models that have changed the most, and where the second models to be shown by GW (rangers being first)...
and i'm going to ignor the rest of ur post as it was point less and a waste of my time :)

any way, i wonder how bonesingers will work. will the act as mroe focused 'farseer'? or like a tech preist?
[hope you don't mind my random babel] ~ Take a look to the sky just before you die, its the last time you will ~ my pics
Thefallenone
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Thefallenone »

Personally i love the aspects so i am considering of buying the box but first i have to see the cost of that monster :D... and of course after looking the new codex we'll see what changes needs to be done with the proud warriors of biel tan :). Harlequin looks kinda nice too...
Bring some slaves to the altar :)
Mr_piechee
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Mr_piechee »

TheFallenOne wrote:... new codex we'll see what changes needs to be done with the proud warriors of biel tan :). Harlequin looks kinda nice too...

well, theres no craftworlds from what we know at the mo, but i expect too see something like the IG doctrines.
and the Harlequins sound like they will be awesome!!! and the death jester looks great, but i think i might order the old models...

do u know is the dark eldar will get the same unit of harliquins, or a slight change in the equipment, or even new models... it would be nice too see lots of dfferent models...
Niterabbit
Rabbit Solitaire
Location: Posing as a member of Team Shenanigans, or with Rork, Loki, DP, Cal, Silas, Geo, and Morn

Post by Niterabbit »

Without trying to hijack the thread too much, I expect nothing less than major restructuring and re-evaluation of the following units' roles in the Dark Eldar army:

Scourges
Hellions
Mandrakes
Grotesques
Talos (maybe, maybe not, but most likely not)

That and some new models, though the jury is still out for me as to whether they will get access to Harlequins. I am also slightly surprised that Bonesingers are even going to be part of the Codex...it really doesn't make sense to me. Hopefully, it will just be a 'for show' model.
Damnation wrote:If you're too tired to read your codex, you're too tired to post.
Gnosis
Hard, but Fair

Post by Gnosis »

Slerac Fellblade wrote:why didn't they include any new warwalkers what aholes.

It's because the point of an Army deal is to get everything a couple of weeks before everyone else does. And since Warwalkers are already in the stores... (then again, so are Support Platforms, so this line of thought is slightly flawed).

what do u mean no new warwalkers? do u mean in the link, or new models... i hope u don't mean the second... where have u been? they are the models that have changed the most, and where the second models to be shown by GW (rangers being first)...
and i'm going to ignor the rest of ur post as it was point less and a waste of my time Smile

A bit more politeness would be helpful, piechee. Slerac's post was not a waste of time, and it sure doesn't look like you skimped on your spelling while reading his post. Of course he's talking about the absence of the new Warwalkers in the Army deal, he's a clever young man.

any way, i wonder how bonesingers will work. will the act as mroe focused 'farseer'? or like a tech preist?

That's an interesting thought, but I think we shouldn't expect such innovation from GW.
Count them:

Painted in 2013: 500
Painted in 2014: 600
Painted in 2015: 854
Mr_piechee
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Mr_piechee »

lol.. i though it was a stupid question, i thought he was just being an ass! any way i apoligise. and my spelling has always been bad, i can't help it, and it gets worse when i type fast. i sometimes spell check it but its a hassel with every post.
anyway bk to the topic, and i think niterabbit might have the answer, and the model could just be for show, but i think from its pose, that it could be a new unit, but its use could be anything at this stage...
Slerac fellblade
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Slerac fellblade »

what my post was saying was "what no warwalkers in this army deal, what aholes." My logic is you would want to include the stuff you made the most changes on. They already got banshees and fire dragons as well as the wraithlord. But why include the vyper and the falcon which have gone through absolutly no changes aesthetically and include the fast attack choice they revised up the ying yang. Thats my opinion on the matter. I understand they cannot include everything but that is something I would have wanted in the new army box deal and I think you all can agree with me on that.
Ian: We are trying to help as many starving children as possible
Me: Wait a day and there will be less of them
Mr_piechee
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Mr_piechee »

i didn't want to start a new thread so thought i would bring this bk to life. its not that old so i hope its not classed as necromancy (its only half way down the first page)

anyway, most the new eldar is up for advance order now. theres a bonesinger that looks great!
Check it all out here!

its all a bit pricy.. but i come to expect that these days (£40 for 3 warwalkers!!!!)
Eeeeron
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Eeeeron »

To view the bonesinger click on the Eldar link on the left hand side of the page.
Don't hate the player, hate the game.

Bring on the dancing squirrels!

Consolecommunity.com - For all your gaming chat and meet-ups
Mennorach
Beastmaster
Location: on the wrong side of a town in the middle of Finland

Post by Mennorach »

Prince Yriel looks great, but I don't like the color scheme.

Overally they look great, but I don't like the desicion to sell differend looking farseer in the blister and the cool looking farseer only in the box with the bodyguard models.

but how long we have to wait for the harlequin models?

And is this topic too old to be answered?

Is my spelling too horrible to be read?
"If they're better at the game than you are, change the rules."
Mr_piechee
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Mr_piechee »

no and no.

for the harlequin answer see the thread on harlequins. i asked the same question.

does any1 agree with me that pretty much all of the new stuff is way over priced? £40 for 3 walkers. for that price the old ones look better! or even worse, 6 models for £18! i'm hurt by the pricing...

i must admit i like the new farseer box, with body guard, and will prob get it (i'm not paying GW price... i can get it cheaper... but its still more than it should be :()
the limited ed Autarch doesn't look very special to me, is that just me? but i liek the special character Autarch, although i havn't seen a gd big picture of him yet.

does anyone think we will see new Phoenix lord models? or rules?
Sv_harlequin
Assassin

Post by Sv_harlequin »

No new models for the Phoenix Lords as they were shown with the New Stuff at Games Days, but they will have New Rules.
Rork
Lord of Khorne
Lord of Khorne

Post by Rork »

Mr_PieChee wrote:does any1 agree with me that pretty much all of the new stuff is way over priced? £40 for 3 walkers.

I wouldn't knock 3 for £40 - they're £15 each separately.

Mr_PieChee wrote:the limited ed Autarch doesn't look very special to me, is that just me?

He isn't. But he does have his appeal for conversion. I think we'll often see autarchs on a bike with a shining spear's lance. The fancier models are going to look a tad silly on a bike if they still have a warp jump pack on (ok, ok, you can use other models...)

Mr_PieChee wrote:does anyone think we will see new Phoenix lord models? or rules?

Models, no. Rules, yes. You should keep up with the rumours, dear boy.

+++ Team Mulligans +++
Mr_piechee
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Mr_piechee »

i thought i was doing well with the rumours, but i an't herd anything about the phoenix lords.

£15 for a warwalker an't realy that gd. i bough tmine from GW when they were £10. but thats another long gone long repeated never ending thread...

do u think there will be a set for the autarchs like the new orc heros (one box that allows u to make several different models)? would be nice to see, although not in plastic...
Rork
Lord of Khorne
Lord of Khorne

Post by Rork »

Mr_PieChee wrote:£15 for a warwalker an't realy that gd. i bough tmine from GW when they were £10.

It's called inflation ;). (I remember the good old days when one metal chaos dwarf cost me £1.25...) And frankly the rogue trader models like the war walkers were plain awful. GW seem to like making Eldar players wait 15+ years before updating models...

Mr_PieChee wrote:do u think there will be a set for the autarchs like the new orc heros (one box that allows u to make several different models)? would be nice to see, although not in plastic...

The answer to that question is "Not exactly." The autarchs are in blisters and the weapons are, by and large, interchangable. They're metal, and there are two bodies (IIRC) - the "Swooping banshee" and the "Warp scorpion" and there are various arms for the appropriate weapons combo (but don't expect to get all the weapons in one blister).

+++ Team Mulligans +++
Mr_piechee
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Mr_piechee »

sounds gd, although it would be nice to see more heads, so i could get a SS or FD autarch...

i like the new rules for swooping hawks, but any chance of new models? i guess we would know by now if there were? but there not bad models...