Mermaids

Stories, fluff, army fluff, your own fluff ideas, and other creations concerning the Druchii, the End Times Elves or the Exile Aelves go here!

Moderators: T.D., Drainial, The Dread Knights

Sezax
Black Guard

Mermaids

Post by Sezax »

I was reading book Deamon Curse ( about Malus Darkblade ) and there were ,,memaids". THey were called mere-witches, they have indigo hairs ( i don know what is indigo ) and druchii faces. In the same book is empty city, where are paintings of cities beneath water and ,,sea people". I think these mermaids are very interesting but i dont know anything more. Can you tell me waht do you KNOW and THINK about them.
Kreoss
Noble

Post by Kreoss »

Perhaps I just don't remember that particular spot in the book, but I don't remember hearing about mere-witches. Actually, they sort of ring a bell, but I don't remember anything about them.

And to answer part of your question... Indigo is a type of color, between blue and purple. More towards the blue side, like Midnight Blue or whatever the really dark blue is in GW colors.
Eldacar
Loremaster

Post by Eldacar »

Mermaids deserve to be categorised alongside fishmen. That being said, there are some sea-adept Beastmen kicking around in the WH world, yes.
"I live in hope and fear. Hope that once more the Lords of Caledor will ride on the backs of Dragons. Fear that if we do, when we do, it will be our last ride." ~Imrik, High Prince

Initiative Leader - Editors
Tastyfish
Arch-deviant of the Cult of Pleasure

Post by Tastyfish »

I'm sure there are some siren type things around the place, I think the beastman issue is a tricky one - on one hand a lot of wierd creatures could be classed as beastmen but then there is probably quite a few that are more akin to Skaven (a more stable race rather than mostly being mutants).

It depends how you consider harpies I would say, is it actually a race entirely female (who presumably need males from other species - something I can certainly see fitting with sirens and the whole luring sailors to their death thing) or do they just look that way on the surface?
Want to write background or fluff for the Herald? PM me
Eldacar
Loremaster

Post by Eldacar »

The 7th edition BRB counts Skaven in the same general group as Beastmen. It kind of hurts, but there you go.
"I live in hope and fear. Hope that once more the Lords of Caledor will ride on the backs of Dragons. Fear that if we do, when we do, it will be our last ride." ~Imrik, High Prince

Sezax
Black Guard

Post by Sezax »

They are at the beginning when is Malus returning to Naggaroth from his slaving raide. Very interisting question is how has the race begun. They have fish tail but the another part is druchii like and elves are immune to mutation so they cannot be kind of beastmen. Actually exactly same is it about harpies.
Ashnari doomsong
Highborn

Post by Ashnari doomsong »

On the contrary, Sezax, the only race immune to mutations are the Halflings.
Elves are no more resistant to them than humans. Trust me, I know; My elf sprouted wings in the last roleplay I gamed.
General Kala wrote:...reasons for taking Dark Riders are secondary to their unparallelled ability to rush up and shout "nah na na-naah nah", escape, and do it again...

Fa'loui
Beastmaster

Post by Fa'loui »

and the druchii anointed would be a somewhat mutated elve, he sprouted mussles ( not clams)
(\__/)
(O.O)
(> <)--> This is Runny, the threelegged devil. Copy Runny into your signature to help him conquer Bunny and save the world from worlddommination
^^^
Eldacar
Loremaster

Post by Eldacar »

Ashnari: Elves are near-immune to mutation and disease, actually. IIRC, the 7th edition BRB background section (as amusing as it is... the Dwarfs now store "breeches of faith" in the Dammaz Kron... undergarments) says it quite clearly, as does the SoC book in the small section on the Druchii Anointed.

Halflings and Ogres are supposed to be highly resistant as well, but they are flawed creations - the Ogres are dumb and brutish, for example. I forget what the problem with the Halflings is.

Fingol darkwater
Witch King's Envoy

Post by Fingol darkwater »

I forget what the problem with the Halflings is.

Um, extremely tiny? :?
Druchii Discussion and History mod

Behind every mask, is a man
who can't live in his own skin.
He lives by the flask.
He bathes in his past
and dies of his own sins
Sbod
Executioner

Post by Sbod »

Fingol Darkwater wrote:
I forget what the problem with the Halflings is.

Um, extremely tiny? :?

Um, I think he was being sarcastic. But then who knows?

From memory, as Eldacar said Elves are extremely hard to mutate.
A Day Without Sbod Is Like A Day Without Sunshine.
Moridin_nae'blis
Beastmaster

Post by Moridin_nae'blis »

I think it might just be happenstance that the mermaids and harpies look druichii. If anything, it wouldn't be mutation, it would be dark magic. I bet that could get you some crazy stuff.
+++ Team Mulligans +++

I'm baaaaack!
Eldacar
Loremaster

Post by Eldacar »

No, the 7th edition BRB clearly said that the Halflings were something of a flawed creation. I just can't remember what the flaw was.

Sbod
Executioner

Post by Sbod »

Ok, I thought you were just mocking them about their stature.
It's most likely some form of growth defect that also messes with their stomachs that make them eat alot...
A Day Without Sbod Is Like A Day Without Sunshine.
Ashnari doomsong
Highborn

Post by Ashnari doomsong »

Okay, but my point remains. Elves aren't immune to mutations. They may be resistant, but they're not immune.

Halflings and Ogres were, IIRC, made to battle Chaos.
Unfortunately, Halflings were kind of scrawny with a disproportional appetite and no talent for magic whatsoever. Ogres were kind of big and dumb, also with a disproportional appetite(turning them from a bit charming to downright frightening). And vicious. Both races have a certain cruel streak to them.
General Kala wrote:...reasons for taking Dark Riders are secondary to their unparallelled ability to rush up and shout "nah na na-naah nah", escape, and do it again...

The liger
Malekith's Pet Cat

Post by The liger »

I like the idea of Mermaids or Sirens, and I'd expect they'd be rather like harpies. Very animalistic, with some sort of cunning (I assume Harpies have that, and some intelligence at least, even though they're basically beasts). Basically I think I'd class them as Harpies of the sea, though with some society, but still beasty, and the ability to seem beautiful, but then to turn into vicious sea-thingies.

Then again, their appearance is in the Darkblade novels, so the existence of them can't be taken as canon.
"Purrrrr...."

Venkh wrote:I wish i had been told about the "A-Team effect" that druchii experience with their shooting.

i.e. move into position, huge ammounts of shooting, nobody gets killed.
Eldacar
Loremaster

Post by Eldacar »

Okay, but my point remains. Elves aren't immune to mutations. They may be resistant, but they're not immune.

Immune, no. Near-immune, yes. It took several thousands of years for the Anointed to begin developing mutations, and they were in the most magically-saturated area of the WH world (Ulthuan excepted, since it doesn't count for the purposes of mutation). Even then, what they got was nothing like what a human would probably recieve in that time.

Tastyfish

Post by Tastyfish »

I also think that the ogres and halflings resistance to chaos is more psychological than physical (seeing as the former seem to mutate a fair bit - just doesn't alter their mindset a great deal). Elves are very physically resistant to chaos, but greatly less so when it comes to resisting the psychological charms of chaos.

From the sound of it the 7th ed book is once again from an Imperial scholars point of view - hence why skaven are ratlike beastmen and halflings are flawed (though I guess the flaw might be that in reisting the lure of chaos they have pretty much lost any drive to do anything significant)

As for the origin of sirens/merwitchs, remember a lot of beastmen started as beasts not just humans. Elves being the predominant sentient race in the area means that chaos touched creatures will tend to be tainted with a view to elven mythology and mindsets rather than human ones.
Lordsaradain
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Lordsaradain »

Kreoss wrote:Perhaps I just don't remember that particular spot in the book, but I don't remember hearing about mere-witches. Actually, they sort of ring a bell, but I don't remember anything about them.

he's talking about the first chapter of 'The Daemon's Curse'. You know where they tell that slave what horrible things they did to his bethrothed before 'freeing' him by throwing him into a certain death in the ocean. Druchii cruelty alright.
Click here to find out how to convert cooler and cheaper models!
(\__/)
(O.o )
(> < ) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!
Sezax
Black Guard

Post by Sezax »

Elves are nearly immune- only some have blue or black skin because of worshipping Slaanesh. I dont get that idea of mythology but it sounds very interesting. Perhaps elves can be changed by magic or getting under totall control of the will Slaanesh (Dechala).
Belial
Modest Member

Post by Belial »

I think I remember something about some elven princess who worshipped Slaanesh in the pursuit of immortality or beauty or whatever. Read in a white dwarf.
Fingol darkwater
Witch King's Envoy

Post by Fingol darkwater »

Talking about this gal Belial? She fits the description.

Halflings and Ogres were, IIRC, made to battle Chaos.

If that's true there'd be some serious flaws, how could the Halflings successfully fight anything?[/url]
Druchii Discussion and History mod

Behind every mask, is a man
who can't live in his own skin.
He lives by the flask.
He bathes in his past
and dies of his own sins
Eldacar
Loremaster

Post by Eldacar »

From the sound of it the 7th ed book is once again from an Imperial scholars point of view - hence why skaven are ratlike beastmen and halflings are flawed (though I guess the flaw might be that in reisting the lure of chaos they have pretty much lost any drive to do anything significant)

Actually, it's written in a word of god perspective, including information on the Old Ones and the prehistory of the WH world, things that no Imperial scholar could know.

Tastyfish

Post by Tastyfish »

Belial. wrote:I think I remember something about some elven princess who worshipped Slaanesh in the pursuit of immortality or beauty or whatever. Read in a white dwarf.
During the original Great Chaos Incursion after the polar gates fell, a Daemon Prince known as Samael fell in love with a elf princess. After various attempts to win her over he eventually just killed everyone she knew until he was all that was left and she agreed to marry her.
However she then started to win favour in the eyes of Slaanesh and Samael objected, saying that surely he was the Gods favourite still. Slaanesh agreed and promised that Drechala would never see daemonprincehood whilst he was still favoured (hence the Denied One) - as of yet it seems he is still the favourite.
Mejia the merciless
Slave on the Altar

Post by Mejia the merciless »

Indigo is a light purple colour (color) part of the rainbow spectrum of light [red orange yellow green aqua blue indigo violet. hte one thing i carry from school. Mere-maids scare me they cause plenty of trouble for lonely saliors but not as much destruction as a Kracken