Where the RPGs take place

Moderator: The Makers of Chains

Tarbo
Morathi's Best Friend
Morathi's Best Friend

SAU IX: Lost Raiders of the Ark

Post by Tarbo »

“Decadent!?”

Hellebron's voice had hit more pitch than she had intended, barely hiding any indignance. She was pacing around, agitated, her every step echoing through the empty temple halls, while Morathi lied in a comfortable recliner with a bowl of luscious grapes within reach.

“And quite a bit, I should add,” Morathi mentioned while plucking a grape off the twig. “Why, wasn't there some issue in one of the temples, lately? Something about laxity?” She tossed the grape into the air and caught it with her lips.

“Laxity caused by your taint! And my dignitaries were very skillful in removing it. All of it.”

“Today the temple, tomorrow...?” Morathi sighed and snatched another grape with a sincerely bored expression on her face. “What does the Temple have to offer its subjects? A vague promise of pleasing a divine being who may or may not be a Chaos—”

Hellebron raised a hand, cutting Morathi's phrase short. “We've been there already, no need to go over it again.”

“Regardless, Hellebron, the Temple simply doesn't have anything to go for it. What have you done, lately?” A wicked smile rose on her lips. “Other than obstructing my fan club—and why is that, I wonder, jealousy?—you have very little to check off your to-do-list.”

“Oh, really? Then what accomplishments would you have to brandish? Record use of chains in a private party?”

“I don't mean to brag,” Morathi replied while inspecting her nails, “but I did, for instance, manage to retrieve a wholesome of artifacts from the jungles of Lustria.”

“Such accomplishment!” Hellebron called out in a laugh. “You stole some plaques from bipedal lizards! You'll have to do better than that.”

“Correction: you will have to do better than that.”

Hellebron stopped mid-pace, and turned to face her nemesis. “Is that a challenge?”

Morathi cocked her head gently, observing her next grape. “More of an open invitation. I don't expect enough competition to call it a challenge.”

Hellebron stared dead ahead for a moment, taking in the arrogance, and finally took a deep breath to serve a reply.

°°°

“She told her to take her expectations and forcefully insert them into her—?”

“Just about, yes,” Tarbo interrupted Anleth. “The exact wordings escape me right now.”

Young Anleth Lareight nodded slowly. While she could guess what the exact wording had been, her imagination wouldn't quite cooperate on the subject. Perhaps that was a good thing.

A fresh breeze ran over the open ocean. Anleth filled her lungs with the cold air, in the meantime observing sailors running back and forth, doing whatever is needed to keep the ark afloat.

It was the first time ever she had been at sea; truth be told, she had expected it to be worse. That was more than she could say for a certain sorceress.

“Mistress Mioralynthia has never been at sea, has she?” Anleth inquired.

Tarbo smirked, a grin setting on his lips while staring all the way down at the sea. “Oh, she has; she's just repressing the memory.”

The ark—a Black Ark, to be precise—was apparently fairly common in grotesque raids committed overseas. It was a large vessel kept floating partly by magic, she was told.

“I heard these arks were daemon-infested,” she raised with a frown, then looked over the deck.

Tarbo chuckled, shaking his head. “Sure. I just put my boot on one.”

Anleth cocked her head, then forewent any other question about it. She was told to go with the expedition so she would gain battle experience. She wasn't sure of how much battle was to be expected during a raid, which was typically more of a surprise attack than a full-scale war.

The raid was led by general Sohnerin. She wasn't acquainted with him; all she knew was what she heard. The man was known to be a ruthless and efficient raider with unquestioned loyalty to the Temple. All in all, it wasn't surprising to find him in charge of the raid.

Sohnerin had the instructions given to him, and only to him. He kept them close to his heart, memorized each and every location they had to raid. The message Hellebron had given was clear: return with artifacts and be showered in gold; otherwise, well... better return with artifacts.

°°°

Sohnerin barked orders left and right to have camp set up on the beach. Slaves braved the nearby jungle with axe and machete to clear terrain and build pallisades, all to the rhythm of the washing sea.

The jungle was an imposing sight once one disembarked from the ark. Suddenly, all you could see was a veritable wall of wood and large leaves. There wasn't a lot of room on the beach, either.

“How are you feeling?” Tarbo asked when Mioralynthia walked up to him on the beach.

“Relieved,” she shared, then gazed at the seemingly impenetrable jungle ahead of them. The sun shone starkly on the sand, and she had to shield her eyes with her hand to see what looked like even more vegetation. “Have you ever been here?”

Tarbo shook his head. “No, but Sohnerin reportedly has. He'll know how to deal with this.”

“He'll have to,” Mioralynthia replied with a sneer. “Nobody else knows what we're doing here.” She threw a glance at Tarbo, hoping he would prove her wrong, but he merely lifted his shoulders. No such luck.

“Sohnerin wants this done as quickly as possible. I suspect we'll be conducting our first reconnaisance and raids soon.”

Mioralynthia nodded thoughtfully, then turned her head to Tarbo. “What do you wear in a jungle, anyway?”

“Beats me.”

°°°

The dense vegetation seemed to close in on the expedition from every angle. The silence of the elves stood in stark contrast to the lively chitter from jungle creatures, from parrots to frogs to bugs. For many soldiers, this was their first time in a jungle, and they didn't like it one bit.

Anleth shared their feelings silently. She looked around vigilantly, but found herself staring at tree trunks, large leaves moving in a sultry breeze, and sweaty foreheads from the damp, oppressive air.

Luckily, shades were scouting the path ahead of them, but she imagined this terrain wouldn't be their particular forte, either. A group showed up just now, and went over to Sohnerin to report. The general looked pleased, as much as could be read from his grim features.

“Sir,” Anleth addressed Tarbo, “can you hear what they're saying?”

Tarbo shook his head quietly. When one of the shades passed him, he beckoned him closer and inquired. “What does the terrain look like?”

“crappy map,” was the answer.

“I agree, I don't like the looks of it either. Perfect for an ambush.”

Anleth frowned. What on earth were they talking about? When the shade moved on silently, she closed to Tarbo again and asked exactly that: “What was that?”

“Oh, I see you haven't met Haksor yet. He's good at his job—very elite, so he claims—but he talks kind of funny.”

Anleth didn't fully understand, but she assumed it was one of those things she would learn in time. After all, that was why she was here.

“No, I don't like this at all,” Tarbo repeated to himself while looking around. “Captain, I want you to stay close to Lynthia. See to it she doesn't get hurt.”

Happy with the assignment, as well as the thought of actually being able to do something, Anleth maneuvered through the columns to meet up with the sorceress.

°°°

The giant lizard bellowed loudly when it plowed its horns through the hastily assembled ranks. Some smaller lizards sat on top in some sort of big basket, prodding with spears.

Mioralynthia looked around in an effort to maintain some sort of view over the battlefield; the truth was that she barely knew what the battlefield was. Fighting was everywhere, and the concept of ranks was a very theoretical one at the moment.

Anleth had her own share of confusion, having her sword at the ready and trying to stay between the sorceress and any adversaries, which was proving to be a very difficult endeavour given the fluid nature of the battlefield. “Lynthia, do something!” she suddenly exclaimed, wondering what was holding her back.

“And do what? Blow up half our own ranks? I can barely see in this mess!” Nevertheless, when she laid eyes on the grotesque creature far ahead of her, she waved her hands and started chanting the spell that rose to mind.

An aura of chill revolved around Mioralynthia; Anleth was familiar with the feeling. She scanned the environment systematically, trying to spot any threat to either her or the sorceress.

What was that? Anleth squinted her eyes in an effort to see into the bushes, where narrow, strawlike bambu sticks rose out of. Instantly, tiny darts flew out and into the rank to her right, levelling a few soldiers nearby. It didn't take her long to react when the blowpipes aimed at her.

“Look out!” she shouted when she threw herself against Mioralynthia, interrupting the spell, leaving a few sparks lingering idly in the air.

“Look out!?” Lynthia yelled over the top of her voice. “I told you! Magic and armour don't mix! Do you want me to explode? I...” She blinked a few times, suddenly feeling a wave of fatigue overwhelm her, and a dull sting in her shoulder. “Anleth, I'm...” she uttered to the motionless body lying on her—Anleth had clearly taken the brunt of the fire—but her mind flushed warm, and all turned black around her.

°°°

There was bad, there was worse, and there was this. Tarbo shook his head quickly, feeling sorely out of place in the middle of an ambush. His eyes scouted for Sohnerin, but failed to meet him.

“teamz!” Haksor yelled suddenly, and Tarbo agreed: they were outnumbered, and it was getting worse by the second.

“Signal the retreat!” he told Haksor, pointing him to the hornblower. “Get there and tell her to signal the retreat!” Immediately, Haksor ran off, gliding gracefully over the field of battle.

In the meantime, it was up to Tarbo to find the general. He took a deep breath and went in the direction he last saw Sohnerin.

°°°

An island... she was on an island. Anleth noticed she was already sitting up, leaning against a palm tree, staring at an azure coast.

Someone threw a strange, pink, disc-like object over the beach. Sand jumped up near her when a Cold One with a big smile, tongue sticking out, dashed past her, yipping happily. It leapt and caught the disc in mid-air with its jaws, violently tearing it apart as soon as it caught it. After which it wagged its heavy tail busily, proud of its achievement.

She frowned. Lynthia was floating in the air? Actually, she was more of walking upside down. Anleth was aware that, as a sorceress, she could do wondrous things, but this defied her belief.

Suddenly, her view was obscured when Tarbo lowered his face right in front of hers, a thick stub of smoking tobacco clenched between his lips, and his eyes covered with strange, dark glasses.

“You call this a hallucination, private?”

°°°

“Feeling better?”

Mioralynthia walked up to Tarbo on the beach, much like she had done the day before. Only this time, both already knew what was out there, in the jungle. She merely grumbled something resembling a “goodmorning” while holding her throbbing head.

Tarbo smiled amused at the sorceress. He knew what it felt like to be hungover, so he wouldn't fuzz over her bad mood.

“What happened?” she finally asked.

“You were hit with a mild poison. Luckily, it merely took you out for a night. Our young captain, Anleth Lareight, took so many, she's still out cold.”

Mioralynthia shook her aching head, dismissing that topic. “I meant, what happened?”

Tarbo took a deep breath and crossed his arms. “I found Sohnerin out in the jungle. He was fighting off some very serious opposition. Finally, they aimed their crossbows at him, but he took it like a man.” He cocked his head and looked sideways at Lynthia. “All of it.”

“...Crossbows?” She couldn't recall the enemy using crossbows. Slowly, the idea sank with her. “Are you saying he was assassinated by one of our own?”

°°°

You find yourself in the officer's meeting room. That makes sense, since you're an officer, but the reason is different; you're not here to coordinate your raids, but because you were summoned.

Most others that are here are unknown to you. The Temple summoned its people from all corners of the homeland, and most of these faces, you have never seen.

Then again, the ark was supposed to be daemon-infested, and you haven't seen one of those, either.

“Officers, please be seated,” Mioralynthia calls when she enters, stroking her forehead. She doesn't appear to be very amused. “As you may know, general Sohnerin's body was found yester's eve. He was a great man, and so on, and so forth, that's not why you're here.”

She takes a deep breath and continues. “Sohnerin was assassinated, his belongings stolen and the map missing. We don't know who did this, but we do know it was one of our own.”

“How do we know that?” a clever officer asks.

“I am told not to give away such information while the investigation runs. But I have seen the evidence and it is very compelling.”

You look amongst yourselves and find many confused and indignant faces. Why would anyone murder the general? The shares were fair, and he was the only one to have all the information of the raid. Then, it dawns to you... of course. He was the only one with all the information. You're left dry now.

“You are the only surviving officers that have no explicit alibi or evidence clearing your name,” Mioralynthia explains. “You will have to find out amongst yourselves who you believe should be jailed and interrogated.”

You gather that the interrogation will not be very pleasant. After all, you are aware of the pressure that is on the Temple to find artifacts and return triumphantly. But another question rises, which one of you voices: “Why not jail us all? If what you say is true, then that will certainly lock the culprits away.”

Mioralynthia shakes her head slowly. “We haven't the means to raid this land without you, officers. If we are to return with any artifacts, we will need your leadership and guidance. We can't make due without you because we haven't the time; we were ambushed, so our enemy is aware of our presence and they will move against us.

“No, you will have to decide who is worthy of our trust, and who isn't. The rest of us will try to take over the leadership of this... mess.”

And so, the first day begins. Amidst confusion, doubt, and new-found distrust.

Players
  1. Moridin Nae'blis
  2. Telrunya
  3. Ashnari Doomsong
  4. SleekDD
  5. XtremeNL
  6. The Liger
  7. Morvai
  8. WhiteBoyPolka
  9. Stickman
  10. SBOD
  11. getwisteerd
  12. Malevion
  13. Spire
  14. DarQ`Zar
  15. Drakhan
  16. The Golden Arrow

With 16 players, 9 constitute a majority.

It is now Day. You may post and vote at your leisure. Deadline is set to pass between Tuesday 18h and Wednesday 18h, GMT.
Moridin_nae'blis
Beastmaster

Post by Moridin_nae'blis »

Moridin Neyar a young pale elf looked at the other officers and got his first impression of them all. Moridin was dressed in heavy black armour from the neck down. He still wore his sword and his sheild was resting on the back of his chair. They had been summonded in haste and he did not want to be late so he came without dropping off his things.

Moridin was a young noble who was new to his position of leadership. When the old head of his house was killed in battle, he took over. This was his first task to prove his merit to his house that he was capable of leading them. He was rather iritated that someone had sabotaged this mission

He had a very slight smile on his face as he took the initiative to stand up introduce himself to the other officers. Someone would have to speak up first, and Moridin figured why not him. He hopped no one took his smile for a sign that he wanted to be here, because he was clearly as angered by General Sohnerin's assassination as many others were. He simply wanted to make things pleasant to make this process a tad smoother.

"I am Moridin Neyar, but you may all call me Moridin," he told everyone. "I figure that we should all... introduce ourselves so that we can get to know each other. While this situation is unpleasant, if we can find the culprit, then we find General Sohnerin's belongings, and that means our mission is back on track. As I suspect, most everyone present wants this mission to be a success, and so do I. I think that the sooner we find who the culprit is, the better. Personally, I would not want the wrath of the temple on all of our heads for faliure. Do any of you?"
+++ Team Mulligans +++

I'm baaaaack!
Drakhan
Noble

Post by Drakhan »

Drakhan A veteran officer of the guard twisted his metal band marking his station around his finger a few times before he stood to speak. "Im willing to wagger a hundred slaves against a goblin that we will be dealing with Slaaneshii. Lets hope this lot are as incompentent as the last lot, although Im afraid that is alot to hope for."

Drakhan's hand moved down to one of the twin swords at his waist. "Personaly I am not going to shread a tear if I have to cut down any who attempt to escape. In fact I would quite welcome the chance... Some moreso then others." That last part was said under his breath, before he returned to his seat.

"Moridin was right. No words means no action. So we better have a little chat, if you take my meaning. I guess Ill give you a quick run down on myself. I for those that dont know am Drackan Vaen. Most of my Six hundred and twenty nine years Ive been a guard for the temple, and for about one hundred and fifty of them Ive been an senior officer. I train, I fight, and I kill as necasary."

Drakhan's hand moved down to one of the twin swords at his waist. "Personaly I am not going to shread a tear if I have to cut down any who attempt to escape. In fact I would quite welcome the chance... Some moreso then others." That last part was said under his breath, before he returned to his seat.

For a minute or two Drakhan said nothing. Then an unfortanate rat decided to streak past his chair. Drakhan's razor thin sword flashed, and the Rodents head was seperated completly from its body. "Time to hunt the vermin that have infested this place."
Drakhan who was once Shaadan who was once Drow sorcerer who was once Tangas who was once Drow Sorcerer.

Damn you SAU!
Stickman
Trainee Warrior

Post by Stickman »

Stickman let out a sigh, and stepped out of the corner he was leaning in. He was already skeptical of numerous people in the room, and wanted almost nothing to do with them.

He folded his arms and began,
"I'm not a man of many words, so I'll keep this short. I'm from the Blackspine Mountains, and have little trust for few people. I don't think that I can find these traitor on my own, but I forsee you searching for my help rather than me searching for yours. I can see that a few of you are a little close minded already. Mordin, did you ever take into consideration that there could be more than one traitor?"

"This sure won't be easy" he let out with a chuckle

Then with a flick of his cloak, he walked backed to the corner.
Sbod
Executioner

Post by Sbod »

Sbod stood up from her chair.

"Greetings fellow lords, I am a devout member of our temple and as such am disgusted at all of you. This is because in my eyes you are all guilty untill proven innocent"

Her hand lowered to one of her two twin blades.
"I must warn you that I have little time for matters such as this and so suggest we beggin soon."

She lowered herself gently back into her chair, looking each officer in the eyes in turn.
A Day Without Sbod Is Like A Day Without Sunshine.
Sleekdd
Highborn
Location: Belgium, the only country where surrealism is a way of life.

Post by Sleekdd »

Sleek Darla was leaning against the windowsill, gazing outside to the green hell that awaited the raiders and that had already been the scene of much adversity. Once Mioralynthia had addressed the assembled officers, she walked to her seat and sat down much like a head of state would do: back straight, arms in perfect symmetry on the provided supports and, in her case, her legs crossed.

Aside her red loincloth and black boots, only elven steel graced her body, keeping prying eyes from seeing what they shouldn’t be seeing, or to act as jewellery. Two empty sheathes graced her hips, hinting at the removal of the trademark dual blades of the Witch Elves.

“The leader of this entire undertaking was killed. One would claim this is a severe blow to the objectives of the Temple of Khaine. On the other hand, the man did manage to lead us into an ambush that saw the death of many officers and soldiers on the very first sortie. Quite an accomplishment if one is to keep in mind we were not announced.”

“This event has, however, brought treason to our attention as well and we can not afford to leave this insult unanswered. Given the lack of compelling evidence“ , Darla shot a snippy look at Mioralynthia, “we will have to rely on experience.”

Darla turned her head toward Drakhan.
“You speak of past events. You have knowledge of such incursions then? Perhaps you could be so kind as to tell us of it. It would help us catch the larger kinds of vermin in this room. Not that your dashing display of rat anatomy doesn’t leave an impression.”
Great minds think alike.
So if you want diversity, try morons.
Getwisteerd
Highborn
Location: The duke's forest (yes that's the name of the town I live in)

Post by Getwisteerd »

Getwisteerd, stoop up from the chair she was sitting on, and looked around the room, many of the faces ere unfamiliar to her, for she had nearly constantly been at sea raiding for the past decades.

"As we all know this mission is of great importance to the Temple and the orders come from Hellebron directly. We also know that very few knew of this operation before we left port, this means that it is nearly impossible that whoever killed Sohnerin came from anywhere else than this ship, so one of you, or more than one of you, is working against the Temple, and therefore working against Khaine. We shall have to find them"
Drakhan
Noble

Post by Drakhan »

Drakhan shruged. "There was a simlar inflitration not to long back into the temple itself. We managed to come though quite easily. On the first day a lucky guess on the part of an old windbag who I admitadly did not see eye to eye with, scored us our first kill. I belive he still has a migraine thanks to some idiot with a club." Drakhan took a sip of wine. "After that it was just a matter of catching those who all to eagerly tried to defend comrades. That time we got lucky, I admit. We cannot count on luck."

OOC: No offence ment at all Sleek Just roleplaying.
Drakhan who was once Shaadan who was once Drow sorcerer who was once Tangas who was once Drow Sorcerer.

Damn you SAU!
Moridin_nae'blis
Beastmaster

Moridin's smile had grown bigger with Stickman's coment. What a fool. Closeminded he called him? Ridiculous!

"Stickman, of course I knew there were more than one traitor in the planning of the murder, but I am sure that the actual killing was done by one man," Nirihl told him. Nirihl then stood up, because he wanted this next comment to make a point. "And Stickman, I do not care for such insults as being called close minded and I am sure the others don't either. And Stickman," Moridin said with his smile growing slightly bigger. "Why don't you join us. It would make things so much easier if we were all here together."

Moridin then sat down and decided to adress the real conversation going on now. "Drakhan is right. We cannot reley on luck now. If these traitors are going to be found, we will have to find them with skill," Moridin told everyone. "And Sbod, I suggest you learn a little patience, because we could be here for a long time..."
+++ Team Mulligans +++

I'm baaaaack!
Xtremenl
Black Guard

Post by Xtremenl »

XtremeNL was one of the more excentric lordlings in the army, despite only being the subcommander of a few spearman regiments.

His light grey, almost white eyes contrasted strongly with his long black hair that stuck trough a long helmet with an open top and the rune for flame hammer in the front. His dark blue chestplate again contrasting with the bright red stone set in an amulet around XtremeNL's neck.
The most unnusual thing about him in battle though, was his use of a oversized twohanded sword that was now sheethed on his back, aptly named Hacks.

"After being promoted for taking care of my temple, I still end up being one of the accused here, life is ironic is it not?
Still, I'll do my best to get out of here as soon as possible, without any loyal dark elves losing their lives."

OOC: Best opening story yet, Tarbo. Haksor is a great character ;)
Spire
Shade

Post by Spire »

Spire cast an expressionless gaze around the room, his pale sunken eyes flitting from person to person without seeming to really see any of them as people, only as some form of animate scenary.
Sensing that it was required of him to say something, he slowly rose to his feet, his spurs clinking as they touched the floor.
Upright, his gaunt, haggered appearrance has clear to all, as was the crossbow and long cloak that marked him out for what he was: a dark rider.

"Since we seem to need introductions," he began, his voice cold and rasping, "You may refer to me as Spire, although I'd advise you to keep any opinions about my name to yourselves. I have no fixed residence, and I feel no need to inform you of my place of birth, since it is an irrelevence."

"It is all very well to talk of skill," he continued, "but what does that mean, exactly? It is all very well to say that if no words are exchanged then no action can be taken, but I cannot see why an empty phrase will give any insight into our situation."
Sloganizer.net Signature
noun
The kind of thing Hitler would balk at.

Repeat after me, children:
Druchii are not Drow
Telrunya
Shade

Post by Telrunya »

An ambush, a room full of officers, a scantily dressed witch elf, and a dead rat. Telrunya rubbed his chin in thought. To the outside observer, there was no clear connection. It was no different to the inside observer.

"Everyone is introducing themselves; I see no reason to be the odd man out. My name is Telrunya, I am a representative of house Daerleth in this raid."

Telrunya's physical description would fit most dark elves in the prime of their life: pale skin, dark hair, youthful complexion. Two empty weapon sheathes betray his fighting preference.

"I agree with Spire in that neither silence nor hollow words will aid us, yet I think we should give everyone the opportunity to talk before starting voting."
Morvai
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Morvai »

Morvai signed heavily, talking had never been his thing and already people where saying that all they will be doing the coming days is talking. Had this been what Khaine had in mind for this raid? Instead of fighting sitting around a table and argue who was guilty and who wasn’t? Morvai honestly couldn’t believe it.

Morvai looked around at the gathered people, most where noble or temple servants. He saw mixed emotions on the faces. Some had already spoken and most of them had touched their blades while they where speaking, one had even made an example by killing a rat.
Morvai signed again. Did they really believe that displaying your battle skill was going to help now?

Morvai stood up to introduce himself and while he did it he thought about how strange his appearance might be to others.
He was of middle age and had black hair. His hair was tied back into a simple ponytail. He wore black clothes and dark red plate armour. His armour was plain, no house symbols or runes. His face was covered with a few minor scars, enough to give him a veteran appearance but to few to wrack his face. On his belt hung, instead of the typical twin swords, a big spiked mace. Behind his chair stood his shield.
Morvai addressed the council and said, "My name is Morvai and I have spent most of my years in serves of the temple. I hope that we can end this round of introduction soon and go on with more important matters."
Morvai sat back down. He thought about what the others had said and concluded that it was indeed pointless to state anymore then what he just had said, for it was all the information he could bring to the table at this point.
Masters of Mischief (NC background)
The Black Blades (DE). W: 2 D: 2 L: 1
Sbod
Executioner

Post by Sbod »

Sbod stood up again, her firery red hair flowing out behind her.
She turned to Moridin: "Why should I be patient? It was not me that killed our officer. So instead of being out there killing I am stuck in here, trying to work out which of you killed our general"

She sat down again and began to toy with a necklace hanging between her breasts.
Moridin_nae'blis
Beastmaster

"Well now Sbod, no need to get too angry, and think of it this way. If we find the culprits, the sooner you can go back to killing our enemies." Moridin told her. "And since Spire and Morvai both seem to agree that action must be taken, I feel that we should get this started. Now you may be asking why I am changing my previous thought that everyone should introduce ourselves first, but I am an Elf who can admit when he is wrong. If you really all want this to start then I am sure that you will support me. While a random guess is not the best plan of action, it is one of the very few open too us, and some action is better than none at all. If any of you have a better guess than me, I might back it up. But until then, I am voting for WhiteBoyPolka. Those silent should speak up if they want to live...

vote: WhiteBoyPolka

OOC: Sorry WBP, I'm just trying to get this started. Nothing personal
+++ Team Mulligans +++

I'm baaaaack!
Sbod
Executioner

Post by Sbod »

"Well, Moridin. It is intersting that you would lash out at someone before they even have a chance to speak for themselves, as we had all agreed would happen. I am sorry but I cannot trust someone who would so quickly condem one of their own kin without a second thought, or even knowledge of that person. As such I am placing my suspicions upon you my dear sir."

vote: Moridin_Nae'blis
Sleekdd
Highborn
Location: Belgium, the only country where surrealism is a way of life.

Post by Sleekdd »

“I hate to break this to you both, Moridin and Sbod, but both your actions will be to the detriment of the council.”

Moridin, while I agree a wild guess has to be taken, we still have time left. I suggest we spend it on allowing those have not yet spoken up to do so. But we should not just wait idly. If we are going to depend on a guess, I’d rather see it made by someone I can tentatively trust. I suggest that, if you want to contribute to the success of the council, you spend your time discussing what you learn and leave the voting for when it is called for.”

Sbod, I don’t know whether your are an innocent hoping to get something done or a traitor looking for an opportunity to kill someone using our means but your display of cowardice does not sit well with me. If anything, your action will discourage anyone from speaking up and lead the council into paralysis.”

OOC: Drakhan, all in good fun. ;)
Great minds think alike.
So if you want diversity, try morons.
Ashnari doomsong
Highborn

Post by Ashnari doomsong »

Ashnari Doomsong was a strange little elf with an unknown number of maps secreted about his person and with spectacles so big that they looked like they would take off his admittedly small nose any second.

Ashnari liked frog legs. He had brought one to the council chamber.

"Indeed, Sleek. We should first wait to see if anyone acts... out of turn, and then kill'em. Of course, we must kill someone sooner or later. Preferably sooner than later, really."
General Kala wrote:...reasons for taking Dark Riders are secondary to their unparallelled ability to rush up and shout "nah na na-naah nah", escape, and do it again...

Getwisteerd
Highborn
Location: The duke's forest (yes that's the name of the town I live in)

Post by Getwisteerd »

"although killing does please Khaine I'm not sure He would be happy if this operation failed because we just started slaughtering eachother" getwisteerd said, casting a longing look at her two swords, standing near the door of the room. "Not unitil everyone has spoken should we start with voting, for why would those who haven't spoken yet be guilty? That doesn't make sense to me"
Drakhan
Noble

Post by Drakhan »

"I dont think geting voted out means death. It does however mean interogation. Though Im not entirly certain as to the methods used against Slaaeshii. Well there is no point cutting this short. Vote: Extend Deadline"

Damn you SAU!
Tarbo
Morathi's Best Friend
Morathi's Best Friend

Post by Tarbo »

The discussions are tensed and awkward. Over a dozen people from all corners and sizes have been thrown together into what you usually clean off a blender. You imagine that it will get worse before it gets better. It always does.

Opinions have been made clear: some favour the right to speak and be heard, others believe they are wasting time. You stand by and defend your decision, whichever side you've chosen, and find yourself in an uneasy rundown of the occupants. And while it obviously irks Mioralynthia that progress is slow, she must understand that it is not up to her, and that forcing everyone's hand would pave the road to a very messy week.

Your eyes briefly meet a few that have yet to introduce themselves. You're not sure whether they will do just that—introduce themselves—or whether they are content with their anonymity. No matter, you reckon, they will be brought to act, one way or the other.

A silence is barely broken when a messenger enters the chamber, his sweaty complexion radiating a recent presence in the jungle. He approaches Mioralynthia and quietly conveys his message, after which he takes his leave.

“Ladies and gentlemen,” Mioralynthia breaks a silence when she rises. “Our scouts report a possible location that we can attack with minimal resistance. We are in the process of working out an attack plan. There is still time, but it is fleeting.” That being said, she sits down again, observing the proceeding that simply doesn't quite seem to catch her attention.

“And yes,” she interjects before the conversation can resume, “we do intend to investigate and interrogate people instead of simply offing their heads.”

WhiteBoyPolka
  1. Moridin Neyar (Moridin_Nae'blis)
    Moridin Neyar (Moridin_Nae'blis)
  1. SBOD
    Extend Deadline
  1. Drakhan
Stickman
Trainee Warrior

Post by Stickman »

"We will never get anything done if some of us don't stop wildly pointing the finger at other people, and the squabbling over it. To me, there has been much talk of action and little action that actually helps the council."

Looking at all of the officers, Stickman catches sight of a window, and sees one of his subordinates running by the window.

"You will have to excuse me for a moment"
Spire
Shade

Post by Spire »

Spire's head snapped around to face Stickman. The rider's cold, analytical gaze locking firmly on the other elf.
"I think not." he stated, slowly and deliberately, "All our loyalties are under question here, yours included. You will stay here until it is decided that you should leave, this attempt to escape of yours places you under great suspicion indeed so I suggest that you come up with a convincing explanation. If you can."
Sloganizer.net Signature
noun
The kind of thing Hitler would balk at.

Repeat after me, children:
Druchii are not Drow
Tarbo
Morathi's Best Friend
Morathi's Best Friend

Post by Tarbo »

“If there is some message you would like to convey to your subordinates, officer,” Lynthia raises her voice, “I will be happy to relay it. Otherwise, would you be so kind to focus on the matter at hand?”

Her fingernails rap on the table briefly while eyeing some of you in no particular order. “Allow me to confirm that you will not leave this room without express permission. Which is hereby denied.”
Moridin_nae'blis
Beastmaster

Moridin chuckled as he about how Stickman actually thought he would be allowed to leave. The arrogance it must take to so rudely excuse yourself without any permision. And I thought I was arrogant...

"Now that that matter is has been... resolved, I will tell all of you that, yes, my actions might have been made in haste, but I am not going to change my vote. While I will be upset if we loose a Khaine Loyalist I am still not going to change my mind.
+++ Team Mulligans +++

I'm baaaaack!